No Contract For 3 Years

Guest FireFighter

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Public Knowledge
so what does a fireman on average make per year including benefits?

Medical benefits right away and $57k after five years on the job. It's public record at Town Hall, anyone can check.

It doesn't sound like a whole lot to me considering the risk involved in the profession. I think Police & Fire deserve every bit of pay that they recieve just for that reason.

Guest Public Knowledge 2

Medical benefits right away and $57k after five years on the job. It's public record at Town Hall, anyone can check.

It doesn't sound like a whole lot to me considering the risk involved in the profession. I think Police & Fire deserve every bit of pay that they recieve just for that reason.

Kearny's Fire Dept is paid around the lowest in the state. Jersey City firemen make close to $80K in their fifth year and Elizabeth firemen make over $70k. Elizabeth and Kearny are very similar in size and makeup. I'm sure that everyone compains about salaries in those towns also. :D

Mr Mangin,

As A council member and the chairman of the Fire Committee, It would be in all parties best interest to have you sitting at the meetings . Don’t you think as  D'Arco's "boss" you should be able to tell him "you " or any other council members are going to sit in and work on negotiations with the unions in town?

Sounds good to me. Unfortunately, in all labor matters the Council acts as a "committee of the whole." Although recently some members are making individual decisions for "the whole."

Councilman Jim Mangin

Guest Spirit of Chantilly

These are precisely the kind of fights I had mentioned before. If, in your mind, someone is acting outside of the powers granted to them, then make it WELL known. Make sure that someone who assumes extra priveleges gets their feet held to the fire. Otherwise, the whole group takes the blame.

There is little reason to not expose the "annointed" few. Why should you accept blame for the actions of this group.

Because, Jim, if the shoe were on the other foot, they would you leave you swinging in the breeze. These are not nice people, just look to your right at the next council meeting. And somehow, she ran unopposed!!

Let me get this straight, the Mayor and Council are paying thousands of dollars to prevent the Fire Dept. from working a shift that will undoubtedly save the town thousands of dollars. They are also paying, monthly, the same amount they were paying anually for EMS coverage. They claim that the KVERS isn't providing them with all their financial information. They solved that problem by paying 10 fold to a company that will not show them any boks at all. All this must be a good deal for someone, certainly not the taxpayers!!

Guest yourbreakinmyheart

:D what are the risks.......falling out of bed

Guest liketobreakyourhead

:D what are the risks.......falling out of bed

Oh yeah that's right, Kearny never has any fires! What was I thinking? Hopefully your house won't be next you miserable human being! I also mentioned police being at risk, but that just makes it obvious that you must be one of them, harbouring all that jealousy. :D

How can you possibly compare police to firemen? What a statement! That doesn't even deserve a response.

Oh yeah, because running around giving all the teenagers a hard time is rough business right? Gimme a break! :D

Guest Brass Ones

Cry and Whine instead of sirens. That's a good one.

But, if I were a fireman and didn't get so much as a cost of living raise, I think I would make some noise myself.

As a matter of fact, no matter what job I had, three years without a raise would cause me to whine. Don't worry firemen, if nitwit gets his way and they take the sirens away, I'll ride and cry and whine for you.

As for the last poster, dude, you've got brass ones, because if it were you I'm sure you would be a dutiful employee no matter what.

Guest wishiwasafirefighter
Cry and Whine instead of sirens. That's a good one.

But, if I were a fireman and didn't get so much as a cost of living raise, I think I would make some noise myself.

As a matter of fact, no matter what job I had, three years without a raise would cause me to whine. Don't worry firemen, if nitwit gets his way and they take the sirens away, I'll ride and cry and whine for you.

As for the last poster, dude, you've got brass ones, because if it were you I'm sure you would be a dutiful employee no matter what.

B) Try walking a mile in a firefighter's boot's, then you can make a comment about his pay! :D One day when he leave's his home and say's goodby to his wife and kids it might be his last day alive. :D Anything can happen at any time. So remember this think real hard befor you speak! Have a fine day. :D

Guest wishiwasafirefighter
Cry and Whine instead of sirens.  That's a good one.

As a matter of fact, no matter what job I had, three years without a raise would cause me to whine.  Don't worry firemen, if nitwit gets his way and they take the sirens away, I'll ride and cry and whine for you.

B) Try walking a mile in a firefighter's boot's, then you can make a comment about his pay! :D One day when he leave's his home and say's goodby to his wife and kids it might be his last day alive. :D Anything can happen at any time. So remember this think real hard befor you speak! Have a fine day. B)

:D sorry I used the wrong quote! YOU know who it is to!

I have news for you,every day anyone leaves their home it could be their last,thats called fate. As far as jobs go,electricians,steelworkers,policemen, ect. all put themselves in harms way. You know why? Its called making a living. So get off the superman crap. Why dont they have a contract? I would point the finger at both sides for not coming to a compromise. If you dont like your job or the terms....quit!

Guest areukidding
I have news for you,every day anyone leaves their home it could be their last,thats called fate. As far as jobs go,electricians,steelworkers,policemen, ect. all put themselves in harms way. You know why? Its called making a living. So get off the superman crap. Why dont they have a contract? I would point the finger at both sides for not coming to a compromise. If you dont like your job or the terms....quit!

:D Electricians as a safety net don't work on live wires they shut off the power if they can! It is dangerous I agree, but they work in a controlled environment. A Fire or EMS or MVA or HAZ MAT call is not a controlled scene. So there is or was not any superman crap as you stated. Just some information for you to think about. Never did I slight anyone or any job! so chill and think before you speak! The KFD deserve the pay and health benefits they get. As for a compromise, there was no compromise from the Town of Kearny side just give backs! So yes the Town of Kearny is to blame as far as I concerned. :D

:D Electricians as a safety net don't work on live wires they shut off the power if they can! It is dangerous I agree, but they work in a controlled environment. A Fire or EMS or MVA or HAZ MAT call is not a controlled scene. So there is or was not any superman crap as you stated. Just some information for you to think about. Never did I slight anyone or any job! so chill and think before you speak! The KFD deserve the pay and health benefits they get. As for a compromise, there was no compromise from the Town of Kearny side just give backs! So yes the Town of Kearny is to blame as far as I concerned. :D

You obviously dont know what your talking about.Besides that we all work for the almighty dollar and choose our job.

Guest areukidding

You obviously dont know what your talking about.Besides that we all work for the almighty dollar and choose our job.

:D I know what I am talking about! I did not want to go into every job detail! If you cant differentiate between the different work force jobs then I will not waste my time explaining it to you! But stay safe you, could have a hot French fry fall on you!

Can someone explain to me why we are paying 30 grand per month to some scam outfit for EMS services instesd of having the fire dept. provide EMS coverage? Why should we pay an outside co. for a service should be done by the fire dept?

Can someone explain to me why we are paying 30 grand per month to some scam outfit for EMS services instesd of having the fire dept. provide EMS coverage? Why should we pay an outside co. for a service should be done by the fire dept?

The town would have to hire more men to cover 27/7. The salary & benefits would most likley be greater than the 30 grand a month. I'm sure they did that math!

Archived