No Contract For 3 Years

Guest FireFighter

If the Kearny Fire department was to go to the 2x4 matrix of 24hour shift cycles with 3 platoons which I am in favor of, would it not be true that each Firefighter would have to work between 52 and 56 hours a week in order to cover the needs of Kearny's fire safety programs

Its 4 platoons, there Gunny!!! Let me make the Joe aliitle stronger!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest To KOTW
The first time I was polite, and I asked only that you go away.  Now, I will be a little more direct.  At no time have you ever added anything constructive to this site or the previous one.  In fact, I would venture to say that your life offers little in positive ways.  Again, your anger is your problem, no one elses. 

If you don't like firemen, that is your right.  But remember, opinions are like sphincters, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Being an astute observer of things big and small, I offer one last bit of advice.  You don't like firemen, fine; but I'm quite certain that they are not members of your fan club.  Your anonymity should be closely guarded if I were you.

To Members & Guests:

I can understand this poster's frustration with Flagmann_Guest. I note however that statements such as "Your anonymity should be closely guarded if I were you." do not help.

"Flagmann_Guest" is not a registered member of KOTW so it could be anyone and not necessarily the original Flagmann. It is very possible that the current "Flagmann_Guest" is not the original Flagmann but only an imposter trying to divert attention from the reality that the town's firefighters have been without a contract for 3 years. To "Lifes Little Joke": your post was excellent until your last statement "Your anonymity should be closely guarded if I were you" which added little to your point but fed into exactly what "Flagmann_Guest" wants -- divert you from discussing the issue at hand.

KOTW

:( The towns Fire officers have been without a contract for :lol: 3 1/2 years! :) The towns Firefighters have been without a contract for ;) 3 years! I just thought I would let everyone know how long it has been! ;)

did you think maybe your union su**s? as a union member I know some are useless and its almost impossible to get a different union in.

KOTW Note: This post was edited pursuant to KOTW's anti-profanity policy. Remember if you put the **'s in, the adults can read between the lines.

Why do firemen have to work shifts that require them to sleep and cook

on company time during their shifts in the firehouse?  It seems that this

is an accepted practice for so long that nobody asks why...  why not just

work 8 hour shifts and go home like everyone else?

I'm sure overlapping shifts would cover shift changes...

Any responses?

Firemen are not everyone else. If you could pass the test, you would know the answers to your own ?'s. Why don't you run for public office, then everything would be just like you think it should be! You should be ashamed of yourself talking trash about firemen on this day!!! The only accepted practice of a firemens job is they might die today! God Bless our Brothers who can't answer this dispicalble person's ?'s. To bad those 343 NY firefighters are not sleeping tonight in the firehouse & the fireman cook won't be making them breakfast when they wake up!!!!!!!!!!

To answer your question about firefighters working 8 hr. shifts all i can say is "are you from the planet uranus'

did you think maybe your union su**s? as a union member I know some are useless and its almost impossible to get a different union in.

KOTW Note: This post was edited pursuant to KOTW's anti-profanity policy. Remember if you put the **'s in, the adults can read between the lines.

well, so can the kids. :rolleyes:

KOTW Note:  This post was edited pursuant to KOTW's anti-profanity policy.  Remember if you put the **'s in, the adults can read between the lines.

well, so can the kids. :rolleyes:

Guest,

True, but hopefully not all of them.

KOTW

Guest StillNoContract
:rolleyes: When will the town settle with the Fire Dept. The Police and CS11 start new contract talks! The old contracts expire and the town still did not settle with the Fire Dept. Give the Fire Dept the same % as everyone else! They deserve it.

Guest Guest 1
:rolleyes: When will the town settle with the Fire Dept. The Police and CS11 start new contract talks! The old contracts expire and the town still did not settle with the Fire Dept. Give the Fire Dept the same % as everyone else! They deserve it.

When will you realize, no one really cares and your no working for nothing.

I don;t say I feel that way but face it that's the way it is. Taxes are going up again for god knows how many years in a row and there is more concern about that. Can't afford to live here/

:D When will the town settle with the Fire Dept. The Police and CS11 start new contract talks! The old contracts expire and the town still did not settle with the Fire Dept. Give the Fire Dept the same % as everyone else! They deserve it.

When will you realize, no one really cares and your no working for nothing.

I don;t say I feel that way but face it that's the way it is. Taxes are going up again for god knows how many years in a row and there is more concern about that. Can't afford to live here/

Get out of the womb. Even in a perfect world taxes must go up at the rate of inflation. If it weren't for politicians taxes would go up every year and they would be relative to the economy. The only economist worse than a politician is a voter. (Non-voters, of course, being deliberate morons do not rate.)

Guest Just a thought
what's a Kearny captain and deputy chiefs make? How about a fireman? what is the annual raise for a fireman after he's hired ? What kind of health benefits do they get? Maybe the voters should decide how much they get paid? My guess is that it would be just like the school budget, it'd go down. why? because most residents don't get the pay and benefits they get.

Most residents aren't at trisk of dying when they do their job either.

Get ready for the town lawyer fees and arbitrator costs. Just more wasted money that comes from the taxpayer!!!! Settle now and save money!!!!

Half of the $ comes from the taxpayer for the arbitrator. The other half comes from the union involved in the arbitration. Both pay thier own legal expenses. So its a lose-lose situation for a fireman that lives in town, they pay in every concievable way. After the dust settles they can also pay for the tax increase with all the taxpayers of Kearny! What RAISE?

Guest Guest 1

I still think there is something going on that is not being said. Give the fireman the same EXACT raise everyone else got for the past 3 years. The fireman should take the increase and move on. If not giving you the 24 hr. shifts proves to be a financial ruination for the town so be it. There is something here we don't know.

The only thing that you don't is that the KFD have been getting sc**w*d since day one. The powers to be feel they can continue to step all over them without a fight. And all they are fighting for is a shift change that will save thousands of dollars from the start and the same raise they gave evryone else. WOW they are asking for WAY too much now aren't they

KOTW Note: The above post was edited pursuant to the KOTW's anti-profanity policy.

Guest Sc**w*d

Now that's an angry Firefighter! :lol:

,but I have to say that I think he's right. :D

Al & Joe should take a long walk off of a short pier. :P

Good luck Guys ;)

KOTW Note: The Guest name used in this post was edited. Please refrain from using profanity in Guest names. Your post may be edited or deleted if it contains profanity or anything close to profanity.

Guest Mayor Screwged

My kids would like to know what Santa is bringing them this year! Can you please help me. See because of you my salary has been the same for over 3 years. The cost of living has gone up in that time with the economy getting better but my salary ia still the same. That leads me to make cuts in other things. God Bless You this up coming year if you can help my family at this christmas time.

I still think there is something going on that is not being said. Give the fireman the same EXACT raise everyone else got for the past 3 years. The fireman should take the increase and move on. If not giving you the 24 hr. shifts proves to be a financial ruination for the town so be it. There is something here we don't know.

They don't have the $ for the retro! Don't you get it? They are stringing it out as long as they can.

Guest Mr mangin knows

Well Councilman do you or dont you have the money for the past three years of raises for the fireman? I would have put 3.8% aside like everyone else got.

Guest three & 1 1/2 years & co
Well Councilman do you or dont you have the money for the past three years of raises for the fireman? I would have put 3.8% aside like everyone else got.

;) Don't forget the lawyer's fee's the town will have to pay out, for something that will not cost the town anything! and save the town money too! And one lump sum in retro pay to the Kfd. Did the Kfd offer to help spread out the one lump sum??? I heard that they did. Good thinking on the part of the mayor to hold out and cost the taxpayers more $$$$ :P The Kfd will go the distance and win! They gave you a chance to save money Mr Mayor. Why did you not give the offer to the elected officials? To vote on? Any counsel persons want to answer! :lol:

Guest FlagMann_Guest

Whine!!! Whine!!! Whine!!! You Whining!!! Greedy!!! Greedy!!! Greedy!!! Firefighter!!! :lol:

3/4 Of you Firefighters, Don't live in Town!!!! And "I" as a taxpayer!!! Has had about all I can take!!!! :P If you don't like your "job" ;) Then hand your papers in :D You Whiningly, Whining, Whiner!!!!!! :D

Because there are many of Men and Women!! That would love to have your job!!

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

Guest taketestflagboy
Whine!!! Whine!!! Whine!!! You Whining!!! Greedy!!! Greedy!!! Greedy!!! Firefighter!!! :lol:

3/4 Of you Firefighters, Don't live in Town!!!! And "I" as a taxpayer!!! Has had about all I can take!!!! :P If you don't like your "job" :D Then hand your papers in :D You Whiningly, Whining, Whiner!!!!!! :D

FlagMann.

:D Happy for the town you did not pass the fire test! If you did you would have to take care of the good people of this town you call "muts" and "trash" :D So be careful the oil is very hot in the french fry bin dont burn yourself. ;)

Guest From:Tiny Tim  To:Flagman

dear flagman,

All that my daddy wants is the same raise that all the other towns workers got and a schedule change that will save the town lots and lots of money. Its makes me sad when you call him names like greedy. He cant leave his job because he said a mean man will take the house away, I hope your not that mean man, are you mr. flagman? If you dont like this town why do you live here? You call everybody names and say they whine. But at least it is for a good cause not like your whinning "trash, trash, trash, and more trash". I cant believe I am only 8 years old and you act more like a kid then me!

Tiny Tim

3/4 Of you Firefighters, Don't live in Town!!!! And "I" as a taxpayer!!! Has had about all I can take!!!! :P If you don't like your "job" ;) Then hand your papers in :D You Whiningly, Whining, Whiner!!!!!! :D

FlagMann.

Dear Mr Flagman,

You are by far the most ignorant of posters, most call it stupidity. you should refrain from making posts that you dont know the facts for. As in your post you have wrongly stated the amount of out of tow it is FYI 47% and at a high of last 8 years 51% .If you really have a problem with your taxes you should bring your boastful mouth of no basis up to the council meetings and state your complaints where they can be heard properly. If you have paid attention all , you would see all that is being asked for is fair negotiations, of which has not happened.

So I Feel you should TAKE YOUR WHINNING Butt Over the bridge since you seem to have much likeness for there.

Archived