McCain supports re-instituting the draft

Guest Guest

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, there's a real objective analysis with family information in the first half-dozen or so spots. It doesn't even mention their educational training, and what it does say about them is spun. Who are you kidding?

So when Madame Obama received her very large raise, right after Obama was elected, was it because she "just" received a new degree or completed some educational certification? The website I posted is somewhat tongue in cheek, but that is factual. The raise Madame Obama received is fact, a matter of public record. Something that was questioned by the Chicago newspapers.

You realize if your wife worked in private industry, maybe a New York firm, some bs no show job like VP of Community Affairs paying very well, and you were the Deputy Mayor of NYC which gives contracts to that firm, don't you think questions would be raised if your wife all of a sudden gets an extremely large raise to over 300k a year just before you got them a contract?

ps - I called it a no show job trying to make the above example like Madame Obama's job. She was in the office about twice a week. The rest of the time she was "visiting" the community. You know, VP of "Community Affairs."

Guest 2smart4u
So when Madame Obama received her very large raise, right after Obama was elected, was it because she "just" received a new degree or completed some educational certification? The website I posted is somewhat tongue in cheek, but that is factual. The raise Madame Obama received is fact, a matter of public record. Something that was questioned by the Chicago newspapers.

You realize if your wife worked in private industry, maybe a New York firm, some bs no show job like VP of Community Affairs paying very well, and you were the Deputy Mayor of NYC which gives contracts to that firm, don't you think questions would be raised if your wife all of a sudden gets an extremely large raise to over 300k a year just before you got them a contract?

ps - I called it a no show job trying to make the above example like Madame Obama's job. She was in the office about twice a week. The rest of the time she was "visiting" the community. You know, VP of "Community Affairs."

Obama is a product of the Chicago political system which holds the title of "most corrupt' in the U.S. Birds of a feather; Resco, Ayres, Wright and Obama flock together. It's not surprising to anyone that the wife of a Chicago Senator got greased. (I wonder if that was in Obama's resume)?

Obama is a product of the Chicago political system which holds the title of "most corrupt' in the U.S. Birds of a feather; Resco, Ayres, Wright and Obama flock together. It's not surprising to anyone that the wife of a Chicago Senator got greased. (I wonder if that was in Obama's resume)?

Once again you display your separation from reality, everyone knows our very own Hudson County is the home of the most corrupt political system in the US. :rolleyes:

Guest Studies and Observations
Once again you display your separation from reality, everyone knows our very own Hudson County is the home of the most corrupt political system in the US. :rolleyes:

Sorry but I beg to Differ...while Traditionally Hudson County was ALWAYS in the top 5 of Most Corrupt Countis in thenation...exactly WHERE depedned on which PoliSci textbook you were referencing. Chicago/Cook County has ALWAYS held the #1 Spot.

One question.. I see McCain referred to as "McSame" by some on here. I find that interesting since their guy has voted along party lines 95% of the time, as opposed to McCain's 90%, and the Democrat-controlled Congress currenly enjoys the LOWEST approval rating in the nation's history. Obama wants to "Change" washington..but he choses a DC insider who has been in the senate since Obama himself was barely out of short pants, as his running mate, and McCain chooses a running mate who is absolutely NOT a DC'er, and has gone after both Republicans and Democrat Corruption with equal fervor. Is she the Saving Grace of the Republican party.. Who knows..although the hysteria shown by the left in attacking her proves that they certainly see her as a threat. Time will tell, but instead of sitting this one out like i had planned..i might just have to vote for "McChange" this time around. :D

Sorry but I beg to Differ...while Traditionally Hudson County was ALWAYS in the top 5 of Most Corrupt Countis in thenation...exactly WHERE depedned on which PoliSci textbook you were referencing. Chicago/Cook County has ALWAYS held the #1 Spot.

One question.. I see McCain referred to as "McSame" by some on here. I find that interesting since their guy has voted along party lines 95% of the time, as opposed to McCain's 90%, and the Democrat-controlled Congress currenly enjoys the LOWEST approval rating in the nation's history. Obama wants to "Change" washington..but he choses a DC insider who has been in the senate since Obama himself was barely out of short pants, as his running mate, and McCain chooses a running mate who is absolutely NOT a DC'er, and has gone after both Republicans and Democrat Corruption with equal fervor. Is she the Saving Grace of the Republican party.. Who knows..although the hysteria shown by the left in attacking her proves that they certainly see her as a threat. Time will tell, but instead of sitting this one out like i had planned..i might just have to vote for "McChange" this time around. :rolleyes:

Then you're not thinking straight. When you talk about change, you have ask what you want things changed from. You can talk about voting with the Democrats all you want; the Democrats haven't been in control of the government since 1993, so their policies aren't the ones that caused this mess. It doesn't make sense to talk about things that were never passed into law - not because the Congress didn't act but because the Congress didn't have enough votes to get anything past Bush's veto.

The policies that have gotten us into this mess are those of the Bush administration and the Republicans in Congress; from 2001-2007, Congress and the White House were both controlled by the Republicans. They did what they wanted to do, which is why we're in the mess we're in today.

Here are the main problems with the Bush administration that need changing from:

--- huge tax cuts aimed toward benefiting the super-rich, which resulted in the average American losing ground economically:

--- Obama will replace them with tax cuts aimed at helping the middle class, the people who need it

--- McCain would make Bush's unfair tax cuts for the super-rich permanent

--- the worst foreign policy blunder in our history, the Iraq war

--- Obama will get us out on a timetable that has been endorsed by the Iraqi government

--- McCain will keep us there indefinitely

--- terrorism

--- Obama wants to fight the terrorists where they are, in Afghanistan

--- McCain wants to continue ignoring terrorism to perpetuate Bush's disastrous mistake

--- crippling dependence on fossil fuels, especially foreign oil

--- Obama will shift us quickly from fossil fuels as quickly as possible

--- McCain wants to continue to emphasize oil, which is what got us into this problem in the first place

--- 47 million Americans have no health insurance

--- Obama will make sure every American has access to affordable health care

--- McCain won't

--- deregulation of the financial sector, which resulted in the mortgage crisis that you and I are going to pay for

--- Obama will restore necessary regulations

--- McCain won't

McCain can't run as the change candidate after his party has been in power and caused the problem. Palin was put on the ticket to fool the people into thinking the Republicans are about change. They're not. She's just a new face carrying the same old neocon ideology that caused the problem.

There is only one change candidate in this race. His name is Barack Obama.

Then you're not thinking straight. When you talk about change, you have ask what you want things changed from. You can talk about voting with the Democrats all you want; the Democrats haven't been in control of the government since 1993, so their policies aren't the ones that caused this mess. It doesn't make sense to talk about things that were never passed into law - not because the Congress didn't act but because the Congress didn't have enough votes to get anything past Bush's veto.

The policies that have gotten us into this mess are those of the Bush administration and the Republicans in Congress; from 2001-2007, Congress and the White House were both controlled by the Republicans. They did what they wanted to do, which is why we're in the mess we're in today.

Here are the main problems with the Bush administration that need changing from:

--- huge tax cuts aimed toward benefiting the super-rich, which resulted in the average American losing ground economically:

--- Obama will replace them with tax cuts aimed at helping the middle class, the people who need it

--- Obama will get us out on a timetable that has been endorsed by the Iraqi government

--- terrorism

--- McCain wants to continue ignoring terrorism to perpetuate Bush's disastrous mistake

--- McCain wants to continue to emphasize oil, which is what got us into this problem in the first place

--- McCain won't

--- deregulation of the financial sector, which resulted in the mortgage crisis that you and I are going to pay for

--- McCain won't

McCain can't run as the change candidate after his party has been in power and caused the problem. Palin was put on the ticket to fool the people into thinking the Republicans are about change. They're not. She's just a new face carrying the same old neocon ideology that caused the problem.

Have you suffered a head injury lately ???

--- terrorism

--- McCain won't

--- McCain won't

Sounds like a compilation of the many talking point from Obama's web site.

Now that a Democrat wants a war or wants to "complete" a war, its OK, because Obama says we have to fight the "terrorists." How is moving the war from Iraq to Afghanistan any better? You're still in a Middle East war. In the 60's Kennedy and Johnson said it was to fight "communists." Nothing changes. Just the characters and the reasons. What happens when we get bogged down in Afghanistan, draining our resources? Will Obama then declare "victory" and leave or will he ask for additional resources such as a draft? Will you then support his call, whatever it may be? I suspect you will since you are so easily gulled into an Afghanistan war.

We have had Democratic and Republican administrations and none have even tried to start reducing our dependence on fuel oil. Before his presidential run, Obama was not known for his concern on our dependence. We've been led down the garden path of "we will do something" before.

“With record gas prices, record CEO pay packages, and record oil company profits, Speaker Hastert and the Majority Congress continue to give the American people empty rhetoric rather than join Democrats who are working to lower gas prices now.

“Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging, rolling back the billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies, tax breaks and royalty relief given to big oil and gas companies, and increasing production of alternative fuels.” - Nancy Pelosi Press Release

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice . . .

Health insurance? Obama's plan is mostly voluntary and guaranteed to fail. Its like making social security voluntary. After several years only the high risk and indigent will remain in Obama's plan, causing it to fail. We will realize it has failed, whereupon the Republicans will gleefully trumpet that health insurance should never have been changed, and that we must go back to our current system. Real health insurance reformers will not get a real reform in because Obama's failed plan will be used to show that "reform" is a failure. Obama's plan will set real reform back twenty years.

Financial sector deregulation. I don't think so. I'll let Noam Chomsky explain:

While Obama says we are going to change that, there’s no indication of what the change is going to be. In fact, the financial institutions, which are his major contributors, think he’s fine, so there’s no indication of any change. But if you say “change,” people will grasp at it; you say “change” and “hope,” and people will grasp at this and say, OK, maybe this is the savior who will bring about what we want, even though there is no evidence for it. - Noam Chomsky

You can accuse McCain of many things, but his previous actions have shown that one thing you can't accuse him of is ignoring terrorism. Unlike Obama, who before his presidential campaign was never in the forefront of "fighting" terrorism.