OUT-OF-STATE PLATES

Guest Trenchcoat Pig

Guest Trenchcoat Pig

On any given day you can drive up and down Kearny's main streets and side streets and find cars -- the same cars, parked here day after day after day -- that are registered in other states, presumably so the owners pay less insurance. Isn't this illegal? And isn't this forcing the rest of us to pay higher insurance premiums? Why don't the cops go after these people who park their cars on public streets night after night and clearly live here but have out-of-state tags. Why isn't there any enforcement over this?

Guest Concerned

I agree with you to an extent, my niece comes down from Penn. maybe once a month or so, she stays for maybe two-three days. I can deal with that, but the cars around this town, I see on a daily basis from N.C. and other places with a low insurance premium are more than not. Parking lately has been a very big issue in this town, starting with people with driveways do not use them, residents having more than three cars to one family, and now with the building of more multi family homes soon there will be no parking anywhere, something has to be done, in previous posts I said that if the town purchased one property per area and removed the house and built a parking lot, (in heavily populated areas) and issued parking permits to those of who do not have driveways and are of the senior persuassion or with a handicapped person ( with proof), it would ease the burden, I have submitted this idea, maybe the town council will look into it, and then again maybe not. But I wish all of us good luck in finding that spot!

Guest Guest
On any given day you can drive up and down Kearny's main streets and side streets and find cars -- the same cars, parked here day after day after day -- that are registered in other states, presumably so the owners pay less insurance. Isn't this illegal? And isn't this forcing the rest of us to pay higher insurance premiums? Why don't the cops go after these people who park their cars on public streets night after night and clearly live here but have out-of-state tags. Why isn't there any enforcement over this?

YEARS AGO, HARRISON AND EAST NEWARK STARTED SEEING PARKING AS AN ISSUE WITH RESIDENTS, AND OUTSIDERS ALIKE. BOTH TOWNS IMPOSED 2 HOUR TIME LIMITS DURING THE DAY TO ENSURE THAT PEOPLE WHO HAD THERE CARS REGISTERED OUT OF TOWN DID NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FEW PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS. THOSE THAT DID NOT BELONG THERE WERE TICKETED AND TOWED... AT THE OWNERS EXPENSE.

BOTH HARRISON AND EAST NEWARK ISSUE RESIDENT STICKERS TO BE PLACED ON THE CARS THAT BELONG HERE. PROOF OF ADDRESS MUST BE SHOWN, SO IF KEARNY IMPLEMENTED THAT PROCEDURE, THE PEOPLE WITH PA., NC PLATES WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DO THINGS THE LEGAL WAY. SEE HOW FAST ALL THE ILLEGALS DOING ILLEGAL THINGS WOULD MOVE ON OUT... THINK ABOUT IT, TAKE IT TO THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY... PUT IT UP AS A RESOLUTION..

Guest Guest
I agree with you to an extent, my niece comes down from Penn. maybe once a month or so, she stays for maybe two-three days. I can deal with that, but the cars around this town, I see on a daily basis from N.C. and other places with a low insurance premium are more than not. Parking lately has been a very big issue in this town, starting with people with driveways do not use them, residents having more than three cars to one family, and now with the building of more multi family homes  soon there will be no parking anywhere, something has to be done, in previous posts I said that if the town purchased one property per area and removed the house and built a parking lot, (in heavily populated areas)  and issued parking permits to those of who do not have driveways and are of the senior persuassion or with a handicapped person ( with proof), it would ease the burden, I have submitted this idea, maybe the town council will look into it, and then again maybe not. But I wish all of us good luck in finding that spot!

Because in those states they do not have the 6 point id system like new jersey. so these ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS pay thousands of dollars and go to these states and get fake addresses. WAKE UP AMERICA THE DMV SHOULD BE THE SAME ALL OVER THE COUNRTY. I HAVE SEEN NORTH CAROLINA,PENNSYLVANIA,MASS,TENNESSEE, WASHINGTON IS A NEW ONE,MICHIGAN. ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR? THESE ARE THE STATES THAT S**K

Because in those states they do not have the 6 point id system like new jersey. so these ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS pay thousands of dollars and go to these states and get fake addresses.  WAKE UP AMERICA THE DMV SHOULD BE THE SAME ALL OVER THE COUNRTY.  I HAVE SEEN NORTH CAROLINA,PENNSYLVANIA,MASS,TENNESSEE, WASHINGTON IS A NEW ONE,MICHIGAN.  ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR? THESE ARE THE STATES THAT S**K

Oh Yes. Be careful. Hide under your bed. Never leave your house.

The illegals are here, the illegals are here. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. :lol:

So now we have out of state license plates being blamed on illegals. If assholes could fly you would be a rocket ship.

Guest Guest
YEARS AGO, HARRISON AND EAST NEWARK STARTED SEEING PARKING AS AN ISSUE WITH RESIDENTS, AND OUTSIDERS ALIKE.  BOTH TOWNS IMPOSED 2 HOUR TIME LIMITS DURING THE DAY TO ENSURE THAT PEOPLE WHO HAD THERE CARS REGISTERED OUT OF TOWN DID NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FEW PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS.  THOSE THAT DID NOT BELONG THERE WERE TICKETED AND TOWED... AT THE OWNERS EXPENSE.

BOTH HARRISON AND EAST NEWARK ISSUE RESIDENT STICKERS TO BE PLACED ON THE CARS THAT BELONG HERE. PROOF OF ADDRESS MUST BE SHOWN, SO IF KEARNY IMPLEMENTED THAT PROCEDURE, THE PEOPLE WITH PA., NC PLATES WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DO THINGS THE LEGAL WAY. SEE HOW FAST ALL THE ILLEGALS DOING ILLEGAL THINGS WOULD MOVE ON OUT...  THINK ABOUT IT, TAKE IT TO THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY... PUT IT UP AS A RESOLUTION..

In Harrison it was due to commuters of PATH train trying to save a few bucks parking. The 2hour ban worked durign the day but is not in effect 24-hours. So the problem doesn't go away at nigth. No parking, some out of state. This is not a local problem with out of state plates. Contact your state reps.

Guest Guest
YEARS AGO, HARRISON AND EAST NEWARK STARTED SEEING PARKING AS AN ISSUE WITH RESIDENTS, AND OUTSIDERS ALIKE.  BOTH TOWNS IMPOSED 2 HOUR TIME LIMITS DURING THE DAY TO ENSURE THAT PEOPLE WHO HAD THERE CARS REGISTERED OUT OF TOWN DID NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FEW PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS.  THOSE THAT DID NOT BELONG THERE WERE TICKETED AND TOWED... AT THE OWNERS EXPENSE.

BOTH HARRISON AND EAST NEWARK ISSUE RESIDENT STICKERS TO BE PLACED ON THE CARS THAT BELONG HERE. PROOF OF ADDRESS MUST BE SHOWN, SO IF KEARNY IMPLEMENTED THAT PROCEDURE, THE PEOPLE WITH PA., NC PLATES WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DO THINGS THE LEGAL WAY. SEE HOW FAST ALL THE ILLEGALS DOING ILLEGAL THINGS WOULD MOVE ON OUT...  THINK ABOUT IT, TAKE IT TO THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY... PUT IT UP AS A RESOLUTION..

that would work except the towns give homeowners two parking passes that hang from your mirror , so you can give it to company visiting to hang in their car so they don't get tickets...the people wind up just keeping the parking pass and park there all the time anyway...

Guest Guest

Even though Harrison and East Newark impossed the 2 hour parking, resident stickers with a visitors pass, they are not working now. Harrison and East Newark are having the same problem. It seems that no one cares about this. Harrison and East Newark have a 2 hour parking, but these cars from Pa, NC, Tenn, SC, NY Fl, what ever state they are from are parking for the whole day. If that was me or you we would have been ticked and towed. You see the problem is they do own homes or rent apartments in the town, but they also have an address in another state, so they can keep their insurance rates low. So these people who are beating the system stays one step ahead of everyone else. You do that and see what would happen to any of us. Unlike this state many states do not required an inspection of your vehicle.

Guest Trenchcoat Pig
Oh Yes. Be careful. Hide under your bed. Never leave your house.

The illegals are here, the illegals are here. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. :rolleyes:

So now we have out of state license plates being blamed on illegals. If assholes could fly you would be a rocket ship.

No offense, but there do seem to be a lot of illegals -- I'm talking day laborer types -- driving with plates from North Carolina and Connecticut. D'Yall thank it's not an eeemeeegrant issue now?

Guest Guest
No offense, but there do seem to be a lot of illegals -- I'm talking day laborer types -- driving with plates from North Carolina and Connecticut. D'Yall thank it's not an eeemeeegrant issue now?

I agree with you, because there's a large number of them on the street I live on who have multiple cars all with out of state plates.

• 4 weeks later...

Your right this issue is a problem. Some mornings I wake up and look out the window and wonder what state I live in clearly it's New Jersey but from the amount of out of state plates I'd swear it's another state. If you call the KPD and complain about a certain plate and can prove that the owner has lived in NJ for more than 60 days then the KPD has to issue a Failure to register summons to the owner of the offending vehicle. Mayor Santos has told me these vehicles belong to Kearny residents and that does'nt concern him. I've contacted DMV offices in some of these states, while one or two will suspend the registration of the offending vehicle most have told me to contact the NJDMV. Now NJ has told me to contact the local police to deal with this issue. The only clear cut solution to this problem would be to issue town wide parking permits. With all showing proof of residency via vehicle registration and or drivers license.

Guest IN THE KNOW
Because in those states they do not have the 6 point id system like new jersey. so these ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS pay thousands of dollars and go to these states and get fake addresses.  WAKE UP AMERICA THE DMV SHOULD BE THE SAME ALL OVER THE COUNRTY.  I HAVE SEEN NORTH CAROLINA,PENNSYLVANIA,MASS,TENNESSEE, WASHINGTON IS A NEW ONE,MICHIGAN.  ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR? THESE ARE THE STATES THAT S**K

North Carolina plates are a dead give away. All you need is a heart beat and DMV will register and license you. The government is aware of this. If the police pulled these cars over, 9 out of 10 times, the driver would not me legal.

THEY HAVE NO VEHICLES, THEY RIDE THEIR BIKES TO WORK, ARE YOU BLIND?

Your right this issue is a problem. Some mornings I wake up and look out the window and wonder what state I live in clearly it's New Jersey but from the amount of out of state plates I'd swear it's another state. If you call the KPD and complain about a certain plate and can prove that the owner has lived in NJ for more than 60 days then the KPD has to issue a Failure to register summons to the owner of the offending vehicle. Mayor Santos has told me these vehicles belong to Kearny residents and that does'nt concern him. I've contacted DMV offices in some of these states, while one or two will suspend the registration of the offending vehicle most have told me to contact the NJDMV. Now NJ has told me to contact the local police to deal with this issue. The only clear cut solution to this problem would be to issue town wide parking permits. With all showing proof of residency via vehicle registration and or drivers license.

Alot of these people have company cars proviided by their employers.

We are just plain screwd.

Again.

And don't forget the local pizza & chinese store that have delivery people with out of state plates ? how in the world could the get away with that ? if i order a pizza in town and car shows up with Michigan plates , i know for sure i didn't call Michigan for that pie , especally ****** in ***** is famous for that stunt :angry:B):blink:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Damnn.

We were so successful in convincing everyone that the illegals are the Connecticut and North Carolina drivers and the bike riders are just sightseers.

You ruined our cunning plan.  <_<

As I learned in the GOP debate, Conn and NC are magnets and contain sanctuary cities. I got a laugh as I had heard those terms for the first time.