Tax Payer Revolt Meeting

Guest *John Leadbeater*

Guest Also LOL
NO MAYOR,COUNCIL IDIOT THERE WAS 35 CONCERNED KEARNY RESIDENTS IN ATTENDANCE. NEXT MEETING THERE WILL BE ALOT MORE KEARNY RESIDENTS MORON.

You really expect anyone to believe 35? Come on, residents are way too smart to buy that (or to have shown up).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest No Answers
Dear John,

Sounds like Thinking Kearnyite really hit the sweet spot. Yes, you are living off the taxpayer-paid system. Let's do basic math and basic fact review.

How much a year is the taxpayer PAYING you for your disability pension?

How many years did you work for PATH?

Where did your injury take place?

Why not take a different, ligth duty job with PATH instead of collecting the disability pension for the rest of your life?

How did you manage your real estate business in Wildwood with your "disability"?

Truly yours,

Thinking Kearnyite

Hey John,

Care to anwer these questions? Or are you in Wildwood already thanks to the taxpayer-paid disability pension you're getting?

Guest Guest
Thinking Kearnyite,

I will be glad to discuss MY medical disabilities with you. Anyone who knows me, knows what hell I have gone thru since I shattered my heal and ankle some 18 years ago. Never mind mentioning the loss of feelings in my hands and legs, which caused me to just fall at any time, from the herniated discs in my neck. Add in the two herniated discs in my back and loss of vision in my left eye. You should also know that I continued to work even after the medical professionals tried to get me to leave.

Living off the system is not what I am doing. For years I worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time and still coached three or four baseball teams. I have done plenty to be able to talk about YOUR new job at town hall, and how that is another case of pay to play. Just look at this weeks Kearny Journal. Did I not tell everyone the taxes were going through the roof AGAIN. Blaming the police and fireman is a copout. Not putting money into the pension system was the problem. If that were done the taxes would have gone way up before and election and you and your friends would not have a job today.But then again you know that dont you? That would have gotten all your friends voted out of office last year.

PS. I signed my name to this, lets see if you are Women enough to sign yours next time. I venture to say you WILL NOT

"lets see if you are Women enough"

...nice insult for a Man in politics....

Guest Guest
Dear Kearnyites,

We are having a "taxed enough already" meeting at the LCCC on Wednesday June 23rd at 7:30 PM. All persons interested in getting involved with this movement are asked to attend and voice your opinion. For too long now, Kearny has been a one party town. We need to have our elected officials be responsive to us. Just look at the wasteful spending going on in town. Did we really need a clerk in the town clerks office when we already have three women in there? I think not. For too long many of you have voiced your opinion to me but have not gotten the courage up to attend a meeting and question our officials. That ends now. Please join with me and a bunch of friends to try and take our town back.

Thank you,

John Leadbeater

With a turnout of approximately .000875% of Kearny's population attending, is revolt the right word? Maybe minor disturbance would be better.

Guest Guest
Oh, wow! Everybody who voted for Leadbeater was there! :lol:

What a shame that good people trying to get other people involved should have to exposed to low lives like you. I hope more people show up at the next meeting. At least someone in this town is trying to do something besides the same old, same old! KUDOS!

Guest Guest
With a turnout of approximately .000875% of Kearny's population attending, is revolt the right word? Maybe minor disturbance would be better.

What percetnage of the average Voter Turnout was it????? that might ramp up the Importance a bit.

As far Leadhead's pension... last time I checked, Port Authority was a Private Corporation, not taxpayer funded. He's an idiot, but at least go after him on real issues, not this nonsense.

Guest Guest
What a shame that good people trying to get other people involved should have to exposed to low lives like you. I hope more people show up at the next meeting. At least someone in this town is trying to do something besides the same old, same old! KUDOS!

You're half right. Leadbeater is trying to do something, just like he tried to do something when he ran for mayor.

He lost, and he lost for a reason. It's not enough to try to do something. You have to have concrete ideas how you're going to improve things. Leadbeater doesn't have any plans for making things better. He complains but that's not governing. And since complaint is all he has to offer, his meetings don't amount to much more than a whine sessions for people who like to complain.

Guest Guest

I don't know and I don't pretend to know the details of Mr. Leadbeater's disability. However, the man and his family have worked and have paid into the system so if medical experts deem him unfit for work, so be it. It is none of my business. Move on from that. At least he is using his time wisely and productively - getting involved in town activities and working to try to improve Kearny. Why don't you (the nasty poster because I release that I responded to the wrong post :) ) start your own group to improve conditions in town?

Guest TRULY CONCERNED
What percetnage of the average Voter Turnout was it????? that might ramp up the Importance a bit.

As far Leadhead's pension... last time I checked, Port Authority was a Private Corporation, not taxpayer funded. He's an idiot, but at least go after him on real issues, not this nonsense.

John Leadbeater`s pension is no BODY`S BUSINESS! And for you to call him a idiot,you must not know him that well.As for POST=`106336`the only response you can give Him/Her is no response at all!!!!

Guest Fact Finder

In a November election, 35 is about 0.20% (that's one-fifth of one percent).

No. The Port Authority (full name Port Authority of NEW YORK and NEW JERSEY) is a PUBLIC AGENCY created by the States of New York and New Jersey. Everytime I pay $8 at one of the tunnels or airport taxes on my air line tickets or my PATH fare, I'm paying for Port Authority employees, including pensions. Public commissions, agencies and authorities are part of the layers of government that's taxing and feeing to death NJ and NY residents.

Guest Real Taxpayer

If you're concerned about your property taxes, then go to the next Mayor and Council Meeting and voice your opinion. It's Tuesday, July 20 at the Kearny High School Auditorium at 6 PM.

Guest Tea Party Truth Teller
I don't know and I don't pretend to know the details of Mr. Leadbeater's disability. However, the man and his family have worked and have paid into the system so if medical experts deem him unfit for work, so be it. It is none of my business. Move on from that. At least he is using his time wisely and productively - getting involved in town activities and working to try to improve Kearny. Why don't you (the nasty poster because I release that I responded to the wrong post :) ) start your own group to improve conditions in town?

Leadbeater has received in monthly disability checks WAY MORE than he deducted for disability over his entire career while working for the Port Authority PATH. He's been getting disability for almost a decade now and he's only in his 50s. Joe Q. Public has to pay him that monthly check. That's what I call public assistance. More frustrating is that he's running an off-payroll real estate business at the same time. Why should my money that I pay at the tunnels and airports and fare machines go to people like that?

You're half right. Leadbeater is trying to do something, just like he tried to do something when he ran for mayor.

He lost, and he lost for a reason. It's not enough to try to do something. You have to have concrete ideas how you're going to improve things. Leadbeater doesn't have any plans for making things better. He complains but that's not governing. And since complaint is all he has to offer, his meetings don't amount to much more than a whine sessions for people who like to complain.

Anyone that strives to do better, or more, deserves credit. You don't need to agree with them, but they shouldn't be derided because they think there might be a better way. This council has been puppets to its master for far too long. I am not talking divisive dissent like what we currently have in the nation's capitol, but rather a constructive debate. This has been lacking for far too long in Kearny. Any voice that is not in lock step with the Mayor is set aside, or ignored completely.

As for ideas not being enough, I disagree. The President ran on a campaign based around a dissatified electorate, he PROMISED change, no specifics, no real plan. Since that time, he has passed legislation that has, as yet to be fully understand, (even by some of those who voted for it, which can never be good for us.) Our President has also taking to assigning blame, which will never be confused for leadership by rational people. I have yet to see a speech where he is not pointing a finger at someone else.

Guest Guest
Leadbeater has received in monthly disability checks WAY MORE than he deducted for disability over his entire career while working for the Port Authority PATH. He's been getting disability for almost a decade now and he's only in his 50s. Joe Q. Public has to pay him that monthly check. That's what I call public assistance. More frustrating is that he's running an off-payroll real estate business at the same time. Why should my money that I pay at the tunnels and airports and fare machines go to people like that?

Pretty good for someone who knows nothing about Leadbeater. He has metal plates in both his neck and foot from injuries, not to mention 2 herniated discs in his back from being hurt on the job. He continued working when people like yoou would have left years earlier. But then again you know better don't you

Guest Really?
Pretty good for someone who knows nothing about Leadbeater. He has metal plates in both his neck and foot from injuries, not to mention 2 herniated discs in his back from being hurt on the job. He continued working when people like yoou would have left years earlier. But then again you know better don't you

Yet he can run his own real estate company buying, selling and renting a bunch of buildings in Wildwood. I guess the "neck metal plate" doesn't really get in the way if there's money to be made?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest True Tea Partyer
If you're concerned about your property taxes, then go to the next Mayor and Council Meeting and voice your opinion. It's Tuesday, July 20 at the Kearny High School Auditorium at 6 PM.

I went to the Council meeting in the high school. 200 people were there, most of them town employees. John Leadbeater was NOT in attendance. Where was he?

Guest Kearny Resident
I went to the Council meeting in the high school. 200 people were there, most of them town employees. John Leadbeater was NOT in attendance. Where was he?

Leadbeater was caught between a rock and a hard place. He had to stay away. Why? Leadbeater wants to be the guy who can lower property taxes. He also wants to be the guy who will give raises and promotions to the town employees. He couldn't take both sides when both sides were in the room.

Guest guest
Leadbeater was caught between a rock and a hard place. He had to stay away. Why? Leadbeater wants to be the guy who can lower property taxes. He also wants to be the guy who will give raises and promotions to the town employees. He couldn't take both sides when both sides were in the room.

Are you for real? When has Leadbeater ever been afraid to take a side? I know the first thing he would do is get rid of all the attorneys and hire a full time engineer instead of paying them for every single thing they do. I also know he would do away with the mayors aide and the new clerk in the town clerks office. I also believe him when he said he would not lay off people but would centralize some of the duplication of services and lose positions through attrition. You see, you are blinded by your hate for the man but if he were a Democrat he would still be in office all these years later. I know because he helped so many people when he was a Councilman. You continue to show how ignorant you are by your statements. Be fair if someone needed something done who did they call? Leadbeater. Thats who

Guest Kearny Resident
Are you for real? When has Leadbeater ever been afraid to take a side? I know the first thing he would do is get rid of all the attorneys and hire a full time engineer instead of paying them for every single thing they do. I also know he would do away with the mayors aide and the new clerk in the town clerks office. I also believe him when he said he would not lay off people but would centralize some of the duplication of services and lose positions through attrition. You see, you are blinded by your hate for the man but if he were a Democrat he would still be in office all these years later. I know because he helped so many people when he was a Councilman. You continue to show how ignorant you are by your statements. Be fair if someone needed something done who did they call? Leadbeater. Thats who

Leadbeater didn't show up to the Council meeting. He chickened out. NO ONE knows what his position is on the budget is because he didnt' show up. That's classic Leadbeater. Whenever there was a tough vote on a budget when he was on the Council, he would also skip town then.

Guest guest
Leadbeater didn't show up to the Council meeting. He chickened out. NO ONE knows what his position is on the budget is because he didnt' show up. That's classic Leadbeater. Whenever there was a tough vote on a budget when he was on the Council, he would also skip town then.

You are a clown. Leadbeater voted on all budgets. Guess you were not part of the Kearny Family back then. Since you still do not live in town, I must say this sounds like sour grapes because he went after you last election.

Guest Kearny Resident
You are a clown. Leadbeater voted on all budgets. Guess you were not part of the Kearny Family back then. Since you still do not live in town, I must say this sounds like sour grapes because he went after you last election.

Fact: Leadbeater didn't show up at the last Council meeting when the budget and a lay-off plan were both adopted. Put another way, he didn't care enough to show up to support town employees. Also, for Leadbeater to show up, he'd have to address the crisis created by Governor Christie's cuts in aid and Christie's tax cap. Leadbeater won't do that.

Fact: You can't re-write history. Go to the Clerk's office. Ask for budgets from the 1990s. Leadbeater was a no-show then too. Ask the Republicans who sat with him on the Council then.

My opinion: Calling anyone a "clown" is childish. Be constructive.

Cold Fact: I'm not who you think I am.

Another Cold Fact: Santos has beaten Leadbeater four times now. That says alot.

Guest guest

The only thing that says to me is he has guts to try and get elected in Kearny even though the town is made up of more Spanish and Portuguese than any other nationalities. It also says that they do not care about their taxes going up, up, up and away.

Lastly he at least tries to make a difference. Have you?

Guest Kearny Resident

The only thing that says to me is he has guts to try and get elected in Kearny even though the town is made up of more Spanish and Portuguese than any other nationalities. It also says that they do not care about their taxes going up, up, up and away.

Lastly he at least tries to make a difference. Have you?

Not according to the last census, there are more Irish descent and Italian descent residents than Portuguese:

ANCESTRY (single or multiple)

Total population

Total ancestries reported

Arab

Czech1

Danish

Dutch

English

French (except Basque)1

French Canadian1

German

Greek

Hungarian

Irish1

Italian

Lithuanian

Norwegian

Polish

Portuguese

Russian

Scotch-Irish

Scottish

Slovak

Subsaharan African

Swedish

Swiss

Ukrainian

United States or American

Welsh

West Indian (excluding Hispanic groups)

Guest guest
Not according to the last census, there are more Irish descent and Italian descent residents than Portuguese:

ANCESTRY (single or multiple)

Total population

Total ancestries reported

Arab

Czech1

Danish

Dutch

English

French (except Basque)1

French Canadian1

German

Greek

Hungarian

Irish1

Italian

Lithuanian

Norwegian

Polish

Portuguese

Russian

Scotch-Irish

Scottish

Slovak

Subsaharan African

Swedish

Swiss

Ukrainian

United States or American

Welsh

West Indian (excluding Hispanic groups)

Those numbers are GREAT, but they only total 27835. What are the other 16,323 residents?

Guest Kearny Resident
Those numbers are GREAT, but they only total 27835. What are the other 16,323 residents?

Okay. Doesn't change the fact that the Irish and Italians are still the largest groups in Kearny:

Mexican

Puerto Rican

Cuban

Dominican (Dominican Republic)

Costa Rican

Guatemalan

Honduran

Nicaraguan

Panamanian

Salvadoran

Other Central American

Argentinean