National disgrace

Guest Uncle Sam

Guest Uncle Sam

Yesterday I learned that one of our POLICE OFFICERS has gone off to war with less than 100% backing of the MAYOR and COUNCIL.

You refuse to pay him while he is defending OUR NATION and FORM of GOVERNMENT.

This has got to be a new LOW for the town of KEARNY. You should be setting an example for other employeers.

AID and SUPPORT denied our troops and their families is AID and SUPPORT given to the enemy.

Can you the MAYOR and COUNCIL really believe that this is what we(the taxpayers)want.

Are you against the war? If so don't be against the troops sworn to fight and risk death for us.

Mayor,at your next meeting ask any veteran on your council what support for the MILITARY means to the THOSE who serve.

Tonight when you pledge alliegence to OUR FLAG think about those who serve and ask are we giving them 100% support.

I will speak to you all about this in the future in person.

Uncle Sam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday I learned that one of our POLICE OFFICERS has gone off to war with less than 100% backing of the MAYOR and COUNCIL.

You refuse to pay him while he is defending OUR NATION and FORM of GOVERNMENT.

This has got to be a new LOW for the town of KEARNY. You should be setting an example for other employeers.

AID and SUPPORT denied our troops and their families is AID and SUPPORT given to the enemy.

Can you the MAYOR and COUNCIL really believe that this is what we(the taxpayers)want.

Are you against the war? If so don't be against the troops sworn to fight and risk death for us.

Mayor,at your next meeting ask any veteran on your council what support for the MILITARY means to the THOSE who serve.

Tonight when you pledge alliegence to OUR FLAG think about those who serve and ask are we giving them 100% support.

I will speak to you all about this in the future in person.

Uncle Sam

Sam please understand these are Kennedy Dems and their views on this action are his. So don't be upset when they do nothing. People forget the tragic day in sept.2001 when husbands and wives, daughters and sons died jumping from the burning towers. I didn't and never wil. We as a nation are under attack and we must defend our way of life. God bless these brave men and women for answering their countrys call.

I support him 100% and wish for his safe return.

If he was called up from reserves he should be paid. However, if it is under different circumstances I might disagree. What was the situation?

Guest Radagast
Sam please understand these are Kennedy Dems and their views on this action are his. So don't be upset when they do nothing. People forget the tragic day in sept.2001 when husbands and wives, daughters and sons died jumping from the burning towers. I didn't and never wil. We as a nation are under attack and we must defend our way of life. God bless these brave men and women for answering their countrys call.

Ahhh! The wingnuts are back. They never seem to get tired of wrapping themselves in the troops and ranting about protecting our freedom and making the bogus connection between 9/11 and Iraq. Lets not forget 'protecting our (christian, they don't even have to say it) way of life'... against those godless muslims ... oh and god bless America and god bless our troops .... yada yada yada ... like they really give a damn about anything other than their own narrow-minded point of view. I whack them down on one thread and they always come back again ... of course if it were not for them, I would have no fun here at all.

Ahhh! The wingnuts are back. They never seem to get tired of wrapping themselves in the troops and ranting about protecting our freedom and making the bogus connection between 9/11 and Iraq. Lets not forget 'protecting our (christian, they don't even have to say it) way of life'... against those godless muslims ...  oh and god bless America and god bless our troops .... yada yada yada ... like they really give a damn about anything other than their own narrow-minded point of view. I whack them down on one thread and they always come back again ... of course if it were not for them, I would have no fun here at all.

Your a left wing ass hole. Check out the vidio of the those nice guys cutting a mans head off. Get out of the sixties this aint Nam.

Ahhh! The wingnuts are back. They never seem to get tired of wrapping themselves in the troops and ranting about protecting our freedom and making the bogus connection between 9/11 and Iraq. Lets not forget 'protecting our (christian, they don't even have to say it) way of life'... against those godless muslims ...  oh and god bless America and god bless our troops .... yada yada yada ... like they really give a damn about anything other than their own narrow-minded point of view. I whack them down on one thread and they always come back again ... of course if it were not for them, I would have no fun here at all.

So, let me guess Rad, you support the troops, but not the war. It's clearly spelled out in your post. I can't stand people who hold our military in contempt. This thread is about whether or not our reservists should be paid. THEY MOST CERTAINLY SHOULD.

No one ever made an Iraq/ 9-11 connection, but they did tie Iraq to terrorism, which is well founded. Abu Nidal was a Baghdad resident, was he not.

Contrary to your beliefs, I have nothing against Muslims in particular, only those that feel the need to harm you or I, or any other US citizen.

Finally, like many of your flawed conclusions, simply lacking in fact, you have NEVER whacked me down on ANY thread. Continue to not let facts get in the way of whatever argument you have.

Guest Uncle Sam
So, let me guess Rad, you support the troops, but not the war.  It's clearly spelled out in your post.  I can't stand people who hold our military in contempt.  This thread is about whether or not our reservists should be paid.  THEY MOST CERTAINLY SHOULD.

No one ever made an Iraq/ 9-11 connection, but they did tie Iraq to terrorism, which is well founded.  Abu Nidal was a Baghdad resident, was he not. 

Contrary to your beliefs, I have nothing against Muslims in particular, only those that feel the need to harm you or I, or any other US citizen. 

Finally, like many of your flawed conclusions, simply lacking in fact, you have NEVER whacked me down on ANY thread.  Continue to not let facts get in the way of whatever argument you have.

I'm happy to see you people speaking out freely. That is what this country is all about.

My concern, is that OUR TOWN is afforded the ability to back our troops 100% by seeing that they do not suffer any loss money, when they work with the military in any way shape or form.

The State of New Jersey has set MINIMUMS which the town HAS to abide by.

Our MAYOR and COUNCIL have CHOSEN to pay the MINIMUM.

That, is their right. Is it morally right to do so. I believe not! I am SURE, it not the patriotic thing to do.

Our council should be concerned that we have strong prepared military with high morale. The events of the past month are proof that we need it at home as well as overseas.

I hope that these people do not decide to drop out of the reserves. This would only lead to a further erosion of OUR NATION.

I'm sure that WE benefit by the training and discipline these people learn while serving.

I am really surprised by what I perceive as the feeling that these people are a burden to be carried. OUR TOWN should be HONORING ALL who serve. Help all

they can, even if NOT required to by LAW.

Remember when WAR comes they go. NOW, when local governments collapse due to disaster poor planning etc. they step in. They are OUR insurance.

UNCLE SAM

Guest Radagast
Your a left wing ass hole. Check out the vidio of the those nice guys cutting a mans head off. Get out of the sixties this aint Nam.

Great come back, indicative of your intelligence level. Iraq is, indeed, Viet Nam all over again in more ways than it isn't. There are no 'nice guys'. A person is just as dead if you cut off the head of a contractor or if you kill an innocent child in an Iraqi city with a 'smart' bomb.

I'm happy to see you people speaking out freely. That is what this country is all about.

My concern, is that OUR TOWN is afforded the ability to back our troops 100% by seeing that they do not suffer any loss money, when they work with the military in any way shape or form.

That, is their right.  Is it morally right to do so. I believe not!  I am SURE, it not the patriotic thing to do.

Our council should be concerned that we have strong prepared military with high morale. The events of the past month are proof that we need it  at home as well as overseas. 

I hope that these people do not decide to drop out of the reserves. This would only lead to a further erosion of OUR NATION.

I'm sure that WE benefit by the training and discipline these people learn while serving.

I am really surprised by what I perceive as the feeling that these people are a burden to be carried. OUR TOWN should be HONORING ALL who serve. Help all

Remember when WAR comes they go. NOW, when local governments collapse due to disaster poor planning etc. they step in. They are OUR insurance.

UNCLE SAM

Uncle s.

I'm sure the mayor and council are going to do good with the money they are saving by denying those guys full pay. They are probably going to donate it to the storm victims, Give it the disabled veterans, adopt a homeless pet from new orleans.

Let's go folks give us some suggestions for this find.

I think if we just stopped paying D'Arco's contributions to his 457 plan, we could afford to pay the reservists.  Just out of the goodness of our hearts.

Darco is only one problem of many? The leadership is poor and has their own agenda which is not good for Kearny or the taxpayers.

I urged people to let it all out sooner or later someone will step up to put an end to the madness.

Great come back, indicative of your intelligence level. Iraq is, indeed, Viet Nam all over again in more ways than it isn't. There are no 'nice guys'. A person is just as dead if you cut off the head of a contractor or if you kill an innocent child in an Iraqi city with a 'smart' bomb.

I must admit your right. We should do nothing each time we are hit, lets sit and talk about what can be done to stop these type of violent acts. I'm sure these reasonable people will listen. Also my remark was uncalled for. Thank you for the insight and wisdom.

That, is their right.  Is it morally right to do so. I believe not!  I am SURE, it not the patriotic thing to do.

Our council should be concerned that we have strong prepared military with high morale. The events of the past month are proof that we need it  at home as well as overseas. 

UNCLE SAM

Do you people ever actually listen or read about a subject before you start spewing your nonsense? This issue of employee pay for activated service has been addressed before but obviously you weren't paying attention because your statements on the subject are completely erroneous.

No one who works for the Town of Kearny loses one penny by volunteering for the military. Depending on which branch of the military they serve, pursuant to N.J.S.A.:4-4 and 38:23-1, each employee is entitled to either 30 days or 90 days of full military AND full civilian pay. After that period, the Town of Kearny, although not required by law, DOES PAY the differential between the military pay and the civilian pay. Get it? So an employee who, for example, makes $800.00 per week as a police officer or firefighter will still make $800.00 per week if he/she is activated by the government. His/her position is maintained and benefits apply and accrue just as if he/she were on the job.

Let me emphasize, the Town of Kearny is only mandated to pay the first 30 or 90 days, but the policy is, and has always been, to make sure that its employees wind up receiving no less than if they were at home and working their regular job.

All of the correct information on this matter is available to the public, but you didn't even bother to attempt to obtain it, did you? Especially when spreading an untruth suits your purposes so much better!

You whack noone down.

Like I said, I guess your solution is to do nothing. Oh wait...you have no solution to offer.

!!!!

Do you people ever actually listen or read about a subject before you start spewing your nonsense? This issue of employee pay for activated service has been addressed before but obviously you weren't paying attention because your statements on the subject are completely erroneous.

No one who works for the Town of Kearny loses one penny by volunteering for the military. Depending on which branch of the military they serve, pursuant to N.J.S.A.:4-4 and 38:23-1, each employee is entitled to either 30 days or 90 days of full military AND full civilian pay. After that period, the Town of Kearny, although not required by law, DOES PAY the differential between the military pay and the civilian pay. Get it? So an employee who, for example, makes $800.00 per week as a police officer or firefighter will still make $800.00 per week if he/she is activated by the government. His/her position is maintained and benefits apply and accrue just as if he/she were on the job.

Let me emphasize, the Town of Kearny is only mandated to pay the first 30 or 90 days, but the policy is, and has always been, to make sure that its employees wind up receiving no less than if they were at home and working their regular job.

All of the correct information on this matter is available to the public, but you didn't even bother to attempt to obtain it, did you? Especially when spreading an untruth suits your purposes so much better!

Tell that to the guys who are docked pay!!!

Guest Uncle Sam

WOW are you wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not true at all. ask the servicemen. i'll believe them before this nitwit who is obviously the mayor or b.a.

And if they have to fulfill inactive duty training, required to maintain their standing within the unit, THEY ARE NOT PAID. I have read, I have seen, and in this, like most other topics, I know more than you. Get it.

And if they have to fulfill inactive duty training, required to maintain their standing within the unit, THEY ARE NOT PAID.  I have read, I have seen, and in this, like most other topics, I know more than you.  Get it.

Although not obligated by law to do so, the Town of Kearny compensates its employees for inactive training for which he/she provides military orders. God, I love to trump you. You make it so easy!

PS: Modesty not one of your strong points, huh?

Guest river flows wild
And if they have to fulfill inactive duty training, required to maintain their standing within the unit, THEY ARE NOT PAID.  I have read, I have seen, and in this, like most other topics, I know more than you.  Get it.

Dear River,

Did you read the post about the policeofficer going to Iraq? How about the Coast Guard guy to the storm? The Navy guy to the war?

God, we should back these guys 110%.

Has your husband or wife ever picked up left house and home for training or deployment. When they go you have to go on living. Guess what your cost of living goes up.

Dad or mom is not there to do all those little things that Dads and Moms do. You depend on the kindness of others and family and services you can buy.

I hear that our Mayor can live on a meager salary. He should run classes for the rest of this town.

God bless those moms and dads who serve.

Wife of one who served

The Politicians no matter which party don't get it. They believe if you are elected you are endowed with all knowledge.

When they screw things up as in Iraq, New Orleans.

Guys like our officers have to go and fight . wallow in shit and deny their familes to clean up their mess.

Look at the arrogance of the mayor of new orleans. He did not evacuate his city the Govenor failed to do her part. The political lacky failed to do his job. Call the troops Army and Coast Guard, Air force Marines.

I'll bet they all cheered on the coast guard as they pulled out the victims they createded.

News for our town leaders these rescuers are not endowed with these skills. They have to trained and it takes time and money.

Pay these guys. We may need them some day like yesterday for a clorine leak.

The Politicians no matter which party don't get it. They believe if you are elected you are endowed with all knowledge.

When they screw things up as in Iraq, New Orleans.

Guys like our officers have to go and fight . wallow in shit and deny their familes to clean up their mess.

Look at the arrogance of the mayor of new orleans. He did not evacuate his city the Govenor failed to do her part. The political lacky failed to do his job. Call the troops Army and Coast Guard, Air force Marines.

I'll bet they all cheered on the coast guard as they pulled out the victims they createded.

News for our town leaders these rescuers are not endowed with these skills. They have to trained and it takes time and money.

Pay these guys. We may need them some day like yesterday for a clorine leak.

Maybe, as Radagast would have you believe, Bush caused the chemical leak. Just like he had the levees in New Orleans torpedoed as the Nation of Islam is saying he did.

Dear river runs wild!!!!

I agree 110% I messed up on the reply..

What I was saying is that town employees are getting there pay docked!!!

When they go out for weekend drills with the military

I dont think its good policy to be docking there employees pay!!

when in the past they have been fully compisated

If Diarco wants to save the town money why doesnt he return that monthly car stipen he gets??? to travel from Bloomfield??

Archived