JULY 4th

Guest ENRAGED

Guest ENRAGED

I am enraged with the towns decision to cancel the 4th of July celebration!!!!!

Since when does the United States of America worry that it MIGHT rain late evening and that maybe it MIGHT be during the fireworks display??????????

This event was cancelled at 11AM who's decision was this ???? THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT ? THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ? or THE FIRE DEPARTMENT ? every other town in the teri state area had fireworks this evening !!!! Do you think that people , after working all day want to rush, cook dinner, dress the kids and then go to the fireworks on the 5th of July? I don't think so,

I think that this town is going downhill FAST!!!!!! and I for one, with the taxes I pay, I am seriously thinking of moving out of a town that holds nothing sacred anymore

Guest Guest

Since when does the United States of America worry that it MIGHT rain late evening and that maybe it MIGHT be during the fireworks display??????????

This  event was cancelled at 11AM  who's decision was this ???? THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT ? THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ? or THE FIRE DEPARTMENT ? every other town in the teri state area had fireworks this evening !!!! Do you think that people , after working all day want to rush, cook dinner, dress the kids and then go to the fireworks on the 5th of July? I don't think so,

I think that this town is going downhill FAST!!!!!! and I for one, with the taxes I pay, I am seriously thinking of moving out of a town that holds nothing sacred anymore

Your anger is understood and your right. But then again this might be an effort to save money to keep taxes down. Who's idea was it to cancel. Where I live now we had a beautiful display of fire works that lasted forty five minutes. This comunity reminds me of how Kearny used to be. keep in mind that dems are not big on waving the flag, burning it maybe but not showing pride and respect. Good luck in Kearny and remember in November!

Guest Mayor

This  event was cancelled at 11AM  who's decision was this ???? THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT ? THE POLICE DEPARTMENT ? or THE FIRE DEPARTMENT ? every other town in the teri state area had fireworks this evening !!!! Do you think that people , after working all day want to rush, cook dinner, dress the kids and then go to the fireworks on the 5th of July? I don't think so,

Go take your meds and lie down.

Guest Guest

I believe the decision to POSTPONE (not cancel) was made by the former Ex-Superintendent of Recreation.

Someone I work with said he called the Police Dept. and they said the fireworks were still on until further notice. That was at 2:00pm. He gathered all of his grandchildren and waited with alot of other people, I can not even come close to how pissed he is. I would be too. I cannot go tonight, so my children are going to miss out. What is going on with Kearny? Have they lost the spirit or is it that there is not enough Americans left? It makes me so angry, this town is nothing what it used to be. Where are the Americans?

Guest Patriot
Someone I work with said he called the Police Dept. and they said the fireworks were still on until further notice.  That was at 2:00pm.  He gathered all of his grandchildren and waited with alot of other people,  I can not even come close to how pissed he is.  I would be too.  I cannot go tonight, so my children are going to miss out.  What is going on with Kearny?  Have they lost the spirit or is it that there is not enough Americans left?  It makes me so angry, this town is nothing what it used to be.  Where are the Americans?

Was the mayor born in the U.S. ?? He has the last word on canceling the fireworks.

Guest Guest
Someone I work with said he called the Police Dept. and they said the fireworks were still on until further notice.  That was at 2:00pm.  He gathered all of his grandchildren and waited with alot of other people,  I can not even come close to how pissed he is.  I would be too.  I cannot go tonight, so my children are going to miss out.  What is going on with Kearny?  Have they lost the spirit or is it that there is not enough Americans left?  It makes me so angry, this town is nothing what it used to be.  Where are the Americans?

nobody in this town cares about the U.S.A anyway...look how many stupid portugal flags are being flown cause of the world cup.... i didnt see that many people supporting the U.S when they were still in it.its sad..real sad

Guest Guest

Moved on to bigger and better pastures. The Pork Chops run the town now ! There are way more Portugese flags flying around town than American flags. You would think that they would at least fly an American flag to celebrate the country that lets them open up their restaurants and masonary businesses. I hear next year they are going to shoot off shrimp and garlic on the 4th with the grand finale being a big explosion of paella. I knew it was bad when I found myself rooting for France today in the world cup just so I didn't have to hear the horns of broken down cars riding down my street full of 12 passengers yelling at the top of their lungs because their team won.

:P NO YAH TELLING THE TRUTH? santos dump the 4th? man what will he screw next? BUT TAXES WILL GO UP!!!COUNT ON THAT!!!! :P:P:D

not only were the fireworks postponed which pissed me off but they had them today and my question is this: Since when is cher patriotic? I was happy towards the end when they began to play patriotic music, but the entire extravaganza should have had patriotic music. No Santana, Cher and who ever else they played before i put one of my headphones on and listened to my own, patriotic, music.

Guest we know
I believe the decision to POSTPONE (not cancel) was made by the former Ex-Superintendent of Recreation.

Who is the BOSS in Kearny? Thats who had the final say. Now Mayor are you hiding again? All towns had fireworks but KEARNY something is totally wrong with this mayor and council.

Guest Guest

Your absolutely right.... the majority of the people who live in Kearny now, do not know what the 4th of July signifies. Little do they realize that they wouldn't be living here if it wasn't for the freedom of our country, that we all honor the 4th of July. They don't celebrate our Independence day, but they have all their celebrations brought into our country and celebrate them here... If their celebrations are so great, why did they come here.... I am so sick of having to give up or have our traditions taken away because it offends the foriegners... TOO BAD.... AGAIN I SAY, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.............. GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM, AND SHAME ON OUR GOVERNMENT FOR ALLOWING THEM TO TAKE OVER. IF WE MOVED TO ANOTHER COUNTRY, WE WOULD HAVE TO ADAPT TO THEIR LAWS AND CUSTOMS, CORRECT????????????

Guest guest

Sorry you couldn't make it last night. The fireworks were beautiful, the music was wonderful and everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves, American or not.

Did he call the KPD? All departments (KPD, KFD & DPW) were aware of the decision to postpone at approximately 11:00am. I spoke with a KPD member that worked the desk and all callers after that time were advised they were postponed.

What is very frustrating is that this info shold have been posted on the town website as the first course of action.

JW

Guest Pierre

VIVA LA FRANCE!!!!!

Moved on to bigger and better pastures. The Pork Chops run the town now ! There are way more Portugese flags flying around town than American flags. You would think that they would at least fly an American flag to celebrate the country that lets them open up their restaurants and masonary businesses. I hear next year they are going to shoot off shrimp and garlic on the 4th with the grand finale being a big explosion of paella. I knew it was bad when I found myself rooting for France today in the world cup just so I didn't have to hear the horns of broken down cars riding down my street full of 12 passengers yelling at the top of their lungs because their team won.

Guest Guest

Kearny no longer celebrates the 4th of July as it's not American anymore.......

Did he call the KPD?  All departments (KPD, KFD & DPW) were aware of the decision to postpone at approximately 11:00am.  I spoke with a KPD member that worked the desk and all callers after that time were advised they were postponed.

What is very frustrating is that this info shold have been posted on the town website as the first course of action.

JW

nobody in this town cares about the U.S.A anyway...look how many stupid portugal flags are being flown cause of the world cup.... i didnt see that many people supporting the U.S when they were still in it.its sad..real sad

:P It is sad, but we have our American Flags out. We supported them all the way. We will always support our beautiful country until death!

Did he call the KPD?  All departments (KPD, KFD & DPW) were aware of the decision to postpone at approximately 11:00am.  I spoke with a KPD member that worked the desk and all callers after that time were advised they were postponed.

JW

Yes, that is what he said, and your right, it should have been posted on the website.

:P You do not see too many of the other country's flags anymore. :P Take a look around town, it is beautiful! :lol:

Guest righteousness.

It's a sad day when someone so blatantly prejudiced and biased gets the support of an equally sadistic bulletin board community. All of you misinformed high school dropouts might have missed formative history lessons: America was forged on the collective skills of many immigrant groups (be it masonry OR restaurant services). I'm disgusted that "proud" Americans could have missed such fundamentals. Yes, you're bitter. Having to foster so much hate for a culture that you don't understand must be weighing pretty heavily on the chip on your shoulder. But I, for one, would rather be party to a shrimp and garlic shoot off than a celebration of blind patriotism and Nazi-esque dislike for those who wish to retain pride during the World Cup (once every four years) for their heritage.

Fold up your ignorance and put it in a drawer along with mementos of all your other inadequacies.

(P.S. Paella is a Spanish dish, you poor fool.)