New Firefighters

Guest Buff

Guest Taxpayer_Guest
I did ask a fireman once at a fire scene why they were not in the building looking for people, and they rplied they were ordered to "stand-down."  They had no problem letting me, in civilian clothes, to go in to look.  Thats having a little balls and not just squirting water.

We're so proud of you and your little balls. You're such a manly man. Stupid maybe, but manly just the same. A trained firefighter is ordered not to enter a building; obviously for some safety reasons; and yet you are compelled to question their orders. How would you feel if someone had nothing better to do than question you on every move you made at work? Especially if that person had no background in your field.

People in this town have got to back off and let the trained safety professionals do their job. Everyone thinks they're an expert, when they really know nothing or very little about fighting fires or keeping the peace. Get off your ego trip, get off your high horse and let people do the work they are trained to do.

Trained professionals??? Since when do you guys need a college degree??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest A Firefighter

Okay wise guy,

Maybe some of us don't have college degrees, but who are you to question whether or not we are trained professionals. In the last 24 months we've trained on just about every aspect of the fire service that a person could think of. Specifically,

ROPES AND KNOTS - VENTILATION - FORCIBLE ENTRY - SALVAGE AND OVERHAUL - PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS - SCBA TRAINING - AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER SYSTEMS - LADDERS - STANDPIPE OPERATIONS - BUILDING CONSTRUCTION - FIRESTREAMS - VENTILATION - FIREFIGHTER SAFETY - EXPOSURE PROTECTION - COLLAPSE OF BURNING BUILDINGS - WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION - EMERGENCY MAYDAY - AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER SYSTEMS - EMERGENCY DECONTAMINATION - PERSONNEL ACCOUNTABILITY SYS. - F/F & WORKZONE SAFETY - MASS CASUALTY INCIDENT - RADIO COMMUNICATIONS - CONFINED SPACE AWARENESS AND OPERATIONS - LIVE BURN TRAINING - and MUCH MORE.

This is not to mention on-going EMT training that we go through on a weekly basis. * Eat... yes we do, * Sleep... what are we supposed to do at 3 in the morning when there are no emergencies? * Shit... who doesn't? * B**ch and Moan... doesn't everybody from time to time? Wouldn't you complain if you put your life on the line and all the town officials do in return is rape you during contract negotiations time? Hey, we're not perfect, but I have seven words for you (listen closely)

1) TRY 2) HARDER 3) ON 4) THE 5) NEXT 6) ENTERANCE 7) EXAM.

Sleep well tonight. If I'm "lucky" I may also.

Okay wise guy,

Maybe some of us don't have college degrees, but who are you to question whether or not we are trained professionals. In the last 24 months we've trained on just about every aspect of the fire service that a person could think of. Specifically,

ROPES AND KNOTS - VENTILATION - FORCIBLE ENTRY - SALVAGE AND OVERHAUL - PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS - SCBA TRAINING - AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER SYSTEMS - LADDERS - STANDPIPE OPERATIONS - BUILDING CONSTRUCTION - FIRESTREAMS - VENTILATION - FIREFIGHTER SAFETY - EXPOSURE PROTECTION - COLLAPSE OF BURNING BUILDINGS - WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION - EMERGENCY MAYDAY - AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER SYSTEMS - EMERGENCY DECONTAMINATION - PERSONNEL ACCOUNTABILITY SYS. - F/F & WORKZONE SAFETY - MASS CASUALTY INCIDENT - RADIO COMMUNICATIONS - CONFINED SPACE AWARENESS AND OPERATIONS - LIVE BURN TRAINING - and MUCH MORE.

This is not to mention on-going EMT training that we go through on a weekly basis. * Eat... yes we do, * Sleep... what are we supposed to do at 3 in the morning when there are no emergencies? * Shit... who doesn't? * B**ch and Moan... doesn't everybody from time to time? Wouldn't you complain if you put your life on the line and all the town officials do in return is rape you during contract negotiations time? Hey, we're not perfect, but I have seven words for you (listen closely)

1) TRY 2) HARDER 3) ON 4) THE 5) NEXT 6) ENTERANCE 7) EXAM.

Sleep well tonight. If I'm "lucky" I may also.

6) ENTERANCE Nice spelling job. Maybe you should have gotten that college degree. Why don't you tell us how much you made last year for all of the danger you placed yourself in for our benefit and safety. Oh, by the way, people who work on a 3rd shift usually do just that, not sleep.

That means anyone who has any job in town should just be given a cot to lay down when they are not busy. Thats real proactive. If you are so well trained, why do East Newark, Kearny, and Jersey City have to come to town for every little thing your "training' includes. Look stupid, now you sound stupid. Get a real mans job, coward.

Guest Guest 99
That means anyone who has any job in town should just be given a cot to lay down when they are not busy. Thats real proactive. If you are so well trained, why do East Newark, Kearny, and Jersey City have to come to town for every little thing your "training' includes. Look stupid, now you sound stupid. Get a real mans job, coward.

We're talking about KEARNY, stupid.

Guest John Q. Citizen

To the firefighter posting here,

You don't have to justify your profession to anyone. It's obvious this pinhead is jealous of what you do. His pathetic rantings about the FD only exposes the dissatisfaction with his own life. He is to be pitied, not debated.

I read an article not very long ago that the fireladies went to a fire and started a "defensive attack." In regular words to people as to not get confused, that means to run your chicken ass back to the truck and sqirt water from as far as possible. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I read an article not very long ago that the fireladies went to a fire and started a "defensive attack."  In regular words to people as to not get confused, that means to run your chicken ass back to the truck and sqirt water from as far as possible.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

What a fu**ing piece of shit you are.

JW

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest RenoHightower
I read an article not very long ago that the fireladies went to a fire and started a "defensive attack."  In regular words to people as to not get confused, that means to run your chicken ass back to the truck and sqirt water from as far as possible.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

What a fu**king piece of shit you are.

JW

Second that last!

Guest me too

JW

Second that last!

:angry: you are a piece of ****

• 2 weeks later...

JW

Second that last!

:ph34r: you are a piece of ****

"Fireladies" ?? Sounds like another disgruntled, jealous cop. Stick another donut in your fat mouth.

I'm reading these posts and wondering how many of the negative posters have ever been in a fire? I unfortunatly have been and the one thing I clearly remember doing, after we left the house with nothing but our pajamas on and all of our possesions gone, was walking up to a firefighter and asking him what on earth possesses him to run into a burning building, when people are running out. It was over 10 years ago and it still amazes me that people actually do it. That fire was the second most devastating thing that ever happened to me (burying my son was the first.) Thankfully no one was hurt but to this day, the first thing I do when out, is look for the fire exits and extinguishers. It's always in the back of my mind. I hope to God it doesn't happen to my worst enemies, but please before there are any further negative postings, just think what firefighters truly do. You can bash them on this site....but I hope you never need them.

Guest ALincoln
R E G I O N A L I Z A T I O N> NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAVE MONEY ON TAXES>>>>>>>>>>DO SOMETHING POSTIVE FOR THE TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taxes s**k but taxes we all must pay, if our administration did a slow steady increase of our taxes instead of drastically raising them after an election is over evry 4 years then maybe it wouldnt be so bad ...then again less then half come out and vote so they get to do what they wish...Regionalize would only work if all 3 towns were completely consolidated into one ..but that will never happen so try and rgionalize segments and you lose service and not save a dollar .. do something positve think and vote...speak out at the town meeting not here.

Guest Alincoln

What's "A real mans job",, i guess yours is "guest"

Guest KPDpipes

JW

Second that last!

:ph34r: you are a piece of ****

"Fireladies" ?? Sounds like another disgruntled, jealous cop. Stick another donut in your fat mouth.

Actually, Kearny Fire and PD get along pretty well. The "Fireladies" person is from the harrison board, which for some reason has filtered over here.

Guest Kearny Taxpayer

"Get a real man's job, coward ". Huh ?? If being a firefighter is not a real man's job, then I don't know what is. I would like to know what the idiot that wrote that would consider a "real man's job". Sounds like someone that flunked the fire exam.

"Get a real man's job, coward ". Huh ?? If being a firefighter is not a real man's job, then I don't know what is. I would like to know what the idiot that wrote that would consider a "real man's job". Sounds like someone that flunked the fire exam.

Sounds like your a fireman...

Guest Kearny taxpayer

That's right, Hoffa, I'm a firefighter , a real man with a real job. And you couldn't handle it. "Sorry, Charlie, we only take real men" !

That's right, Hoffa, I'm a firefighter , a real man with a real job. And you couldn't handle it. "Sorry, Charlie, we only take real men" !

Don't get mad, i was just saying that everytime someone dosent agree with you the first thing you bring up is that they must have failed the test.

I am tno saying its a bad job, but not everyone wants to be a firefighter.

More cops and plumbers die a yead then firefighters.

Your a firefighter and a tax payer in town?

Well i guess your only 1 of 5-6 that live in town.

Archived