Kearny Terrorist Targer

Guest concerned

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RADAGAST

The war in Iraq did nothing to protect us from any danger to the the USA. The evidence keeps piling up that Iraq had no conection with 'terrorists' nor possessed WMD's. Read Mr. Kay's final shot as he departs Iraq. He had been the formal mouthpiece for Bush beating the drums for WMDs for the past year. THEY AIN'T THERE!!! and neither were the 'terrorists' as Bush contended.

So why are our kids getting killed in Iraq on a daily basis? No, we are no more safe, not one bit!

The war in Iraq did nothing to protect us from any danger to the the USA. The evidence keeps piling up that Iraq had no conection with 'terrorists' nor possessed WMD's. Read Mr. Kay's final shot as he departs Iraq. He had been the formal mouthpiece for Bush beating the drums for WMDs for the past year. THEY AIN'T THERE!!! and neither were the 'terrorists' as Bush contended.

So why are our kids getting killed in Iraq on a daily basis? No, we are no more safe, not one bit!

Political reasons. I don't think that the war on Iraq wasn't just on terrorist and WoMD. While that was the reason provided by our president George Bush, and it was the reason used to get support from the American people, it wasn't just about those two reasons.

Its also the fact that Suddam has committed countless acts agaist humanity. Another reason might be the fact that Iraq can be used as a platform for our militaty. Then there is the oil. These wherr/are/might be some of the reasons why we have people stationed there.

I'm glad to see I learned something in school.

Guest RADAGAST

I don't think that anyone would disagree that Saddam was an evil person. However, allow me to make two points here:

a) There are plenty of dictators running countries around this planet. Some of them are our friends (ie. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia). Many of these dictators are considered evil by a majority of the people they govern. Some treat their citizens just as bad or worse than Saddam did. Why did we single out Iraq? Because they had WMDs...Because they were supporting 'terrorists'. Both of these premises now are prove to be false. You can not build a meaningful policy on a foundation of lies.

:rolleyes: For comparison, I look back to Marshall Tito of Yugoslavia in the 1950's & '60s. He ruled the country with an iron fist. When he died all of the old internal hatreds between the ethnics that made up Yugoslavia exploded. Yugoslavia dosen't exist anymore. After decades of bloodshed you have Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia etc. and you still have violence. Tito kept peace under his jack boot. Saddam, as evil as he was, also kept Iraqi ethnics from each others throats through fear. Now you have Shia majorities marching in the streets demanding elections that will surely prevoke the minority Sunnis. In North Iraq, you have the Kurds who control most of the oil fields and have been denied a homeland (Kurdistan) since the beginning of time. All of this could easily erupt into an all out three way civil war and we'd be right in the middle of it.

This is one holy mess that Mr. Bush and his neocons have got us into. It doesn't appear to me that a whole lot of thought went into the decision to invade. All they had to do was pick up a history book.

Guest SERVED IN GULF WAR

He did have them and he knows where they are!

Between a useless democratic president (Clinton) and a useless United Nations,neither of which have any B*LLS, he had all the time in the world to hide them in other countries like syria!!!!!!!!

So if you haven't seved over there and haven't seen first hand the carnage and devastation that Hussein caused I suggest that you make a visit to the nearest recruiter

and enlist in the Marines or Army!!!!

But, then again you probably don't have any B*LLS to do that do you! You just sit back in the comfort of your home and criticize and complain.

Every service man or woman who joins the military knows or should know that there may come a time within their enlistment or career that they might have to go into a war. That's what they train for!

Enough for now, I have so much to say on this that I will be typing all day.

nobody should go to war for unfounded causes. the war to Iraq does have it's purpose, but WE aren't told about it. read around, look into the entire Middle East's history and you see why we're there. this is why so many people complain about how this is a pointless war, they just don't know.

not that i support Bush but.. :rolleyes:

Guest the kearny kid
Pube, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, HeyDuke? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for South Kearny and curse the Mayor; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that a terrorist threat, while tragic, will probably take lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to

Anyone ever see " A few good men " ? My guess is ....probably not

Guest RADAGAST

TO Served in Gulf:

If you want to talk issues and facts, bring it on. If you're only going to sit there and type insults and right wing rants... go back and listen to Rush for more material.

TO Pube:

If you want to believe that there is an all knowing person somewhere in Wahington that's going to make everything turn out fine here, God bless ya! My experience tells me that if they keep giving us lies and changing their story to fit the current days news.... they haven't got a clue. They decided to invade Iraq for political reasons and with very little planning for what would come after Saddam folded up like a cheap suitcase. Does what's going on over their look like someone planned it that way? If someone did plan things to be the way they are now, do you really think they know what they're doing?

Guest RADAGAST

Oh... PS to Pube:

If you read middle-east history, particularly about the rise and fall of the Ottoman Empire, you would see every reason why we should NEVER have gotten involved without the backing of the other major powers. Our only major power sidekick over there is the country that caused most of the area's problems to start with, the UK.

TO Pube:

If you want to believe that there is an all knowing person somewhere in Wahington that's going to make everything turn out fine here, God bless ya! My experience tells me that if they keep giving us lies and changing their story to fit the current days news.... they haven't got a clue. They decided to invade Iraq for political reasons and with very little planning for what would come after Saddam folded up like a cheap suitcase. Does what's going on over their look like someone planned it that way? If someone did plan things to be the way they are now, do you really think they know what they're doing?

no, i don't think that.. but the war was obviously not about WOMD nor was it Bush finishing the job his father couldn't. It's the oil. America needs a way to step foot over into the Middle East and have a backup source of oil. In the event Saudi Arabia's leaders fold, we not only have oil but we have a way to be close enough to keep order.

to be honest, i think only good things can come out of this. you are right though, setting up a new government in Iraq was something severely overlooked and it's going to be a challenge. once it all falls into place, however, we'll have improved the lives of people through an entire country and be able to mediate Middle East issues much more easily.

I'm not sure I understand. How does the Iraqi oil become our backup oil,

and how, if the Saudi leaders fall, does "their" oil become "our" oil?

right now.. we control Iraq. even when we set up their government and slowly ease out of the country, we WILL have a very strong influence there. that will include their oil.

and i didn't say we'd get Saudi oil.. i'm saying we have decent relations with their leaders now, and in turn their oil. however, almost their entire country is against them. it's very possible for some kind of overthrowing to occur, and if that does happen, we have Iraq's oil in case the Saudi oil is in jeopardy. not only that, but we'll also be close enough to possibly control the situation there.

Guest RADAGAST

To Pube:

Before I get into why I disagree, I must say that, unlike many who post here, you have looked at the facts and have thought out your position.

I don't agree that Saudi Arabia is in any real danger of changing governments in the near future and I also disagree with you about our future relationship with Iraq.

The Saudi Arabian monarchy may appear to be weak because they have not taken any action against the nut case clerics in thier country preaching hatred of America. However, by and large the average Saudi is a very wealthy happy person. Status quo has been very good to the vast majority. That is not a blueprint for radical change. Stranger things have happened but I doubt it.

Iraqis may disagree on a lot of things but the only thing that has united them is that they want us out of there. They are very happy that Saddam is gone and most are grateful but even those folks want us out. The problem is that under the circumstances created by the brain trust in the White House, we can't get out any time soon. We are stuck there for as long as it takes to get the country in some kind of working order. A falling dominoe set of recent events like the Shite cleric who's got his finger on the opinion of 60% of the population, is putting us in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If we allow elections and cut bait and run... we lose. If we try to force our ideas which limit the power of the majority Shites... we lose. In the long or short run, I see no win for us. My bet is that 3-5 years from now we will have no military presence in Iraq and no positive influence at all.

Besides, I'm not one of those conspirisy theory people who thinks this war was about oil. That would be giving GWB too much credit.

To Pube:

Before I get into why I disagree, I must say that, unlike many who post here, you have looked at the facts and have thought out your position.

I don't agree that Saudi Arabia is in any real danger of changing governments in the near future and I also disagree with you about our future relationship with Iraq.

The Saudi Arabian monarchy may appear to be weak because they have not taken any action against the nut case clerics in thier country preaching hatred of America. However, by and large the average Saudi is a very wealthy happy person. Status quo has been very good to the vast majority. That is not a blueprint for radical change. Stranger things have happened but I doubt it.

Iraqis may disagree on a lot of things but the only thing that has united them is that they want us out of there. They are very happy that Saddam is gone and most are grateful but even those folks want us out. The problem is that under the circumstances created by the brain trust in the White House, we can't get out any time soon. We are stuck there for as long as it takes to get the country in some kind of working order. A falling dominoe set of recent events like the Shite cleric who's got his finger on the opinion of 60% of the population, is putting us in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If we allow elections and cut bait and run... we lose. If we try to force our ideas which limit the power of the majority Shites... we lose. In the long or short run, I see no win for us. My bet is that 3-5 years from now we will have no military presence in Iraq and no positive influence at all.

Besides, I'm not one of those conspirisy theory people who thinks this war was about oil. That would be giving GWB too much credit.

as far as Saudi Arabia go, i definitely think you have a good point. from what i've heard (and from a very reliable source as far as foreign affairs go), most Saudi's have a strong hate for the Princes ruling the country. but since of neither of us live there, i guess we can't be completely sure of what's going on. anything could happen :lol:

and yes, we went into Iraq hastily. i still think it's possible to help them become a normal functioning country, but it will take a lot of work.. and i think many Iraqis will definitely get sick of us being over there. a lot probably are already.

but.. i doubt Bush thought there were actually WOMD or anything like that. he's not a smart man, but he does have advisors around him pulling his puppet strings.. i can't blame the guy for every American plight. even if we weren't in it for oil from the start, that's coming into focus now. i suppose i'm just looking on the bright side of things and where we can go from here.

i don't agree that we HAD to go to Iraq, but it's too late now. might as well do the best we can from here :angry:

You're confusing Saudi Arabia with Kuwait Rad, the average Saudi is NOT wealthy, all of the land in SA is owned by the royal family, much like Feudal Europe was. the reason Whabism, and radicalism is so rampant in SA is because of the fact that close to 80% of the people live in poverty, while less than 1% of the population controls 99.9% of the capital. Kuwait, Oman, the UAE, and others have taken a different tack, EVERY citizen in those countries gets a Stipend from the oil sales, and EVERYONE is prosperous there.

Guest RADAGAST

You're confusing Saudi Arabia with Kuwait Rad, the average Saudi is NOT wealthy, all of the land in SA is owned by the royal family, much like Feudal Europe was. the reason Whabism, and radicalism is so rampant in SA is because of the fact that close to 80% of the people live in poverty, while less than 1% of the population controls 99.9% of the capital. Kuwait, Oman, the UAE, and others have taken a different tack, EVERY citizen in those countries gets a Stipend from the oil sales, and EVERYONE is prosperous there.

TO GUEST:

Hey! Ya know what? I was wrong and you are right. The Saudi royal family has managed to take what was a booming national economy and turn it into a debt that would almost put the USA's debt to shame.... I did say almost since their defict is not even close to ours.

Guest Anti-Oil

The mideast and yes all of the mideast excluding Israel hates the U.S. Why? because we as a Country have accomplished more in two hundred twenty some years have then they could have in 2000. Will there ever be peace? answer, simple no! My suggestion for the U.S. get out and start to invest in research and development for alternative sources of power! Like maybe the sun but big oil in this country dosn't want to hear that and we all know who big oil's poster boy is thats right dubya. God Bless America

Guest Anti-Oil

The mideast and yes all of the mideast excluding Israel hates the U.S. Why? because we as a Country have accomplished more in two hundred twenty some years have then they could have in 2000. Will there ever be peace? answer, simple no! My suggestion for the U.S. get out and start to invest in research and development for alternative sources of power! Like maybe the sun but big oil in this country dosn't want to hear that and we all know who big oil's poster boy is thats right dubya. God Bless America

Do you people even known who is America's biggest oil supplier is?

CANADA!!!!!!!!

Yes,that's right, Canada! 80 percent of our oil is from there.

We have more than enough oil producing materials right here in the USA, it's called SHALE. Do some research and you will find out that when broken down shale produces oil.

I don't believe anti oil was asking what country The U.S. gets most of their oil from, but was suggesting that we move away from the burning of fossil fuels , and look into cleaner alternatives, like solar or wind! So the you people and do your research comments really had no relevance relating to this particular post.

Guest whateva

The only way this argument will ever end is if Kearny is actually attacked and you all die. Not to say I'd want that to happen, but just stop arguing over it. We all know that terrorism is a myth, anyway. :(

Guest StudiesandObservations
The only way this argument will ever end is if Kearny is actually attacked and you all die. Not to say I'd want that to happen, but just stop arguing over it. We all know that terrorism is a myth, anyway. :(

Tell that to:

The car-bombing victims in Israel

The car bombing victims all over Europe in the 70's and 80's

The Terrorism Victims in Northern Ireland and Britain

The Victims of Pan Am Flight 103

The Victims of the first WTC bombing

The Victims of the Murragh building Bombing in OKC

The Victims of the 9-11 attacks in NY, Va, and Pa

There's a whole lot of Dead and injured people to prove that terrorism is, in fact VERY real.

Archived