No Contract For 3 Years

Guest FireFighter

Guest Out of the FMBA

I am a firefighter in town.

If the town geivs us the 24-hr shift i am moving out of town

The reason is this... Why should i live here while all the out of towners recieve a greater rais then me.

I am pissed that all of the outof towners sold us out for the 24's ;)

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flagwasher

Its Time for Total Regionalization ..combine Newark , Oranges , Irvington and West Hudson ...Why not this will be good for the revitalization of Downtown and the Riverfront Developement

The reason is this... Why should i live here while all the out of towners recieve a greater rais then me.

How does giving firefighters 24 hour shifts amount to a greater raise for out of towners than for residents?

Guest BluesClues

Apparently you dont really know whats going on , collectively it seems the majority of firefighters wanted 24 hour shifts ....and it is also a fact that the ratio is about 50% +\- 2 over last 15 years ...so where does it come from that just the "out of Towners " so called sold you an individule out. And I believe all get their same respective raises not distinguished by where a person lives but by how much time they have as firefighters.

Guest Don't Blink
Can somone please tell me what FMBA stands for.  I am sorry, i should know.

;)

*@**** ** ******* ***** :D

Note by KOTW: The above post was edited for improper content. FMBA is an abbreviation for Fireman's Mutual Benevolent Association. For those who are interested their New Jersey website can be visited by clicking FMBA Website.

Hey,

What happened to thanking KOTW? I did answer the FMBA question eventhough it was after Councilman Mangin provided an answer. (I was reviewing posts and had not gotten to his post yet). But, I did edit that not so appropriate post regarding what FMBA stood for.

KOTW

I'm not in a union anymore, but was for a long time. I don't know what your beef is, but I don't think that this is the proper place for you to raise your gripes. These problems need to be dealt with at a union hall or meeting place. As I say, I don't know what the issues are, I will assume that they are founded for arguments sake, but you shouldn't be airing them here. The issues involve more than you, and while you might not feel the need to keep info. priveleged, I'll assume that other members wouldn't share your views.

• 2 weeks later...
F.M.B.A. WHEN I WAS YOUNG, PLAYING FOR KEARNY FED IN LITTLE, LEAGUE FMBA MENT ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY=== Fat Mans Belly Ache===

Hope they don't have one when your Mom's house is fire!

Has progress been made in our fire contract negotiations? Yes, I believe so. But not nearly enough to suit my tastes. I think the problem is that the Town Council does not take an active enough role in the negotiation process.

When I was a Board of Ed member I was a member of the board's negotiating team. We sat face to face with the teachers at bargaining sessions. Town Council members are not as involved in contract negotiations, and I think that's wrong. After receiving an update last night on the status of our negotiations I feel more strongly than ever that if we want to get this contract settled as soon as possible the Town Council is going to have to start doing their homework and studying the issues more closely. I would encourage anyone who wants to see a contract settlement to keep the pressure up on elected officials (and yes, that includes me!).

Councilman Jim Mangin

When?

Guest G R I P
When I was a Board of Ed member I was a member of the board's negotiating team. We sat face to face with the teachers at bargaining sessions. Town Council members are not as involved in contract negotiations, and I think that's wrong. After receiving an update last night on the status of our negotiations I feel more strongly than ever that if we want to get this contract settled as soon as possible the Town Council is going to have to start doing their homework and studying the issues more closely.

Mr Mangin,

As A council member and the chairman of the Fire Committee, It would be in all parties best interest to have you sitting at the meetings . Don’t you think as D'Arco's "boss" you should be able to tell him "you " or any other council members are going to sit in and work on negotiations with the unions in town?

Archived