Dad & Lad

Guest 2smart4u

Guest Guest
Don't you think it's ironic how you boast that the entire world supported matthew, yet only a few post before this you mentioned "that not person in matthew's class backed matthew. So which is it? The students that were there that you don't even consider part of this world or people who heard a good lie through a newspaper article articulated by a lawyer dad with his legalease? So who would you have me believe or am i suppose to believe your lies?

Finally friday "junior" will be out of the Kearny school system. I thought that day would never come.

What lie?

"I didn't preach in class." No, that was Mr. Peeeeeeeeee.

"I would never say 'you belong in hell." No, that was Mr. P, too.

"I'm very careful to follow all the guidelines." No, that was Mr. P, too.

What lie?

Go ahead.

Moron.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

It will no doubt pain him to hear this, but the ongoing saga of David Paszkiewicz — the Kearny High School teacher who got caught using his classroom as a pulpit for Christianist wingnuttery — has been an object lesson in the workings of evolution, in terms of the Kearny school board’s response.

Like evolution, the school board worked very slowly. Presented with a fall incident in which Paszkiewicz (whose official designation is that of a history teacher) denounced evolution as “unscientific” and told a Muslim girl she was bound for hell unless she got down with the Christianist program, the board waited until January to take any kind of action.

Like any organism caught up in the endless competition of life that powers evolutionary processes, the board also adopted a number of survival strategies.

In an attempt to placate parents and taxpayers who expect schools to be places of education instead of asylums for half-baked preachers, the board announced that it had taken some kind of unspecified disciplinary action against the Preachin’ Teach. Biologists will recognize this as a “threat display,” an attempt to appear big and menacing that’s employed by all manner of life forms both vertebrate and (appropriately, in this case) invertebrate. Since the Preachin’ Teach has reportedly been running around telling students that people who talk about global warming are using Nazi-style propaganda techniques, it seems doubtful that the threat display is very convincing.

The board also announced that all teachers would receive mandatory training on the Constitution’s separation of church and state and how it should guide classroom discussions. As any marine biologist will tell you, most species of octopus and squid, when confronted with something big and scary (like representatives of the civilized world) will produce a big splurtch of ink that hangs in the water and distracts the predator while they look for a safe place to hide. Since the young man who exposed the Preachin’ Teach to daylight has a father who is not inclined to take this kind of nonsense lying down, it remains to be seen if this distraction strategy will be effective.

Finally, biologists are also aware that there are life forms once capable of sight that have turned their backs on the daylight and elected instead to live in lightless caverns and stagnant pools far beneath the ground. Though some of these creatures retain vestigial traces of eyes and other sensory organs, these have become useless over the generations. These creatures paddle in darkness, untroubled by the doings of the world above.

It would appear the school board is working toward this goal by announcing that from now on, no student is permitted to tape-record a teacher during class. Since it was a tape-recording that permitted the intrepid student to expose the Preachin’ Teach with evidence in the first place, we can only assume the school board would rather paddle around in the dark, signing off on maintenance reports and cafeteria menus, rather than deal head-on with the educational and intellectual malfeasance now being practiced in the school’s halls.

I’m not a biologist or evolutionary theorist, simply a layman who respects both science and the bedrock principles of American society. I know there is fossil evidence of land animals returning to the sea, but I don’t know if any evidence has been found of vertebrates evolving back into invertebrates.

But I think we should all keep our eyes on the Kearny school district, where such an evolutionary retreat may yet happen. It’s already pretty hard to find any evidence of backbones on the school board.

http://theopinionmill.wordpress.com/2007/0...ny-high-school/

Guest Guest
How long have you been keeping a scrapbook of all of juniors accomplishments? Either you are a family member or someone who is so far up his butt that you have not seen the light of day in some time. This story was never about Mr. P. It was just a ploy for junior's fame and he got it. I have nothing to be jealous of this boy about. Everyone in this world gets what coming to them at some time or another. This was just his 15 minutes of fame. He will fade off into the dust just like everyone else.

Matthew LaClair for president

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discu...mesg_id=3213408

Guest Guest
Can't you answer the post one time? Or do you think your fooling people into believing your more than one person?

1,080 views on this topic and 73 posts in eleven days. Someone must be interested.

Guest Guest
How long have you been keeping a scrapbook of all of juniors accomplishments? Either you are a family member or someone who is so far up his butt that you have not seen the light of day in some time. This story was never about Mr. P. It was just a ploy for junior's fame and he got it.

Ahahahaha, what a deluded fool you are. It's amazing how far someone will con themselves just to avoid the truth. What's the matter, sore that you couldn't even find 1/10 as many places online that describe Matthew the way your twisted mind does?

It's a shame that Matthew was the only student with the guts to expose his preacher/teacher.

Guest Guest
Don't you think it's ironic how you boast that the entire world supported matthew, yet only a few post before this you mentioned "that not person in matthew's class backed matthew. So which is it?

Idiot.

The nation and world at large supported him.

The fools in his own town largely didn't, and turned Kearny into a worldwide laughingstock.

Finally friday "junior" will be out of the Kearny school system. I thought that day would never come.

Why would you think that day would never come? It's not like he doesn't know his US history, which is more than can be said for his history teacher.

Guest Guest
I'm not following you. So you're saying Paul and Matthew remind you of Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny ???

No, I think the point is that the person up some people’s butts (http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=24820&view=findpost&p=87541) is Matthew. But he’s not doing anything. He hardly ever posts here. A few people who wish this whole thing had turned out differently keep talking about him, changing one topic after another into a discussion about Matthew. The topic on a school uniform meeting is an example. KOTW finally shut it down when Paul opened another topic to take the discussion somewhere else.

2smart4u and Patriot and people like that are obsessed. They can’t let it go, but they keep doing the same thing, hoping some day they’ll get a different answer. That’s how people like that think. They’re not satisfied unless everyone thinks the same way they do. That’s why it drives them absolutely CRAZY that even one person would disagree with them about what the pledge of allegiance means.

This whole thing is crazy. It was crazy the day people in Kearny lined up behind this goofy teacher. The funniest part is that people like 2smart4u don’t get the point (no surprise there). The story is about them. They keep acting like they’re talking about Matthew and Paul, but they’re really talking about themselves. They’re completely out of their minds.

But maybe we are too because we keep listening to them.

Guest Guest
Don't you think it's ironic how you boast that the entire world supported matthew, yet only a few post before this you mentioned "that not person in matthew's class backed matthew. So which is it? The students that were there that you don't even consider part of this world or people who heard a good lie through a newspaper article articulated by a lawyer dad with his legalease? So who would you have me believe or am i suppose to believe your lies?

Typical brainless anti-Matthew response. Twist the other person's meaning.

QUOTE (Guest @ Jun 16 2008, 10:05 PM)

The whole world backed Matthew. Some knuckle-draggers in Kearny did not back Matthew, and not one of his classmates had the character to speak the truth.

That's called lying.

So what lie do you claim Paul or the author of the 10:05 post told? Be specific. You don't want to be accused of lying again.

Guest Guest
I think most people understand that it's not Matthew's responsibility to bail people out who have done something wrong. The preacher-teacher, the loud-mouthed custodian and the humiliated teacher all brought their problems on themselves. Any other point I might make has already been made.

I agree with you that they brought the problems on themselves. But I do think Matthew bears some responsibility in how he goes about trying to solve these issues.

Sit back and wait? Paszkiewicz hit the ground running with his preaching.

You're obviously just annoyed that he didn't get away with his inappropriate and unethical actions. Your ridiculous description of waiting for someone to trip up and pouncing on them could be equally used to describe the police, you realize.

When someone is trying to demonize

Cite just one example where Matthew or Paul called themselves heroes. Just one. Can you do it? Or are you going to prove once again what a pack of liars people like you are?

I think you need to go back and RE:Read pauls posts in a good majority of them he calls little matty a hero. matty and paul are arrogant, I don't recall one student standing up and saying " please matty save us from this evil teacher" Nor did they want him to.

More stupid lawyer-bashing. Grow the hell up--frivolous lawsuits are the fault of the people doing the suing, not the lawyers.

Again your 50/50 right Ambulance chasers aka personal injury lawyers often encourage hefty lawsuits. When your charging 1/3 the payout amount you want to make sure your well compensated. It's the lawyers dummy who keep fighting tort threshholds, you know dummy capping the amount you can sue for

He sure gave Paszkiewicz more of a benefit of the doubt than he deserved, so I wouldn't run my mouth with that nonsense. Paszkiewicz did and still deserves to be fired, yet the LaClairs made no attempt to get him fired even though there was plenty of justification for it, ESPECIALLY considering that the preaching bozo still has NEVER admitting to ANY wrongdoing whatsoever. None.

Guest Guest
No scrapbook or family connection necessary. Just google his name along with words like hero and award.

15 minutes? You wish. It's a year and a half and running.

Keep writing, moron.

Yeah you're probably right. There's always another town putting up Christmas displays on governmant property or some teacher talking about religion.

Guest Guest

Alright already, we know Matthew is better than us. After all he has a t-shirt that proves.

“You laugh because I’m different. I’m laughing because you’re all the same.”

Guest Guest
Alright already, we know Matthew is better than us. After all he has a t-shirt that proves.

The t-shirt didn't prove anything--the people in Kearny proved the t-shirt right, though.

Guest Guest
I agree with you that they brought the problems on themselves. But I do think Matthew bears some responsibility in how he goes about trying to solve these issues.

You, or someone, keeps saying that, but how would you do it differently? Unless you can answer that question by giving a specific alternative that would have been equally effective, you don't have a valid point. And the question has been asked for over a year with no answer ever given.

So either give your alternative or admit that you don't know what you're talking about. If you would be so kind.

Guest Guest

Every single time someone who expresses disagreement with "how he goes about" something, they are pressed to give an equally-effective alternative Matthew could have utilized instead.

They never have an answer. Ever. Care to break that streak?

Guest Guest

Apparently you don't appreciate the humor. Not surprising.

Guest Guest

So obviously you've never had that experience. To know what it's like, you would have had to have an original thought at some time in your life that allowed you to see things differently than the people around you. You would have realized that you were seeing something they weren't, and it would have struck you as odd that they didn't see what you saw.

Since you've never had that kind of original thought, naturally you wouldn't understand what it's like.

You can react to what his t-shirt says defensively, assuming that you should know everything there is to know.

Or you can realize that we all have blind spots and laugh at yourself a little. It's not necessarily arrogant. It's just pointing out that we all miss a lot of things, and that being different can be a good thing.