One house deleted from pumping station!

Guest Ms K. DeRay

Guest Ms K. DeRay

Three homeowners had a agreement with the Town of Kearny to be connected to a community pumping station. Now the Town has been advised not to connect the house that gets two to three feet of raw sewage. Why? All documents state that this house be included. Another PROMISE BROKEN !!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest unreal
Three homeowners had a agreement with the Town of Kearny to be connected to a community pumping station. Now the Town has been advised not to connect the house that gets two to three feet of raw sewage. Why? All documents state that this house be included. Another PROMISE BROKEN !!!!!!

How could the Town do this to this resident? Sounds like a question for the only person who answers and that person is Jim Mangin.

With all due respect, Ms. D, you know that is not true. I actually stopped and asked a worker why the Schuyler Avenue residence wasn't hooked up yet, and he showed me three excavations where the crew searched for the lateral to connect to the pumping system. (For those, like me, who don't know, the lateral is the residence's hook-up to the main system; and is considered part of the resident's plumbing and therefore the resident's responsibility.) Apparently, the lateral at that residence is not where it is supposed to be, so it will take a little more effort on the engineer's part to locate it and adjust its position so that house can be connected. Once that is done, the power can be installed and the pump station will be up and running.

This is not a "promise broken", it is simply a promise stalled by an unforeseen obstacle for which the municipality is really not responsible.

Good luck and dry basements to you all!

Guest ivy st.

Did the residents sign any papers stating what houses are included?

Guest Guestimate
Now the Town has been advised not to connect the house that gets two to three feet of raw sewage.

Is that a typo? Or has the town BEEN advised not to connect the house? If so, by who?

Guest Ms K. DeRay
With all due respect, Ms. D, you know that is not true. I actually stopped and asked a worker why the Schuyler Avenue residence wasn't hooked up yet, and he showed me three excavations where the crew searched for the lateral to connect to the pumping system. (For those, like me, who don't know, the lateral is the residence's hook-up to the main system; and is considered part of the resident's plumbing and therefore the resident's responsibility.) Apparently, the lateral at that residence is not where it is supposed to be, so it will take a little more effort on the engineer's part to locate it and adjust its position so that house can be connected. Once that is done, the power can be installed and the pump station will be up and running.

This is not a "promise broken", it is simply a promise stalled by an unforeseen obstacle for which the municipality is really not responsible.

Iam curious how did you know what house was not being connected ? When the engineer surveyed the homes was this home on his plans? I guess you work for the Town ?

Guest guest

sounds like another shoemaker job and your right you dont know what your talking about.

Guest Ms K. DeRay
No, Ms. D., I do not work for the town; but it is amazing how much you can learn by asking the right questions of the right people!

Do you if the house on Schulyer Ave. was included in engineers design? Did you read the residents legal agreement? Did you attend the meeting in Trenton?

Guest Don Kennedy

Three excavations were done here? Now somehow I can't count. I recall but one!

That was where they thought it might be but was not. Since the structure was not on the tax office maps, it would seem to me why is the lateral so important when the structure doesn't exist! It's this a backwards way of claiming they know all when in fact they clearly know nothing? - Makes any resident angry.

So now it would seem that two more 'digs' are needed so that they can say and mean there were three attempts to locate this missing pipe. Much more can be applied here though I do not feel it needed at least at this time. Who knows, this may have to be continued as the saga of the missing pipe.

Three excavations were done here?  Now somehow I can't count.  I recall but one!

That was where they thought it might be but was not.  Since the structure was not on the tax office maps, it would seem to me why is the lateral so important when the structure doesn't exist!  It's this a backwards way of claiming they know all when in fact they clearly know nothing?  - Makes any resident angry.

So now it would seem that two more 'digs' are needed so that they can say and mean there were three attempts to locate this missing pipe.  Much more can be applied here though I do not feel it needed at least at this time.  Who knows, this may have to be continued as the saga of the missing pipe.

Mr. Kennedy,

I have no desire to argue with you. You have suffered enough and I'm sure you have better first-hand knowledge of the situation than I do. However it seems to me that if the first digging did not produce the lateral, there must have been at least one more. So the exact amount of excavations has probably alluded both of us.

The ultimate question here is whether or not your residence is now connected to the pump station and when it will be up and running. I sincerely hope that by the time you respond to this post, that will be the case.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Kennedy,

I have no desire to argue with you. You have suffered enough and I'm sure you have better first-hand knowledge of the situation than I do. However it seems to me that if the first digging did not produce the lateral, there must have been at least one more. So the exact amount of excavations has probably alluded both of us.

The ultimate question here is whether or not your residence is now connected to the pump station and when it will be up and running. I sincerely hope that by the time you respond to this post, that will be the case.

Mr. Kennedy,

What is going on? Are you connected? As for us here on Ivy we have no answers.

Mr. Kennedy,

What is going on? Are you connected? As for us here on Ivy we have no answers.

Check out the story in the Observer looks like the Town messed things up again. Mayor how could you let these people live that way for all those years?

Check out the story in the Observer looks like the Town messed things up again. Mayor how could you let these people live that way for all those years?

Man, how much do these people have to put up with? Are you paying attention Mr. Mayor or are you trying to hide behind J.D'Arco again. Get this matter taken care of asap.This has gone on long enough. God knows we pay enough in taxes.

“That was totally false,” said Castano, referring to the statement that he had directed engineering instructions. “It was an engineering judgment, not a legal judgment. I wouldn’t know a thing about it if I went down there. I did not take engineering classes in law school.”

Spoken like a true Santosian! :angry:

“That was totally false,” said Castano, referring to the statement that he had directed engineering instructions.  “It was an engineering judgment, not a legal judgment.  I wouldn’t know a thing about it if I went down there.  I did not take engineering classes in law school.” 

Spoken like a true Santosian! :angry:

Would you call this Mayor someone who really cares about the health and welfare of our residents?

Guest Guestimate

QUOTE(Ms K. DeRay @ Aug 4 2005, 08:32 AM)

Now the Town has been advised not to connect the house that gets two to three feet of raw sewage.

Is that a typo?  Or has the town BEEN advised not to connect the house?  If so, by who?

Can someone explain this? My question was never answered.

Was the town advised not to connect the third house? If so, by who?

QUOTE(Ms K. DeRay @ Aug 4 2005, 08:32 AM)

Can someone explain this?  My question was never answered.

Was the town advised not to connect the third house?  If so, by who?

:angry: why am i not surprised!when are you all going to learn" the dump the dump got it!you have to fix the problem with it 1st ask JIM M he told ya da truth!!!!!!!! now wake up UP WAKE UP! GOT IT!!!!!!! :angry:

:ph34r: why am i not surprised!when are you all going to learn" the dump the dump got it!you have to fix the problem with it 1st ask JIM M he told ya da truth!!!!!!!! now wake up UP WAKE UP! GOT IT!!!!!!! B)

The reason they won't or can't is probably related to the house location. Possiblely if connected the flooding could be worse. Try asking that question.

Maybe they should hire oldfart56 aka "boy genius" to solve the problems with the levees and pumps in New Orleans! B)

:lol: how sick you are!! today we my church and i are setting up a help center in miss to help rebiuld a church and give food and other things to help! what are you doing huh? you with the big i am mouth!!! put up Or SHUT UP!!!! I WILL BE GIVING ALL THAT I CAN AND THEN SOME! we now have some 60 families here in our town" and the S/A with the help from our and other churchs are trying to help get them started over! and for the rest of you in town please help give to the salvation army there was 1 in town and ask if it can go to camp keystone a summer camp for kids! that is where the S/A hes let them stay! thanks :D

Maybe they should hire oldfart56 aka "boy genius" to solve the problems with the levees and pumps in New Orleans! :lol:

PERHAPS IF THEY HIRED 'BOY GENIUS', THIS ENTIRE STORY OF S***T WOULD BE GONE! BE GONE WITH IT IS WHAT I SAY!! MAYBE THEY SHOULD TEAM UP THE TWO EXECS... DERAY AND OLDFART56. THEN THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE A STORY OF YESTERYEAR B)

Guest Ms. DeRay
The reason they won't or can't is probably related to the house location. Possiblely if connected the flooding could be worse. Try asking that question.

If the house was connected it would not get 2-3 feet of sewage in it. Thats why the NJ DEP reqired that this home be connected to the pump.Mayor Santos promised it would be completed by August.

Archived