Mayor and Council attack on KPD, What about KFD?

Guest Guest

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. From the post I replied to, it sounded like the same number of people were employed, just that instead of there being some captains and some lieutenants, they were all captains. So that's why I asked my question. If I missed something, point it out, but clearly,please.                                                                                                             

A Captain makes a lot more money than a lieutentant..... If they had 10 Captains and 15 lieutenants the town would save a lot of money. Now a fireman who is at the bottom and makes captain jumps to the top without any steps like lieutenant. Not the way it was a long time ago. FIREMAN-LIETENANT-CAPTAIN now is it clear for you!!!!!!! Check the townhall for the pay scale.....

Be carefull what you ask for. The truth hurts.

78333[/snapback]

The forum and/or you fail at nested quoting.

I don't regret at all asking; I like informing myself. :P

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Fire Dept the Captains have six pay steps to get to top pay. This saves the town a lot of money. The steps were put in place a long time ago in place of the step of Lietenant. The structure of the Fire Dept is more complex than your statement above. Sorry I just don't have the time to explain all of it. I hope this information as little as it is will help.

Have a nice day!            Merry Christmas!        :)

78290[/snapback]

:rolleyes: What happen to the rank of lieutenant and why? Can anyone answer?

If it's not a mans job then why do the cops all gather around like little kids and watch the big boys fight the fires? I dont see any women on the KFD but I see plenty on the PD side. Coincidence? I think not. Go screw!

78175[/snapback]

The little kids that you talk about my friend are always the first to a fire scene, first into the building to evacuate it, and a lot of time we have the small fires out before the fire dept. even arrives. The Kearny Fire Dept. has a lot of well respected members in its ranks, but you "big boy" I doubt are one of them. And your comment on women is very narrow minded and maybe even a little phobic.

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. From the post I replied to, it sounded like the same number of people were employed, just that instead of there being some captains and some lieutenants, they were all captains. So that's why I asked my question. If I missed something, point it out, but clearly,please.                                                                                                             

A Captain makes a lot more money than a lieutentant..... If they had 10 Captains and 15 lieutenants the town would save a lot of money. Now a fireman who is at the bottom and makes captain jumps to the top without any steps like lieutenant. Not the way it was a long time ago. FIREMAN-LIETENANT-CAPTAIN now is it clear for you!!!!!!! Check the townhall for the pay scale.....

Be carefull what you ask for. The truth hurts.

78333[/snapback]

Does anyone know if this information is true?

The little kids that you talk about my friend are always the first to a fire scene, first into the building to evacuate it, and a lot of time we have the small fires out before the fire dept. even arrives.  The Kearny Fire Dept. has a lot of well respected members in its ranks, but you "big boy" I doubt are one of them.  And your comment on women is very narrow minded and maybe even a little phobic.

79720[/snapback]

First of all, police cars don't belong in front of a fire building, they belong on the

corners blocking traffic. Fire apparatus need clear access to the front of the fire building. Cops don't belong inside fire buildings, they don't have

breathing apparatus or turn-out gear, you get overcome by smoke and the FF's

have to save your butt too. Quit trying to be heros, racing the fire trucks to the fire scene, clear the traffic and stay out of the way.

The little kids that you talk about my friend are always the first to a fire scene, first into the building to evacuate it, and a lot of time we have the small fires out before the fire dept. even arrives.  The Kearny Fire Dept. has a lot of well respected members in its ranks, but you "big boy" I doubt are one of them.  And your comment on women is very narrow minded and maybe even a little phobic.

79720[/snapback]

Relax big guy, that was probably posted by D'Arco to start a fight between the agencies.

First of all, police cars don't belong in front of a fire building, they belong on the

corners blocking traffic. Fire apparatus need  clear access to the front of the fire building.  Cops don't belong inside fire buildings, they don't have

have to save your butt too. Quit trying to be heros, racing the fire trucks to the fire scene, clear the  traffic and stay out of the way.

79846[/snapback]

speaking as a firefighter, I would say that you have to lay off the the cops a little. They don't do any of the crap that you are posting, and to tell you the truth I would rather have the guys that are riding around town and possibly seconds away from my burning house come in and get me than wait for my brothers to arrive from their house a few minutes later when we all know in a fire every second counts.

corners blocking traffic. Fire apparatus need  clear access to the front of the fire building.  Cops don't belong inside fire buildings, they don't have

have to save your butt too. Quit trying to be heros, racing the fire trucks to the fire scene, clear the  traffic and stay out of the way.

79846[/snapback]

A cop is always on patrol. They don't have beds to sleep at night.

79846[/snapback]

I highly doubt the Police are trying to be hero's "racing" to a fire. They are always out on the street, so it is reasonable that they will be the first there. They don't have to put their uniforms on and get into the truck before moving. Also the fact the Police Officers are first responders to they have an obligation to help the people inside the building. Then add in the fact that, though KFD is a great department, they have to set up a command post before they can do anything on the scene, the Police are aloud to make split decisions on their own without waiting to hear the command from a command post. If you look at it, the majority of the time, the police have the people out of the building before the FD even arrives. And as I said, I have the utmost respect for the KFD, but that is the way it works on the street, the KPD is always gonna be there first.

And as to parking in front of the building, I'm sure the officers aren't thinking about where they park when they see a little kid in the window of the house.

speaking as a firefighter, I would say that you have to lay off the the cops a little. They don't do any of the crap that you are posting, and to tell you the truth I would rather have the guys that are riding around town and possibly seconds away from my burning house come in and get me than wait for my brothers to arrive from their house a few minutes later when we all know in a fire every second counts.

79944[/snapback]

If they're running into fire buildings trying to evacuate people then they're parked

out on the street in front of the fire building. Police cars don't belong in front of the fire building, period.

79846[/snapback]

Go back to bed-- you're two day workweek is almost over.

Guest Kpdpipes

79944[/snapback]

Thanks Brother..I would hazard a guess that the poster you're responding to, as MOST of the ones on this thread are neither KFD or KPD..mainly because except for a few people we Do get along pretty well together, and, once on scene WORK well together. I cant think of any time you guys have had to "Rescue" any of our people..but i Can recall many times we'ce helped drag hose for you guys. Yes we get there first..mainly because we're already out there. It's not a matter of trying to "One-up" the FD it's a matter of the mandate that we BOTH have, Protect Lives and Property. I have NO desire to be a FF...Frankly fire scares the hell out of me but if we can get the people out, and clear the building when it's relatively safe to do so, that leaves the Firefighters with one less thing to worry about so they can work on the fire itself. People Knock the Firemen but they do a Whloe lot more behind the scenes than people realize, and NO ONE works as hard as they do at a fire scene. Despite some pot-stirrers attempts to poison our Relationship, we Do have a pretty good one, both working, and in many cases personal between the departments...which, im sure annoys the heck out of the Mayor and Council.

I highly doubt the Police are trying to be hero's "racing" to a fire. They are always out on the street, so it is reasonable that they will be the first there. They don't have to put their uniforms on and get into the truck before moving. Also the fact the Police Officers are first responders to they have an obligation to help the people inside the building. Then add in the fact that, though KFD is a great department, they have to set up a command post before they can do anything on the scene, the Police are aloud to make split decisions on their own without waiting to hear the command from a command post. If you look at it, the majority of the time, the police have the people out of the building before the FD even arrives. And as I said, I have the utmost respect for the KFD, but that is the way it works on the street, the KPD is always gonna be there first.

And as to parking in front of the building, I'm sure the officers aren't thinking about where they park when they see a little kid in the window of the house.

79974[/snapback]

:lol: I think the fire department should go on fire watch patrol 24-7 and see if they can get to the fire first. Other towns have it, why not make them earn their money.

Thanks Brother..I would hazard a guess that the poster you're responding to, as MOST of the ones on this thread are neither KFD or KPD..mainly because except for a few people we Do get along pretty well together, and, once on scene WORK well together.  I cant think of any time you guys have had to "Rescue" any of our people..but i Can recall many times we'ce helped drag hose for you guys.  Yes we get there first..mainly because we're already out there.  It's not a matter of trying to "One-up" the FD  it's a matter of the mandate that we BOTH have, Protect Lives and Property.  I have NO desire to be a FF...Frankly fire scares the hell out of me but if we can get the people out, and clear the building when it's relatively safe to do so, that leaves the Firefighters with one less thing to worry about so they can work on the fire itself.  People Knock the Firemen but they do a Whloe lot more behind the scenes than people realize, and NO ONE works as hard as they do at a fire scene.  Despite some pot-stirrers attempts to poison our Relationship, we Do have a pretty good one, both working, and in many cases personal between the departments...which, im sure annoys the heck out of the Mayor and Council.

80160[/snapback]

AMEN!!!!

Both organizations in town are top notch!

And as for the FD doing a 24/7 patrol like other fire departments? Name one fire department that goes out on a patrol? Ive never heard of that in my life. And if it does happen its very rare. Even military FDs dont operate like that

Go back to bed-- you're two day workweek is almost over.

80121[/snapback]

FF's may be sleeping one minute and crawling through choking smoke the next.

Cops may be sleeping in their patrol cars one minute and choking on donuts the

next.

Guest Guest_Quest_*
Thanks Brother..I would hazard a guess that the poster you're responding to, as MOST of the ones on this thread are neither KFD or KPD..mainly because except for a few people we Do get along pretty well together, and, once on scene WORK well together.  I cant think of any time you guys have had to "Rescue" any of our people..but i Can recall many times we'ce helped drag hose for you guys.  Yes we get there first..mainly because we're already out there.  It's not a matter of trying to "One-up" the FD  it's a matter of the mandate that we BOTH have, Protect Lives and Property.  I have NO desire to be a FF...Frankly fire scares the hell out of me but if we can get the people out, and clear the building when it's relatively safe to do so, that leaves the Firefighters with one less thing to worry about so they can work on the fire itself.  People Knock the Firemen but they do a Whloe lot more behind the scenes than people realize, and NO ONE works as hard as they do at a fire scene.  Despite some pot-stirrers attempts to poison our Relationship, we Do have a pretty good one, both working, and in many cases personal between the departments...which, im sure annoys the heck out of the Mayor and Council.

80160[/snapback]

Well put.I am neither a fireman or policeman,I am very proud of the KPD AND KFD.Instead of worrying about the pay given to police and fire,check out what DARCO ,TORRES CATTAFI ARE BEING PAID FOR DOING NOTHING FOR THE TOWN BUT CAUSING PROBLEMS,AND WASTING MONEY!!!!!

:rolleyes: I think the fire department should go on fire watch patrol 24-7 and see if they can get to the fire first. Other towns have it, why not make them earn their money.

80175[/snapback]

At over $3 a gallon for diesel, no thanks, leave the fire engines where they are until we need them.

FF's may be sleeping one minute and crawling through choking smoke the next.

Cops may be sleeping in their patrol cars one minute and choking on donuts the

next.

80259[/snapback]

Wow, cops and donuts, think that one up all by yourself,you must be very proud. Now go take your advil, I am sure all the thought you put into that post has given you a headache and left you drained. LOSER.

Guest Smokey Bear
:rolleyes: I think the fire department should go on fire watch patrol 24-7 and see if they can get to the fire first. Other towns have it, why not make them earn their money.

80175[/snapback]

:blink: You Idiot.

The chances of rolling up on a fire at ignition are ..... nil.

Even a few minutes extra make little difference with the average response time, what, maybe 3 -5 mins. KFD is not a volunteer department - no wait time for members to respond to quarters first.

In addition - can you imagine the fuel bill for all those sight seeing trips?

Well put.I am neither a fireman or policeman,I am very proud of the KPD AND KFD.Instead of worrying about the pay given to police and fire,check out what DARCO ,TORRES CATTAFI ARE BEING PAID FOR DOING NOTHING FOR THE TOWN BUT CAUSING PROBLEMS,AND WASTING MONEY!!!!!

80351[/snapback]

I PERSONALLY THINK THE WHOLE DISCUSSION BOARD SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT OF IT. THE ONLY THING YOU EVER SEE ON HERE IS PEOPLE BASHING EACH OTHER. ITS REDICULOUS!

:blink: You Idiot.

The chances of rolling up on a fire at ignition are ..... nil.

Even a few minutes extra make little difference with the average response time, what, maybe 3 -5 mins. KFD is not a volunteer department - no wait time for members to respond to quarters first.

In addition -  can you imagine the fuel bill for all those sight seeing trips?

80489[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Only if they are not eating , watching tv or sleeping in their beds. As far as fuel, they have cars and radios too. Then they can stop eating, watching tv and get out of bed and do their jobs.

I PERSONALLY THINK THE WHOLE DISCUSSION BOARD SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT OF IT. THE ONLY THING YOU EVER SEE ON HERE IS PEOPLE BASHING EACH OTHER. ITS REDICULOUS!

80512[/snapback]

if you don;t like whats on the discussion board then don;t log on.By the way learn how to spell the word RIDICULOUS MORON.

Guest SmarterThanYou
:lol: Only if they are not eating , watching tv or sleeping in their beds. As far as fuel, they have cars and radios too. Then they can stop eating, watching tv and get out of bed and do their jobs.

80894[/snapback]

Spoken like someone who's failed the fire exam or a jealous cop. Either way,

your bitterness is not good for your health, better get some professional help.

:rolleyes: Only if they are not eating , watching tv or sleeping in their beds. As far as fuel, they have cars and radios too. Then they can stop eating, watching tv and get out of bed and do their jobs.

80894[/snapback]

GOD FORBID SOMEBODY EATS FOOD IN A 24 HOUR TIME PERIOD. ARE YOU A RETARD? YOUR GOING TO COMPLAIN SOMEBODY IS EATING? SERIOUSLY? GET A LIFE LOSER