Keeping up with Kearny's First Family

Guest Concerned Kearny Taxpayer

Guest wannabe
Yes she put in an application like everyone else. But she got picked. What about the kids who didnt get picked? I know for a fact my daughter put in her application before her and yet she waspicked and my daughter was not. Can you explain how that is fair? Can you explain how thatis NOT politics? Lastly, this Board claims to be doing things differently and trying to make a difference, then how is that the case when preferential treatment is shown??

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR THAT ALLAOF THESE PEOPLE GET THEIR WAY!!

PLEASE HELP US!!!

Yes she put in an application like everyone else. But she got picked. What about the kids who didnt get picked? I know for a fact my daughter put in her application before her and yet she waspicked and my daughter was not. Can you explain how that is fair? Can you explain how thatis NOT politics? Lastly, this Board claims to be doing things differently and trying to make a difference, then how is that the case when preferential treatment is shown??

I know when students are picked for these positions, it goes in this order. 1. If you worked for the school last year, you are considered, unless your performance wasn't up to par. 2. Your age - you need to be a sophmore or above. 3. Your grades, yes the principals office has to sign off on the papers.

So if your child didn't get the job, see if she meets the above and if she does, contact the BOE and ask why. Don't just sit here and cry politics.

Guest Ms. Condescending
I know when students are picked for these positions, it goes in this order. 1. If you worked for the school last year, you are considered, unless your performance wasn't up to par. 2. Your age - you need to be a sophmore or above. 3. Your grades, yes the principals office has to sign off on the papers.

So if your child didn't get the job, see if she meets the above and if she does, contact the BOE and ask why. Don't just sit here and cry politics.

My Daughter met all the specifications u just mentioned. She is an Honor Roll student, Sophmore, plays sports and has never been in trouble at all. She did not work last year, but I would think she should be given a chance.

Your idea is to approach the Board of Ed, and ask them why they picked their own kids over my daughter? And you think this will somehow get me somewhere?I only see negatives in your approach, enlighten me and tell me how this could help me in the future. I actually see it as a detriment and they will now further have repercussions aginst my daughter.

My Daughter met all the specifications u just mentioned. She is an Honor Roll student, Sophmore, plays sports and has never been in trouble at all. She did not work last year, but I would think she should be given a chance.

Your idea is to approach the Board of Ed, and ask them why they picked their own kids over my daughter? And you think this will somehow get me somewhere?I only see negatives in your approach, enlighten me and tell me how this could help me in the future. I actually see it as a detriment and they will now further have repercussions aginst my daughter.

The person who actually does the hiring is the plant operations manager, not the board. While he most likely gives consideration to board members children, he also hire many other students. You need to fill an application out as early as possible, by April, have it date stamped at the board office and in May inquire to this gentleman about the job. It has worked all these years this way.

Guest TONY E

TO THE "GUEST" OR SHOULD I SAY " THE IDIOT " WHO WROTE THIS POST? "GET A LIFE". THE SO CALLED," FIRST FAMILY " YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, HAPPENED TO BE HIGHLY QUALIFIED FOR THE POSITIONS THE BOARD OF EDUCATION HIRED THEM FOR.

Guest Concerned Parent
The person who actually does the hiring is the plant operations manager, not the board. While he most likely gives consideration to board members children, he also hire many other students. You need to fill an application out as early as possible, by April, have it date stamped at the board office and in May inquire to this gentleman about the job. It has worked all these years this way.

You unwittingly just reiterated what that person was trying to say. He first gives consideration to Board Members children, then he "may" also hire other students. That would be the very definition of preferential treatment, would it not? Or am I missing something...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Upset Teacher
Board Members Rosemary Martins-Marks and David Stevenson while sitting on the committee that recommended Barbara Corrente said nothing as to why they abstained from their vote and then voted no for Corrente, have nothing to say on how whole families get employment in the Kearny Schools. One would assume that they just pick and choose what is fair and what is unfair. It's ashame that these members made their decision not to appoint Corrente, but will ignore the fact that entire families have the luxury of gaining employment without anyone questioning why it happens. Ms Martin-Marks is up for Re-Election next year and we certainly hope that the public remembers the hiring practices of this school system and how the public is in my opinion treated differently. Vote no to Martin-Marks in 2009. As for Stevenson the time will come when the public will weigh in on the decisions he makes in his term. He was able to win this time, But we'll be ready for him next time. That's a promise!!!!!!!

Election time is soon, time to go Ms Martins Marks. 1 term board member.