McCain supports re-instituting the draft

Guest Guest

Do you really, really know Obama's tax plan?

Yes, unless you think the Tax Policy Center is making things up: http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publication...l.cfm?ID=411749

Not only would Obama's plan do exponentially more to help the people who need it most, but McCain's tax plan increases the national debt by $1.2 TRILLION MORE over ten years.

Fiscal responsibility my ass. Today's Republicans don't know the meaning of the words. Could you tell me where exactly McCain's tax policies diverge from Bush's?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know and I know that the Professor title is constantly used by the Obamites to prop up Obama as a learned constitutional scholar, a Professor of Law. Which is why the likes of you don't use his real title, Senior Lecturer.

The likes of me is perfectly happy to refer to him as Senior Lecturer. It's a fine title, a considerable accomplishment, and a significant bit of experience. But there's nothing wrong with calling him a professor either. Like it or not, "senior lecturer" is a subset of "professor". It's no different from calling an ESD consultant an electrical engineer. In both cases, the more general term will be recognized by more people, making that a good choice for a non-specialized audience.

So, whenever Obama makes a statement that is questioned, the statement can always be followed up with the "fact" that he is a "Professor of Law" and therefore must know what he is doing. Propaganda for the simple.

Tell me, Bern, do you believe that Obama doesn't know how many states there are?

Call me "simple" if you like, but I think that Obama's teaching experience, regardless of what words you think should be used to describe it, is entirely sufficient evidence that he would know such a thing. Gross overkill, actually. You'd be hard pressed to find even a preschooler who doesn't know it.

His title is a joke. Maybe where you come from or hang out, his title is taken seriously. I and the faculty members I know, know it is a joke and frankly they are insulted that the title is denigrated.

Where I come from and hang out, teaching 3 classes per year for 8 years at a respected law school is a very respectable achievement, and does not in any way joke, insult, or denigrate the word "professor". If you and your faculty member friends are offended by it, that's your failing, not anyone else's.

I know you don't understand law schools or law professors, but I do. If you would take a moment to read the University of Chicago link that was supplied on this topic, you would see this statement from the University: "From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School." To answer your question, there are two legitimate reasons why Democrats might point out that Obama was a law professor: (1) the term is more easily understood than "lecturer" and (2) it's accurate, as attested by the University itself.

And if Hitler and Stalin weren't enough, now you invoke Goebbels. Tell you what, Bern, I think you're just like Hitler because he had a rectum, too. How's that for a "valid comparison?"

If you really understood the issues you would have known about this law school link (statement) supplied by William a long time ago. I knew about it months ago, as you the supposed expert should have.

Getting a little testy eh? Cute rectum comparison.

Where I come from and hang out, teaching 3 classes per year for 8 years at a respected law school is a very respectable achievement, and does not in any way joke, insult, or denigrate the word "professor". If you and your faculty member friends are offended by it, that's your failing, not anyone else's.

Not where I come from. Three classes per year, means two classes in one term (three hours per week, 3 months) and one class in the other term (1 1/2 hours per week, 3 months). Or he would simply do three classes in the fall (4 1/2 hours per week, 3 months) while taking care of legislative business in the spring. That is when he was present. Guest lecturers are a blessing.

Maybe law schools have longer classes.

I would love to have a job that took 3 months a year, working 4 1/2 hours per week and have that called are respectable achievement. Of course, he did have to work extra generating grades.

The likes of me is perfectly happy to refer to him as Senior Lecturer. It's a fine title, a considerable accomplishment, and a significant bit of experience. But there's nothing wrong with calling him a professor either. Like it or not, "senior lecturer" is a subset of "professor". It's no different from calling an ESD consultant an electrical engineer. In both cases, the more general term will be recognized by more people, making that a good choice for a non-specialized audience.

Tell me, Bern, do you believe that Obama doesn't know how many states there are?

Call me "simple" if you like, but I think that Obama's teaching experience, regardless of what words you think should be used to describe it, is entirely sufficient evidence that he would know such a thing. Gross overkill, actually. You'd be hard pressed to find even a preschooler who doesn't know it.

I previously said, in this forum, that I did. But why did feel the need to validate Obama's statement by using Obama's "professor" title?

David Dinkins is a Professor (a real professor with an endowed chair) at Columbia Univ. However, when Professor Dinkins makes statements, which at times are questioned, I don't ever remember seeing his title used to validate his statements. Which is why most don't know he is a Professor (a real one).

If you really understood the issues you would have known about this law school link (statement) supplied by William a long time ago. I knew about it months ago, as you the supposed expert should have.

Getting a little testy eh? Cute rectum comparison.

What's the difference whether he knew about a statement from the U. of Chicago? The point is that you're trying to make something out of nothing.

I previously said, in this forum, that I did. But why did feel the need to validate Obama's statement by using Obama's "professor" title?

David Dinkins is a Professor (a real professor with an endowed chair) at Columbia Univ. However, when Professor Dinkins makes statements, which at times are questioned, I don't ever remember seeing his title used to validate his statements. Which is why most don't know he is a Professor (a real one).

I'm resting my case on this one, Bern.

Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth at once! If the title doesn't matter, then why are you making such a big deal out of it?

Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth at once! If the title doesn't matter, then why are you making such a big deal out of it?

I thought I've been arguing it does matter. It is earned, not given away on a silver platter because you exist or people feel like creating or using it for political purposes.

Dinkin's title is used when needed, not constantly. Being a real professor, he has the right to use his title, but he, his colleagues and his acquaintances don't throw it around in a cavalier fashion. Again, which is why very few know he is a Professor.

I thought I've been arguing it does matter. It is earned, not given away on a silver platter because you exist or people feel like creating or using it for political purposes.

Dinkin's title is used when needed, not constantly. Being a real professor, he has the right to use his title, but he, his colleagues and his acquaintances don't throw it around in a cavalier fashion. Again, which is why very few know he is a Professor.

Ho-hum.

I'll give you ten dollars for every voter who cares whether Obama was a law professor or just taught in a law school. In fact, I'll give you five dollars for every voter who cares if he did either.

Lame. When you can't intelligently respond, then its time to divert and change the topic.

ps - I know POW is overused.

The entire discussion was lame. No one gets elected by calling himself "professor."

Lame. When you can't intelligently respond, then its time to divert and change the topic.

ps - I know POW is overused.

Your whole tantrum was lame from the start. Bitching about people referring to Obama as having been a professor when he WAS a professor (by the definition of the very school he lectured at) instead of calling him a "senior lecturer" instead is 2dim-level petty. Get over yourself, for crying out loud.

Guest 2smart4u
The why do you Obamites use the "professor" title whenever possible? Even when a discussion has absolutely no academic context.

When you're supporting a candidate with a resume as thin as Obama's, you grasp as any perceived advantage.

Here are their resumes. I like the "Reaction to Spouse's Political Success" the most. Reminds me of

“I Seen My Opportunities and I Took ’Em.” - Plunkitt, Tammany Hall Leader

Comparing Palin and Obama

Palin is a joke, and even most Republicans realize it. It's no wonder Romney and Pawlenty were pissed at being passed over.

McCain's Hail Mary last-ditch attempt (you can tell because he picked someone who spent no time on the campaign trail with him, and she was barely vetted if at all) to get women voters has failed miserably.

Watch what happens in November.

Then why do you Obamites use the "professor" title whenever possible? Even when a discussion has absolutely no academic context.

The only person who keeps using it here is you. I haven't once seen Obama introduced at a campaign rally as "Professor Obama." If you'd extract your head from your ideological hole, you might be able to see more clearly.

Guest 2smart4u
Here are their resumes. I like the "Reaction to Spouse's Political Success" the most. Reminds me of

Real nice. The wife gets 160% raise, her boss get a million. What was Obama saying about change ???

Oh yeah, there's a real objective analysis with family information in the first half-dozen or so spots. It doesn't even mention their educational training, and what it does say about them is spun. Who are you kidding?

Your reference material seems to be a bit factually challenged.

According to the site, Palin's executive experience includes 10 years as mayor. She was mayor from 1996 to 2002. This must be that magical Republican math again. Or maybe it made her so happy that she was beside herself for 4 years.

Under "Foreign Policy Experience" in the Palin column, the site lists "Governor of state that borders two foreign countries (Canada and Russia)." Saying that Alaska borders Russia is a bit like saying that Florida borders Cuba. They're pretty close, but "pretty close" is not what "borders" means. And aside from the inaccuracy, this, by itself, does not constitute foreign policy experience. She may or may not have some, but just being near other countries isn't it.

That web site is nothing but right-wing moon-battery, Bern. "Principled and non-violent activists" is what they call themselves. Unprincipled liars is what they are. You should be ashamed of yourself for promoting that crap.