Tom Powell

Guest Harrisonian

lets weed out all the former members of AA
If you round up the ones that should attend AA meetings, plus the former AA members, we might be left with 2 on the council.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:ph34r: (Tom Powell): Let me build my two illegal homes, so I start collecting rent and get the hell out of this town. With 4 rent I can retire down the shore just fine. :ph34r::ph34r:

2004/03/11 Jersey Journal

Thu Pg 6, 379 words 

Harrison Avenue facelift under way 

Rose Duger, Journal correspondent

... League Soccer stadium for the MetroStars. Through the NPP, the town has already started to dress up Harrison Avenue with new street lights, which were designed to match street lights that lined the thoroughfare in the 1920s, according to NPP Coordinator Thomas Powell. Other plans call for new concrete sidewalks with pavers along the curbs, benches, new curbs and tree grates. The improvements are being financed through a $400,000 grant from the state Department of Transportation.... 

Millan once said,"I really don't care who takes credit, as long as the job gets done." So, Tom what have you done with Millan's program "SID"&"NPP"??

2003/01/23 Thu Pg 11, 568 words  No peace for the Neighborhood Preservation Program 

Steve Rosenberg, Journal staff writer ... should have been sent out to former NPP committee members, but said he announced at two consecutive council meetings that a new committee was going to be formed. "I met with members of the state NPP, Councilman (Anselmo) Millan and NPP Coordinator Thomas Powell and made my intentions known that I was going to appoint a new board," said McDonough. He added that board could be no more than 15 members and that 51 percent had to be from the district. Former committee members were angered... 

LOL and now nothing!!!

2001/04/05 Thu Pg 8, 264 words  Council OKs appointments, car purchase 

Rose Duger, Journal correspondent ... Rose Duger, Journal correspondent HARRISON - Town officials voted this week to appoint three people to positions on advisory boards and to purchase five vehicles for municipal departments. The council adopted a resolution Tuesday to appoint Thomas J. Powell as "monitor" for the Neighborhood Preservation Program, which was funded by a state grant nearly two years ago. The $500,000 grant will be spread out over four years and will be used for Harrison's Streetscape Project to revitalize... 

so who started this NPP? MR. MIL***

KOTW-note kotw did not touch this post.

Guest Sell outs

To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....To much traffic.....

Powell you and the Mayor, Higgins, Fife,...(the whole re-development board) are nothing but sell out. You sold yourself and bad enough, you sold the town to developers. What a nightmare to own property and live in Harrison.

• 3 months later...
Guest Memories part I
2005/05/22 Sun Pg 021,

949 words 

Ethics rule violators span state agencies -- Nearly 200 officials fail to file financial reports 

JOSH MARGOLIN ... PARK COMMISSION Kathryn Porter PASSAIC VALLEY SEWERAGE COMMISSION Anthony Ardis Carl Czaplicki Robert DeVita Louis Lanzillo Sheldon Lipke Angelina Paserchia Kenneth Pengatore Thomas Powell, PASSAIC VALLEY WATER COMMISSION Simon Grubin NEW JERSEY STATE PLANNING COMMISSION Michele Byers NEW JERSEY PUBLIC BROADCASTING AUTHORITY Gale Grossman n Michael Maggiano Gabriella Morris Betty Pawlowski Phyllis Salow-Kaye Donna Sanzari PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS COMMISSION James Mastriani NEW... 

go figure, I thought he was a nice guy?

***********[2 paragraphs]

2003/07/27 Sun Pg 001, 3511 words  Jersey's pipelines of cash and favors -- These water and sewer agencies hand out plenty of work and patronage to those with the right connections 

TED SHERMAN ... Harrison Mayor Raymond McDonough, a $68,337-a-year pipefitter, and Joseph Smith, the mayor of East Newark, who makes $74,638 as a senior industrial McDonough, a licensed plumber with more than 30 years of experience, said he asked Commissioner Thomas Powell - who works for the city of Harrison - for an application. But he said his hiring was not based on patronage or friendship. "I work with my hands. I work with tools every day. They need plumbers, carpenters and welders down... 

now this means that the conflict of too many town employees on the re-development board is true....... Yeah the mayor works with his handsss lol :D:P:lol:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest no backbone

I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied. It is my understanding that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted.

I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.  It is my understanding  that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted.

Not RUMOR that is the TRUTH.

• 2 weeks later...
misinformed once again.................check your facts before you put them  here ..............tp lives in town

after a couple of decades down the shore, TP moved back to harrison after his mother kicked the bucket. Inherited her house, and now will sell it and retire. WHo is kidding who here?? He Landed a nice job on PVSC. That fat bastard should go back down the shore and stay there.

HE is useless

misinformed once again.................check your facts before you put them  here ..............tp lives in town

The facts are. He moved away, for more than a decade, then comes back, and a job falls in his lap??? And he gets to rezone his home, and make more $$ Only to retire soon. Maggots like this guy should go, and never return. Parasite!

dont blame him, blame the town,he is only doing what everyone else is doing-WAIT till the sewer system fails because of two houses in the place of one trust me the sewer system is ready to let go ,its undersized NOW

Guest Father Flanagan
The facts are.  He moved away, for more than a decade, then comes back, and a job falls in his lap??? And he gets to rezone his home, and make more $$  Only to retire soon.  Maggots like this guy should go, and never return.  Parasite!

Little Jimmy, me boy ......Reading you posts I see a lot of anger and hostility. You should reflect upon your comments, try to understand the source of all this anger. Try to say something nice about someone, it will give you a good feeling and will begin to chase away all those issues that do you no good. Bless you me boy.

after a couple of decades down the shore,  TP moved back to harrison after his mother kicked the bucket. Inherited her house, and now will sell it and retire.  WHo is kidding who here?? He Landed a nice job on PVSC.  That fat bastard should go back down the shore and stay there.

HE is useless

HE MAY BE USELESS TO YOU,BECAUSE YOUR A LOSER,AND TO A LOSER EVERBODY IS USELESS. NOW GO TO THE BAR,OPEN A BEER, AND CONTINUE TO BE USELESS. THEN WHEN YOU HAVE TWO SIX PACKS IN YOU ,GO BACK TO THE COMPUTER,AND BE BRAVE AGAIN,FOR A SHORT WHILE. THEN WAKE UP TOMORROW AND STARTING BEING YOUR USELESS SELF ALL OVER AGAIN. "GROUND HOG DAY PAL"

HE MAY BE USELESS TO YOU,BECAUSE YOUR A LOSER,AND TO A LOSER EVERBODY IS USELESS. NOW GO TO THE BAR,OPEN A BEER, AND CONTINUE TO BE USELESS. THEN WHEN YOU HAVE TWO SIX PACKS IN YOU ,GO BACK TO THE COMPUTER,AND BE BRAVE AGAIN,FOR A SHORT WHILE. THEN WAKE UP TOMORROW AND STARTING BEING YOUR USELESS SELF ALL OVER AGAIN. "GROUND HOG DAY PAL"

Did that take you long to come up with that feeble crap??? Look, you moron. Continue to suckle to that fat bastards ballbag. Brave??? I dont drink, nor do I need a drink, to write what I want on this site, or to your face scumbag! Thats the difference, I woudl have no problem telling you , you are an asshole to your face. And there wouldnt be NADA you could do about it. Have I gotten your attention now JO?

Little Jimmy, me boy ......Reading you posts I see a lot of anger and hostility. You should reflect upon your comments, try to understand the source of all this anger.  Try to say something nice about someone, it will give you a good feeling and will begin to chase away all those issues that do you no good.  Bless you me boy.

Father, why are you stalking me again?? you were defrocked for your behavior at the CYO Dances. Leave me be, pervert! Father, are you reading all of Mr Hoff'a posts?? I see I have your attention!!! Its working!

Did that take you long to come up with that feeble crap???  Look, you moron.  Continue to suckle to that fat bastards ballbag.  Brave???  I dont drink, nor do I need a drink, to write what I want on this site, or to your face scumbag!  Thats the difference, I woudl have no problem telling you , you are an asshole to your face.  And there wouldnt be NADA you could do about it.  Have I gotten your attention now JO?

Jimmy Hoffa, I would bet my last dollar that you're an undersized runt. LOL

Did that take you long to come up with that feeble crap???  Look, you moron.  Continue to suckle to that fat bastards ballbag.  Brave???  I dont drink, nor do I need a drink, to write what I want on this site, or to your face scumbag!  Thats the difference, I woudl have no problem telling you , you are an asshole to your face.  And there wouldnt be NADA you could do about it.  Have I gotten your attention now JO?

YES YOU GOT MY ATTENTION,YOU BIG BAD BOY. YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH CALLING ME AN ASSHOLE,SINCE MOST OF YOUR TIME IS SPENT AT MY AHOLE. :lol::o

Archived