No Contract For 3 Years

Guest FireFighter

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone explain to me why we are paying 30 grand per month to some scam outfit for EMS services instesd of having the fire dept. provide EMS coverage?  Why should we pay an outside co. for a service should be done by the fire dept?

The town would have to hire more men to cover 27/7. The salary & benefits would most likley be greater than the 30 grand a month. I'm sure they did that math!

You are assuming, or taking for granted, that the current staffing of the fire dept. cannot support any additional duties. One would have to think that an outside source such as EMTAC would a last resort. Is it not possible for the Squad and the fire dept. to share the need. It seems to me that the Mayor and Council investigated this issue only to the depth needed to meet a pre-determined outcome.

Can someone explain to me why we are paying 30 grand per month to some scam outfit for EMS services instesd of having the fire dept. provide EMS coverage?  Why should we pay an outside co. for a service should be done by the fire dept?

The town would have to hire more men to cover 27/7. The salary & benefits would most likley be greater than the 30 grand a month. I'm sure they did that math!

You are assuming, or taking for granted, that the current staffing of the fire dept. cannot support any additional duties. One would have to think that an outside source such as EMTAC would a last resort. Is it not possible for the Squad and the fire dept. to share the need. It seems to me that the Mayor and Council investigated this issue only to the depth needed to meet a pre-determined outcome.

It seems that your problem is with the Mayor & Council. You should voice your concerns to them..

It seems that your problem is with the Mayor & Council. You should voice your concerns to them..

Talking to the mayor, council and the mafia boss himself,Joseph (PEEWEE) D'Arco is in essence like clapping with one hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
:angry:When will the Mayor let the whole Town Council see what is on the table? If not now then why? :rolleyes:

Ignorence is no excuse, especially for elected officials. If they didn't know it is only because they didn't want to know. This fire dept. contract mess has been compounded greatly by the Mayor and Council spending the money origionally set aside for retroactive raises. The litigation costs the town has expierenced, and should have expected, are foolish. Like it or not, the 24 hr. work schedule is the national standard for fire departments, with few exceptions. If it saves the town money it should be looked upon as a good thing. There is no practical reason for the town not to adopt the change. The firemen still work the same amount of hours. If this were a private industry with a 27/7 operation the cost savings would not be ignored. If it is better for us, and they want it, what is the problem?

Guest Guest 1
:angry:When will the Mayor let the whole Town Council see what is on the table? If not now then why? :rolleyes:

Ignorence is no excuse, especially for elected officials. If they didn't know it is only because they didn't want to know. This fire dept. contract mess has been compounded greatly by the Mayor and Council spending the money origionally set aside for retroactive raises. The litigation costs the town has expierenced, and should have expected, are foolish. Like it or not, the 24 hr. work schedule is the national standard for fire departments, with few exceptions. If it saves the town money it should be looked upon as a good thing. There is no practical reason for the town not to adopt the change. The firemen still work the same amount of hours. If this were a private industry with a 27/7 operation the cost savings would not be ignored. If it is better for us, and they want it, what is the problem?

I wonder..they must know something we don't know!

:angry:When will the Mayor let the whole Town Council see what is on the table? If not now then why? :lol:

Yes they do. They Don't have the $ to settle the contract!

Guest republic1
:angry:When will the Mayor let the whole Town Council see what is on the table? If not now then why? :lol:

Does any one know the estimated thousands each fireman will receive when the contract is settled?

if they don't have money to pay the retro that's their fault, not the firemen. they'll just have to give higher raises in exchange for paying off the retro in installments. that's negotiations. if taxpayers don't like it blame your mayor and his hit man. don't blame the firemen.

Guest FlagMann_Guest

Greed!!!!!!!!!!!!Greed!!!!!!!!!!!Greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!--That stands!! For all you Firefighters!!!

Gimme!! Gimme!! Gimme!! and the Hell with the TAX!!PAYERS!!!(we pay your salary) ;)

FlagMann, Is telling all you crybabies (Firefighters) If you dont like your JOB!! Then you "all" know what to do!!!! ;)

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash!! :lol:

FlagMann. :)

Guest Anti-Flagmann-Also
:) Stay away little flag boy. You do not represent the great Flag of this country or the flag of any state! You are filled with hate, I would like to help you. So with this in mind seek counseling as soon as possible. :lol:

Guest FlagMann_Guest

Ha, Ha, Ha, A coward? Thats' What the FlagMann!! is not!!!! ( I bet!! you use to chase the Firetrucks when"you"was a little boy? ) HA,Ha, Ha,!!!! ;)

Hey!!!!!!!You should be working!!! Now!!!!--What a Great job you got!!! talking on the computer? When the Kearny, tax payers are paying your salary? :lol:

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash trash, and more trash!! :)

FlagMann. ;)

Guest Lifes Little Joke

The first time I was polite, and I asked only that you go away. Now, I will be a little more direct. At no time have you ever added anything constructive to this site or the previous one. In fact, I would venture to say that your life offers little in positive ways. Again, your anger is your problem, no one elses.

If you don't like firemen, that is your right. But remember, opinions are like sphincters, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Being an astute observer of things big and small, I offer one last bit of advice. You don't like firemen, fine; but I'm quite certain that they are not members of your fan club. Your anonymity should be closely guarded if I were you.

The first time I was polite, and I asked only that you go away.  Now, I will be a little more direct.  At no time have you ever added anything constructive to this site or the previous one.  In fact, I would venture to say that your life offers little in positive ways.  Again, your anger is your problem, no one elses. 

If you don't like firemen, that is your right.  But remember, opinions are like sphincters, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Being an astute observer of things big and small, I offer one last bit of advice.  You don't like firemen, fine; but I'm quite certain that they are not members of your fan club.  Your anonymity should be closely guarded if I were you.

To Members & Guests:

I can understand this poster's frustration with Flagmann_Guest. I note however that statements such as "Your anonymity should be closely guarded if I were you." do not help.

"Flagmann_Guest" is not a registered member of KOTW so it could be anyone and not necessarily the original Flagmann. It is very possible that the current "Flagmann_Guest" is not the original Flagmann but only an imposter trying to divert attention from the reality that the town's firefighters have been without a contract for 3 years. To "Lifes Little Joke": your post was excellent until your last statement "Your anonymity should be closely guarded if I were you" which added little to your point but fed into exactly what "Flagmann_Guest" wants -- divert you from discussing the issue at hand.

KOTW

If the Kearny Fire department was to go to the 2x4 matrix of 24hour shift cycles with 3 platoons which I am in favor of, would it not be true that each Firefighter would have to work between 52 and 56 hours a week in order to cover the needs of Kearny's fire safety programs

Archived