No Contract For 3 Years

Guest FireFighter

Guest Guest 1

Heard contract was settled with a very close vote. Maybe Mr. Mangin would give us the detials of settlement since no other official probably will. Thanks

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Wise Owl

I don't believe any units vote totals are any of our business. It either passed, or it didn't, and there is no reasonable need to know publicly what the count was.

Perhaps, all town units should have input into any personal decisions that you make!!?!?

STOP THE CRYING!!!

WHEN IS THE MAYOR, COUNCIL & ADMINISTRATOR GOING TO REALIZE THAT PROBABLY 3/4 OF THE KFD MEMBERS ARE JUST THERE TO REST, COLLECT A PAYCHECK WITH BENEFITS AND GO TO THEIR "REAL JOBS" AFTER COMPLETING THEIR RESTFUL SHIFT COMPLIMENTS OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY TAXPAYERS!!!!

You sir are an as---*----hole!

You can only hide behind that mask :lol: for so long, one day all the garbage you spew out of that thing you call a mouth will pay you back one hundred times.

Oh yes while I'm at it, may the fleas of a thousand camels find your bed tonight!

If you use a bed maybe its a crib, or a diaper!

J*rk o*f!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited per the KOTW no profanity (or anything close to profanity) policy where the *'s appear.

:angry: WELL IT OBVIOUSLY SHOWS THAT THE WHEN THE TRUTH COMES OUT IT REALLY HURTS DOESN'T IT?! :(

Guest overtaxed
:( KEARNY FIREMAN KISS THE GROUND YOU WALK ON,AND BE LUCKY YOU HAVE A JOB/////////IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PAY AND 24HR.SHIFTS THEN LEAVE AND START ANOTHER CAREER TO CRY ABOUT

Guest Thomas Paine

As you have an obvious axe to grind with the firemen, and probably the cops as well, I'd like to raise a question. You say you are overtaxed, so I will assume that you are.

But, I wonder, at what point you hold the town elders responsible? It's easy to blame the towns problems on its workers. But the truth is when you subtract the Board's budget and the County's cut (I thought that word appropriate, since they do nothing to earn it,) the municipal budget is about 1/4 of the total taxes. I know that this has been beaten to death, but the numbers don't lie.

Now, out of the $.25 on the tax dollar that stays in town, figure out what percentage the town employees payroll amounts to, and I think you may need to find a new scapegoat.

I don't work for the town, but I feel you might be putting the cart before the horse when you look to hold someone accountable.

(Hey Pube, do me a favor and define accountable to the Mayor and Council, I fear it is a foreign term to them.)

Guest The Running Man
:( KEARNY FIREMAN KISS THE GROUND YOU WALK ON,AND BE LUCKY YOU HAVE A JOB/////////IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PAY AND 24HR.SHIFTS THEN LEAVE AND START ANOTHER CAREER TO CRY ABOUT

asswalking.gif

Take a walk....

Guest OVER TAXED

KEARNY FIREMAN WILL SLEEP FOR 24HRS.WAKE UP AND GO TO THERE OTHER FULL-TIME JOBS//////BAD MOVE MAYOR MOST OF THESE PEOPLE DON'T LIVE IN TOWN AND THIS WILL COST YOU NEXT TIME YOU RUN.SACCO IS WATCHING :(

Guest Guest 1
As you have an obvious axe to grind with the firemen, and probably the cops as well, I'd like to raise a question. You say you are overtaxed, so I will assume that you are.

But, I wonder, at what point you hold the town elders responsible? It's easy to blame the towns problems on its workers. But the truth is when you subtract the Board's budget and the County's cut (I thought that word appropriate, since they do nothing to earn it,) the municipal budget is about 1/4 of the total taxes. I know that this has been beaten to death, but the numbers don't lie.

Now, out of the $.25 on the tax dollar that stays in town, figure out what percentage the town employees payroll amounts to, and I think you may need to find a new scapegoat.

I don't work for the town, but I feel you might be putting the cart before the horse when you look to hold someone accountable.

(Hey Pube, do me a favor and define accountable to the Mayor and Council, I fear it is a foreign term to them.)

Thomas, I agree with your theory. The biggest part of our tax dollars goes to the Board of Ed. and we all know there is no accountability there, nor do the taxpayers demand it and they keep electing the same people. So go figure who is to blame. As far as the County, they provide the jail, human services (since we no longer have that dept, in Kearny), maintenance snd snow removal of county road (Passaic, Schuyler, Rt. 7 etc. ) they provide all the maintenance for West Hudson park which is really completely in Kearny. The biggest bite is the schools.

I don't believe any units vote totals are any of our business. It either passed, or it didn't, and there is no reasonable need to know publicly what the count was.

Perhaps, all town units should have input into any personal decisions that you make!!?!?

You owl, are being oversensitive. What's the big secret, it was a very close vote and that info is out there. By the way, this wasn't a personal decision it was a decision involving the use of public funds and there were a lot of fireman against it who didn't want to give back to get the 24 hr. shifts because they either live in town or don't have other jobs/businesses etc.

Guest The Wise Owl

You say it was a close vote, and the "info is out there", so then you must know what the totals were. So why go any further? You also say that public funds were involved, and that is true. But when a package is laid in front of a person or group of people, the decision about what is in their OWN best interest. There is no shame basing a decision on those criteria.

I have no vested interest in this whole topic; however, I don't understand why the people in town would deny this, or any other, group a fair raise. I understand that you feel that they don't EARN their money, and you are entitled to that opinion. But I am just as sure that you and I could find our own co-workers who may feel the same way about us. (Unless, of course, you are self-employed, in which case free enterprise will take care of a slacker.)

I'm only saying lighten up, I don't see their decisions greatly affecting my life, and I hope they don't affect yours either. Live and let live. I don't have the time to worry about what THEY do (mostly, because I don't know who THEY is!).

Guest Sodom and Gomorrah

Oh my, now the fireman have a new contract. I guess next comes the fire and brimstone. Who cares? They've been three years without a raise, that's not fair. I say more power to them.

Good luck and God Bless to the firemen.

As you have an obvious axe to grind with the firemen, and probably the cops as well, I'd like to raise a question.  You say you are overtaxed, so I will assume that you are.

But, I wonder, at what point you hold the town elders responsible?  It's easy to blame the towns problems on its workers.  But the truth is when you subtract the Board's budget and the County's cut (I thought that word appropriate, since they do nothing to earn it,) the municipal budget is about 1/4 of the total taxes.  I know that this has been beaten to death, but the numbers don't lie.

Thomas, I agree with your theory. The biggest part of our tax dollars goes to the Board of Ed. and we all know there is no accountability there, nor do the taxpayers demand it and they keep electing the same people. So go figure who is to blame. As far as the County, they provide the jail, human services (since we no longer have that dept, in Kearny), maintenance snd snow removal of county road (Passaic, Schuyler, Rt. 7 etc. ) they provide all the maintenance for West Hudson park which is really completely in Kearny. The biggest bite is the schools.

THIS IS NOT A THEORY BUT RATHER A FACT!

IF PEOPLE WOULD BOTHER TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR TAX BILL, THEY WOULD KNOW THAT WHAT THOMAS PAINE STATED IS INDEED A FACT!!!!!!!!!

Guest Teacher
STOP THE CRYING!!!

WHEN IS THE MAYOR, COUNCIL & ADMINISTRATOR GOING TO REALIZE THAT PROBABLY 3/4 OF THE KFD MEMBERS ARE JUST THERE TO REST, COLLECT A PAYCHECK WITH BENEFITS AND GO TO THEIR "REAL JOBS" AFTER COMPLETING THEIR RESTFUL SHIFT COMPLIMENTS OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY TAXPAYERS!!!!

Hey...hit the cap lock switch to off...those caps are hurting my ears :(

Guest johnnyonthespot

No...you could be held reliable...I read that in a magazine once. :(

I don't believe any units vote totals are any of our business.  It either passed, or it didn't, and there is no reasonable need to know publicly what the count was.

You owl, are being oversensitive. What's the big secret, it was a very close vote and that info is out there. By the way, this wasn't a personal decision it was a decision involving the use of public funds and there were a lot of fireman against it who didn't want to give back to get the 24 hr. shifts because they either live in town or don't have other jobs/businesses etc.

It was a 30 percent difference...not even close :(

Contract or no contract - the bottom line still exists:

THE FIREMEN WILL STILL GET THEIR REST HERE BEFORE GOING

ONTO THEIR REAL JOBS! END OF STORY.

WHEN IS THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL GOING TO REALIZE THAT?!?

Guest guest who?
As you have an obvious axe to grind with the firemen, and probably the cops as well, I'd like to raise a question.  You say you are overtaxed, so I will assume that you are.

But, I wonder, at what point you hold the town elders responsible?  It's easy to blame the towns problems on its workers.  But the truth is when you subtract the Board's budget and the County's cut (I thought that word appropriate, since they do nothing to earn it,) the municipal budget is about 1/4 of the total taxes.  I know that this has been beaten to death, but the numbers don't lie.

No...you could be held reliable...I read that in a magazine once. :(

gotta love it. the laugh of the day.

Get a life Mr. Guest and stop crying like a little Biatch :(

:( and the not so funny thing is........... the firemen don't deny hangin out most of the time. They just want the tax payers to pay them more to do almost nothing. Besides the cost of living going up why do they deserve more or even what they get now?

Get a life Mr. Guest and stop crying like a little Biatch :(

It's just a plain and obvious fact!!

Just go by any one of the firehouses and check

out what they are doing - NOTHING!

Stop whining and look in the mirror fellas!!!

firefighter's and police officers are like an insurance policy that you pay into, you hope you never need it but are thankful its there when you do.

I believe that the majority of citizens and taxpayers agree with this quote, but there will always be a few jealous individuals out there. Without this site, they would never say anything because they're most likely cowards hiding behind anonimity.

ps. cowards could never run into a fire to save someone that they didn't know.

Guest Guest 1
You say it was a close vote, and the "info is out there", so then you must know what the totals were. So why go any further? You also say that public funds were involved, and that is true. But when a package is laid in front of a person or group of people, the decision about what is in their OWN best interest. There is no shame basing a decision on those criteria.

I have no vested interest in this whole topic; however, I don't understand why the people in town would deny this, or any other, group a fair raise. I understand that you feel that they don't EARN their money, and you are entitled to that opinion. But I am just as sure that you and I could find our own co-workers who may feel the same way about us. (Unless, of course, you are self-employed, in which case free enterprise will take care of a slacker.)

I'm only saying lighten up, I don't see their decisions greatly affecting my life, and I hope they don't affect yours either. Live and let live. I don't have the time to worry about what THEY do (mostly, because I don't know who THEY is!).

Owl, I never stated what my opinion was. I do believe they were entitled to a raise if everyone else received one. It only took this long because of their own 24 shift proposal which they so desperately wanted and why is that? I don't have any vested interest either, but I do resent my intelligence being insulted. I do believe the 24 hr. shifts are self serving, and you're right., that's ok, but just say so instead of inferring you're being mistreated and only thinking of saving the town money. We're all a little smarter than that.

Archived