ROADS

Guest NJD

Guest Guest
I love it. Best post I have seen in awhile. And one of the council members live on Davis Ave. so there is no excuse. Al is a ego manic ! Try talking to him and if you DISGREE with him he gets angry. Question him and he is OUTRAGED. Do we need a mayor who is a ego manic??? Check out his full page picture in the Kearny handbooks. You will be convinced..This CIRCUS MUST END.

If you damage you car or truck on Kearny's roads you have the

right to take legal action against the town.

When a street is reported to have pot holes and it is not

repaired you may have a case.

It not you fault you damaged your car,

Guest Concerned

:lol:

If you damage you car or truck on Kearny's roads you have the

right to take legal action against the town.

When a street is reported to have pot holes and it is not

repaired you may have a case.

It not you fault you damaged your car,

:( Just remember that Passaic and Schuyler Ave's are county roads

the town is NOT responsible for those roads. And also Davis Ave. between the parks,it is now spring this is the time to start paving, not before it was too cold, the ashphalt would have never adhered to the street properlyand we would have the same results in a few months.

Guest Guest
I would like to know the last time they visited Kearny. I doubt it was recently.

Kearny should not be #68 it should be #168 due to the fact

New Jersey has many more small towns, It was easy for NJ monthly

to give Kearny a good score.

How can you compair Kearny to Ridgewood, or Springfield, Etc.

If Kearny is so good, Why is there for sale sign's all over:

High taxes, crummy school system, high crime rate.

Guest guest
B)

B) Just remember that Passaic and Schuyler Ave's are county roads

the town is NOT responsible for those roads. And also Davis Ave. between the parks,it is now spring this is the time to start paving, not before it was too cold, the ashphalt would have never adhered to the street properlyand we would have the same results in a few months.

They have begun dropping plops of ashphalt around town so now we have little mounds, way to go! good job!

Guest Empty Pockets
Anyone drive up Laurel from Passaic to Kearny Ave, better go slow or you'll bottom out. :huh:

I used travel Davis Ave. every day, both directions until I had to spend $700 for a new front end on my car. I'm hoping that there is a part two to the work that was done there, and that in the very near future there will be a final paving job. It looks temporary now. Regardless of which streets I traveled to get to work and home again, I could not avoid disrepair. To whom do I send the $700 repair bill to get a reimbursed?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
I used travel Davis Ave. every day, both directions until I had to spend $700 for a new front end on my car.  I'm hoping that there is a part two to the work that was done there, and that in the very near future there will be a final paving job. It looks temporary now. Regardless of which streets I traveled to get to work and home again, I could not avoid disrepair. To whom do I send the $700 repair bill to get a reimbursed?

Maybe someone at town hall heard us, look at all the paving going on. Two of the streets mentioned are being or have been paved. Now let's get some resident parking permits, 2 hour parking for non residents in residential areas. You must reside in town and have your car legally registered and insured to obtain one. I know on my block parking is a problem and that would solve much of it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
Can you name the streets that have been improved during Santos' Administration?  Of  course not.  If you think the roads in Harrison are better, then you haven't read the Harrison forum.  Think our "sewer" bills will be going up?  Shows how much you know.  We don't get a sewer bill.

There has been competition in mayoral races before.  I think Pete McIntyre, Ed Callaghan, John Leadbeater, John Campbell and Jim Mangin all ran against him, but I guess no one wants to take a chance on being the next one to lose to Santos.

Well there you go smarty pants, taxes will be going up to cover the Passaic Valley increase, told you so dumb dumb.

Guest Ray the Plumber
Can you name the streets that have been improved during Santos' Administration?  Of  course not.  If you think the roads in Harrison are better, then you haven't read the Harrison forum.  Think our "sewer" bills will be going up?  Shows how much you know.  We don't get a sewer bill.

There has been competition in mayoral races before.  I think Pete McIntyre, Ed Callaghan, John Leadbeater, John Campbell and Jim Mangin all ran against him, but I guess no one wants to take a chance on being the next one to lose to Santos.

Your "Sewer Bill" is built into your H2O bill--Harrison just breaks it up and lets the people know when the PVSC is humping them---amd they love it because half the town council works there. Every water rate increase we get comes from them --under sewage rate increases. :huh::P:P

Guest Guest
Morejon is not just a nice guy he's a very well respected young man.  I give him credit for getting the street paved no matter what the Santonists say. Too bad he lost to Torres who as Morejon predicted  quit as soon as his mom let him.  The Mayor should have picked up free agent Morejon when Torres up and quit.  Morejon would have served the 1st ward well.  Morejon should run again and pick another street that needs to be paved. Who are our council people now?

As far as the redevelopment of the bat factory.  The Town should start with condeming the building that's an eyesore.  The Town should not let that building stand it's an eyesore and detracts from Kearny's appeal.  It's the first thing people see when they enter Kearny from the South.  The Mayor has dropped the ball on this issue.  Whoever owns the property must be politically connected.

They are too busy counting the under 10,000 in taxes Wal-Mart will pay in their other "Re-Development" zone. :P:P:P:huh::P

• 2 years later...
Guest Outraged Immigrant
I have to add my two cents to this post... I was walking down Kearny Ave. last Saturday morning, early... and was so disturbed by all the trash and garbage thrown about on the newly done beautification project. I also could not believe that from Afton Ave. to Bergan, every planter that is lined on the sidewalk had the trees pulled out of the dirt. This is a disgrace!!!!!! I feel that money was wasted on this beautification project because the immigrants and trash from Newark are moving in here and distroying our little town. and guess who is allowing it to happen.... WE ARE !!!!! it really is a shame, that our town is coming to this... where are all the cops when you have a group of hoodlums on the Ave. ripping out the trees, throwing the garbage around.. my guess would be that they are afraid of these menaces........ or something would be done. When I was growing up in Kearny, my generation were not allowed to just hang with a group of undesirables, we were chased and the cops always followed through.

Are you seriously suggesting that "immigrants" are "destroying our little town"? I don't mean to alarm you by causing you to open your eyes but I think it's important to notice that it was the immigrants who moved to East Newark, Harrison, Kearny, etc. who restored and replaced the dilapidated homes left by the home-grown old timers and their wretched off-spring. I agree with you that those who cause harm and direpair to our community must be stopped and held accountable; however, I strongly disagree in that your blame is misplaced. Ignorance is as intolerable as the destruction being done on Kearny Ave and around town and I, for one, am more inclined to focus my efforts on effectuating change than blaming those who have come here to make a better life for themselves and, in doing so, made a better neighborhood for all of us.

Guest guest
Are you seriously suggesting that "immigrants" are "destroying our little town"? I don't mean to alarm you by causing you to open your eyes but I think it's important to notice that it was the immigrants who moved to East Newark, Harrison, Kearny, etc. who restored and replaced the dilapidated homes left by the home-grown old timers and their wretched off-spring. I agree with you that those who cause harm and direpair to our community must be stopped and held accountable; however, I strongly disagree in that your blame is misplaced. Ignorance is as intolerable as the destruction being done on Kearny Ave and around town and I, for one, am more inclined to focus my efforts on effectuating change than blaming those who have come here to make a better life for themselves and, in doing so, made a better neighborhood for all of us.

There is only 1 reason this post would appear now. An election is coming and it appears we are trying to pit nationalities against each other. Otherwise why would it take 2 years for someone to post to the last post/

• 2 weeks later...
You think the mayor cares? that's a laugh! The only thing the mayor cares about is the mayor. It's to late for your little town , the way it was when we grew up is in the past and we can thank our elected officials for it. Keep your children close and watch out for the gangs like ms13, this is an invasion and no one cares. Start getting togeather and let your voice be heard. Save what you can. Now is the time!

it's not so much MS13 but rather the Latin kings, They are already in KHS and they hang out on the south end of Kearny. This is the problem we have, they urinate in home alleyways,drink in public and throw the empty containers on the sidewalk, They deal drugs openly on the street corner. Don't even try saying call the cops they bastards know every vice unit in town, twice on sunday night last they had 2 fist fights within their own gang the KPD was here both times and no one was arrested. This town has gone to hell

:o

:o Just remember that Passaic and Schuyler Ave's are county roads

Horsehockey streets can be paved in the winter, as a construction inspector I have personally overseen roadway repaving in the winter months when the road is " milled & tacked" and winter asphalt is applied at 300 degrees there is no problem. It's all of you morons who insist on driving on the pavement before it has been fully rolled and allowed to cool down. Your the ones causing the problems.

Archived