Sherri & Pettigrew Councilwomen

Guest Harry

Guest Ivy st.
What exactly does "directed" mean in this context? Guided? Instructed? Advised? To me it's about halfway between "suggested" and "mandated", so it's really not an answer.

I think that the State is purposely cautious in its wording because there is an abundance of varied case law on this subject. Logically, one would presume that a municipality would be responsible for this type of situation, however there are so many exceptions and exemptions in legal precedent, that a court case would be a crap-shoot for both sides.

Financially, while everyone professes to sympathize, I am not sure that all town residents would favor the more expensive, ultimate solution if it meant a huge property tax increase for everyone.

Ethically, you would hope that the municipality would at least make an attempt to alleviate the situation for these residents without bankrupting the rest of us....and so it has.

The Town did not help my neighbors. Please ask the residents so you may have all correct information on this.What was the Mayor thinking letting these poor folks live in a home for almost five years??? He was not thinking of them.Is that caring??

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ms. K. DeRay
What exactly does "directed" mean in this context? Guided? Instructed? Advised? To me it's about halfway between "suggested" and "mandated", so it's really not an answer.

I think that the State is purposely cautious in its wording because there is an abundance of varied case law on this subject. Logically, one would presume that a municipality would be responsible for this type of situation, however there are so many exceptions and exemptions in legal precedent, that a court case would be a crap-shoot for both sides.

Financially, while everyone professes to sympathize, I am not sure that all town residents would favor the more expensive, ultimate solution if it meant a huge property tax increase for everyone.

Ethically, you would hope that the municipality would at least make an attempt to alleviate the situation for these residents without bankrupting the rest of us....and so it has.

Its a requirement from the State of NJ.

A letter from the DEP to the Town states ,the DEP hereby REQUIRES that Kearny develop measures to be implemented to remediate the sewage problem within (90) days of Jan 2004. Also it states be advised that disharges of combined sewage other than those designated constitute violations of your NJPDES Permit.FAILURE to comply with the above will subject you to enforcement action .Bottom line the Town would have been fined.The Town of Kearny is responsible for this problem, that has been documented. As for the Town making attempt to alleviate this problem it never happened until the residents went to Trenton. Thats almost five years of pumping raw sewage out of our homes and going to the doctor to get a hepatitis vacc.I honestly thought when I went to the Mayor many years ago he would do something fast. I was wrong . I guess some people cannot find their way out of shoebox. The Town knew about pumping stations so I ask WHY did they make the residents wait so long?? NO ATTEMPT was EVER MADE. Many people supported us and I will save that for another post.

No, it has not - that's the point. The municipality ethically should have made an attempt to alleviate the situation for these residents without bankrupting the rest of us (your words, not mine). The municipality should have come up with the idea for the pump station - a pump station that will alleviate the situation for these residents without bankrupting the rest of us (again, your words, not mine).

Your pathetic attempts to shift blame away from the Mayor really insult the intelligence of the people posting here.

Jim Mangin

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
No, it has not - that's the point. The municipality ethically should have made an attempt to alleviate the situation for these residents without bankrupting the rest of us (your words, not mine). The municipality should have come up with the idea for the pump station - a pump station that will alleviate the situation for these residents without bankrupting the rest of us (again, your words, not mine).

Your pathetic attempts to shift blame away from the Mayor really insult the intelligence of the people posting here.

Jim Mangin

I completely agree with you Mr. Mangin. The town Council feels that because The name Santos means "Saint" in Spanish, Portuguese and other Latin Languages, that he truly is one.This man does live up to any of his Self-Created-Problems....Oh Holy Santos has nothing to do with the poor Medical Emergency services we have here in Kearny.As far back as I can remember we always had a Mayor and a good hospital.We still have a Mayor but a lousy hospital.Oh Holy Santos has nothing to do with the DUMP ISSUE, the disintegration of the property value in the Manor section, the UNCONTROLABLE PROPERTY TAX GROWTH, the MISMANAGEMENT OF THE KEARNY PUBLIC SCHOOL FUNDS[51%of our taxes].Oh Holy Santos,Santos,Santos and his assistant Mary {THE BULL} Torres, also President of the Kearny Board of Education, have nothing to do with this mess. Keep in mine that at one time I was also" mesmerized"by the Oh Holy Santos.Santos, Santos chant but I woke up LIKE MANY Kearny citizens ARE BEGINNING TO DO NOW.Because of this ridiculous law we may be stuck with The Saint for 4 years...WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS TO AGGRESSIVELY BEGIN TO VOTE OUT HIS CROANIES FROM THE TOWN COUNCIL AND THE KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION.This as you know will weaken this DICTATOR'S grip on this town.I am commited to bringing this to pass.......Let's get organized and get it done!!!!!!!!

Guest A. Realist

Jim Mangin

Shoulda, woulda, coulda! Is the pump station being installed? On whose watch? You antis are so willing to blame the mayor for everything negative that happens during his administration (like the hospital closing over which he has no control) but he doesn't get credit for positive events. How do you rationalize that?

And, Jimbo, don't be so sensative. You're intelligence has been insulted before--many times!!!

Guest Guest
Shoulda, woulda, coulda! Is the pump station being installed? On whose watch? You antis are so willing to blame the mayor for everything negative that happens during his administration (like the hospital closing over which he has no control) but he doesn't get credit for positive events. How do you rationalize that?

And, Jimbo, don't be so sensative. You're intelligence has been insulted before--many times!!!

Thanks, Councilwoman Sherry. A.Realist is Barbara Sherry. You can deny it all you want but your writing style gives you away.

Guest Ms. DeRay

You are making a joke about this issue.I advise you to obtain the records on this matter so you will have the CORRECT FACTS.

Thanks, Councilwoman Sherry.  A.Realist is Barbara Sherry.  You can deny it all you want but your writing style gives you away.

The bottom line is we are stuck with this lousy Mayor and. we must start voting out his croanies from the town council and the Kearny Board of Education.This is the only way we can weaken his dictatorship and total ruin of this town. It's amazing how he does NOT face up to all the issues and problems jn the town his administration created. He seems to wish he could continue to blame Leo Vartan but that is no longer an option. keep in mind that at one time I was one of Santos' biggest supported but I have seen first hand how true the axiom "ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS"is in regards to the overall governing bodies, the KBOE, the Town Council and the Mayor's office. Words like NEOPOTISM, COLLUSION, HUDSON COUNTY POLITICS,HARRASSMENT AND INTIMIDATION TACTICS, are freely flowing in our town, more than ever but yet the Mayor is, according to his croanies,not responsible for any of it..WEAKEN SANTOS' GRIP BY VOTING OUT HIS CROANIES!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Councilwoman Sherry.  A.Realist is Barbara Sherry.  You can deny it all you want but your writing style gives you away.

The bottom line is we are stuck with this lousy Mayor and. we must start voting out his croanies from the town council and the Kearny Board of Education.This is the only way we can weaken his dictatorship and total ruin of this town. It's amazing how he does NOT face up to all the issues and problems jn the town his administration created. He seems to wish he could continue to blame Leo Vartan but that is no longer an option. keep in mind that at one time I was one of Santos' biggest supported but I have seen first hand how true the axiom "ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS"is in regards to the overall governing bodies, the KBOE, the Town Council and the Mayor's office. Words like NEOPOTISM, COLLUSION, HUDSON COUNTY POLITICS,HARRASSMENT AND INTIMIDATION TACTICS, are freely flowing in our town, more than ever but yet the Mayor is, according to his croanies,not responsible for any of it..WEAKEN SANTOS' GRIP BY VOTING OUT HIS CROANIES!!!!!!!!!

The bottom line is we are stuck with this lousy Mayor and. we must start voting out his croanies from the town council and the Kearny Board of Education.This is the only way we can weaken his dictatorship and total ruin of this town. It's amazing how he does NOT face up to all the issues and problems jn the town his administration created. He seems to wish he could continue to blame Leo Vartan but that is no longer an option. keep in mind that at one time I was one of Santos'  biggest supported but I have seen first hand how true the axiom "ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS"is in regards to the overall governing bodies, the KBOE, the Town Council and the Mayor's office. Words like NEOPOTISM, COLLUSION, HUDSON COUNTY POLITICS,HARRASSMENT AND INTIMIDATION TACTICS, are freely flowing in our town, more than ever but yet the Mayor is, according to his croanies,not responsible for any of it..WEAKEN SANTOS' GRIP BY VOTING OUT HIS CROANIES!!!!!!!!!

B)B) VOTE IRISH! SORRY LATINOS YOU TRIED! B)B)

Guest A. Realist

I have a great deal of respect for Mrs. Sherry and I was a great friend of her late husband. You can insisit all YOU want, but that doesn't make you right. I have given a host of clues, but to date, no one has guessed correctly. (One person did come close, though. Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was!))

While posting about the Zoning Board meeting, I went through the threads and found this post. I post under my own name, and only my own name. I would hope that Jim Mangin and I have sufficient history and mutual respect that we can debate openly and not under assumed names. Besides if you look closely, Realist has posted at times when I have been visible at various meetings, so it is physically impossible for me to be him. And I do believe it is a gentleman and I do believe, having sifted through the hints, that I know who he is. But I'm not telling.

While posting about the Zoning Board meeting, I went through the threads and found this post.  I post under my own name, and only my own name.  I would hope that Jim Mangin and I have sufficient history and mutual respect that we can debate openly and not under assumed names.  Besides if you look closely, Realist has posted at times when I have been visible at various meetings, so it is physically impossible for me to be him.  And I do believe it is a gentleman and I do believe, having sifted through the hints, that I know who he is.  But I'm not telling.

Barbara,

I've said it before - I post under my own name because I believe it lends credibility to what you say. And I've asked the webmaster to verify that the only posts from my isp are ones that I've signed.

I sincerely appreciate what you said about history and mutual respect, and I agree. But truthfully, I don't need a history with anyone to openly debate issues (issues, not personalities or alliances), or to answer any questions people may have. In elected office I've found that the biggest concern people have is to get an answer to their question. That's why I'm happy to do it.

Jim Mangin

Guest A. Realist

Let's see. So far I am reported to be Ken Davie, Dave Stevenson, Al Santos, Al Cifelli, Barbara Sherry, Laura Pettigrew and I think, Pee Wee Herman. I guess my writing style is a conglomeration of all of them. Interesting!

Unfortunately, all of the conjecturers have one thing in common--they're all wrong! Keep on trying. I promise if someone comes up with the correct ID, I'll confirm it.

Clue: It's all in the NAME.

Guest Ms. DeRay
While posting about the Zoning Board meeting, I went through the threads and found this post.  I post under my own name, and only my own name.  I would hope that Jim Mangin and I have sufficient history and mutual respect that we can debate openly and not under assumed names.  Besides if you look closely, Realist has posted at times when I have been visible at various meetings, so it is physically impossible for me to be him.  And I do believe it is a gentleman and I do believe, having sifted through the hints, that I know who he is.  But I'm not telling.

Ms B. Sherry, Still waiting for you to answer regarding the flooding here in the second ward.

Guest guest
I know, I know it's Frankie Arilotta, a realtor, get it?

Dont you find this odd that Ms. Sherry is only concerned about this person realist?I feel if she was so concerned she would answer some posts. I guess there is only one person who really cares and that seems to be Mr. Mangin.

Guest Guest
I have a great deal of respect for Mrs. Sherry and I was a great friend of her late husband. You can insisit all YOU want, but that doesn't make you right. I have given a host of clues, but to date, no one has guessed correctly. (One person did come close, though. Unfortunately, I can't remember who it was!))

Councilwoman Sherry, why don't you just tell everyone you are A. Realist? KOTW for sure can run your IP addresses and let us all know if A. Realist is Barbara Sherry. Tell us the truth now Mrs. Sherry. You don't want to lie do you.

Guest Guest 1
Dont you find this odd that Ms. Sherry is only concerned about this person realist?I feel if she was so concerned she would answer some posts. I guess there is only one person who really cares and that seems to be Mr. Mangin.

No, I don't find it odd. the mayor and council have adopted a "party line" not to respond on this or any other topics, you'll get no replies. Remember they're one voice.

Guest Guest 1

A great friend of Dennis Sherry could be anyone from Norman Doyle to Laura Pettigrew. Not a real big hint since Dennis had so many friends. Unlike you, he was a modest man.

Guest Guest
Councilwoman Sherry, why don't you just tell everyone you are A. Realist?  KOTW for sure can run your IP addresses and let us all know if A. Realist is Barbara Sherry.  Tell us the truth now Mrs. Sherry.  You don't want to lie do you.

KOTW how about it. Is Sherry lying about whether she is A. Realist? Sherry hasn't answered my post, so is she guilty?

Guest A. Realist
KOTW how about it. Is Sherry lying about whether she is A. Realist?  Sherry hasn't answered my post, so is she guilty?

I...er... I mean SHE did answer your post on July 4th in this topic. Is she guilty or are you gullible?

Guest guest
I...er... I mean SHE did answer your post on July 4th in this topic. Is she guilty or are you gullible?

She has not answered any posts here. She is only concerned about Realist. Just maybe its Barbara Sherry. Or maybe curly locks. As for Realist whoever you are go now the puppet show is calling you.

Archived