No Contract For 3 Years

Guest FireFighter

I don't believe any units vote totals are any of our business.  It either passed, or it didn't, and there is no reasonable need to know publicly what the count was.

Perhaps, all town units should have input into any personal decisions that you make!!?!?

You owl, are being oversensitive. What's the big secret, it was a very close vote and that info is out there. By the way, this wasn't a personal decision it was a decision involving the use of public funds and there were a lot of fireman against it who didn't want to give back to get the 24 hr. shifts because they either live in town or don't have other jobs/businesses etc.

If that's the info out there you have been bullsh*tted!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Contract or no contract - the bottom line still exists:

THE FIREMEN WILL STILL GET THEIR REST HERE BEFORE GOING

ONTO THEIR REAL JOBS! END OF STORY.

WHEN IS THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL GOING TO REALIZE THAT?!?

I'll say it again"please don't take the test we already have our quota of assh*les"!

:( and the not so funny thing is........... the firemen don't deny hangin out most of the time. They just want the tax payers to pay them more to do almost nothing. Besides the cost of living going up why do they deserve more or even what they get now?

Get back on that fryer,FRY BOY!

Guest Guest 1
I don't believe any units vote totals are any of our business.  It either passed, or it didn't, and there is no reasonable need to know publicly what the count was.

Perhaps, all town units should have input into any personal decisions that you make!!?!?

You owl, are being oversensitive. What's the big secret, it was a very close vote and that info is out there. By the way, this wasn't a personal decision it was a decision involving the use of public funds and there were a lot of fireman against it who didn't want to give back to get the 24 hr. shifts because they either live in town or don't have other jobs/businesses etc.

Yes that is the info out there. I may be lied to, I may be getting older, and I may be still learning but I am never bullsh*ted with one t... never.

What the Mayor & Council really should do is

give the KFD the ambulance responsibility of the Town

instead of letting the taxpayers foot the bill.

Since they do nothing in the firehouse this would

occupy their time and maybe - just maybe justify

their existence for a good contract.

Heck, Harrison took over the ambulance service

years ago when they saw the light.

That to me sums it all up - the KFD doesn't want

the ambulance otherwise they wouldn't make it

to their real jobs in the morning. Too tired I guess.

Yes that is the info out there. I may be lied to, I may be getting older, and I may be still learning but I am never bullsh*ted with one t... never.

So if you were lied to then all your doing is spreading the bullsh*t!

:angry: STILL WAITING FOR A FAIR CONTRACT FOR THE OFFICERS OF THE KFD. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER 3 YEARS & 7 MONTHS  :angry:

:angry: Still waiting :angry:

I heard a little Tweety Bird is the cog in the gears!

Guest CONTRACT
:angry: STILL WAITING FOR A FAIR CONTRACT FOR THE OFFICERS OF THE KFD. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER 3 YEARS & 7 MONTHS  :angry:

:angry: Still waiting :angry:

I heard a little Tweety Bird is the cog in the gears!

;) Please enlighten me ;)

You say it was a close vote, and the "info is out there", so then you must know what the totals were.  So why go any further?  You also say that public funds were involved, and that is true.  But when a package is laid in front of a person or group of people, the decision about what is in their OWN best interest.  There is no shame basing a decision on those criteria.

I have no vested interest in this whole topic; however, I don't understand why the people in town would deny this, or any other, group a fair raise.  I understand that you feel that they don't EARN their money, and you are entitled to that opinion.  But I am just as sure that you and I could find our own co-workers who may feel the same way about us.  (Unless, of course, you are self-employed, in which case free enterprise will take care of a slacker.)

I'm only saying lighten up, I don't see their decisions greatly affecting my life, and I hope they don't affect yours either.  Live and let live.  I don't have the time to worry about what THEY do (mostly, because I don't know who THEY is!).

Owl, I never stated what my opinion was. I do believe they were entitled to a raise if everyone else received one. It only took this long because of their own 24 shift proposal which they so desperately wanted and why is that? I don't have any vested interest either, but I do resent my intelligence being insulted. I do believe the 24 hr. shifts are self serving, and you're right., that's ok, but just say so instead of inferring you're being mistreated and only thinking of saving the town money. We're all a little smarter than that.

Apparently not!!!!!

Guest Guest 1
You say it was a close vote, and the "info is out there", so then you must know what the totals were.  So why go any further?  You also say that public funds were involved, and that is true.  But when a package is laid in front of a person or group of people, the decision about what is in their OWN best interest.  There is no shame basing a decision on those criteria.

I have no vested interest in this whole topic; however, I don't understand why the people in town would deny this, or any other, group a fair raise.  I understand that you feel that they don't EARN their money, and you are entitled to that opinion.  But I am just as sure that you and I could find our own co-workers who may feel the same way about us.  (Unless, of course, you are self-employed, in which case free enterprise will take care of a slacker.)

I'm only saying lighten up, I don't see their decisions greatly affecting my life, and I hope they don't affect yours either.  Live and let live.  I don't have the time to worry about what THEY do (mostly, because I don't know who THEY is!).

Owl, I never stated what my opinion was. I do believe they were entitled to a raise if everyone else received one. It only took this long because of their own 24 shift proposal which they so desperately wanted and why is that? I don't have any vested interest either, but I do resent my intelligence being insulted. I do believe the 24 hr. shifts are self serving, and you're right., that's ok, but just say so instead of inferring you're being mistreated and only thinking of saving the town money. We're all a little smarter than that.

Apparently not!!!!!

You're right that's a good one. Maybe some others that are smarter should run for office. LOL

Guest CONTRACT
:angry: How about a fair contract for the officers of the kfd. 3 Years 7 months and counting.  ;)

Tweety won't stop crying!

:angry: No time to cry, just pi**ed off :angry: How about a contract :angry:

:angry: How about a fair contract for the officers of the kfd. 3 Years 7 months and counting.  ;)

Tweety won't stop crying!

:angry: No time to cry, just pi**ed off :angry: How about a contract :angry:

Do Firemen pay union dues?

Archived