Mayor and Council attack on KPD, What about KFD?

Guest Guest

Why is the Mayor and Council attacking only the police department. What about Kearny Fire Department??? A long time ago they had the rank of Lieutenants and did away with the rank and made all of them Captains. Now the Fire Dept. has 5 (five) Deputy Chiefs and 25 (Twenty Five) Captains. If the Mayor and Council want to be fair, why not bring back the rank of Lieutenants and save the town some real money or do they only attack the Police Department????

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the Mayor and Council attacking only the police department. What about Kearny Fire Department??? A long time ago they had the rank of Lieutenants and did away with the rank and made all of them Captains. Now the Fire Dept. has 5 (five) Deputy Chiefs and 25 (Twenty Five) Captains. If the Mayor and Council want to be fair, why not bring back the rank of Lieutenants and save the town some real money or do they only attack the Police Department????

77784[/snapback]

Not only the KFD. How about the water dept. mayors aide MT, the recreation office 3 employees making over $60,ooo.oo plus, 1 ASSistant supervisor who is destroying all rec programs in town, 1secretary because she is connected to ****** does whatever she does.the superintendant of rec. who cannot do anything but organize parades because the mayor won;t let him do anything else. By the way what happen to the lawsuit he won .Did the town pay him yet or are we going back to court for another lawsuit.THE MAYOR IS A IDIOT!!!!!!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

77784[/snapback]

So they go from fireman to captain? No other ranks??? How much does a captain make????

77784[/snapback]

What exactly is it about having the rank of Lieutenant that saves so much money?

77784[/snapback]

Sounds like a disgruntled cop.

What exactly is it about having the rank of Lieutenant that saves so much money?

77845[/snapback]

How much does a fireman make and how much does (25) fire Captain's make? What is the difference?

In my opinion, The KFD should be completly voluntary. It is not a mans job. I know plenty of seniors who would love use of the gourmet kitchens, big screens tv's, and comfy beds. The service would not suffer on bit. No rank in the FD should be paid more than say $35,000.00/year if they insist on paying these white man welfare cases. 99% of them couldnt make it in the real world in a real job thats why they use their connections (nepotism) to get appointed.The KFD also does does not reflect the towns cultural changes and should look towards diversity. But the snobs hiring do want "those people," around.

The actually dropped the fire departments totally man power from 80 to 68 through attrition, dont let them fool you. They just saved a load of money with the FD and were able to get away with it without many people realizing what just had happend.

How much does a fireman make and how much does  (25) fire Captain's make? What is the difference?

77960[/snapback]

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. From the post I replied to, it sounded like the same number of people were employed, just that instead of there being some captains and some lieutenants, they were all captains. So that's why I asked my question. If I missed something, point it out, but clearly, please.

The actually dropped the fire departments totally man power from 80 to 68 through attrition, dont let them fool you. They just saved a load of money with the FD and were able to get away with it without many people realizing what just had happend.

78035[/snapback]

You say their are 68 firemen and 25 captains and five deputy chiefs. Too many chiefs and not enough indians

Guest I am a fireman
In my opinion, The KFD should be completly voluntary.  It is not a mans job.  I know plenty of seniors who would love use of the gourmet kitchens, big screens tv's, and comfy beds.  The service would not suffer on bit.  No rank in the FD should be paid more than say $35,000.00/year if they insist on paying these white man welfare cases.  99% of them couldnt make it in the real world in a real job thats why they use their connections (nepotism) to get appointed.The KFD also does does not reflect the towns cultural changes and should look towards diversity.  But the snobs hiring do want "those people," around.

78011[/snapback]

And this is FUNNY!!!!

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. From the post I replied to, it sounded like the same number of people were employed, just that instead of there being some captains and some lieutenants, they were all captains. So that's why I asked my question. If I missed something, point it out, but clearly, please.

78042[/snapback]

A Captain makes a lot more money than a lieutentant..... If they had 10 Captains and 15 lieutenants the town would save a lot of money. Now a fireman who is at the bottom and makes captain jumps to the top without any steps like lieutenant. Not the way it was a long time ago. FIREMAN-LIETENANT-CAPTAIN now is it clear for you!!!!!!! Check the townhall for the pay scale.....

Guest Kearny Taxpayer

In my opinion, The KFD should be completly voluntary. It is not a mans job. I know plenty of seniors who would love use of the gourmet kitchens, big screens tv's, and comfy beds. The service would not suffer on bit. No rank in the FD should be paid more than say $35,000.00/year if they insist on paying these white man welfare cases. 99% of them couldnt make it in the real world in a real job thats why they use their connections (nepotism) to get appointed.The KFD also does does not reflect the towns cultural changes and should look towards diversity. But the snobs hiring do want "those people," around.

78011[/snapback]

Sounds like "Albert" failed the fire exam. Try taking the police exam, it's

easier.

A Captain makes a lot more money than a lieutentant..... If they had 10 Captains and 15 lieutenants the town would save a lot of money. Now a fireman who is at the bottom and makes captain jumps to the top without any steps like lieutenant. Not the way it was a long time ago. FIREMAN-LIETENANT-CAPTAIN now is it clear for you!!!!!!! Check the townhall for the pay scale.....

78095[/snapback]

Okay, okay, no need for all the exclamation points. In fact, if you had posted only the chunk before that first set of periods, it would have been enough. :rolleyes:

In my opinion, The KFD should be completly voluntary.  It is not a mans job.  I know plenty of seniors who would love use of the gourmet kitchens, big screens tv's, and comfy beds.  The service would not suffer on bit.  No rank in the FD should be paid more than say $35,000.00/year if they insist on paying these white man welfare cases.  99% of them couldnt make it in the real world in a real job thats why they use their connections (nepotism) to get appointed.The KFD also does does not reflect the towns cultural changes and should look towards diversity.  But the snobs hiring do want "those people," around.

78011[/snapback]

If it's not a mans job then why do the cops all gather around like little kids and watch the big boys fight the fires? I dont see any women on the KFD but I see plenty on the PD side. Coincidence? I think not. Go screw!

Guest Kearny Taxpayer

78095[/snapback]

Sounds like a patrolman who's failed the Sgt's exam.

Okay, okay, no need for all the exclamation points. In fact, if you had posted only the chunk before that first set of periods, it would have been enough. :P

78162[/snapback]

Strife has a hang-up with puncuation. He doesn't like spaces between the last

letter and question marks, multiple exclamations, etc. I think it's a sign of

other problems only he knows about.

78095[/snapback]

In the Fire Dept the Captains have six pay steps to get to top pay. This saves the town a lot of money. The steps were put in place a long time ago in place of the step of Lietenant. The structure of the Fire Dept is more complex than your statement above. Sorry I just don't have the time to explain all of it. I hope this information as little as it is will help.

Have a nice day! Merry Christmas! :P

Strife has a hang-up with puncuation. He doesn't like spaces between the last

letter and question marks, multiple exclamations, etc.  I think it's a sign of

other problems only he knows about.

78256[/snapback]

Actually, it's a sign that I expect adults to write as if they have passed 5th grade English.

Are those expectations really too high?

If it's not a mans job then why do the cops all gather around like little kids and watch the big boys fight the fires? I dont see any women on the KFD but I see plenty on the PD side. Coincidence? I think not. Go screw!

78175[/snapback]

The cops are there to make sure the ff's don't come out of the houses with there pockets full, there known for that. And to see how many complain about smoke inhalation.

78175[/snapback]

A cop can stand alone. A fireman needs help and then only saves the foundation. They need some women, so they can get some balls!

Okay, okay, no need for all the exclamation points. In fact, if you had posted only the chunk before that first set of periods, it would have been enough. B)

78162[/snapback]

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. From the post I replied to, it sounded like the same number of people were employed, just that instead of there being some captains and some lieutenants, they were all captains. So that's why I asked my question. If I missed something, point it out, but clearly,please.

Be carefull what you ask for. The truth hurts.