Drink up, Kool-Aiders

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

The Loony Left got their wish, Barack Hussein Obama is our next President. I will sit back and watch all the wonderful things he promised us. I won't get too comfortable though, Biden promised us a major international crisis within the first 6 months.

I have two suggestions for Obama's cabinet. William Ayres / Homeland Security Director (who knows more about terrorism?) and Reverend Wright / Secretary of State (diplomacy is his forte).

So drink up, boys. Enjoy your victory, the Republicans have been vanquished. Watch your mailboxes for the free money.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Combat Vet
The Loony Left got their wish, Barack Hussein Obama is our next President. I will sit back and watch all the wonderful things he promised us. I won't get too comfortable though, Biden promised us a major international crisis within the first 6 months.

I have two suggestions for Obama's cabinet. William Ayres / Homeland Security Director (who knows more about terrorism?) and Reverend Wright / Secretary of State (diplomacy is his forte).

So drink up, boys. Enjoy your victory, the Republicans have been vanquished. Watch your mailboxes for the free money.

Your venom has led you into GOP oblivion and yet you continue your hateful ways. YOU are a minority, get used to it. Most AMERICANS do not agree with you. You're a sore loser, but a loser all the same. Tune in later for Rush's next planned operation to stop America from going forward. Operation Titanic succeeded.

Why don't you do our nation a favor and walk into the Passaic River, Tooby? :angry:

Man, let it go.

My fellow American, none of us expects free money in the mail. Maybe that's why you can't understand this.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

That is the dream that is alive again. Come with us. It is a wonderful, exciting place where great things are possible. The price is our hard work.

Do you have any idea at all what Obama promised us? Why not let us know what YOU think he promised.

Guest *Autonomous*

Go cry, emo boy.

My fellow American, none of us expects free money in the mail. Maybe that's why you can't understand this.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

That is the dream that is alive again. Come with us. It is a wonderful, exciting place where great things are possible. The price is our hard work.

You must have forgotten one of Obama's promises already. 95% will not get their taxes raised and since 40% don't pay taxes, they'll get free money in the mail.

Sounds like that promise might be in conflict with the "Ask not" quote.

Guest Patriot
Your venom has led you into GOP oblivion and yet you continue your hateful ways. YOU are a minority, get used to it. Most AMERICANS do not agree with you. You're a sore loser, but a loser all the same. Tune in later for Rush's next planned operation to stop America from going forward. Operation Titanic succeeded.

"Combat Vet" ?? A food fight in your high school cafeteria doesn't qualify you as a combat vet. Make me laugh.

Guest Lincoln Logger

Fellow American, I do not think so. What wonderful time do you live in? Time will tell what kind of president he will be. I am not ready to crown anyone as king, especially the day after his inauguration the market drops 450 points. There will be difficult times ahead. I hope he is man enough to make the right decisions. I still and not ready to call them wonderful times yet. Come back and talk to me in 4 years and then we will see.

Congratulations on your victory, for myself and those like myself who had hopes of retiring soon and now have to work at least another 5 years, we will see.

Congratulations on your victory, for myself and those like myself who had hopes of retiring soon and now have to work at least another 5 years, we will see. As much as you condemn the Republican Party, the first 6 years were good ones financially, even with through the turmoil of 9/11. I do not ever wish that on any president and President Bush got us through that difficult time. For that I do commend him and for what he has done to rebuild the United States military. Since you were not there you would not know how inadequate the equipment our soldiers had to fight with originally and the strides that they have made to make a better war fighter. Bringing the soldiers back alive is something that Bush started and hoping Obama can finish.

Guest wildbill
Why don't you do our nation a favor and walk into the Passaic River, Tooby? :angry:

May be it would be prudent to use some of those Home Land Security monies to buy a rescue boat with crew and all that goes on on the river

Guest Lincoln Logger

I would like you to lay out here what you think Obama's campaign promises are and what you expect him to accomplish. This way it's in black and white. No metaphor intended. You think the dream is alive; all I see is the country only getting worst day by day. So here is your forum to lay out what your expectations of Obama are and please don’t be general. We all want world peace and this isn’t a beauty pageant. You are never one short on words so now is not the time to be shy.

Are you ever out of the loop! Go out and talk to the "Average Joe" who voted for Obama, most of them really do expect the checks to start rolling in. I've heard them at work so I'm not making this up.

Don't get me wrong, I too am really proud of my country, we have come along way with electing a black american president. I think/hope that racisim can be a thing of the past once and for all in our county becouse of this.

Not to worry.

I expect here will be less incompetent cronies in the Federal Government (Remember Brownie the clownie of New Orleans fame?) and the politicization of the justice department may be reduced. The ineffectual and useless such Madame Rice will be replaced. If you think about it, what did she ever do?

However, Obama's appointment of Emanuel Rahm shows us that not much will change. Rahm is a wall street boy who is very supportive of Bush's preemptive foreign policy initiatives with respect to the Middle East. I suspect we'll be in Iraq and Afghanistan a long time (which I'm sure you're happy about).

And you don't have to worry about him weakening the patriot act or stopping the enhanced wire tapping done under the current administration. Obama did vote for both.

And if he says he'll close Guantanamo, believe it when you see it. After all, he did say he was against the patriot act before he voted for it.

FactCheck: Promised to repeal Patriot Act, then voted for it

Clinton took direct aim at Obama and connects fairly solidly: "You said you would vote against the Patriot Act; you came to the Senate, you voted for it."

Clinton is correct to say that Obama opposed the Patriot Act during his run for the Senate. She's relying on a 2003 Illinois National Organization for Women questionnaire in which Obama wrote that he would vote to "repeal the Patriot Act" or replace it with a "new, carefully crafted proposal." When it came time to reauthorize the law in 2005, though, Obama voted in favor of it. He started out opposing it: In Dec. 2005, Obama voted against ending debate--a position equivalent to declaring a lack of support for the measure.

Then in February of that year, Obama said on the floor that he would support th Patriot Act's reauthorization. In March 2006, Obama both voted for cloture and for the Patriot Act reauthorization conference report.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Barack_Oba...nd_Security.htm

As far as progressive social programs, you'll find that Obama can be conservative. Many California residents are upset because the constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage referendum passed. They're wailing that California we elected a "progressive" president yet the gay marriage ban passed. Wondering how can that be.

Haven't they figured out that Obama is against gay marriage? Actually, Obama's primary constituency, the black folk, voted for the ban by 70%. I think you will find that Obama is lot more conservative than you have been lead to believe.

Although Barack Obama has said that he supports civil unions, he is against gay marriage. In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

Barack Obama did vote against a Federal Marriage Amendment and opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996.

http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/lesbianact...BarackObama.htm

Looking at the above you can see that it not as bad as you think.

I would like you to lay out here what you think Obama's campaign promises are and what you expect him to accomplish. This way it's in black and white. No metaphor intended. You think the dream is alive; all I see is the country only getting worst day by day. So here is your forum to lay out what your expectations of Obama are and please don’t be general. We all want world peace and this isn’t a beauty pageant. You are never one short on words so now is not the time to be shy.

Yes, it is getting worse. That's why we elected Obama.

Are you ever out of the loop! Go out and talk to the "Average Joe" who voted for Obama, most of them really do expect the checks to start rolling in. I've heard them at work so I'm not making this up.

Don't get me wrong, I too am really proud of my country, we have come along way with electing a black american president. I think/hope that racisim can be a thing of the past once and for all in our county becouse of this.

Tue. night I saw a woman being interviewed in Chicago, she said she was so happy because "Obama would help her with her mortgage and car payment". This is the kind of person that voted for Obama, painfully naive and hopelessly stupid.

Fellow American, I do not think so. What wonderful time do you live in? Time will tell what kind of president he will be. I am not ready to crown anyone as king, especially the day after his inauguration the market drops 450 points. There will be difficult times ahead. I hope he is man enough to make the right decisions. I still and not ready to call them wonderful times yet. Come back and talk to me in 4 years and then we will see.

Congratulations on your victory, for myself and those like myself who had hopes of retiring soon and now have to work at least another 5 years, we will see.

Congratulations on your victory, for myself and those like myself who had hopes of retiring soon and now have to work at least another 5 years, we will see. As much as you condemn the Republican Party, the first 6 years were good ones financially, even with through the turmoil of 9/11. I do not ever wish that on any president and President Bush got us through that difficult time. For that I do commend him and for what he has done to rebuild the United States military. Since you were not there you would not know how inadequate the equipment our soldiers had to fight with originally and the strides that they have made to make a better war fighter. Bringing the soldiers back alive is something that Bush started and hoping Obama can finish.

I didn't say these are wonderful times. I said this is a wonderful and exciting place because we have a real opportunity to make some long overdue changes for the first time in decades.

We would all like to retire early. I include myself in that. If the Bush Republicans hadn't borrowed us into an enormous debt, we would all have a better chance of that. They took your money and gave it to people who have far more wealth than they can ever use. As a result, the top 1% own more than 20% of the wealth, a level not seen since just before the Great Depression. You're going to have to pay to service the resulting debt. Those are facts. That's why people like you are having a hard time retiring. If you are middle class, as you must be if you're thinking about working an extra five years, then you're less well off than you would have been had Democrats remained in charge. That's a demonstrable fact. Just look at how the middle class does under Republicans, versus how it does under Democrats. People lived well under Republican administrations, but that was only because they and the country were borrowing excessively. That's not sustainable, and it doesn't make for early retirement except for a few.

Obama was very clear about his proposals. I haven’t checked, but they probably are still available for you to read at www.barackobama.com. A brief summary includes:

1. $15 billion per year to invest in R&D for new energy sources.

2. A very specific plan on health care. You can read about the details on his web site.

3. Ending the war in Iraq on a timetable.

4. Paying more attention to terrorism where it actually is.

5. Ending the Bush tax cuts for those making more than $250,000 per year. People making less than that will either see no increase or have their taxes cut.

6. An improved education system with greater rewards for good teachers.

Those are some of the main ones. You can get as angry at me as you want. We still have a new President-elect. The least you can do is give him a chance.

Guest Extinguisher

'Checks rolling in'?? 'Free money'?? You must be confusing President-elect Obama with the past 8 years of the Bush presidency that gave free money to the oil and gas industry in tax credits, the military weapon industry in cost overuns for cancelled weapon systems, and showered various connected mega-engineering firms with billion dollar no-bid contracts for Iraqi reconstruction. Those guys may wear suits and ties, but they were on welfare squandering our tax dollars.