khs

Guest alix

Guest KHS Parent

I do not agree with the uniforms. Let them worry about teaching the children and not what they wear. That is a parents job. If I wanted my child in a Uniform I would send them to a Catholic School.

I do not agree with the uniforms. Let them worry about teaching the children and not what they wear. That is a parents job. If I wanted my child in a Uniform I would send them to a Catholic School.

Now that Paul's kid is out and Paul no longer has standing on this issue, the school board has come out of its coffin and decided to pass a uniform regulation.

The low Kearny SAT scores are not something to be proud of. The uniform issue is the public school administration's attempt at diverting parents from real educational issues. It will give them cover for a few more years.

Some wanting uniforms does not make it right to impose this onus on all. I'm sure some want everyone to go to church but that does not give them the right to force you. We're not living in Hitler's Germany or Stalin's Russia. The Chinese are still big on school uniforms.

Paul would know best but I believe there are successful strategies for fighting this. The operative rule is that the public school system is required to give an education. They cannot deny schooling to those who refuse uniforms.

Guest Guest

Guess what, many parents aren't doing their jobs.

We know that. But the logic to require uniforms for all because some parents allow their children to dress as slobs does not hold.

You don't punish all for the failure of some. By that reasoning we should search everyone leaving stores because some shoplift. And the school board knows this. I still think their real agenda is using the uniform issue to divert from their educational failures.

I agree with 100%. It's apparent that most parents in the town of Kearny don't give a rats ass how their kid is dressed when going to school (KHS). Is there any reason why I've seen personally girls going to KHS wearing shorts so short that the cheeks of their ass are hanging out or miniskirts so short they should have shaved and I don't mean their legs before heading to KHS. Talk about a distraction if parents want to let this go on, then they should have no problem with the labels of " Whore, or Slut ". As a Kearny taxpayer I feel that since I don't have kids in the Kearny school system I should'nt have to support your or your kids decision to dress as they want, My tax dollars are being used by your kids in KHS so in and for that I WANT UNIFORMS OR A STRICT DRESS CODE. Play by the rules, you go to school your not dressed properly you get sent home, you don't make 180 days of classroom time a year you don't advance / graduate. End of story plain and simple.

Guest Kearny Kard

I totally agree. There are way too many parents asleep at the wheel. It's certainly not just a Kearny problem though. I don't think requiring kids to wear a polo shirt and khaki's to school is asking too much.

Guest Guest
I totally agree. There are way too many parents asleep at the wheel. It's certainly not just a Kearny problem though. I don't think requiring kids to wear a polo shirt and khaki's to school is asking too much.

How about "I don't think asking parents to make sure their kids are dressed appropriately without the school having to enforce a uniform is asking too much."?

Guest Guest
We know that. But the logic to require uniforms for all because some parents allow their children to dress as slobs does not hold.

You don't punish all for the failure of some. By that reasoning we should search everyone leaving stores because some shoplift. And the school board knows this. I still think their real agenda is using the uniform issue to divert from their educational failures.

The problem is it isn't just some of the students. Now the school has to step in and do something about it.

Guest Guest
I agree with 100%. It's apparent that most parents in the town of Kearny don't give a rats ass how their kid is dressed when going to school (KHS). Is there any reason why I've seen personally girls going to KHS wearing shorts so short that the cheeks of their ass are hanging out or miniskirts so short they should have shaved and I don't mean their legs before heading to KHS. Talk about a distraction if parents want to let this go on, then they should have no problem with the labels of " Whore, or Slut ". As a Kearny taxpayer I feel that since I don't have kids in the Kearny school system I should'nt have to support your or your kids decision to dress as they want, My tax dollars are being used by your kids in KHS so in and for that I WANT UNIFORMS OR A STRICT DRESS CODE. Play by the rules, you go to school your not dressed properly you get sent home, you don't make 180 days of classroom time a year you don't advance / graduate. End of story plain and simple.

Perhaps you should stop staring at the teenaged girls. Everytime you comment on this subject you sound like a perv.

What kind of a pervert are you?

Guest Guest

Amen brother.

Guest Guest
I still think their real agenda is using the uniform issue to divert from their educational failures.

I don't think this began with the Board. It seems to have begun from within the community, but what that reflects is the false idea that we can instill responsibility in our kids for forcing them to wear uniforms. Kids don't learn responsibility by being told exactly what to do. They learn responsibility by being given choices, and then being guided as they make those choices. If students were dressing inappropriately (from what I've seen, the claims are grossly exaggerated), the fault lies with them and their parents. Let's be honest, too, part of this is a clash of cultures that is going on in Kearny as our population demographics change.

So this also reflects the failure of parents in this community to control their kids. The diversion is in the minds of the parents and other members of the community who support this. They're kidding themselves into thinking there are shortcuts for personal responsibility.

I don't think this began with the Board. It seems to have begun from within the community, but what that reflects is the false idea that we can instill responsibility in our kids for forcing them to wear uniforms.

Possibly. But the Board bought into this diversion. That doesn't say much about them. The buck stops at the board.

Possibly. But the Board bought into this diversion. That doesn't say much about them. The buck stops at the board.

One board member has consistently voted against uniforms, but it falls on deaf ears.

Now that Paul's kid is out and Paul no longer has standing on this issue, the school board has come out of its coffin and decided to pass a uniform regulation.

The low Kearny SAT scores are not something to be proud of. The uniform issue is the public school administration's attempt at diverting parents from real educational issues. It will give them cover for a few more years.

Some wanting uniforms does not make it right to impose this onus on all. I'm sure some want everyone to go to church but that does not give them the right to force you. We're not living in Hitler's Germany or Stalin's Russia. The Chinese are still big on school uniforms.

Paul would know best but I believe there are successful strategies for fighting this. The operative rule is that the public school system is required to give an education. They cannot deny schooling to those who refuse uniforms.

I have been informed about this post and would like to give some advice. If there are any parents with students in the Kearny school system or students themselves in the Kearny school system that seriously want to do something about the uniforms, please let me know. I will help in any way I can. There are organizations and individuals that would be willing to help. I know that there are many people that are against the school uniforms, but nothing is going to change unless somebody does something about it. I hope to speak with someone who will.

Guest Guest
I have been informed about this post and would like to give some advice. If there are any parents with students in the Kearny school system or students themselves in the Kearny school system that seriously want to do something about the uniforms, please let me know. I will help in any way I can. There are organizations and individuals that would be willing to help. I know that there are many people that are against the school uniforms, but nothing is going to change unless somebody does something about it. I hope to speak with someone who will.

Junior should save his radical left preachings for the loony left college he'll be attending.

Guest Charlie Brown

Thanks, we can certainly use your help. Why don't you call PAPAK (People Against Polos And Khaki's) for us. Good Grief!

Guest Guest
Junior should save his radical left preachings for the loony left college he'll be attending.

Preachings? You're confusing him with someone else.

Looks like someone just can't let it go. Boo-hoo.

Guest Guest

Conservatives used to be in favor of government keeping its nose out of people's affairs. In fact, libertarians today would agree with Matthew. They're as conservative as you can get.

Guest Guest

I believe that it is a very stupid idea to get uniforms. The teachers and administration shouldn't spend so much time on what we are wearing, they should focus on improving our school and making it a better environment to learn. Uniforms create more problems. I guaruntee when September rolls around that there will be more suspensions than ever before. Students are going to focusing on the problem that they have to wear those ugly things and not on their school work. I understand that some people do wear ridiculous things to school but if you are going to make us wear uniforms why not make them nice looking?