Vote Republican

Guest New Man

Don't you just love the Forrester campaign ads?

Like the one featuring Former Governor Tom Kean who, in his distincly un-Jersey accent, decries the things being said about his friend Doug Forrester. Forrester, he says, will rid NJ politics of corruption. Guess no one informed Kean that the Attorney General is conducting an investigation of Forrester's $89,000.00 per year in no-bid contracts, his alleged illegal campaign contributions and the suspected pocketing of drug company rebates.

Or the one where "Democrat" Dave McGraw vows his new allegiance to Forrester. Truth is, McGraw was a staunch Republican who actually served as a Republican Essex County Committeeman and was recently fired from his job as an Essex County Court Clerk for embezzling $55,000.00 in court funds. Credibility factor?

Did you forget Corzine's loan of almost $500,000 to the leader of the state's third largest labor union? Sorry, a loan implies that repayment is due; gift would have been the better word.

If its unethical, regardless of party, call it so. This is what makes me pity you, no sense of fair play.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you forget Corzine's loan of almost $500,000 to the leader of the state's third largest labor union?  Sorry, a loan implies that repayment is due; gift would have been the better word.

If its unethical, regardless of party, call it so.  This is what makes me pity you, no sense of fair play.

Why would you vote for a guy that has to pay for pu***! :(:angry: And 500,00 grand no less. This is Realist's type of guy.

Oh, are you referring to Torricelli's "outing" of Guatemalan Colonel Julio Roberto Alpirez---responsible for the heinous torture and murder of at least two American citizens? What a stirling character the CIA got in that pig! You think it's okay for a United States agency to have a butcher like Alpirez on its payroll?

I was never proud of what Torricelli did, but he should have gotten a medal for that one! As a result of his report, the House of Representatives directed the CIA to change its policies on recruiting scum like Alpirez.

If not wanting to use taxpayers' money to subsidize the likes of Colonel Alpirez is hypocrisy, then I stand guilty.

Is it true, that Torricelli is working for the Kearny Democratic Organization ? He really is a national hero and credit to the Democrats!

Rumor has it Bill Clinton and McGreevey are looking for jobs as sex education teachers here. Is that true.

Politics YA Gotta Laugh

Don't you just love the Forrester campaign ads?

Like the one featuring Former Governor Tom Kean who, in his distincly un-Jersey accent, decries the things being said about his friend Doug Forrester. Forrester, he says, will rid NJ politics of corruption. Guess no one informed Kean that the Attorney General is conducting an investigation of Forrester's $89,000.00 per year in no-bid contracts, his alleged illegal campaign contributions and the suspected pocketing of drug company rebates.

Or the one where "Democrat" Dave McGraw vows his new allegiance to Forrester. Truth is, McGraw was a staunch Republican who actually served as a Republican Essex County Committeeman and was recently fired from his job as an Essex County Court Clerk for embezzling $55,000.00 in court funds. Credibility factor?

Now you hit home! My cousin is from Jersey City like Kean, he sounds different than we do here in Kearny.

The only difference is he believes in Mom Apple Pie and The Democratic Party.

He believes in corruption. "If a man is corrupt at least you know where he stands" is his favorite saying.

He the perfect Democrat voter. He never misses the vote, matter of fact that is the only job he ever had.

He is available to vote in any Hudson community. He only requires bus fare, a ham sandwich and a small donation. He feels that to take anything else would be a violation of his ethics. Unless the County Clerks job is available. That is why he is at odds with Santos. It would not stop him from voting for Al but only once.

My uncle recently passed so he is going to vote for him. He knows how his dad would have voted so that's legal in his eyes.

He expects this to a busy election season so call him early with any requests.

Politics Ya Gotta laugh!

It appears as though I have rendered Surrealist speechless.  Titter, titter.

Me, speechless? (Guffaw, guffaw!). You KNOW I responded. My post must be floating around out in cyberspace, so I'll just have to repeat it, won't I?

Frankly, I don't give a rat's a** how many loans, gifts or just plain throw-aways anyone makes with his own money. Problem is: some of Forrester's "own money" falls into his pockets via prescription rebates and at the expense of those who can least afford it.

I, too, am bothered by that which appears unethical; which is why I am particularly concerned about Forrester's considerable campaign contributions to municipal elections where his company, BeneCard, winds up managing the town's prescription plan.

Coincidence? I think not! Unethical? You betcha!

Now you hit home! My cousin is from Jersey City like Kean, he sounds different than we do here in Kearny. 

The only difference is he believes in Mom Apple Pie and The Democratic Party.

He believes in corruption. "If a man is corrupt at least you know where he stands" is his favorite saying.

He the perfect Democrat voter. He never misses the vote, matter of fact that is the only job he ever had.

He is available to vote in any Hudson community. He only requires bus fare, a ham sandwich and a small donation. He feels that to take anything else would be a violation of his ethics. Unless the County Clerks job is  available. That is why he is at odds with Santos. It would not stop him from voting for Al but only once.

My uncle recently passed so he is going to vote for him. He knows how his dad would have voted so that's legal in his eyes.

He expects this to a busy election season so call him early with any requests.

Politics Ya Gotta laugh!

Your cousin? I thought he was my cousin!

Me, speechless? (Guffaw, guffaw!). You KNOW I responded. My post must be floating around out in cyberspace, so I'll just have to repeat it, won't I?

Frankly, I don't give a rat's a** how many loans, gifts or just plain throw-aways anyone makes with his own money. Problem is: some of Forrester's "own money" falls into his pockets via prescription rebates and at the expense of those who can least afford it.

I, too, am bothered by that which appears unethical; which is why I am particularly concerned about Forrester's considerable campaign contributions to municipal elections where his company, BeneCard, winds up managing the town's prescription plan.

Ignore again the unethical financial dealings of Mr. Corzine. I believe you often accuse me, falsely, of not answering your queries.

It's getting old,according to you, only Republicans can have pork barrel spending, corruption, and unethical behaviors. You are so blinded that you fail, despite me pointing it out to you, you are a blatant HYPOCRITE. My preference is to clean up all politics, not just one party.

But of course only Forrester is unethical. Realist's opinion; same sh**, different day.

Ignore again the unethical financial dealings of Mr. Corzine.  I believe you often accuse me, falsely, of not answering your queries. 

It's getting old,according to you, only Republicans can have pork barrel spending, corruption, and unethical behaviors.  You are so blinded that you fail, despite me pointing it out to you, you are a blatant HYPOCRITE.  My preference is to clean up all politics, not just one party.

Loki,

Do you have trouble processing information? Have I not admitted, here on this site, that I have been disappointed in some people in whom I have placed my trust? Do I not attribute human frailty to all people? Because my loyalty to a certain political philosophy transcends that disappointment and that frailty, doesn't make me hypocritical. There have been times when members of my family have disappointed me or members of my church have disappointed me, but I've never sought to severe those ties, any more than I would abandon my basic political beliefs. I refuse to become a political whore. I believe you "leave the dance with the guy who brung ya".

You have selective comprehension: accusing me of EXACTLY what you do; and sifting from my posts only that which enhances your perception of me as a hypocrite. And that tactic, my dear, makes you the hypocrite.

The bottom line here, is that we both present our cases from our own perspective; and much as I actually enjoy this sparring with you, at the end of the day, I really don't give a damn what you think of me.

Your cousin? I thought he was my cousin!

No, I sure, he is my cousin.

The story is our grandmother dropped him. she was clapping with both hands for The Great John v. Kenny at a Democratic rally. She still says it was worth it. She feels his brain damage makes him the great Democratic Voter he is today.

Politics Ya Gotta laugh!

The question is not whether he is "throwing away" his own money, but rather did he use that to buy the votes of a large labor union. Do you understand the conflict now, Babs.

The question is not whether he is "throwing away" his own money, but rather did he use that to buy the votes of a large labor union.  Do you understand the conflict now, Babs.

C'mon, be serious. If Corzine and this lady had a relationship and remained friends, do you really think he couldn't have gotten the endorsement gratis? Even you must know that an endorsement doesn't always translate into votes. So you think he "paid" all that money for the possibility of getting some votes? Not likely!

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but never "Babs". It just doesn't suit me. Hmmmm, but maybe if I shaved my mustache....

Archived