Sherri & Pettigrew Councilwomen

Guest Harry

Guest ivy st
You have no idea what I think of this town.

You also have no idea what my "signature" referes to, so I'll explain it to you.  On the old publiccitizenonline.com website, run by Frankie Ferreira, he constantly posted about the Kearny Cardinals.  So, I just corrected him.  It took him for every to coreect his mistake.  It is my way of supporting the high school sports teams, not a reflection of my thoughts about the town and the way it is currently being run.

Apparently, you do not attend the council meetings, otherwise, you would know that I do not attend.

I just find it amazing that the majority complaining here really do nothing in the real world to try to fix what they believe is wrong.  If I think something is wrong, I don't post it here.  I will call the mayor's office directly.

JW

I have called the Mayors office but still nothing was done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This topic was started  a long time ago it was first posted for Sherry and Pettigrew to answer. It was not about who is who I really do not care. The problems and questions posted here are of real concern . Mrs. Sherry is aware of the problems but she must answer to Santos. Is she your councilwomen? I went face to face with her on problems and she had nothing to offer. Iam wondering if she is like Santos can never admit he is wrong.

Dont you know Ms. Sherry only answers Al Realist and Mangin. You are right this topic was started a long time ago. Not once did Sherry or Pettigrew address the problems that TAXPAPERS are concerned about . Example homes being knocked down to build two family homes something residents are opposed to. And the topic here about flooding. We do not want to sit in Sherry home and we would also like to here from Pettigrew. Its time we get people on our council who speak out about our problems.

Dont you know Ms. Sherry only answers Al Realist and Mangin. You are right this topic was started a long time ago. Not once did Sherry or Pettigrew address the problems that TAXPAPERS are concerned about . Example homes being knocked down to build two family homes something residents are opposed to. And the topic here about flooding. We do not want to sit in Sherry home and we would also like to here from Pettigrew. Its time we get people on our council who speak out about our problems.

First of all it's A. Realist, not Al Realist.

Secondly, Sherry and Pettigrew do answer resident questions and they do address resident concerns---just not here. Maybe they got a little tired of having their name sullied and their families dragged into it, you think? Maybe you think that posters have the right to bring family members into a discussion on this site; then I think that they (Sherry and Pettigrew) have the right not to participate on a site that is obviously hostile towards their family. People don't give up their right of choice when they become elected officials! I guess they simply choose to use more traditional and more legitimate forums like council meetings and person-to-person contact.

Hey, I get a kick out of this site, but let's face it, it's not exactly the New York Tmes when it comes to truth, civility and good grammar.

First of all it's A. Realist, not Al Realist.

Secondly, Sherry and Pettigrew do answer resident questions and they do address resident concerns---just not here. Maybe they got a little tired of having their name sullied and their families dragged into it, you think? Maybe you think that posters have the right to bring family members into a discussion on this site; then I think that they (Sherry and Pettigrew) have the right not to participate on a site that is obviously hostile towards their family. People don't give up their right of choice when they  become elected officials! I guess they simply choose to use more traditional and more legitimate forums like council meetings and person-to-person contact.

Hey, I get a kick out of this site, but let's face it, it's not exactly the New York Tmes when it comes to truth, civility and good grammar.

Here we go again with you defending your flock. People are asking questions and they are not concerned about Sherry or Pettigrew family. Sherry and Pettigrew do not have any answers to the questions. . Realist you are either Santos,Sherry or Al Cifelli. Our town meetings is like going to a puppet show.

Here we go again  with you defending your flock. People are asking questions and they are not concerned about Sherry or Pettigrew family.

Evidently, you don't read the posts before you render an opinion. Sherry engaged in many debates here, until her family became fodder for your ridiculous rantings. I guess if you can't beat 'em at the polls (and you can't), there's always "family bashing".

BTW for all you nay-sayers who contend that Kearny is fast becoming the nadir of civilization, I was driving to the bank yesterday and had to take a detour off of Schuyler Avenue. In the brief span of a very few minutes and in a radius of only about four blocks, I noticed at least four brand new homes, one house being demolished to make way for another new one and at least seven others renovated or in the process of renovation; an impressive looking restaurant about to open; portions of three streets repaved and what appeared to be new drainage pipes being installed.

Keep up the good work, Grey Panther and Curly Top!

Guest schulyer ave
Evidently, you don't read the posts before you render an opinion. Sherry engaged in many debates here, until her family became fodder for your ridiculous rantings. I guess if you can't beat 'em at the polls (and you can't), there's always "family bashing".

BTW for all you nay-sayers who contend that Kearny is fast becoming the nadir of civilization, I was driving to the bank yesterday and had to take a detour off of Schuyler Avenue. In the brief span of a very few minutes and in a radius of only about four blocks, I noticed at least four brand new homes, one house being demolished to make way for another new one and at least seven others renovated or in the process of renovation; an impressive looking restaurant about to open; portions of three streets repaved and what appeared to be new drainage pipes being installed.

Anyone who thinks the second ward is getting better by a restaurant is crazy. If you had a open mind and stopped kis**ing as* all the time you would see what is really happening. First I live here the volume of dirty dump trucks have increased. Sit at the light on Bergan Ave. its so dirty they have a water truck drive down to keep the dirt friom flying. Its great when you are sitting in your yard..As for the drainage pipes the Town is separating sewer lineS MANDATED BY THE STATE. And the list goes on THUMBS DOWN TO SHERRY AND PETTIGREW AL.

Guest Schulyer Ave.
Anyone who thinks the second ward is getting better by a restaurant is crazy. If you had  a open mind and stopped  kis**ing as* all the time you would see what is really happening. First I live here the volume of dirty dump trucks have increased. Sit at the light on Bergan Ave. its so dirty they have a water truck drive down to keep the dirt friom flying. Its great when you are sitting in your yard..As for the drainage pipes the Town is separating sewer lineS  MANDATED BY THE STATE. And the list goes on THUMBS DOWN TO SHERRY AND PETTIGREW AL.

Its one of them we all know Now back to real problems in the second ward that you like Sherry IGNORE.So what about the increase of trucks? As of right now the Town is in trouble with the DEP REGARDING SEWER SEPARATION ETC.Next time you take your little so called strolls stop on Bergan and Schulyer Ave. you wil be coughing and wiping your eyes from all the dirt.

A former poster states that there have been "ridiculous rantings" and "family bashing" as to Sherry and Pettigrew. Pointing out that they have used their positions to create jobs for their offspring is not either. Just a fact of life.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
A former poster states that there have been "ridiculous rantings" and "family bashing" as to Sherry and Pettigrew.  Pointing out that they have used their positions to create jobs for their offspring is not either.  Just a fact of life.

Barbara and Laura Cifelli, council women of Kearny, how are you doing? It's Bert Diaz. I have a very important question that I would like either one of you or both to answer;DO YOU KNOW ON WHAT GROUNDS THE'' ELIGIBLE'' KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION DID NOT RECEIVE A TWO MILLION DOLLAR BOND, IN STATE AID THIS YEAR, DESIGNATED FOR ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS SURROUNDED BY ABBOTT DISTRICTS? Would either of you be so kind as to ask your friend, Mary Torres, if you do not know the answer, and publish it on this website(KOTW)?Thank You. I most eagerly await your response. Luv yah both!!!, Bert.

In the words of Dr. Zachary Smith, "ridiculous rantings indeed"! As a Realist you have to admit there's enough going on in the Panther's and Curly Top's families to produce a soap opera.

Where's that moral covenant with the people that you speak of?

I guess people living in glass houses should keep their moths shut, which the Panther and Curly Top have done.

In the words of Dr. Zachary Smith,  "ridiculous rantings indeed"!  As a Realist you have to admit there's enough going on in the Panther's and Curly Top's families to produce a soap opera.

I guess people living in glass houses should keep their moths shut, which the Panther and Curly Top have done.

Actually, I let my moths go free.

JW

In the words of Dr. Zachary Smith,  "ridiculous rantings indeed"!  As a Realist you have to admit there's enough going on in the Panther's and Curly Top's families to produce a soap opera.

Show me a family who says they have no problems, no drama and I'll show you a bunch of boring liars.

Neither Sherry nor Pettigrew has been silent regarding their family situations. As a matter of fact both have spoken openly and quite frankly about **** ***** and its reperocussions.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Rosa Trolli

There goes that "non-existent" family bashing again. Shame on you.

Guest Officer Justin Case
Show me a family who says they have no problems, no drama and I'll show you a bunch of boring liars.

Neither Sherry nor Pettigrew has been silent regarding their family situations. As a matter of fact both have spoken openly and quite frankly about **** ***** and its reperocussions

If their family problems are a "secret" then they are the worst kept secret in town. The Councilwomen have always been honest and up-front about it. In fact Mrs. Sherry and her daughter have spoken in front of the DARE groups at KHS. I think it's great that they share their experiences to help others.

Neither Sherry nor Pettigrew has been silent regarding their family situations. As a matter of fact both have spoken openly and quite frankly about **** ***** and its reperocussions.

Well then I guess Bush must be a hero in your book.

We all have problems, saddling the tax payers with people who can't do the job is another issue.

Talk about flip-flop!

If their family problems are a "secret" then they are the worst kept secret in town. The Councilwomen have always been honest and up-front about it. In fact Mrs. Sherry and her daughter have spoken in front of the DARE groups at KHS. I think it's great that they share their experiences to help others.

Who said it was a secret?

Guest Rosa Trolli
No, shame on you for not supporting Mrs. DeRay.

What did they get you a job and now you owe!

I don't even know who Mrs. DeRay is, so why would I support her for anything. Sweetheart, the only thing I owe is my mortgage. I have been too old to want a job since before Mayor Santos ever thought about running for office.

I don't even know who Mrs. DeRay is, so why would I support her for anything.  Sweetheart, the only thing I owe is my mortgage.  I have been too old to want a job since before Mayor Santos ever thought about running for office.

You got it sizzle chits! <_<

Archived