Feeding Frenzy

Guest 2smart4u

Guest Steve_C
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/01/1/l_011_01.html

Of course Fundamentalists think PBS is a satanic organization anyway.

Wow. A very simple and straightforward explanation of how the eye would develop over a fairly short amount of evolutionary time.

No designer needed.

But of course a designer is a much more obvious explanation. God did it always is.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 2smart4u
Out of curiosity I had to see if "darwiniac" was a clever named coined by 2smart4u.

Nope.

As defined with overwhelming accord by the Urban Dictionary:

"Darwiniac: Pejorative for "evolutionary biologist" made up Nazi witch and infamous gobshite Ann Coulter because she has got her head shoved so far up her own arse that she can't accept the evidence of evolution."

So 2smart4u...

Are you 2smart to think for yourself?

Be careful how you speak about Ann Coulter, she's a hero of mine. If she ran for president she'd have my vote and the vote of many americans. Radical left Kool-aid drinkers hate her so now I see that beside being a Daffy Darwiniac, you're also a radical left Kool-aider. Have you ever considered being sterilized ??

Guest Patriot
It's an official US treaty that we signed in which it is plainly stated that "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion..."

Now, I can understand why that would give ME a good laugh, as it directly contradicts your illusion of the USA being in any way a "Christian nation" or founded on Christianity, but I must wonder...why does it amuse you so to have your idiocy exposed?

Nonsense. The Treaty of Tripoli was a pact between the Barbary Coast pirates and the U.S. in which the U.S. agreed to pay the pirates so they wouldn't attack our shipping in the early 19th century. At that time in history the U.S didn't have a navy capable of taking on the pirates, so paying them off was a viable solution. How you can extrapolate america's christian heritage from that is bizarre.

Guest Guest to Paul
So, based upon your scientific analysis, I can assume you're gay.

Not a reply to a suggestions that someone is gay, but I can't help but notice that Paul is browsing. Not Matt, but Paul. Just another indication that the LaClair family is not after the truth, but in fact just looooves the controversy! This will be my last post, because I won't contribute any further to this "WITCH HUNT."

Guest 2smart4u
lol, first of all, scientific analysis never results in an assumption.

Second lol, no, my explanation does not mean you can interchange the definitions, you imbecile. An attempt to inject the "guess" colloquial meaning of "theory" into the scientific term "theory" in order to claim one has made a scientific conclusion is as retarded as concluding that a child is a goat because goat children are called "kids."

And third lol, it wouldn't be based on scientific analysis (obviously), but sure you can assume I'm gay, if you want to. Outside of science, a theory is just a guess: anyone can make one, and there is zero correlation between such a theory and its validity/factuality. In other words, sure, you can assume it--that doesn't mean it's right, though.

A scientific theory is a collection of related scientific facts (which in turn require evidence to become facts) that come together to provide an explanation of the mechanisms of something.

A colloquial theory is just a guess. No evidence, no experiments for testing. Just a hypothesis that never progresses. Generally worthless by itself.

Evolution is not an assumption ??

Paul's phrase: "those are the values in which we "trained" Matthew" are so telling.  Paul's pompous smugness comes across loud and clear in all his postings, but especially in his "training" of Matthew. It's becoming increasingly clear to me that Matthew is a victim here, a victim of his father's over-bearing, pompous attitude.

The best athletes train. So do the best chefs, the best scientists, the best everything.

Nonsense. The Treaty of Tripoli was a pact between the Barbary Coast pirates and the U.S. in which the U.S. agreed to pay the pirates so they wouldn't attack our shipping in the early 19th century. At that time in history the U.S didn't have a navy capable of taking on the pirates, so paying them off was a viable solution. How you can extrapolate america's christian heritage from  that is bizarre.

The statement that the US was not founded as a Christian nation is not an extrapolation from the Treaty of Tripoli. The treaty explicitly says that.

Guest Steve_C
Be careful how you speak about Ann Coulter, she's a hero of mine. If  she ran for president she'd have my vote and the vote of many americans. Radical left Kool-aid drinkers hate her so now I see that beside being a Daffy Darwiniac, you're also a radical left Kool-aider. Have you ever considered being sterilized ??

Wow. That's not a surprise. A known plagarist and liar.

She's proof there is no god. Only a cruel god would let her exist.

Be careful how you speak about Ann Coulter, she's a hero of mine.

Ann Coulter is a dishonest psycho who panders to buffoons.

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/02/16/ann_c...rs_lies_ab.html

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/05/05/ann_co...rmance_liar.php

^just the tip of the iceberg

If  she ran for president she'd have my vote and the vote of many americans.

Yeah, the stupid ones--exactly the ones she caters to, 'cause no one else falls for her bullshit.

Radical left Kool-aid drinkers hate her so now I see that beside being a Daffy Darwiniac, you're also a radical left Kool-aider. Have you ever considered being sterilized ??

Feel that Christian love.

And they say atheists are the immoral ones.

Nonsense.

Ohhhhh? :P

The Treaty of Tripoli was a pact between the Barbary Coast pirates and the U.S. in which the U.S. agreed to pay the pirates so they wouldn't attack our shipping in the early 19th century. At that time in history the U.S didn't have a navy capable of taking on the pirates, so paying them off was a viable solution.

100% irrelevant. But I wouldn't put it past you to dodge the issue, so I'll just ignore your rambling for now.

How you can extrapolate america's christian heritage from  that is bizarre.

(You mean its lack of Christian heritage) Is it really so bizarre to a fundie to read words? That's bizarre to you? 'Cause that's all I did--I read the treaty. You ought to try it sometime.

the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion

Guest 2smart4u
The statement that the US was not founded as a Christian nation is not an extrapolation from the Treaty of Tripoli. The treaty explicitly says that.

The treaty dates to 1796. Article 11 referenced christianity because of the muslim pirates fear of "crusaders". The treaty was broken in 1801 and re-established in 1805 WITHOUT ARTICLE 11. (Christianity prevailed).

Be careful how you speak about Ann Coulter, she's a hero of mine. If  she ran for president she'd have my vote and the vote of many americans. Radical left Kool-aid drinkers hate her so now I see that beside being a Daffy Darwiniac, you're also a radical left Kool-aider. Have you ever considered being sterilized ??

Wow, you're actually THAT dumb--to consider Ann Coulter a "hero"? (Well, I guess "heroine" wasn't an option....) Seriously--Ann Freakin' Coulter, who even the farthest of far-right zealots are embarrassed by?

I don't even have to worry about whether 2smart is sterilized; it's obvious no woman would want anything to do with him.

Guest 2smart4u
Wow, you're actually THAT dumb--to consider Ann Coulter a "hero"? (Well, I guess "heroine" wasn't an option....) Seriously--Ann Freakin' Coulter, who even the farthest of far-right zealots are embarrassed by?

I don't even have to worry about whether 2smart is sterilized; it's obvious no woman would want anything to do with him.

It's obvious you get all your news from radical left bloggers. I'm cool with that, I'm not here to save you. BTW ..... I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful children.

2smart4u: "Evolution is not an assumption?"

No.  Evolution is both an extremely well-supported scientific theory and an observed fact. 

What a goofy question.

Leigh Williams

Austin, Texas

observed fact? I have never seen a monkey become a human being? Have you?

Evolution is not an assumption ??

LOL! You can't be serious!

...please don't be serious.

Hell no--the Theory of Evolution (ToE for short) is not an assumption at all. The ToE is an assumption as much as you are a member of the Church of Satan:

Not at all, and how the hell could anyone with a working brain possibly come to that conclusion?

The treaty dates to 1796. Article 11 referenced christianity because of the muslim pirates fear of "crusaders". The treaty was broken in 1801 and re-established in 1805 WITHOUT ARTICLE 11.  (Christianity prevailed).

Ahem.

http://bmccreations.com/one_nation/nation.html

Wake up. The founding fathers made some pretty strong statements against your precious faith.

From the above website (citations are all on the page--left out of this post for brevity):

John Adams

"Have you considered that system of holy lies and pious frauds that has raged and triumphed for 1500 years."

"The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles."

Thomas Jefferson

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites."

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes"

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own"

James Madison

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution."

"In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people."

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."

Benjamin Franklin

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."

And these are the words of the guys who were INSTRUMENTAL in the founding of this country--and you think THESE guys founded a "Christian nation?" Get your head out of your ass and come join the rest of us in reality--if you have the guts, that is.

The treaty dates to 1796. Article 11 referenced christianity because of the muslim pirates fear of "crusaders". The treaty was broken in 1801 and re-established in 1805 WITHOUT ARTICLE 11.  (Christianity prevailed).

It was 1806, and all they did was re-word it.

You can argue about what people who are long since dead believed all you like, but the question you can't answer is what historical example is there for a nation that has stood for religious freedom for everyone having any serious problems as a result of it. By contrast, the nations that have been ripped apart by mixing church and state are many. So why isn't separation of church and state the best way to go?

Not that I expect to see an answer, since there isn't one. Except, of course: It is the best rule. Prove me wrong, and by all means do share your intelligence with us by explaining in detail so those of us who are beneath you can understand.

And these are the words of the guys who were INSTRUMENTAL in the founding of this country--and you think THESE guys founded a "Christian nation?" Get your head out of your ass and come join the rest of us in reality--if you have the guts, that is.

Christians don't believe in reality. They believe in Jesus.

Don't try to confuse them with facts. They know the "truth."

God save us all from the Christians.

Don't they have some Jews to burn at the stake somewhere? Can't they go destroy some Native American Tribes? Oh, too late, they already destroyed that culture.

observed fact? I have never seen a monkey become a human being? Have you?

Of course not. That's not how evolution works. However, scientists have observed evolution as it occurred in some organisms.

If you really want to understand evolution, you'll have to open your mind, open some books and study it. It isn't a myth or fairy tale, so you can't just tell a simple story and hope to understand evolution, any more than you can understand nuclear physics that way. Understanding evolution requires work, just like a great many things that are true in nature. Most people don't have the time for it, but at least they could respect the brilliant scientists all over the world who have developed this field of study and applied it practically in fields like medicine. It's a very real science with real-world applications, which are advancing every year. Refusing to believe it won't make it go away, and why would you want to? You don't seem to appreciate the good it has done and is doing, most directly in biology and medicine, but also in the social sciences, where evolutionary principles are also moving the disciplines into the realm of hard science.