Keeping up with Kearny's First Family

Guest Concerned Kearny Taxpayer

Guest Concerned Kearny Taxpayer

This is unbelieveable that a whole family gets jobs in the Kearny School System. 1. 2 working in the P.E. Dept at the High School, 2.A son in law working as a janitor,3. 1 possibly getting a job in the SE Dept. Whats going on here when my son has been trying to get work for years. Hiring everybody in one family is just plain WRONG. Whats the name of this family I know they exsist. They got their most of Kearny's Property Taxes I'm sure they don't mind paying. And the mother also works as a crossing guard. How is this allowed to HAPPEN? Spread the wealth.

Guest guest
This is unbelieveable that a whole family gets jobs in the Kearny School System. 1. 2 working in the P.E. Dept at the High School, 2.A son in law working as a janitor,3. 1 possibly getting a job in the SE Dept. Whats going on here when my son has been trying to get work for years. Hiring everybody in one family is just plain WRONG. Whats the name of this family I know they exsist. They got their most of Kearny's Property Taxes I'm sure they don't mind paying. And the mother also works as a crossing guard. How is this allowed to HAPPEN? Spread the wealth.

And what qualifications might your son have that he's been looking for work for years?

Guest wannabe
What "Karma" bit who? Who might the original poster be?

How can I get this benefit. The benefit of having all of the family working for the town? :lol:

Guest Board Observer

Can any School Board Member answer this question on how this is allowed to happen? Why does this family have a sense of entitlement to employment when their are many trying to get into the school system. If any Board Member is reading please give an honest explaination of how this gets threw the cracks without anyone noticing.

Guest Upset Teacher
Can any School Board Member answer this question on how this is allowed to happen? Why does this family have a sense of entitlement to employment when their are many trying to get into the school system. If any Board Member is reading please give an honest explaination of how this gets threw the cracks without anyone noticing.

Board Members Rosemary Martins-Marks and David Stevenson while sitting on the committee that recommended Barbara Corrente said nothing as to why they abstained from their vote and then voted no for Corrente, have nothing to say on how whole families get employment in the Kearny Schools. One would assume that they just pick and choose what is fair and what is unfair. It's ashame that these members made their decision not to appoint Corrente, but will ignore the fact that entire families have the luxury of gaining employment without anyone questioning why it happens. Ms Martin-Marks is up for Re-Election next year and we certainly hope that the public remembers the hiring practices of this school system and how the public is in my opinion treated differently. Vote no to Martin-Marks in 2009. As for Stevenson the time will come when the public will weigh in on the decisions he makes in his term. He was able to win this time, But we'll be ready for him next time. That's a promise!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Maybe because they can spell. It's "there" are many and "through" the cracks.

Guest Guest
Board Members Rosemary Martins-Marks and David Stevenson while sitting on the committee that recommended Barbara Corrente said nothing as to why they abstained from their vote and then voted no for Corrente, have nothing to say on how whole families get employment in the Kearny Schools. One would assume that they just pick and choose what is fair and what is unfair. It's ashame that these members made their decision not to appoint Corrente, but will ignore the fact that entire families have the luxury of gaining employment without anyone questioning why it happens. Ms Martin-Marks is up for Re-Election next year and we certainly hope that the public remembers the hiring practices of this school system and how the public is in my opinion treated differently. Vote no to Martin-Marks in 2009. As for Stevenson the time will come when the public will weigh in on the decisions he makes in his term. He was able to win this time, But we'll be ready for him next time. That's a promise!!!!!!!

To the upset teacher who posted the above- Who are you related to? That seems to be the practice in this town. From town workers to school employees. This is nothing new. It has been going on for years. The current board is trying to change this, hence to Correnti decision.

Guest Guest

Yeah, right, like recall Mayor Santos. It's about time someone tried to run the school board professionally instead of like an insiders' club. Most people in Kearny are sick of Kearny politics. The reasonable people of Kearny, who aren't trying to play the usual politics, will be be behind Rosemary. She will be re-elected if she chooses to run again.

You're making a joke of yourself.

Initially thought some of the references concerned family members of a certain sitting Town Council member. If the information given to me is accurate, this particular Council member has a daughter, son-in-law, son, and who knows who working in the Kearny school system. The son-in-law was considered for what can be viewed as fast track promotions? I may be mistaken, but if true, this is another example of the "First Family of the Kearny School District".

Guest wildbill

Everyone would love to have a Town job here in Kearny but there are two things I know 108 would never let me have. A Town job or a gun permit. Doha! A man has to know his limitations and there is no sense casting bait into an empty pond.

Guest Parent with no connections

Shame on Board Members for allowing this to go on, I'll remember this next election whoever is in office the public is going to be aware of what's going on in these schools. Shame on the Board of Education. It's them against us.

Guest wannabe
Shame on Board Members for allowing this to go on, I'll remember this next election whoever is in office the public is going to be aware of what's going on in these schools. Shame on the Board of Education. It's them against us.

Who is this "First Family"? Do tell.....................................

She got what she deserved!!!!

To the upset teacher who posted the above- Who are you related to? That seems to be the practice in this town. From town workers to school employees. This is nothing new. It has been going on for years. The current board is trying to change this, hence to Correnti decision.

Well then I guess Board President's daughter got what she deserved, and that is a summer job with the Board of Ed.

Approximately 60 students received jobs for the summer with the Board of Ed. Lay off the presidents daughter. She is a kid and has nothing to do with the politics.

Guest Guest
Approximately 60 students received jobs for the summer with the Board of Ed. Lay off the presidents daughter. She is a kid and has nothing to do with the politics.

I know that, but her Mom sure did!

Guest Audit

You want the real story . Google "NJ by the numbers" and click on the "You and your neighbors taxes" Then add all the taxes up from all the houses listed on each street and you have found the skunk in the wood pile, The numbers do not match up with what the Town claims it gets in tax monies.

Guest Rejected Student
She put in an application like everyone else.

Yes she put in an application like everyone else. But she got picked. What about the kids who didnt get picked? I know for a fact my daughter put in her application before her and yet she waspicked and my daughter was not. Can you explain how that is fair? Can you explain how thatis NOT politics? Lastly, this Board claims to be doing things differently and trying to make a difference, then how is that the case when preferential treatment is shown??