Scrimo running for 3rd Council seat!

Guest GRACIE4th

CORRECT!  IN ONE OF THE 'PREVIOUS' NACIMENTO ELECTIONS WHEN HE WAS RUNING AGAINST BOB GARRISON & KELLY, HE WROTE IN ONE OF HIS LETTERS THAT 'ALL' OF THE PEOPLE IN THE GARDENS, ( INCLUDING THE 'SENIORS' WHO HAD NO 'PRIVATE' 55 & OVER HOUSING IN TOWN ) WERE  NOT IMPORTANT TO HIM SINCE THEY DIDN'T PAY TAXES.  SO IT APPEARS THAT HE DOESN'T PLAN TO DO ANYTHING FOR THE SENIORS, WHO HE 'LUMPED TOGETHER' WITH THE LOW-INCOME NON-TAXPAYING YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE GDNS.

WHEN MILLAN CAME AOUND LAST YEAR, AT LEAST HE ADVOCATED FOR BUILDING A SMALL "55 & OVER" MIDDLE-INCOME APTS  OR AN 'ASSISTED LIVING' FOR THE RETIRED OLDER PEOPLE OF HARRISON, WHO ARE UNABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THE YARD WORK  & HOUSE MAINTAINANCE THAT GOES WITH HOME OWNERSHIP.    IT APPEARS THAT NACIMENTO WOULD PREFER THAT THE OVER 55 'RETIRED' AGED, JUST SELL THEIR HOUSES & LEAVE TOWN

71120[/snapback]

Verify tax paying, when it is said that the people from the gardens don't pay taxes, it is that they do not pay property taxes, just like any other renter. If you work you pay taxes and if you claim peope from the gardens don't work, you are talking about a handful in over 200 units.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She must be off her meds, or using her daughters stuff,  maybe she's tpipping and is not in the real world.  Heaven help us they are comming out of the woodwork in numbers. Why would we  need another crackpot in  this election ?????????????

71131[/snapback]

there are plenty of crackpots in town try using the mirror first before posting! :P

Verify tax paying, when it is said that the people from the gardens don't pay taxes, it is that they do not pay property taxes, just like any other renter.

71187[/snapback]

Umm, no. Since the gardens is public housing, no property taxes are paid on the property at all. No school taxes, no county taxes, nothing.

Renters pay all of these taxes indirectly because they live on private property and their landlords use part of that rent (or most of it as taxes go up!) to pay the property taxes. Private property renters contribute toward the costs of parks, police, schools, etc. and the largest part of everyone's overall tax burden is usually property taxes.

For those who aren't paying attention, isn't one of the biggest political issues in this state that property taxes are disproportionately used to cover the cost of government spending that benefits all the people - not just the homeowners? All of the solutions involved in reducing our dependance on property taxes involve getting people who pay none to cover more of their share of the costs of government.

YOU ARE WRONG, SHE WANTS TO HELPS THE TOWN.  WHAT COUNCILMAN  DOES ANYTHING FOR THE KIDS.

71289[/snapback]

Helps. How about Help the town, not she wants to helps the town. Besides Larry Bennett does alot for the Kids. Where are you?

Umm, no. Since the gardens is public housing, no property taxes are paid on the property at all. No school taxes, no county taxes, nothing.

Renters pay all of these taxes indirectly because they live on private property and their landlords use part of that rent (or most of it as taxes go up!) to pay the property taxes. Private property renters contribute toward the costs of parks, police, schools, etc. and the largest part of everyone's overall tax burden is usually property taxes.

For those who aren't paying attention, isn't one of the biggest political issues in this state that property taxes are disproportionately used to cover the cost of government spending that benefits all the people - not just the homeowners? All of the solutions involved in reducing our dependance on property taxes involve getting people who pay none to cover more of their share of the costs of government.

71438[/snapback]

GOT MY BALLOT TODAY IT SEEMS HINCHCLIFFE WAS THROWN IN THE MIX TO STEAL SOME VOTES. THE BEST PART WAS A KNOCK AT THE DOOR BY THAT PORTUGESE GUY WHO APPARENTLY HAS NO CLUE BECAUSE BEFORE THE MAYOR GOT TO STICK HIS HAND UP HIS BUTT SEEMS MILAN WAS PLAYING WITH HIS FIDDLE LONG AGO. FORGET IT SCRIMO IS MY PERSON! TOO LATE! MARCH DOWN FERRY ST IN MAY NOT HERE! :rolleyes::lol:

CHANGE FOR HARRISON

Yea, that's right, Michele Scrimo is running for the Town Council in the 3rd Ward as a write in candidate!

Never has there been a FULL SLATE running against the indumbants, oh wait, I mean incumbents.

70574[/snapback]

You were right the first time. They ARE the INDUMBANTS.

71438[/snapback]

SO WRONG

SO WRONG

GOT MY BALLOT TODAY IT SEEMS HINCHCLIFFE WAS THROWN IN THE MIX TO STEAL SOME VOTES. THE BEST PART WAS A KNOCK AT THE DOOR BY THAT PORTUGESE GUY WHO APPARENTLY HAS NO CLUE BECAUSE BEFORE THE MAYOR GOT TO STICK HIS HAND UP HIS BUTT SEEMS MILAN WAS PLAYING WITH HIS FIDDLE LONG AGO. FORGET IT SCRIMO IS MY PERSON! TOO LATE! MARCH DOWN FERRY ST IN MAY NOT HERE! :o  :o

71483[/snapback]

Rumor has it, Hinchcliffe backed out of the race and is endorsing Joe Wood.

be careful of those last minute write in, never know their motives? :o

70650[/snapback]

Yeah your right at least you know you'll get screwed by the indumbents. yeah Harrison keep doing what your best at bury your head and leave your A$$ out so the current kingdom can have their way with you, why should anything ever change.

If your such an intelligent voter how can you even consider voritng for any one recommended by the currant  administration?

71054[/snapback]

I Agree as I am a life long resident of Harrison, and also living in the Harrison Gardens it's time for us to make the choice of who WE THE PEOPLE want to repersent us. Isn't that what a councilman or woman is supposed to do, "Be the voice of the residents in that ward???" I feel our ward needs someone who is going to be strong, loud, and caring to stand by us. Someone to fight for us when needed. I also feel the only reason Mr Nasimento was asked to run by the Mayor "as his letter states" is because he won't be a fighter for us he will simply always say (as his letter states)"Yes Mayor I will run with you"

If he truley wanted to be our Councilman then why didn't he just run, why wait to be asked? Because he thinks he is a sure win as he has stated to myself as well as to other tenants. Remember Mr.Nasimento the 1st and last time we saw you until a week ago was June and you had stated to many of us" VOTE FOR ME YOU DON"T REALLY HAVE TO ALL I NEED TO DO IS VOTE FOR MYSELF AND I AM IN"

Well just because of that statement I am glad to know you have someone running against you. Because it is only NOW the YOU realize we don't need you YOU NEED US.

I wish both canidates the best of luck, but I am also proud to say I AM VOTING FOR MICHELLE SCRIMO

I Agree as I am a life long resident of Harrison, and also living in the Harrison Gardens it's time for us to make the choice of who WE THE PEOPLE  want to repersent us. Isn't that what a councilman or woman is supposed to do, "Be the voice of the residents in that ward???" I feel our ward needs someone who is going to be strong, loud, and caring to stand by us. Someone to fight for us when needed. I also feel the only reason Mr Nasimento was asked to run by the Mayor "as his letter states" is because he won't be a fighter for us he will simply always say (as his letter states)"Yes Mayor I will run with you"

If he truley wanted to be our Councilman then why didn't he just run, why wait to be asked? Because he thinks he is a sure win as he has stated to myself as well as to other tenants. Remember Mr.Nasimento the 1st and last time we saw you until a week ago was June and you had stated to many of us" VOTE FOR ME YOU DON"T REALLY HAVE TO ALL I NEED TO DO IS VOTE FOR MYSELF AND I AM IN"

Well just because of that statement I am glad to know you have someone running against you. Because it is only NOW the YOU realize we don't need you YOU NEED US.

I wish both canidates the best of luck, but I am also proud to say I AM VOTING FOR MICHELLE SCRIMO

72036[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head with that one. Go Scrimo

I Agree as I am a life long resident of Harrison, and also living in the Harrison Gardens it's time for us to make the choice of who WE THE PEOPLE  want to repersent us. Isn't that what a councilman or woman is supposed to do, "Be the voice of the residents in that ward???" I feel our ward needs someone who is going to be strong, loud, and caring to stand by us. Someone to fight for us when needed. I also feel the only reason Mr Nasimento was asked to run by the Mayor "as his letter states" is because he won't be a fighter for us he will simply always say (as his letter states)"Yes Mayor I will run with you"

72036[/snapback]

Nice picture Frank bad computer tech

72036[/snapback]

Wow I guess he said the same to all of us Because he also told me I didn't HAVE to vote for him and he still would get in.

Guess what I am not voting for you.

72036[/snapback]

You are rigth they need us to win so remeber that on Tuesday as you are going to vote.

72036[/snapback]

GO SCRIMO

72036[/snapback]

Nicely Put I am Voting Michelle Scrimo too.

72036[/snapback]

YOUR SOOOOOOOO RIGHT WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID. AS I AM A HARRISON GARDENS RESIDENT WHO IS NOW VOTING FOR SCRIMO. THANKS FOR THE EYE OPENER.

72036[/snapback]

When you are right your right, and I am saying you are right.

72036[/snapback]

I could not have said it better myself, I am all for Scrimo time for a change.

72036[/snapback]

You are right on the money honey. Hope she wins!!!

72036[/snapback]

Your right, I like her.

72036[/snapback]

Very good points, and I agree she is loud strong and caring, the kind of person we need to help us.