Feeding Frenzy

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

The athiests are swarming in this forum like sharks in a feeding frenzy. Finally, they have something to sink their teeth into (pun intended), a teacher that dared to use the word "God" in his classroom. This is not a "separation of church and state" issue. Unless this teacher was following a lesson plan prepared by the state (which he wasn't) then he was just offering his opinion on a religious topic.

Every HS student (except Matt) knows his own views on religion and is not offended by hearing someone else's view.

It appears to me that Matt's father put him up to this to intentionally cause the furor that has followed.

We are all losers in this sitution; the teacher, all his students, the town and the school board who will feel pressured to take disciplinary action.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patriot
The athiests are swarming in this forum like sharks in a feeding frenzy. Finally, they have something to sink their teeth into (pun intended), a teacher that dared to use the word "God" in his classroom. This is not a "separation of church and state" issue. Unless this teacher was following a lesson plan prepared by the state (which he wasn't) then he was just offering his opinion on a religious topic.

Every HS student (except Matt) knows his own views on religion and is not offended by hearing someone else's view. 

It appears to me that Matt's father put him up to this to intentionally cause the furor that has followed.

We are all losers in this sitution; the teacher, all his students, the town and the school board who will feel pressured to take disciplinary action.

You nailed it. Reading this garbage from the anti-God crowd you realize how mean-spirited and angry they are. I think what they're missing is God's love in their lives.

Guest Keith Brown-Marshall,Mo

I've read most all the post on this subject and those claiming to be "Aethists" are few. There are a great deal of practcing "Christians" who feel the teacher was in the wrong.

I don't feel the teacher should be fired but repremanded and told not to do it again. If he does, he's gone and it was more than just mentioning god and you know it.

I love the way that anyone who disagrees with you is "Anit-God" and mean spirited. I am at best an agnostic, but I don't harbor any ill will towards you because you are a Christain. I must say that you are not helping your cause.

Merry Christmas.

Well said!!! I noticed how angry they get when people do not agree with them. Even the ones that might be neutro and try to be kind to them, they come back with horrible comments.

More shocking to me is how they have offended and attacked the character of the people of this town. Calling us names and attacking our intelligence. After all of this they still want our support. They got to be kidding.

They are bitter and frustraded people.

Patriot: You nailed it. Reading this garbage from the anti-God crowd you realize how mean-spirited and angry they are. I think what they're missing is God's love in their lives.

I'm not part of the anti-God crowd. I am a professing and practing Christian. But the hatred and venom the Christianists on this board spew make me sick.

Likewise the complete inability some of you have to recognize one of the most clear-cut separation of church and state issues I've ever seen.

I think what you're missing in your life is some rational thought. Not to mention some Christian practice to go with your constant God-talk.

Leigh Williams

Austin, Texas

p.s. Patriot, your screen name is quite incredibly ironic.

Guest A.V. Blom
The athiests are swarming in this forum like sharks in a feeding frenzy. Finally, they have something to sink their teeth into (pun intended),

And a bad pun, at that.

a teacher that dared to use the word "God" in his classroom. This is not a "separation of church and state" issue.

Yes it is. Talking about religion when you're a teacher violates the Establishment clause of a little-known document called the Constitution. Your local library might have a copy of this mythical document for your perusal.

Unless this teacher was following a lesson plan prepared by the state (which he wasn't) then he was just offering his opinion on a religious topic.

Exactly. Which is a form of lawbreaking, especially when you're not just 'offering an opinion'. Have you listened to the tape? Telling people they belong in Hell is not just 'offering his opinion'.

A fallacious appeal to a nebulous motive. So far, he has gained nothing but the dislike of bigots like yourself...hardly a win.

Correct. You ARE losers. The teacher because of his remarks, the students because they kept their mouths shut and, when someon blew the whistle, had only the guts to attack the messenger. And finally, the town and school board because they haven't taken proper action.

Guest A. V. Blom
You nailed it.  Reading this garbage from the anti-God crowd you realize how mean-spirited and angry they are.

A lot of them are angry...and quite rightly so. After suffering the continuous slander from the God crowd, who apparently think that by divine right, they can oppress all the non-Christians in the country, I would be angry too.

I think what they're missing is God's love in their lives.

Fictional entities don't have much comfort for the logical and intelligent.

Guest Patriot
A lot of them are angry...and quite rightly so. After suffering the continuous slander from the God crowd, who apparently think that by divine right, they can oppress all the non-Christians in the country, I would be angry too.

Fictional entities don't have much comfort for the logical and intelligent.

Then you're to be pitied. Where will you spend eternity ?

Well said!!! I noticed how angry they get when people do not agree with them. Even the ones that might be neutro and try to be kind to them, they come back with horrible comments.

They come back with horrible comments, here, because so many people so richly deserve them. They are calling a fellow inhabitant of the town a TRAITOR for reporting on illegal activities!

More shocking to me is how they have offended and attacked the character of the people of this town. Calling us names and attacking our intelligence. After all of this they still want our support. They got to be kidding.

While a generalization might not be appropriate, it certainly seems mostly accurate. So far, I have not heard of ANYONE within the town supporting Leclair. Those that attack him deserve to be insulted.

They are bitter and frustraded people.

Bitter? Every atheist I've known is a generally happy person...maybe we are just angry at you for thinking you can ignore the Constitution.

Then you're to be pitied. Where will you spend eternity ?

In the ground rotting just like every other living thing on the planet. It all dies. And death is final.

Here's a question. If you believe in heaven... in what form is your body(spirit/soul) when you're "up" there. Do amputees get their limbs back? Do blind people get vision? Or are you just a formless consciousness with no form like a ball of light?

I'm not worried about eternity because I know my time is finite. Insignificant in the immense universe. And I'm perfectly ok with that.

AMEN.

Oh, I hope I didn't offend anyone. I said "Amen"

By the way, there seems to be alot of people from TexASS on this site, what the Hell is going on round' here.

Wrong. It is not aethists swarming this forum. It is people of varied beliefs and religions and yes that includes Christians. I don't think most Christian parents want their children told by their History teacher that there were dinosaurs on Noah's Arc. If you think it's only aethists who are upset about Mr. Paszkiewicz's actions then you haven't been paying attention.

A teacher who preaches his religion in his classroom is breaking the law.

If you feel oppressed by "atheists" (and more than a few Christians) on a public forum, how do you feel about Mr. P telling his captive audience that those who didn't believe the particular way he viewed religion belonged in hell?

There are asses on both sides that express themselves quite poorly, but please don't play victim when people push back on tyranny done in God's name. That kind of hypocrisy turns quite a lot of people off from Christianity, more than anything else.

I never thought that this could happen right here in my State of NJ. I would have expected it in Mississippi but not here. I just hope that most people in Kearny do not feel like some of those quoted in the article. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but we do have a constitution and I don't want my tax dollars going to pay for a hateful person who spews hateful opinions about others religions in a public institution. Ask yourself this: Would you want a teacher to say to your child, FOR ANY REASON, "you belong in hell"?

Guest a proud american

I am by no means an athiest. But I do believe in separation of Church and State which apparently you do not. So here is a suggestion for you. If you have any children, send them to a Christian School. That way they can get all of the religion they want. Or you can home school them. What is disgusting in all of this is the fact that you are supposed to be an educated person. I don't know what religion you are and don't care. That's the point. You are free to worship however you want but don't criticise someone who may not share your views. That is exactly why this teacher should not have been doing what he did. Do I want to see this teacher fired? Absolutely not. Do I want him to stop intermingling religion in his class room under the guise of teaching history? Absolutely. Is that such a hared concept for you to understand?

You nailed it.  Reading this garbage from the anti-God crowd you realize how mean-spirited and angry they are. I think what they're missing is God's love in their lives.

Considering many of your previous posts I find this one comical.

I have no doubt that were Jesus to appear today, given your previous displays of narrow minded tunnel-vision, you would brand him a Kool-Aid swilling leftist and applaud his arrest and execution.

Guest A. V. Blom
I can guarantee that he won't spend it in your non-existent, imaginary hell.

Of course I will be...I'll be burning to the left side of the Minotaur and to the right of penguins (C'mon! They're obviously gay! They belong in Hell, too :D)

...nah, n/m. It only seems plausible to idiots constantly referring to Kool-Aid :D

Guest 2smart4u
I am by no means an athiest. But I do believe in separation of Church and State which apparently you do not. So here is a suggestion for you. If you have any children, send them to a Christian School. That way they can get all of the religion they want. Or you can home school them. What is disgusting in all of this is the fact that you are supposed to be an educated person. I don't know what religion you are and don't care. That's the point. You are free to worship however you want but don't criticise someone who may not share your views. That is exactly why this teacher should not have been doing what he did. Do I want to see this teacher fired? Absolutely not. Do I want him to stop intermingling religion in his class room under the guise of teaching history? Absolutely. Is that such a hared concept for you to understand?

It seems that "separation of church and state" are the most understood words in the U.S. The constitution only states that the government shall not endorse any particular religion. That's it. The radical left has expanded these words to mean any mention of God or religion in any context is illegal. There arguments are totally bogus. The teacher wasn't following a script prepared by the government, he was offering a personal opinion of his own views. High school students are old enough to know what they believe or don't believe, there was no crime commited here. The athiests in this forum are rediculous with their anti-God antics.

It seems that "separation of church and state" are the most understood words in the U.S.  The constitution only states that the government shall not endorse any particular religion. That's it.    The radical left has expanded these words to mean any mention of God or religion in any context is illegal.  There arguments are totally bogus.  The teacher wasn't following a script prepared by the government, he was offering a personal opinion of his own views.  High school students are old enough to know what they believe or don't believe, there was no crime commited here. The athiests in this forum are rediculous with their anti-God antics.

The teacher is free to express his personal opinions in his personal time. But when he preached his personal religious dogma and hate speech to his captive students in a public school classroom paid for by the government during work hours paid for by the government, he broke the law.

As an analogy, you're free to spend your personal time preaching KKK hate speech. But when you do it at your office during work hours, you bet your ass you're going to get fired.

There, it's really not such a difficult concept. I know christofascists have low IQs, but I bet if you think hard enough you can understand it too.

2smart4u: It seems that "separation of church and state" are the most understood words in the U.S. The constitution only states that the government shall not endorse any particular religion. That's it. The radical left has expanded these words to mean any mention of God or religion in any context is illegal

Well, oddly enough lawyers, judges, the Supreme Court, and educated people don't seem to have trouble understanding it. "The Constitution only states that the government shall not endorse any particular religion."

Seems to me that when a government employee stands up on government time, in a room where his job is to teach adolescents, and starts preaching the gospel, that action constitutes endorsing a religion.

And not only did he endorse fundamentalist Christianity, he bashed other religions.

As I've said before, a clear-cut issue. Note also that God was way more than just mentioned in this case, and that the context was a public school classroom in which the authority figure teaching the class was the proselytizer.

Doesn't take a radical left-winger to read them bones, buddy.

Leigh Williams

Austin, Texas