Kearny Terrorist Targer

Guest concerned

Guest concerned

I just wanted to know if everyone in the West Hudson area is aware that one of the top terrorist targets is in our back yard? It seems that a chemical plant in our area has according to State Dept. reports been named as a possible target. This plant has also been named by Green peace as a worst case scenario toxic disaster! There is hundreds of thousands of pounds of sulfur dioxide stored at this plant ant if by act of terror or accident it is released the posinous cloud could claim up to 12 million lives from our collective neighbor hood! what is being done to protect us from this possible catastrophy? I say not enough! Are a couple of local cops enough to protect us from a potential Holoucaust? Where is the Homeland security for the residents of West Hudson? Where is the national guard? By all means guard the tunnels and bridges, but don'e forget the people that use them!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Col. Nathan R. Jessep

Pube, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, HeyDuke? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for South Kearny and curse the Mayor; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that a terrorist threat, while tragic, will probably take lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to

Pube, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, HeyDuke? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for South Kearny and curse the Mayor; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that a terrorist threat, while tragic, will probably take lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to

You must think your a hero....but really your not your only doing your job.

Just like me...example 9/13/01 I led 3 people into a kitchen in school in downtown

Manhatan we worked 8 hours straight and we cooked and cooked to feed those rescue workers. Im not a hero I was doing my job! I was on the front lines of that mess. I was there the second it all happened I saw every bit of it with my own eyes. Most people would of chickened out and never went back.

Guest Concerned

To KOTW

You are right in your assumption that i have not used this forum to investigate the possible target in our backyard. I have gotten my info directly from the articles and news organizations themselves. I posted this message because as i would talk to friends and family and neighbors many were not aware of this threat. You state that I should read these articles and then make a decision on weather this is a credible threat well I have and it is a threat. Another reason i posted this was to create dialogue and awareness about this topic!!!

To Concerned:

I too think it's a serious issue. An issue raised almost two years ago (see the letter on the KOTW Environment Page by following the link "Frank Ferreira Letter to Police Chief Dowie").

Check out the links on the KOTW Environment Page

If you have any suggestions on other links you feel should be put on the page, email me the links and I will add them.

Maybe the Mayor, Councilmembers, Police Chief or the Fire Chief can provide additional information on what has been done since 2002 to improve security, who is paying for the security, Is Kuehne paying for any security?, Should the plant be relocated, or modernized (like it's Delaware Plant) to eliminate the risk?, should the federal government be providing loans to modernize the plant and eliminate the risk?

How's that for a start?

KOTW

Just like me...example 9/13/01 I led 3 people into a kitchen in school in downtown

Manhatan we worked 8 hours straight and we cooked and cooked to feed those rescue workers. Im not a hero I was doing my job! I was on the front lines of that mess. I was there the second it all happened I saw every bit of it with my own eyes. Most people would of chickened out and never went back.

You are a Bullshitter,you & your buddy Timothy McVeigh!

what is being done to protect us from this possible catastrophe? I say not enough! Are a couple of local cops enough to protect us from a potential Holocaust? Where is the Homeland security for the residents of West Hudson? Where is the national guard? By all means guard the tunnels and bridges, but don't forget the people that use them!!

There is very little that can protect a whole town from a biological disaster.

don't listen to propaganda. how many times since 9/11 have we heard about terrorist threats, yet nothing has happened? i would not worry about it.

I would agree.

There really isn't much we can do, unless you want to consider building an air tight bomb shelter in you backyard, and then you have to be lucky enough to get inside of it in time in case something did occur.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about a parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to

I don't know where you got the idea that Pube is mocking the military or such. All he did was state the fact that you can't believe everything that you hear.

On another note, we live in a world that has walls, yes. But not by our choice. Those wall have been up since the beginning of time. It is not us that choose what world we live in. I don't blame a country for their actions. I blame humanity. The greatest threat to mankind is man himself. But there isn't anything that we can do about it, besides fortify ourselves.

Believe me, if I ever get a chance to pick up a gun, and defend this country. As of know, I don't see any guns lying on the floor, nor any enemies with a gun coming towards me, so at the moment there isn't anything I can do. Now on that matter about the truth. I would like to have the truth. I think many of us would too. I just don't see the governmnet releasing it anytime soon. How are we suppose to get the truth when it isn't provided for us.

PS. Thank You.

Guest StudiesNobservations

What makes you think measures havent been taken to protect Kuhne Chemical?? And would you REALLY want those measures to be made public?? At that point does the "Right to know" by the public supercede what is necessary for security? Considering the hue and cry that went up just after 9/11 when the Daily NEws, and the Post printed maps with every large chemical/hazardous materials plant in a 20 mile radisu from NY as "Giving a target map to the terrorists", one would think that making public the preparations to defend those sites would in effect be giving potential terrorists the means to defeat those defenses. From what I've seen measures HAVE been taken, there is a visible police presence, access to the area has been limited, there are continuous patrols on the skyway, and a new fence has been installed to prevent anyone from tossing anything over the side into the plant, and one would assume that other steps have been taken. Since none of us can see really what is there in place behind those barriers, why are you so quick to assume that nothing is being done? What would YOU suggest be done to secure the plant, realizing that completely covering it in a concrete dome isnt a viable option. Security is important, yes, but daily business also still has to go on.

Guest Fickled

Gee....This sounds so vaguely familiar. lmao :blink:

what is being done to protect us from this possible catastrophe? I say not enough! Are a couple of local cops enough to protect us from a potential Holocaust? Where is the Homeland security for the residents of West Hudson? Where is the national guard? By all means guard the tunnels and bridges, but don't forget the people that use them!!

There is very little that can protect a whole town from a biological disaster.

don't listen to propaganda. how many times since 9/11 have we heard about terrorist threats, yet nothing has happened? i would not worry about it.

I would agree.

There really isn't much we can do, unless you want to consider building an air tight bomb shelter in you backyard, and then you have to be lucky enough to get inside of it in time in case something did occur.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about a parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to

I don't know where you got the idea that Pube is mocking the military or such. All he did was state the fact that you can't believe everything that you hear.

On another note, we live in a world that has walls, yes. But not by our choice. Those wall have been up since the beginning of time. It is not us that choose what world we live in. I don't blame a country for their actions. I blame humanity. The greatest threat to mankind is man himself. But there isn't anything that we can do about it, besides fortify ourselves.

Believe me, if I ever get a chance to pick up a gun, and defend this country. As of know, I don't see any guns lying on the floor, nor any enemies with a gun coming towards me, so at the moment there isn't anything I can do. Now on that matter about the truth. I would like to have the truth. I think many of us would too. I just don't see the governmnet releasing it anytime soon. How are we suppose to get the truth when it isn't provided for us.

PS. Thank You.

exactly the point i wanted to make but was too lazy to type up :blink:

see, our country isn't the same as it was when it was founded. during that time, every american citizen HAD to defend their freedom. they were aware of all the goings on in the government. in this day and age, the public needs to be fed false information in order to prevent widespread panic. these "terrorist threats" could be real, but then again they could be fabricated. the problem here is that we can never really know what's going on around us. we can only live day by day, and hope the people running our country know what they're doing.

keep your head up, that's all.

Health Effects: High concentrations of sulfur dioxide (SO2) can result in breathing problems with asthmatic children and adults who are active outdoors. Short-term exposure has been linked to wheezing, chest tightness and shortness of breath. Other effects associated with longer-term exposure to sulfur dioxide, in conjunction with high levels of particulate soot, include respiratory illness, alterations in the lungs' defenses and aggravation of existing cardiovascular disease.

Environmental Effects: Sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides are the major precursors of acid rain, which has acidified soils, lakes and streams, accelerated corrosion of buildings and monuments, and reduced visibility. Sulfur dioxide also is a major precursor of fine particulate soot, which poses a significant health threat.

Sources: Combustion of fuel containing sulfur -- mostly coal and oil. Also produced during metal smelting and other industrial processes.

Copyright ©1999, Clean Air Trust. All Rights Reserved. \

... its in the stupid rain why are you people getting all worked up.

Guest Gettin' Older

Nah, part of the reason that movie s**k*d was because that diatribe was so damned pompous.

...on another note

Duct tape. Wasn't duct tape supposed to save us all?!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited where the *'s appear under the no profanity (anything close to profanity) rule.

[sarcasm]

Yes, let's all cover our house in plastic and duct tape so that nothing can get in or out. So that we are safe from all biological weapons.

[/sarcasm]

Did anyone realize that if you managed to do this you would also be cutting of your air supply. Before any biologial weapon or disaster hit we would die of carbon dioxide poisoning.

If this was suppose to be a suggestion from the leaders of the country, then I am worried.

:unsure:

Guest Gettin' Older

Plastic? Not at all! Just place a few small pieces of duct tape over all of your bodily orifices. Same result, but cheaper, easier, faster.

Guest Dubbya

Please let me know where to send you an award, according to you, you seem to deserve one. :blink:

Guest Radagast

We've got men guarding us with guns on the wall shooting out, shooting in and shooting into the air just for the hell of it, too cool!! Hell, we've even got men with guns on airplanes now so's we can blow the fuselage apart at the first sign of terrorists! We'll sure show them!

We've got a MAD COWboy for president who cares more about stuffing his friends pockets with our tax dollars both here and in Iraq than he does about protecting our kids both here and in Iraq. Bush's idea of protecting Kearny or anywhere else in the USA is to throw up an Orange Flag and to scurry everyone around in mock emergency drills every holiday. We block off streets to vulnerable targets for Orange Alert we unblock them for Yellow Alert....DUH!! Maybe they're smart enough to wait till our guard is down....ya think?

Many terrible emotions rattled through us all on 9/11/01. Too many of us have not shaken the worst of them, paranoia. As Americans, it has driven us to lash out furiously at friend and foe alike. We talk tough and beat up two bit tinhorn dictators as if that will somehow protect us. We are allowing our government to take away our rights and our privacy while not contributing one bit to our safety. Bush has used 9/11 as an excuse for just about everything. I'm not saying we shouldn't be more carful. I'm saying that some of what we are doing doesn't make any sense.

It's time that we woke up and realized that we never could and never will be able to protect ourselves completely from crazy people who hate us and want to kill us. The only comfort we can take is that there aren't that many of crazy people per capita.

Archived