Feeding Frenzy

Guest 2smart4u

I guess working in the town all maked Strife767 the expert on everything.  Since he is the "hotshot"  on every subject know to man.  Definitely someone who likes to hear himself talk even if its to his lonely typewriter.  I guess since your life consist of working in the town hall,  that automatically makes you the expert on molecule biology.

Did you even read what you responded to? :) I asked about the "hundreds of thousands of other molecular biologists with the same PhD [who] call Behe a crackpot." I'm talking about THEM, not me.

Can the cowardly ad hominems and address what I actually said, if you dare.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bewildered
I guess working in the town all maked Strife767 the expert on everything.  Since he is the "hotshot"  on every subject know to man.  Definitely someone who likes to hear himself talk even if its to his lonely typewriter.  I guess since your life consist of working in the town hall,  that automatically makes you the expert on molecule biology.

This guy is either a joke or a graduate of KHS.

Guest 2smart4u
What about when hundreds of thousands of other molecular biologists with the same PhD call Behe a crackpot? Still waiting for your answer on that, hotshot. :(

"hundreds of thousands of other molecular biologists" ??!! You've pulled some rediculous remarks from your ass but this one would be hard to top.

Guest 2smart4u
Not necessarily, but he's certainly not grasping the essentials of the scientific method OR the current status of the evidence on evolution.

As already discussed, Behe's book has a truckload of serious errors in both facts and logic. Johnson's, however, is beneath contempt; it's full of outright lies, misquotes, distortions, and blatantly false assertions backed by unsupported claims and conclusions. Behe could simply be misguided; Johnson is actively deceitful.

Are you and strife in competition with each other to see who can make the most rediculous remarks ??

Guest 2smart4u

Thank You. It's good to see strife is recognized for the idiot that he is.

Are you and strife in competition with each other to see who can make the most rediculous remarks ??

We wouldn't stand a chance against you in that contest, 2dim.

Produce your evidence or admit you don't have any. OR (more likely) keep taking cheap shots and childish insults because you know you can't support your claims.

Either way, you've already lost and are just too stubborn to admit it.

Guest Steve_C

We get one graduate student on here and all of a sudden 2dim and his cohorts are listening to scientists.

Please. Your consistency is not impressive.

The overwhelming majority of molecular biologists... 95%? or more endorse evolution as valid.

If you bothered to research it you would know that Behe and Johnson are considered jokes, they've jumped the tracks.

"hundreds of thousands of other molecular biologists" ??!!

Well, okay, molecular biologists plus other earth/life scientists--basically the "hundreds of thousands" refers to all scientists who work in fields that the theory of evolution directly applies to or is involved with.

You've pulled some rediculous remarks from your ass but this one would be hard to top.

Yeah, mm hmm, whatever:

"Taking into account only those working in the relevant fields of earth and life sciences, there are about 480,000 scientists, but only about 700 believe in "creation-science" or consider it a valid theory (Robinson 1995)." --http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html (emphasis added)

And if you want to know where Robinson's info came from (because it seems like any talkorigins URL is kryptonite to you (also I think I remember you whining about how Robinson's stupid or something just because he quotes a source with info you don't like :(), here:

"...there are some 700 scientists with respectable academic credentials (out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists) who give credence to creation-science..." --Newsweek, 1987

And that's a fair while back--the number's been shrinking since then. Basically, the more we learn, the less creationists there are. We're already at the point where only the really stubborn are ignoring the evidence and clinging to their preconceived notions about the world.

P.S. BESIDES, "one needs to examine not how many scientists and professors believe something, but what their conviction is based upon. Most of those who reject evolution do so because of personal religious conviction, not because of evidence. The evidence supports evolution. And the evidence, not personal authority, is what objective conclusions should be based on." --http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html

Dear Strife and Bewildered - like you, i have banged my head against the wall with "2smart" and others, and clearly they will endlessly argue that 2+2=5 regardless of the overwhelming evidence. So really, this post is for all sane and reflective folks who don't necessarily believe that JC walked on water and rose from the dead...and certainly is not the creator of all life in the universe - sorry folks, if you believe that he did these things you are plainly, simply, undeniably wrong. no blind faith, twisted logic or repeated and collective shouting will change the truth - you are one group of blind "believers" who happen to choose JC as your "god" (likely an accident of birth) based on absolultey no evidence. I understand you wish it to be true with all your heart but there's no garden of Eden, no dinosaurs on the ark, no virgin births unless you count my cousin's on Staten Island (she swears!!) So just go out and be nice to each other even if the other guy is a moron who thinks he's "too smart" for everyone. Let them continue believing their myths and folklore. religious zealots are really just too gullible for words and not susceptible to reasoned discussions because they believe in the impossible. sad really. I know they dont want pity but it's like living your life for the tooth fairy.

Guest BIK49YIK
Did you even read what you responded to? :blink: I asked about the "hundreds of thousands of other molecular biologists with the same PhD [who] call Behe a crackpot." I'm talking about THEM, not me.

Can the cowardly ad hominems and address what I actually said, if you dare.

You know who really is the only coward here, don't you? Does anyone anymore really care what you say. If its not a post from you its a response from you. No one really care anymore who you are hiding behind this website. Someday you might find out that no one really does care about you.

Guest DingoDave

Come on '2smart', answer the questions.

Where is the research, who are the scientists making these ridiculous conclusions, and who are the scientists who are flocking to I.D?

What about the hundreds of thousands of other molecular biologists with the same qualifications who call Behe a crackpot?

If Behe is such a genius, why was he forced by his own university to put a disclaimer on their website stating that they officially disown his ideas?

Please explain yourself. If you refuse to answer, we can only assume that you don't have any answers.

And I expect more from you than some lame, toilet humour insult as a reply.

When will you learn to spell the word "ridiculous" correctly?

Probably learned to spell it wrong in your Christian Home School Curriculum.

It's funny how you call yourself "2smart4U" yet you are are so ignorant of the English Language.

But I suppose if it isn't in your Bible, it isn't important.

You know who really is the only coward here, don't you?  Does anyone anymore really care what you say.  If its not a post from you its a response from you.  No one really care anymore who you are hiding behind this website.  Someday you might find out that no one really does care about you.

I don't give a damn if you don't care about me, though it's obvious you do care enough about what I say to have taken the time out to write this completely off-topic post just about me. :blink:

Can you respond to what I posted?

Come on '2smart', answer the questions.

Where is the research, who are the scientists making these ridiculous conclusions, and who are the scientists who are flocking to I.D?

What about the hundreds of thousands of other molecular biologists with the same qualifications who call Behe a crackpot?

If Behe is such a genius, why was he forced by his own university to put a disclaimer on their website stating that they officially disown his ideas? 

Please explain yourself. If you refuse to answer, we can only assume that you don't have any answers.

And I expect more from you than some lame, toilet humour insult as a reply.

what's a dingodave ?? is it a bird ?

Guest 2smart4u
Well, okay, molecular biologists plus other earth/life scientists--basically the "hundreds of thousands" refers to all scientists who work in fields that the theory of evolution directly applies to or is involved with.

Yeah, mm hmm, whatever:

"Taking into account only those working in the relevant fields of earth and life sciences, there are about 480,000 scientists, but only about 700 believe in "creation-science" or consider it a valid theory (Robinson 1995)." --http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html (emphasis added)

And if you want to know where Robinson's info came from (because it seems like any talkorigins URL is kryptonite to you (also I think I remember you whining about how Robinson's stupid or something just because he quotes a source with info you don't like :blink:), here:

"...there are some 700 scientists with respectable academic credentials (out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists) who give credence to creation-science..." --Newsweek, 1987

And that's a fair while back--the number's been shrinking since then. Basically, the more we learn, the less creationists there are. We're already at the point where only the really stubborn are ignoring the evidence and clinging to their preconceived notions about the world.

P.S. BESIDES, "one needs to examine not how many scientists and professors believe something, but what their conviction is based upon. Most of those who reject evolution do so because of personal religious conviction, not because of evidence. The evidence supports evolution. And the evidence, not personal authority, is what objective conclusions should be based on." --http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html

480,000 divided by 50 states = Almost 10,000 scientists per state on average ??? Those college labs must be very crowded. LMAO !! Just when I think I heard the most ridiculous remarks possible, strife raises the bar.

Guest Steve_C
When will you learn to spell the word "ridiculous" correctly?

Probably learned to spell it wrong in your Christian Home School Curriculum.

It's funny how you call yourself "2smart4U"  yet you are are so ignorant of the English Language.

But I suppose if it isn't in your Bible, it isn't important.

I find this funny too...

www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007701200319

Another law breaking, evolution bashing preacher... much like Mr. P.

I find this funny too... 

He's lucky he got only 10. *nods*

Yeah, if there was anyone I was more happy to learn was going to jail for his dishonesty, it's Hovind. If I believed in karma, this would be my proof.

Guest bewildered
I find this funny too... 

Hovind is another one who believes that "The Flintstones" was TV's first reality show.

Guest Scooter Fibby
480,000 divided by 50 states = Almost 10,000 scientists per state on average ???  Those college labs must be very crowded.  LMAO  !!    Just when I think I heard the most ridiculous remarks possible, strife raises the bar.

Actually, when it comes to ridiculous, the White House sets the bar and no one has yet surpassed it.

Guest DinngoDave
480,000 divided by 50 states = Almost 10,000 scientists per state on average ???  Those college labs must be very crowded.  LMAO  !!    Just when I think I heard the most ridiculous remarks possible, strife raises the bar.

Once again, you proudly flaunt your almost complete lack of comprehension '2smart'.

The article didn't say that all 480,000 scientists worked in college labs.

There are plenty of scientists who work for, or consult for private industry don't you know?

For example, there are many scientists who work in the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

There are many geologists, and geophysicists, and chemists etc. who work for the government or for petrochemical companies.

There are ecologists and marine biologists who work as consultants to the mining industry and to manufacturing companies.

And the list goes on.

Once again you have displayed your woeful lack of understandng of the scientific enterprise.

Aren't you getting embarrassed by now? If not, you should be.

Every time you open your mouth you seem to have misunderstood what has been said, and then consequently get shot down in flames.

Are you simply a masochist, or are you really that stupid??

480,000 divided by 50 states = Almost 10,000 scientists per state on average ???  Those college labs must be very crowded.  LMAO  !!

Apparently you're too stupid to realize that most scientists don't do all their work at a college.

You can arrogantly laugh at a statistic, but damned if you can ever refute it. How sad. <_<

Once again, you proudly flaunt your almost complete lack of comprehension '2smart'.

The article didn't say that all 480,000 scientists worked in college labs.

There are plenty of scientists who work for, or consult for private industry don't you know?

For example, there are many scientists who work in the medical and pharmaceutical industries.

There are many geologists, and geophysicists, and chemists etc. who work for the government or for petrochemical companies.

There are ecologists and marine biologists who work as consultants to the mining industry and to manufacturing companies.

And the list goes on.

Once again you have displayed your woeful lack of understandng of the scientific enterprise.

Aren't you getting embarrassed by now? If not, you should be. 

Every time you open your mouth you seem to have misunderstood what has been said, and then consequently get shot down in flames.

Are you simply a masochist, or are you really that stupid??

DinngoDave ?? That's a silly name. Whats a Dinngo, is that like getting take-out for dinner ?

Guest bewildered

The ID creationists still will not answer the main questions:]

Where is the science behind ID creationism?

Who are the scientists who believe in ID creationism?

Who are the scientists who have been flocking to ID creationism recently?

During a debate an ID creationist said he couldn't imagine evolution is true. He opponent replied, "You need more imagination."

TomRat: did you say in your last post that the garden of Eden was on Staten Island or did it read it too quickly?

Guest DingoDave
DinngoDave ??  That's a silly name. Whats a Dinngo, is that like getting take-out for dinner ?

The word 'Dinngo' was a typo. I accidentally hit the 'n' key twice.

It was meant to read 'dingo'.

The dingo is the Australian wild dog, which is thought to be descended from the Asian white-footed wolf. They are a very ancient breed, and for thousands of years have accompanied the Australian aborigines on their hunting trips and travels throughout the Australian bushland.

Unfortunately, they are now facing extinction as a seperate subspecies due to wild populations interbreeding with domestic dogs.

I hope this clears things up for you.