Improved Guidelines

KOTW

Dear Posters:

As promised in an earlier post, I have reconsidered my policy with respect to editing of posts. It has been KOTW's policy to attempt to not edit posts because it provides for an open discussion of issues. For the most part, the policy has worked. Recently posters have gotten very personal. Therefore, I am modifying the policy with respect to posts. Any post that involves an individual's personal life will be edited.

In addition, url links to sites that have adult content (or advertisements for adult content) will be removed.

I ask that anyone offended by a particular post, email me at webmaster@kearnyontheweb.com or simply post a message to the board stating why you are offended. If you post to the thread you want edited and use the quote function, I will review the post again.

KOTW

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Thankful

Does that mean the HeyDuke link will be removed? Their content is sometimes very offensive, in addition, their selfish promotion is very rude.

Guest Guest
selfish promotion?

i don't dedicate threads to my website. it's in my signature and listed as my website, that's all. you click or you don't.

perhaps you should've read the disclaimer.

Your HeyDuke link leads to material and language(including the disclaimer) unfit for children. It should be removed.

selfish promotion?

i don't dedicate threads to my website. it's in my signature and listed as my website, that's all. you click or you don't.

Your HeyDuke link leads to material and language(including the disclaimer) unfit for children. It should be removed.

i really don't think kids under 18 come to this message board.

iv done nothing wrong here, only say things that i think is right.

just because you dont agree, does not make your right, nor wrong

you dont like to read what i have to say, dont read my post anymore

what do i care. did we EVER SAY ONCE... HEY KOTW POSTERS GO HERE

Well now we did. Lets see what the Webmaster does. Even tho i'm just trying to prove a point.

selfish promotion?

i've seen posts on this message board that are far more harmful to a child's eyes than anything on my website.

are you a child?

do children even COME here?

come on, use some sense. there's no use complaining about such pointless things that don't affect anyone.

Guest Guest 99
i've seen posts on this message board that are far more harmful to a child's eyes than anything on my website.

are you a child?

come on, use some sense. there's no use complaining about such pointless things that don't affect anyone.

The webmaster has decided to change the rules, as is his/her right. Unfortunately, the link in all of your posts falls under one of these changes: url links to sites that have adult content (or advertisements for adult content) will be removed. Anyone who has checked out your site, as I have done with an open mind, can not deny it has adult content.

Guest Guest

are you a child?

The webmaster has decided to change the rules, as is his/her right. Unfortunately, the link in all of your posts falls under one of these changes: url links to sites that have adult content (or advertisements for adult content) will be removed. Anyone who has checked out your site, as I have done with an open mind, can not deny it has adult content.

The only problem is that as registered members, pube and HeyDuke will have the opporutnity to continually "edit" their posts and/or personal settings to add back in the url to their signatures. The only other option would be to ban them.

Guest Thankful

It does have adult content. So what say you KOTW webmaster, are you going to remove the HeyDuke link? Are you going to remove the websites cross-promotion reference?

It does have adult content. So what say you KOTW webmaster, are you going to remove the HeyDuke link? Are you going to remove the websites cross-promotion reference?

You’re just jealous, because about 90% of the time we’re right. And you dont want the younger crowd making you look a fool. Stop picking on us, we’ve done nothing wrong.

God I feel like Howard Stern here.

Post on this forum have more adult content than HeyDuke.net. The only thing is that the webmaster is kind enought to remove them.

To the topic of self-promotion. We do not encourage nor suggest you visit HeyDuke.net. If you click on the link and don't like it, then it's your problem, not ours. There is a disclaimer on the website and it should be read. The fact that people disregard disclaimers is not our problem either.

Guest Thankful

Webmaster please due your duty and remove the Heyduke link, the site contains adult content and as per your new rules it must be removed.

Webmaster please due your duty and remove the Heyduke link, the site contains adult content and as per your new rules it must be removed.

I dont think he/she can hear you, i think you have to say it again, so you could make it 100 times that youve said it..............Lets remove you and your repeated posts. :angry:

HeyDuke must go!  :(  :angry:  Warning:Adult Content :(  :angry:

HeyDuke Violates New Rules!! :D

Cry about it.

OH THE NEW RULES OH NO....

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO.....

Well, it seems like the Webmaster isn’t going to do squat, so stop your whining.

Quite frankly, no one cares.

I'd be thankful if you just shut the hell up. punk.

Guest Thankful

KOTW Wemaster, you are a Coward. You create new guidelines and then refuse to back them up. Your credibility is shot. HeyDuke just punked you out! What are you scared to respond, HeyDuke got your toungue? Back your guidelines or just shut it! As for you HeyDork, F-Off!

KOTW Wemaster, you are a Coward. You create new guidelines and then refuse to back them up. Your credibility is shot. HeyDuke just punked you out! What are you scared to respond, HeyDuke got your toungue? Back your guidelines or just shut it! As for you HeyDork, F-Off!

Dear Thankful,

Let's see if you and Heyduke.net and pube can have a debate on why I should or should not delete the links to Heyduke.net. Let's see if you can convince me that I should remove the links. Early on, Heyduke and pube were attacked because they were "kids". Although I don't agree with all their opinions (or form of their responses), at times they have more mature responses than some of the "adults" posting. It is refreshing to see young adults expressing themselves intelligently about issues effecting them and our community at large. This message board was set up so that residents could have discussions about issues effecting their town. Heyduke.net and pube have contributed so I will not, without reflection and some thought, just delete the link. I am still in the reflection and some thought stage.

KOTW

Dear Thankful,

Let's see if you and Heyduke.net and pube can have a debate on why I should or should not delete the links to Heyduke.net. Let's see if you can convince me that I should remove the links. Early on, Heyduke and pube were attacked because they were "kids". Although I don't agree with all their opinions (or form of their responses), at times they have more mature responses than some of the "adults" posting. It is refreshing to see young adults expressing themselves intelligently about issues effecting them and our community at large. This message board was set up so that residents could have discussions about issues effecting their town. Heyduke.net and pube have contributed so I will not, without reflection and some thought, just delete the link. I am still in the reflection and some thought stage.

KOTW

If you were to ask me to remove the link, i would. You have been very fair. But if it only pisses off other people and not you, then, i won't willingly.

Archived