Tom Powell

Guest Harrisonian

Guest Guest
Hey Tom,

http://www.theobserver.com/currentissue/njdot.shtml

You forgot to mention that former Councilman Millan came up with the idea of beautifying the NJ Transit train trestle, and went as far as organizing those volunteers you refer to assist, a professional artist (working for free) to paint a mural on the trestle.  Tommy, did you forget that already?  The Observer in its usual style just gets half the story.  They missed the other half because they have no clue unless they are copying from some other source.  What does NJ Transit have to do with the Stickle Bridge (DOT)?  What redevelopment?  You mean the redevelopment that is not going to happen because the Harrison Redevelopment Board is illegal?  Read that in Harrison Community Coalition report.

harrison ave looks beautifull thanks to tom powell

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Black Tie

Is anyone going to the big event this on Saturday?

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

It may have rained all day in harrison, but there was not a ddrop of rain at that event on saturday - so you lose and tommy boy wins, AGAIN. he throws one great party - too bad you weren't on the guest list. and if you have a problem with him, keep it with him and keep his daughter out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.  It is my understanding  that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted.

Call our Mayor and ask him how Thomas Powell is allowed to build 2 two family homes on a piece of property thats not big enough!!

Mayor McDonough .(973)485-1230

each property is supposed to be 25 feet by 100 and they are not... or are we all going to get special privileges???

Tom was retired when he took the position as commissioner at PVSC. I would like to see Toms tax return from when he was in retirement till now. I believe he gets Benefits from the town and PVSC and a pension to boot. Why run for Mayor or any other political position. Why not just go along for the ride. The ride is more profitable and full of perks. Not to bad for someone who hasn't earned there political strips.

How's the beach Hopuse Tom?

Guest Guest
Wouldn't you like to be in his shoes,you jealous bitc
Nope, neither would you, especially if you knew whats coming! Anyway, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Guest Guest
Apr 6 2004, 05:54 PM Post #138 

Unregistered

Tommy boy!! you surprise me again!!!!! Your telling the people of Harrison we got these lights for free!!!!ha ha ha ha thats a good one. We pay about $40 each light. Yeah we got them for free, all we had to do was install them, but we pay $40 a month each one for maintanance. Nothing in this world is for free. SHAME ON YOU>>>>> STOP LYING ALREADY. YOUR NOT EVEN ON THE COUNCIL, BUT YOU SURE LIE ALOT!! LIKE THE MAYOR!!!!! 

What happen Tommy? Millan is gone and no more street lights, no sidewalks, no facades, no benches, no gazebos.........

Your just a loser and the town lost a lot when they lost Millan.

Millan for Mayor 2006, Hinchy should be his councilman. Hinchy is a good guy and can learn a lot by Millans side.

I agree, new slate 2006 and who ever runs and wins should remove Tom Powell!!!

Guest Guest

Please the Mayor has no chance of losing. He's going to get rid of the trouble makers again. Higins should run again and someone in the second ward will surprise you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

How's the shore house Tommy? Getting ready to move in? The way I see it is by the time you start your illegal two homes, you'll have seeped this town dry of as much $ as you can, Have it screwed up enough and have nothing to worry about because you won't be living here and when the taxes are to high you'll sell the homes.

• 4 weeks later...
What happen Tommy?  Millan is gone and no more street lights, no sidewalks, no facades, no benches, no gazebos.........

Your just a loser and the town lost a lot when they lost Millan.

Millan for Mayor 2006, Hinchy should be his councilman.  Hinchy is a good guy and can learn a lot by Millans side.

I agree, new slate 2006 and who ever runs and wins should remove Tom Powell!!!

Consider Apples for Mayor. Look at his Masterwork, East Newark.

• 2 weeks later...
We've missed you!!  Come enjoy a cold one.  Bring your friends Raymond and Pete as well!!///

Tom is a good hard working man,who along with the mayor turned this town around. now if we can weed out the lazy town employees we will really be in good shape

Guest Town Resident
Tom is a good hard working man,who along with the mayor turned this town around. now if we can weed out the lazy town employees we will really be in good shape

"Turned this town around" ?? If you mean the town is now going backwards, I agree.

lets weed out all the former members of AA

Archived