Kearny Little League

Guest Guest

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coach Ken

I was "drafted" into coaching a team this year. There simply was no coach for my son's team so I made the commitment. I spent alot of time at practices and games. My wife made many phone calls to inform the kids of the practices and remind them of the games. I was very fortunate to have a few fathers help out - some every practice and every game. I had a great group of kids and everyone improved in many ways - in baseball, in sportsmanship, in teamwork, discipline and in how to act and how to treat others. These life lessons are really what little league is about. The only complaint I have is the lack of fields for practice. During the week every field was being used for games and it is difficult to practice without a proper infield. But that is not the league's fault. As for Gary, I know how much time I put in for one minor league team, he must have put in 10 times that. Headache after headache with rain outs, rescheduling, late running games, equipment, umpires, coaches and parents. Was everything perfect - no. But the job got done, the games got played, the kids had fun and overall he did a good job. Not only that but I find it offensive that anyone would criticize someone who gave so much of his time for the kids. If anyone was not happy with what was happening they could have offered assistance and tried to improve things. Discouraging an active person by complaining about him can only lead to one less person working for the kids. That is counter productive. Instead, encourage him and all the coaches and offer support and assistance. Gary should be proud of his work as I am of mine and my team and their families. Next year come and help us, all of you, in whatever way you can. Hey, why wait til next year? Soccer coaches are needed for the Fall! Coach Ken.

Guest Guest

Hey "Guest" Sorry to disappoint you, but there was never a special Rec Dept meeting in regards to little league, or any meeting that I was summoned to attend, so wherever you get your information, it's incorrect. If you know me, then you know I could care less if you or anybody else likes me. Do you think writing an anonymous email gives you any credability? It doesn't, it just shows how pathetic and uninformed you are.

Hey, should I sign you up now to help out with the Kearny Tournament this week? Oh thats right I can't, you don't have a name.

Your telling me that there was no meeting that you and the few ******* Pony league coaches were asked to attend ? If you say no, you're lieing through the few teeth you have.

P.S

It doesn't matter that I sign my posts anonymously, what matters here is the truth. And if your implying that I am not signing my posts because I'm afraid of you, you're sadly mistaken. I have my reasons for not signing my posts and the main one is that my kid plays in this league and I am a coach in this leage also. I don't want any decisions not going my way because I don't feel you're doing a good job.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest gary blanco
Your telling me that there was no meeting that you and the few ******* Pony league coaches were asked to attend ? If you say no, you're lieing through the few teeth you have.

P.S

It doesn't matter that I sign my posts anonymously, what matters here is the truth. And if your implying that I am not signing my posts because I'm afraid of you, you're sadly mistaken. I have my reasons for not signing my posts and the main one is that my kid plays in this league and I am a coach in this leage also. I don't want any decisions not going my way because I don't feel you're doing a good job.

KOTW  Note: The above post was edited for content.

FIRST OF ALL I AS PRESIDENT OF LITTLE LEAGUE WAS NOT REQUESTED TO ATTEND THE REC MEETING THAT EVENING BECAUSE LITTLE LEAGUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PONY LEAGUE, WHICH IS NOW BABE RUTH. SECONDLY I ATTEND ALMOST EVERY REC MEETING IN CASE PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF HAVE COMPLAINED TO THE TOWN AND I AM THERE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THEY MAY HAVE.THIRD OF ALL IF YOU SAY YOUR A COACH IN THE LEAGUE AND YOU ARE AFRAID OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF SOMETHING NOT GOING YOUR WAY, AND IF YOU KNOW ME I WOULD NEVER TAKE ANYTHING OUT ON THE KID YOURS OR ANY OTHER! AND IF YOU ARE A QUOTE-UNQUOTE COACH IN THIS LEAGUE AND FEEL I AM NOT DOING A GOOD JOB, """TAKE THE POSITION"""! I PERSONALY DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOUR PURPOSE IS TO BASH OR CREATE CONTROVERSY WITHIN THE LEAGUE OR WITH ME. YOU MAY WANT TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AGAIN BEFORE YOU POST HERE! OH AND BY THE WAY THE SUMMER TOURNAMENT IS GOING ON AND KEARNY LITTLE LEAGUE COULD USE SOME HELP IN THE STANDS, SCOREKEEPING, OR MAYBE JUST HELPING OUT WITH THE FIELDS SO THE TEAMS FROM ALL AROUND SEE THAT WE: KEARNY LITTLE LEAGUE CARE ABOUT OUR LEAGUE, OUR KIDS, AND THE FUTURE OF KEARNY BASEBALL, SO INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING HERE COME DOWN TO THE FIELDS AND HELP OUT WITH THE TOURNAMENT.

:blink::lol:

Guest Guest
Once again, the webmaster hasn't posted my reply. Must be the loudmouth from Jersey City behind this website. ;)

Can you be more of an idiot? Yeah, your right, the webmaster is from Jersey City, and just does KEARNY ON THE WEB to annoy you......so what else in your sad life is a conspiracy? :lol:

Guest Guest

P.S

KOTW  Note: The above post was edited for content.

why not call Cattafi or Martone and find out who was at the "meeting" instead of asking the LL President. Just wondering, but why do you care? With the Town taking over Pony, I would guess THEY were the ones asked to attend.

Guest Parent
FIRST OF ALL I AS PRESIDENT OF LITTLE LEAGUE WAS NOT REQUESTED TO ATTEND THE REC MEETING THAT EVENING BECAUSE LITTLE LEAGUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PONY LEAGUE, WHICH IS NOW BABE RUTH. SECONDLY I ATTEND ALMOST EVERY REC MEETING IN CASE PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF HAVE COMPLAINED TO THE TOWN AND I AM THERE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THEY MAY HAVE.THIRD OF ALL IF YOU SAY YOUR A COACH IN THE LEAGUE AND YOU ARE AFRAID OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF SOMETHING NOT GOING YOUR WAY, AND IF YOU KNOW ME I WOULD NEVER TAKE ANYTHING OUT ON THE KID YOURS OR ANY OTHER! AND IF YOU ARE A QUOTE-UNQUOTE COACH IN THIS LEAGUE AND FEEL I AM NOT DOING A GOOD JOB, """TAKE THE POSITION"""! I PERSONALY DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOUR PURPOSE IS TO BASH OR CREATE CONTROVERSY WITHIN THE LEAGUE OR WITH ME. YOU MAY WANT TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AGAIN BEFORE YOU POST HERE! OH AND BY THE WAY THE SUMMER TOURNAMENT IS GOING ON AND KEARNY LITTLE LEAGUE COULD USE SOME HELP IN THE STANDS, SCOREKEEPING, OR MAYBE JUST HELPING OUT WITH THE FIELDS SO THE TEAMS FROM ALL AROUND SEE THAT WE: KEARNY LITTLE LEAGUE CARE ABOUT OUR LEAGUE, OUR KIDS, AND THE FUTURE OF KEARNY BASEBALL, SO INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING HERE COME DOWN TO THE FIELDS AND HELP OUT WITH THE TOURNAMENT.

;)  :D

You owe these people no explanations, tell'em all to kiss your *** Gary :lol:

Guest Guest

:D  :D

My facts are straight ! I never said you had anything to do with the PONY League but I know for a fact that you and the PONY League heads were called in to a meeting to get a stern talking to.

P.S

How do you know that I'm not already helping out with the Summer Tournament ? ;):lol:

My facts are straight ! I never said you had anything to do with the PONY League but I know for a fact that you and the PONY League heads were called in to a meeting to get a stern talking to.

P.S

How do you know that I'm not already helping out with the Summer Tournament ? ;)  :lol:

Your right I don't know if your helping out, but I doubt it.

And again, I WAS NEVER ASKED TO ATTEND A MEETING. If anyone was asked to attend a meeting it most likely was the heads of PONY, but LL had no reason to be there. Wherever you get your "facts", they are wrong. Maybe during your complaining to the Rec. Dept someone tried to make you feel better and told you "they'd speak to me", but again, I was never asked to attend a meeting at the Town, Rec or any place else. A stern talking too, give me a break! Obviously your being told inaccuarate information, and really don't want the truth. So this is a dead issue to me

Guest Long Time LL'er

P.S

How do you know that I'm not already helping out with the Summer Tournament ? ;)  :lol:

Coach, once again, I am also a LL member who attends every meeting. Your time to be a man and stand up to air your grievances has passed. You didn't do it at the meetings, so don't do it here. It's guys like you, not our president, who have ruined this league. So the smartest thing you can do right now, Coach, is SHUT UP.

Guest Longer KLL Activist
Coach, once again, I am also a LL member who attends every meeting. Your time to be a man and stand up to air your grievances has passed. You didn't do it at the meetings, so don't do it here.  It's guys like you, not our president, who have ruined this league.  So the smartest thing you can do right now, Coach, is SHUT UP.

I can't take the BS no more. I have been involved with KLL for over 30 years and the fact of the matter is the League has been a disgrace for some time now. Mr. Blanco took the Pres. position, a job he WANTED. I know all about the time, dedication, etc, etc ,etc., that one devotes to the position. I was there too. BUT you know what your getting into when you TAKE THE JOB!!!!! With that said, this season was not run well at all. There was all new types of fund raising and there were teams that did not even receive (1) baseball!!! There were many , many ISSUES happening at pratices and games!!! Much confusion and no communications. It's now almost August and kids not in pocession of trophy's. No end of season party as promised to date. Many more things to mention, but I won't waste my time here posting, so that Mr. Blanco and his few pals can continue to bash back at a coach that happens to be not on the same field as them.

I interact with many, many people in town and the general, OVERWHELMING concensus is that Little League is not up to par, not even close. I do thank you for you time you put in, that can not be taken away from you, but that goes with the job. But pattings on the back are only for successful venues and yours wasn't!!

Until someone steps up that has business, organization and leadership skills, a people personality and a group of indivduals for support staff, for no one person can run this League, and of coarse the TIME to do it, this League will continue to flounder!

Guest Guest
I can't take the BS no more. I have been involved with KLL for over 30 years and the fact of the matter is the League has been a disgrace for some time now. Mr. Blanco took the Pres. position, a job he WANTED. I know all about the time, dedication, etc, etc ,etc., that one devotes to the position. I was there too. BUT you know what your getting into when you TAKE THE JOB!!!!!  With that said, this season was not run well at all. There was all new types of fund raising and there were teams that did not even receive (1) baseball!!! There were many , many ISSUES happening at pratices and games!!! Much confusion and no communications. It's now almost August and kids not in pocession of trophy's. No end of season party as promised to date. Many more things to mention, but I won't waste my time here posting, so that Mr. Blanco and his few pals can continue to bash back at a coach that happens to be not on the same field as them.

I interact with many, many people in town and the general, OVERWHELMING concensus is that Little League is not up to par, not even close. I do thank you for you time you put in, that can not be taken away from you, but that goes with the job. But pattings on the back are only for successful venues and yours wasn't!!

Until someone steps up that has business, organization and leadership skills, a people personality and a group of indivduals for support staff, for no one person can run this League, and of coarse the TIME to do it, this League will continue to flounder!

Quick question, but do realize there's a Town Tournament going on? The All-Stars basically got under way right after the season ended. Have you asked Mr. Blanco when the trophies will be distributed, or when an end of year party will be? If you did then you wouldn't be making the comments you have. The people who have called Gary, me for one, know whats going on with the awards dinner.

Your right, there were problems during this season, but if you've "been in this position" and have "been in the league" for so long, why not offer your experience and wisdom to Mr. Blanco. I've had my share of run-ins with him during the season, and though I haven't coached for very long, I've offered ideas and suggestions to help make things run alittle smoother.

There will always be problems, and BS, regardless of who is running it. Handling a league of this size is not a easy task, I will pat him on the back for WANTING to do a job alot of us didn't.

Guest Guest
I can't take the BS no more. I have been involved with KLL for over 30 years and the fact of the matter is the League has been a disgrace for some time now. Mr. Blanco took the Pres. position, a job he WANTED. I know all about the time, dedication, etc, etc ,etc., that one devotes to the position. I was there too. BUT you know what your getting into when you TAKE THE JOB!!!!!  With that said, this season was not run well at all. There was all new types of fund raising and there were teams that did not even receive (1) baseball!!! There were many , many ISSUES happening at pratices and games!!! Much confusion and no communications. It's now almost August and kids not in pocession of trophy's. No end of season party as promised to date. Many more things to mention, but I won't waste my time here posting, so that Mr. Blanco and his few pals can continue to bash back at a coach that happens to be not on the same field as them.

You talk about "a group individuals for support staff" isn't that what the coaches and division presidents should be now? Gary can't run this league or ruin this league by himself. Alot of people I witnessed this season should be ashamed of themselves for the way they acted in regards to helping out. That includes "his" field as well as the Oval. You know who you are Coach(es)! I also wonder why you mention you don't want him and his pals "bashing back at a coach that happens to be not on the same field as them?" Its strange that you wouldn't want anyone to think your from the South, COACH... :huh:

Guest Baseball Parent
Quick question, but do realize there's a Town Tournament going on? The All-Stars basically got under way right after the season ended. Have you asked Mr. Blanco when the trophies will be distributed, or when an end of year party will be? If you did then you wouldn't be making the comments you have. The people who have called Gary, me for one, know whats going on with the awards dinner.

Your right, there were problems during this season, but if you've "been in this position" and have "been in the league" for so long, why not offer your experience and wisdom to Mr. Blanco. I've had my share of run-ins with him during the season, and though I haven't coached for very long, I've offered ideas and suggestions to help make things run alittle smoother. 

There will always be problems, and BS, regardless of who is running it. Handling a league of this size is not a easy task, I will pat him on the back for WANTING to do a job alot of us didn't.

It's amazing!! Sounds like this is Gary answering every post, only changing names each time!!!

Maybe there isn't really 4 or 5 people that think he is doing a good job!!! :huh:

Now this is right from gary's mouth: We will have a pizza party the 2nd week of July, on the "soccer field" and trophies will be given out at that time.

So, you must be the only "one" that knows anything.

Awards dinner??? I will write you back after the "awards dinner" to let you know how it was!!!

Oh, and in answer to your question---- YES I did ask Gary about the trophies and the "AWARDS DINNER" and the above answer is what I got!!!

Guest KLL Activist
You talk about "a group individuals for support staff" isn't that what the coaches and division presidents should be now? Gary can't run this league or ruin this league by himself. Alot of people I witnessed this season should be ashamed of themselves for the way they acted in regards to helping out. That includes "his" field as well as the Oval. You know who you are Coach(es)! I also wonder why you mention you don't want him and his pals "bashing back at a coach that happens to be not on the same field as them?" Its strange that you wouldn't want anyone to think your from the South, COACH... :huh:

You are so off the mark!!!!!

"not on the same field" no pun intended, had no meaning to it, so in regards to a coach in the South, you are wrong.

"a group of individuals for support staff" are certainly not the coaches. Coaches are made up of mainly parents of players that take the position because if they don't nobody will and teams would not have coaches.

"his" field, pal you got issues!!!!

"support staff", should be made up of approx., 4-6 individuals , who do not coach, but perform the daily duties to run the League efficiently and proper, i.e., scheduling, snack stands (including stocking/ordering/staffing), communications (informing all coaches as to what is going on) so they have some type of answer to give to parents, prevent them from looking like idiots, fund raising/finances, etc., etc.

I'm stopping here, for no matter what is posted here there are always the same responses, "why don't you do it", "do it yourself". The people who read this and have no agenda with anyone, know this is correct. If I was a multi millionare I would do the job, but until someone can pay all my expenses I do not have the amount of time needed to dedicate to such a great undertaking.

As for your last comment, "gary can't ruin the league by himself", YES HE CAN!!!

He is the PRESIDENT and what goes down is a direct relation to him!!!! He calls the shots, along with some input from others. :lol:

Guest Guest

"not on the same field" no pun intended, had no meaning to it, so in regards to a coach in the South, you are wrong.

"a group of individuals for support staff" are certainly not the coaches. Coaches are made up of mainly parents of players that take the position because if they don't nobody will and teams would not have coaches.

"support staff", should be made up of approx., 4-6 individuals , who do not coach, but perform the daily duties to run the League efficiently and proper, i.e., scheduling, snack stands (including stocking/ordering/staffing), communications (informing all coaches as to what is going on) so they have some type of answer to give to parents, prevent them from looking like idiots, fund raising/finances, etc., etc.

I'm stopping here, for no matter what is posted here there are always the same responses, "why don't you do it", "do it yourself".  The people who read this and have no agenda with anyone, know this is correct. If I was a multi millionare I would do the job, but until someone can pay all my expenses I do not have the amount of time needed to dedicate to such a great undertaking.

As for your last comment, "gary can't ruin the league by himself", YES HE CAN!!!

He is the PRESIDENT and what goes down is a direct relation to him!!!! He calls the shots, along with some input from others. :ph34r:

The chances of KLL getting the type of "Dream Team" support staff you talk about will never happen. And as for parents helping, sadly most want to pay their registration and be done with it.

Guest Guest
It's amazing!! Sounds like this is Gary answering every post, only changing names each time!!!

Maybe there isn't really 4 or 5 people that think he is doing a good job!!! :ph34r:

Now this is right from gary's mouth: We will have a pizza party the 2nd week of July, on the "soccer field" and trophies will be given out at that time.

So, you must be the only "one" that knows anything.

Awards dinner???  I will write you back after the "awards dinner" to let you know how it was!!!

Oh, and in answer to your question---- YES I did ask Gary about the trophies and the "AWARDS DINNER" and the above answer is what I got!!!

The T-ballers had their pizza party and trophies on the soccer field 2 weeks ago.

Guest Guest

I'm stopping here, for no matter what is posted here there are always the same responses, "why don't you do it", "do it yourself".  The people who read this and have no agenda with anyone, know this is correct. If I was a multi millionare I would do the job, but until someone can pay all my expenses I do not have the amount of time needed to dedicate to such a great undertaking.

He is the PRESIDENT and what goes down is a direct relation to him!!!! He calls the shots, along with some input from others. :ph34r:

relax....you sound alittle too angry, go to the beach and cool off! :lol:

• 1 month later...
T Baller players had trophies and pizza on the back field Sunday the 23th.

Mini minors just had their trophy's and pizza this past weekend. Our thanks go out to the toothless wonder for getting the kids their trophy's in a timely fashion. GOOD JOB !!!!

Guest Gary's Wife
Mini minors just had their trophy's and pizza this past weekend. Our thanks go out to the toothless wonder for getting the kids their trophy's in a timely fashion. GOOD JOB !!!!

Trophies and pizza parties were done this late in the season so everyone is back to school and not away on vacation, which allows everyone to attend. The major awards are being given out on Sept. 24th for the same reason, so everyone can participate.

Also, I doubt very much you'd speak to Gary in that manner in person. How dare you feel it apropriate to "bash" him personally. Be an adult, if you MUST comment, do everyone a favor and keep the topic to Little League. You may not agree with everything Gary does in regards to the little league, but keep in mind he has a family who reads this web-site.

Quote=Guest,Sep 12 2006, 09:48 PM]

Isn't the season over?? You seem alittle too caught up in a rec. sport. If your so unhappy with the person who's running the league, remember that when it's time to sign up again next Spring, and don't sign up! That way you don't have to get upset because you disagree with how things are being ran, and WE don't have to put up with another season of your idiotic posts! In the meantime, go play football or soccer to free up your time.

Guest Baseball Parent

Guest from July 29, 2006,

I told you I would write you back after the AWARDS DINNER, well here we go.

The AWARDS DINNER that you knew all about, because YOU asked Gary, was held on Saturday, Sept.9, 2006.

It was a wonderful GALA!!! The evening started off with a 1 hour cocktail hour, followed up with 3 hours of white glove served 5 coarse meal. Just when you thought it couldn't get better there was a 1 hour open venetian table that the kids just couldn't get enough of!!!!!

I just wished we could have done this 2 1/2 months ago when the season ended because the kids didn't know what all this fanfare was for.

But thanks for giving me a heads up about the AWARDS DINNER you knew all about!!! :lol:

Archived