NJ Smoking Ban

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
I've already asked where are my rights? Where are my rights to be able to walk into a bar, eatery, or bowling alley and not have to inhale smoke?

Do you think that your rights are more important than the rights of the owner of the business? If they wanted a non smoking establishment they had that choice. Now they have no choice and the Governor who signed the bill was not even elected to office. Maybe you think that women shouldn't have a choice either, that issue takes lives as well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest
:P I would like to know if the ban includes clubs like , The American Legion, VFW And org. like that ?

Yes it does, and these businesses will suffer from this, that is a fact. People will not stay where they cannot relax, have a drink and a smoke.

Guest guest
Really! It's legal to drive drunk? That's news to me.  Go figure!

How do you think most of the people get to these events. Maybe Scottie beams them there and home. Drinking and driving kills people who don't smoke too. So maybe there should be a law that people cannot drink outside their homes, because there is the chance that they may get drunk and kill somebody. I don't drink so I shouldn't have to worry about all the people who do.

Guest Guest
How do you think most of the people get to these events.  Maybe Scottie beams them there and home.  Drinking and driving kills people who don't smoke too.  So maybe there should be a law that people cannot drink outside their homes, because there is the chance that they may get drunk and kill somebody.  I don't drink so I shouldn't have to worry about all the people who do.

The last time I checked there is a law that says you can't drink and drive. Stop with these nonsense comparisons.

Guest Guest
The Governor who passed the law was not even elected to office!  You people must be crazy if you think that letting the Government make laws restricting your rights on your property is a good thing.  It won't stop there either.  Do you know that being overweight is a leading cause of death.  Lets have overweight people stop eating unhealthy food.  Let's make them pay more for their gluttony.  Every year increase the tax on snack foods, soda, everything you enjoy and will lead to your death.  Clothing companies have to use more fabric so their clothes should be more expensive too.  Obese people are an eyesoar and they should not be allowed where average people are eating.  Since we feel free to attack smokers lets open the flood gates, anyone with an unhealthy habit should be publicly ridiculed and we should not feel bad because they are hurting themselves and the people around them.

Gov Codey, Had every legal right to sign the bill, He was not elected,

Codey was Governor.

Remember President Ford? He was elected either.

And Bush was picked by the court to be president.

Guest Guest
Do you think that your rights are more important than the rights of the owner of the business?  If they wanted a non smoking establishment they had that choice.  Now they have no choice and the Governor who signed the bill was not even elected to office.  Maybe you think that women shouldn't have a choice either, that issue takes lives as well.

As a matter of fact I do think my rights are more important. I want to be able to to go into an establishment with my kids and not have to inhale or smell like smoke.

Stop whinning these places will make more money than ever before.

Go smoke yourself to death in your house and turn everything brown and yellow while your at it. Or are you one of those people that's not allowed to smoke in the house? :angry:

Guest Guest 22

I wonder who is going to police and enforce this smoking ban? Especially in small clubs etc. Who do you call, the smoking police? Seriously, unless someone turns you in, who's to know?

Guest Guest

All the beaches should be shut down as well because skin cancer can kill you. People should not be allowed out during the day unless they are dressed like muslims.

Guest guest
Gov Codey, Had every legal right to sign the bill, He was not elected,

Codey was Governor.

Remember President Ford? He was elected either.

And Bush was picked by the court to be president.

Gov. Cody should get his head out of the microwave.

Guest Guest
I wonder who is going to police and enforce this smoking ban?  Especially in small clubs etc. Who do you call, the smoking police? Seriously, unless someone turns you in, who's to know?

The ban will be enforced by the bar owners. If they do not, they risk losing their license.

JW

The ban will be enforced by the bar owners.  If they do not, they risk losing their license.

JW

B) yall wake up this law IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN IN NJ!!! now stop all the boo hoo over it!!!! B)

Guest Guest
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT PEOPLE THAT DO  NOT SMOKE DO NOT WANT TO SMELL LIKE ASHTRAYS.YOU MUST BE 25 FEET AWAY FROM THE DOOR READ THE STATE LAW THAT IS IF YOU CAN READ WHO CARES WHAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE THINKS SECOND HAND KILLS YOU CAN KEEP PUFFING JUST 25FEET AWAY FROM THE DOOR.AS FAR AS THE BAR IN HARRISON  WHYDID NOT CALL THE COPS IF YOU SEEN SOMETHING GOING ON IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE ME SICK YOU PUT UP WITH NOW SHUT THEN.

Pretty soon you won't be able to complain about smoking or anything else in this soon to be third world nation. Its dopes like you who give up all your freedoms that sicken me I don't smoke if you do so be it. If an establishment allows smoking you don't like it then sit your ass where it isn't allowed. If to sit next to someone that smokes put the ashtray on your head so they have a place to put their butt's.

Seems stupid why you think you know what's best for the rest of the world ever heard of free will

Guest Guest
Pretty soon you won't be able to complain about smoking or anything else in this soon to be third world nation. Its dopes like you who give up all your freedoms that sicken me I don't smoke if you do so be it.  If an establishment allows smoking you don't like it then sit your ass where it isn't allowed.  If to sit next to someone that smokes put the ashtray on your head so they have a place to put their butt's.

Seems stupid why you think you know what's best for the rest of the world ever heard of free will

Why do smokers think they know what's best for non-smokers?

Now go smoke yourself to death on your deck or front porch. You know, the place where your spouse allows you to smoke at home. :lol:

Guest Guest
Saturday In ******* Tavern, People were smoking.

Why will they not obey the Law.

This goes on elsewhere also,

Police can not write out tickets,

Only health officers.

This is a good law,

60,000 people die in New Jersey

because of lung cancer each year.

And get after the ** *****

on Schuyler they are also

breaking the law, Allowing smoking.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Contact the Bord of Health, sign a complante, and the matter will be taken care of.

Guest Guest
Contact the Bord of Health, sign a complante, and the matter will be taken care of.

Why do you keep going to this establishment if people are smoking. Is it you just like to tell others what they can & can't do in there own place of business. Get your own money and open a place or whatever and hang up a no smoking sign. I don't smoke but I believe in personal rights. The folks that smoke have every right in the world to smoke themselves to death. I also think the second hand smoke is a load of crap. Just take some air samples outside your door. I think you shouldn't be allowed to drive a car or ride a bus or fly on an airplane. These are bigger polluters than smokers. This thing is a joke the state collects millions & millions of tax dollars taking advantage of peoples addiction and that don't seem to bother you one bit. The state is addicted to spending my hard earned money on worthless laws that are unenforceable.

Guest Guest
Why do you keep going to this establishment if people are smoking. Is it you just like to tell others what they can & can't do in there own place of business. Get your own money and open a place or whatever and hang up a no smoking sign. I don't smoke but I believe in personal rights. The folks that smoke have every right in the world to smoke themselves to death.  I also think the second hand smoke is a load of crap. Just take some air samples outside your door. I think you shouldn't be allowed to drive a car or ride a bus or fly on an airplane. These are bigger polluters than smokers. This thing is a joke the state collects millions & millions of tax dollars taking advantage of peoples addiction and that don't seem to bother you one bit. The state is addicted to spending my hard earned money on worthless laws that are unenforceable.

You'd be signing a different tune if some of the places you or your family visit started allowing smokers to exercise their "rights".

Guest Guest
Why do smokers think they know what's best for non-smokers?

Now go smoke yourself to death on your deck or front porch.  You know, the place where your spouse allows you to smoke at home. :lol:

"Smoke your eyes out kid!!"

Guest Guest
You'd be signing a different tune if some of the places you or your family visit started allowing smokers to exercise their "rights".

You haven't answered the question. Will you stop driving or riding a bus, airplane stop trying to legislate behavior. Get your nose out of other peoples business. Your life is probably a mess anyway if this is the only thing you have to worry about, .

Guest Guest
There have also been studies on how tanning is addictive.  We should not have to look at leather face.  We need to help these people.

The law helps me you ass! I don't want to smell like an ashtray.

Guest Guest

no I would exercise my rights as I do now. NOW FOLLOW WHAT I AM SAYING I WOULD NOT GO TO THERE. I send my money where I feel my best interests are. But I still think you should sell your car and stop traveling if you truly feel pollution is killing you & your family.

Archived