Feeding Frenzy

Guest 2smart4u

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steve_C
The links you've posted have all been written by atheistic Darwiniacs, they have no credibility. If that's all the "proof" you have, you lose.

Most Cosmologists support the big bang. Are they "darwiniacs" too.

You are a fool. Why do you think 99% of scientists are "darwiniacs'?

Because the evidence supports it. Period.

The leading scientists in biology who get published, who lead the world in it's study support evolution.

Essentially you've folded the christian mind set in on itself and are applying it to biologists and are pointing to them as believers.

Q. "How do you know God exists?' A. "Because it's in the bible. And that's the word of god."

Turning that into.

Q. "Why do you support evolution?" A. "Because if it didn't exist, I would be wrong."

That is your entire argument. It's circular and is based totally on delusion. Are you that witless you can't even see it?

Why do scientists support the theory of evolution? Because the evidience supports it. Again and again and again.

Why do scientists not support ID? Because there is no evidence and "the designer" is a code word for god. God did it is not an answer to any scientific question.

You deserve Mr. P and his dinosaur filled ark.

The links you've posted have all been written by atheistic Darwiniacs, they have no credibility. If that's all the "proof" you have, you lose.

By the way, plenty of the Talk Origins participants are Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish, and many other faiths besides. There's nothing "atheistic" about it, other than the fact that science doesn't involve deities anyway.

As for the "Darwiniacs" comment... you're stuck there. You want proof of Darwin's work and then reject it from those who have studied it, tested it, seen the evidence for it, and concluded it's correct? What ARE you looking for--proof from people who ignore and reject the evidence? Why not ask for proof from "independent" flat-earth crackpots that the earth is round? That's about as sensible.

No, you've pretty much decided that evolution MUST be a lie, and that therefore anyone who provides evidence of it must be a committed liar. From that perspective, there can BE no proof that satisfies you--enabling you to continue proclaiming "There's no proof!" You're incapable of looking at the facts because of your blind preconceptions.

Not that this is a huge loss or anything, since your demonstrated intellectual skills are considerably lower than a good public-school system should produce.

Guest Allah u akbar

I am a citizen of the USA and a Muslim. I did not realize that the words "In God We Trust" on the currency referred to Jesus.

I really thought it referred to all Gods and people who worshipped them. My God is called Allah, and I am happy to accept "In God We Trust" on the currency, because I thought it was inclusive.

In that case, Paul would fight for the right of modern Aztecs to utilize human sacrifice in their worship.

This is a complete logic disconnect.

When a religious practice violates secular law, that practice is illegal.

So your question is quite stupid.

Well, if having a bunch of Communist and Nazi sympathizers is "fine" then I guess you're right.

We've had communist and nazi sympathizers for a long time, and they didn't go away due to the pledge or by having god on our money.

The Knights of Columbus (a Roman Catholic organization) and President Eisenhower were instrumental in added "under God" to the pledge.  Yes, it had plenty to do with Communism, as in trying to draw a clear distinction between the U.S.A. and the U.S.S.R., but that just helps to show its "secular" purpose.

What secular purpose would that be? The only purpose it had was to placate certain christians. It did nothing to communism.

I doubt you can point to any nation that allows all its people to worship freely as they see fit, Paul.

Here in the U.S., as long as their practice does not violate the constitutional rights of others.

Proselytizing to a class full of school kids violates their constitutional rights.

So it is not allowed.

I really thought it referred to all Gods and people who worshipped them.  My God is called Allah, and I am happy to accept "In God We Trust" on the currency, because I thought it was inclusive.

To anyone with an open mind that understands the true spirit of America:

It DOES refer to all Gods.

It IS inclusive.

I accept anyone's sincere belief in their own God. As long as they don't try to promote the "my God is better than your God" I say Welcome and Peace.

I am a citizen of the USA and a Muslim.  I did not realize that the words "In God We Trust" on the currency referred to Jesus.

I really thought it referred to all Gods and people who worshipped them.  My God is called Allah, and I am happy to accept "In God We Trust" on the currency, because I thought it was inclusive.

But it's not inclusive. It excludes atheism/agnosticism as well as all non-theistic religions (i.e. Buddhism), at least. That's why it should be removed in order to create a better environment of religious neutrality (that's the key word).

Guest Patriot
I am a citizen of the USA and a Muslim.  I did not realize that the words "In God We Trust" on the currency referred to Jesus.

Yes, akbar, "In God We Trust" refers to Jesus. This country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and values and any reference to "God" means Jesus.

Yes, akbar,  "In God We Trust" refers to Jesus. This country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and values and any reference to "God" means Jesus.

YOU are such a stupid idiot! How can you claim "Judeo-Christian principles" and "'God' means Jesus" in the same post?

Stumble back to the bar and have another beer, WAMKER!

Yes, akbar,  "In God We Trust" refers to Jesus. This country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and values and any reference to "God" means Jesus.

Nope. The only religous principle this country was founded on was the principle of religous freedom. You aren't much of a patriot if you have such little knowledge of basic American history.

This country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and values

I'd simply say this was false, but pretty sure I've already corrected you, I will answer slightly differently:

Liar.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9549/tr...olibitchmj0.jpg <-- "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion..."

Treaty of Tripoli--read it and weep, o delusional fundies. :blink:

Well, at leat you don't make as many ASININE Kool-Aid remarks when expressing your warped little views on religion as you do when trying t defend the indefensible cowboy.

I'll bet you any amount of $ you'd care to lose that NOWHERE in the Constitution is there a reference to Jesus.

Guest 2smart4u
By the way, plenty of the Talk Origins participants are Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish, and many other faiths besides. There's nothing "atheistic" about it, other than the fact that science doesn't involve deities anyway.

As for the "Darwiniacs" comment... you're stuck there. You want proof of Darwin's work and then reject it from those who have studied it, tested it, seen the evidence for it, and concluded it's correct? What ARE you looking for--proof from people who ignore and reject the evidence? Why not ask for proof from "independent" flat-earth crackpots that the earth is round? That's about as sensible.

No, you've pretty much decided that evolution MUST be a lie, and that therefore anyone who provides evidence of it must be a committed liar. From that perspective, there can BE no proof that satisfies you--enabling you to continue proclaiming "There's no proof!" You're incapable of looking at the facts because of your blind preconceptions.

Not that this is a huge loss or anything, since your demonstrated intellectual skills are considerably lower than a good public-school system should produce.

The Darwiniacs cannot prove I.D. is not part of the evolutionary process. Darwin never proved it nor has any other scientist, Darwiniac or otherwise. To make the claim that the unique individuality of irises, fingerprints, DNA, etc. arose out of happenstance or "natural selection" is ludicrous at best.

Guest Allah u akbar

Does this mean I am not welcome in my own country? I do not accept that Jesus is God.

Did I not read in American History that there were many Jews who were part of the founding of America? I understand that they do not accept Jesus either. Are they not welcome in their own country?

You are welcome to come to my store and purchase goods, and I am welcome at many stores to spend my money. I do not ask my customers if they believe in Jesus, and they do not ask me if I believe in Jesus.

Thank you to all who have replied to help me understand. This man Patriot is clearly not representative of the true spirit of America.

Guest Patriot
Well, at leat you don't make as many ASININE Kool-Aid remarks when expressing your warped little views on religion as you do when trying t defend the indefensible cowboy.

I'll bet you any amount of $ you'd care to lose that NOWHERE in the Constitution is there a reference to Jesus.

Yo, Kool-aid breath.....comprehension a problem ?? As I just told camel breath, any reference to God means Jesus.

Guest Patriot
I'd simply say this was false, but pretty sure I've already corrected you, I will answer slightly differently:

Liar.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9549/tr...olibitchmj0.jpg <-- "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion..."

Treaty of Tripoli--read it and weep, o delusional fundies. :D

If nothing else, you do give me a good laugh. "Treaty of Tripoli ???

Try this one.....Click your heels together and say; "I wish I were in Kansas, I wish I were in Kansas"

Yo, Kool-aid breath.....comprehension a problem ??  As I just told camel breath, any reference to God means Jesus.

STILL thinking your ASININE Kool-Aid remarks cover up your ignorance and stupiditu?

The only thing worse than an idiot is an arrogant idiot like you.

YOU talking about comprehension is like Hitler talking about his compassion.

Someday you may lear some FACTS, what a welcome change that would be for us as well as a severe shock to you! WANKER!

Try this one.....Click your heels together and say; "I wish I were in Kansas, I wish I were in Kansas"

YOU should pull your head out of your butt and say "I wish I had a brain, I wish I had a brain"

Yo, Kool-aid breath.....comprehension a problem ??  As I just told camel breath, any reference to God means Jesus.

PatRat

Do you have anything to substantiate that statement or is it just more of the delusion based drivel to be ecpected from you?

It's an official US treaty that we signed in which it is plainly stated that "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion..."

Now, I can understand why that would give ME a good laugh, as it directly contradicts your illusion of the USA being in any way a "Christian nation" or founded on Christianity, but I must wonder...why does it amuse you so to have your idiocy exposed?

PatRat

Do you have anything to substantiate that statement or is it just more of the delusion based drivel to be ecpected from you?

So-called "patriot" is alone in his bizarre interpretation that America is a specifically Christian nation.

Thankfully, someone as stupidly anti-American as "patriot" has no influence on our legislature or judiciary, who have been 100% on the other side throughout our entire history.

Guest WilliamK
Does this mean I am not welcome in my own country?  I do not accept that Jesus is God.

That probably is what Patriot means by it. But it doesn't matter because he speaks lies.

Did I not read in American History that there were many Jews who were part of the founding of America?  I understand that they do not accept Jesus either.  Are they not welcome in their own country?

Of course they are welcome. You're quite right that the founders were of mixed religion, including some who did not accept the divinity of Jesus. In fact, many of the most prominent figures in American history (Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, and Paine, for example) were deists, and were sometimes openly critical of christianity. These people were striving to eliminate religious oppression, not to impose thier own. Yet many fundamentalists claim (and teach their kids) that these men were all christian and intended the country to follow and enforce christian mores. It's unfortunate that our schools do little or nothing to challenge these misconceptions.

You are welcome to come to my store and purchase goods, and I am welcome at many stores to spend my money.  I do not ask my customers if they believe in Jesus, and they do not ask me if I believe in Jesus.

Thank you to all who have replied to help me understand.  This man Patriot is clearly not representative of the true spirit of America.

Fortunately, yes. But unfortunately, the spirit that he is representative of is not as uncommon as it should be.

As Patriot demonstrates, it is often the case that those who most loudly proclaim their patriotism are the ones who are most at odds with what this country is about, and who are the greatest source of its shame.

Guest 2smart4u

The word "theory" as used in common everyday language differs from the scientific usage of the word. For example, when I say I have a theory that ****** *** is a homosexual, in everyday language that would mean you're giving off clues that make me think that way. Used in a scientific context, it would mean I caught you in the boy's room. So tell me, what example better fits gravity.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Steve_C
The Darwiniacs cannot prove I.D. is not part of the evolutionary process. Darwin  never proved it nor has any other scientist, Darwiniac or otherwise. To make the claim that the unique individuality of irises, fingerprints, DNA, etc. arose out of happenstance or "natural selection" is ludicrous at best.

You can't prove a negative D**b a**. I.D. is a joke, a farce and a myth.

You can't prove that Pink Unicorns are not part of the process either.

You keep proving over and over that you don't understand evolution or the genetic process by which all life on the planet relies on.

What does an individual's DNA have to do with a designer? Their fingerprints? Nothing.

Happenstance has nothing to do with evolution.

From Wikipedia (not that you'll understand it)....

Natural selection is the biological theory that explains why living creatures seem to match their environmental niches so well – the process by which individual organisms with favorable traits are more likely to survive and reproduce than those with unfavorable traits. Insofar as there is genetic variability for the trait under selection, the genotypes associated with the favored traits will increase in frequency in the next generation. Given enough time, this passive process results in adaptations and speciation (see evolution).

Natural selection is one of the cornerstones of modern biology. The term was introduced by Charles Darwin in his 1859 book The Origin of Species,[1] by analogy with artificial selection, by which a farmer selects his breeding stock.

Did you ever answer my 2 questions?

1. Do you believe in Adam and Eve?

2. Do you believe in Noah's Ark?