Campbell

Guest Voter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do attend BOE meetings on a regular basis and all I see is John Campbell asking questions because he does not understand what is going on or because he is unprepared.  He just isn't smart enough to make a difference.  Others are the ones that are asking the right questions when they need to be asked.

What changes has he effected in policy or procedures?  What plans has he put forward to make any changes?

None and none.

:o:angry: You most not now Jhon Campbell becouse if you did you would not be

telling lies about him I attend all BOE meeting it is all the other brain dead people on the BOE. Jhon Campbell is alway prepared thats way he asked the questions know one will ask. who gives you the rigth to say he isn't smart enough to make a difference. you do not know the man well enough to say that.

yours truly JD

Guest Guest
:o  :angry: You most not now Jhon Campbell becouse if you did you would not be

telling lies about him I attend all BOE meeting it is all the other brain dead people on the BOE. Jhon Campbell is alway prepared thats way he asked the questions know one will ask. who  gives you the rigth to say he isn't smart enough to make a difference. you do not know the man well enough to say that.

yours truly JD

I respect your opinion, Janet D. But there are probably a lot of people who know this man a lot better than you do that would disagree with your glowing opinion of him. Things are not always what they seem to be, and that's the same with people. I think you might be a little too quick forming an opinion about someone's character. For example, your former principal.

Guest Guest who?
:o  :angry: You most not now Jhon Campbell becouse if you did you would not be

telling lies about him I attend all BOE meeting it is all the other brain dead people on the BOE. Jhon Campbell is alway prepared thats way he asked the questions know one will ask. who  gives you the rigth to say he isn't smart enough to make a difference. you do not know the man well enough to say that.

yours truly JD

And I thought the other one was a bad speller. Holy Moley.

He must be proud to count you as his supporter.

You mean like these words?

Please, do tell the KOTW community who you think posted that?

I didn't know you needed to spell on this board.........whoever this person is certainly made a point that has you a bit upset???????? This boe is being wasteful with our tax dollars and we need new blood. Does the boe think this $60.5 million dollar budget is going to pass? I am a homeowner and if my taxes go up anymore i'm not going to be able to afford my house that I lived in for the past 8 years. If you enjoy paying more money to the town then please vote yes for the budget because you who do are the rich. We are the middle class that have to say no!!!! I have kids in the kearny schools and I think they need to spend money in the schools for education........they should have done repairs on the schools as they were needed not in a lump sum that way it comes from our pockets slowly not to make us broke. If we as people can't afford something we don't buy it we can't go to others and ask them for the money. We live within a budget and so should the boe. I for one would love to know where our money is going and if you ask the boe they don't give a straight answer. It's time for a change. My vote is going to Castilli, Marks and Ciccino next week. And i'm saying no to the budget. Instead of people complaining on the kotw why don't we all just go out in vote.

Guest Flabbergasted
I didn't know you needed to spell on this board.........whoever this person is certainly made a point that has you a bit upset????????  This boe is being wasteful with our tax dollars and we need new blood.  Does the boe think this $60.5 million dollar budget is going to pass?  I am a homeowner and if my taxes go up anymore i'm not going to be able to afford my house that I lived in for the past 8 years.  If you enjoy paying more money to the town  then please vote yes for the budget because you who do are the rich.  We are the middle class that have to say no!!!!  I have kids in the kearny schools and I think they need to spend money in the schools for education........they should have done repairs on the schools as they were needed not in a lump sum that way it comes from our pockets slowly not to make us broke.  If we as people can't afford something we don't buy it we can't go to others and ask them for the money.  We live within a budget and so should the boe.  I for one would love to know where our money is going and if you ask the boe they don't give a straight answer.  It's time for a change.  My vote is going to Castilli, Marks and Ciccino next week.  And i'm saying no to the budget.  Instead of people complaining on the kotw  why don't we all just go out in vote.

Wow! You don't think it's necessary to spell correctly on a public venue where the topic is EDUCATION? I try to incorporate spelling and grammar into every phase of my life. It's a nasty habit I picked up from Kearny school teachers.

Kindly illustrate in which areas you find waste in this year's school budget. Please be specific. Vague innuendo is not proof of wrongdoing.

Guest Guestimate
I didn't know you needed to spell on this board.........

When you make an asinine statement like the following, you sure as hell better have made sure you are smart enough to make it.

I tried to use as many small words as possible so you can understand.

In my opinion, John Campbell makes Pete McIntyre look like a genius. He has done nothing to prove he can be Mayor of this town.

When you make an asinine statement like the following, you sure as hell better have made sure you are smart enough to make it.

In my opinion, John Campbell makes Pete McIntyre look like a genius.  He has done nothing to prove he can be Mayor of this town.

well then we just have another 2 years of king al no problem

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

well then we just have another 2 years of king al no problem

THIS IS ALL FUNNY! I AM VERY SORRY THAT I CAN NOT VOTE IN KEARNY BUT I DO KNOW JOHN CAMPBELL ! HE LOST HIS FATHER IN 1961 TO CANCER! AND HAD TO HELP HIS MOTHER RAISE 2 YOUNGER BROTHERS. HE KNOWS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS FOR YOUR KIDS TO MAKE IT IN THIS WORLD ! AND KEARNY IS NOT THE BEST PLACE TO GROW UP!!! BUT ALOT OF US HAVE DONE OK.YES I WAS BORN IN WEST HUDSON AND MY FAMILY ALSO. MOM AND BRO AND SIS .SO I CAN SAY THAT JOHN IS THE BEST ONE FOR THAT JOB!!! HE DOES CARE! AND WILL MAKE THE BEST MAYOR KEARNY WILL EVER HAVE!!!!!!! AND YOUR TOWN NEEDS HELP!!!!!!! MORE THAN YOU KNOW! MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!!!!! ~CARPE DIEM~

Guest Guest

I understand that Mr. Campbell filed a petition to run against Al Santos for Mayor in the June primary. Unfortunately (or fortunately), he didn't have the required number of signatures and his petition is disqualified. Seems there were a lot of signatures by residents who were not registered voters. Seems like a pretty simple rule to follow when you're going after the office of mayor, doesn't it. Make sure the people recommending you for the position can actually vote for you? Maybe it was all a clever ruse and Mr. Campbell never intended to run at all? Now why would he do something like that?

:lol:

THIS IS ALL FUNNY! I AM VERY SORRY THAT I CAN NOT VOTE IN KEARNY BUT I DO KNOW JOHN CAMPBELL ! HE LOST HIS FATHER IN 1961 TO CANCER! AND HAD TO HELP HIS MOTHER RAISE 2 YOUNGER BROTHERS. HE KNOWS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS FOR YOUR KIDS TO MAKE IT IN THIS WORLD ! AND KEARNY IS NOT THE BEST PLACE TO GROW UP!!! BUT ALOT OF US HAVE DONE OK.YES I WAS BORN IN WEST HUDSON AND MY FAMILY ALSO. MOM AND BRO AND SIS .SO I CAN SAY THAT JOHN IS THE BEST ONE FOR THAT JOB!!! HE DOES CARE! AND WILL MAKE THE BEST MAYOR KEARNY WILL EVER HAVE!!!!!!! AND YOUR TOWN NEEDS HELP!!!!!!! MORE THAN YOU KNOW! MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!!!!!  ~CARPE DIEM~

Guest unitedwestand
I understand that Mr. Campbell filed a petition to run against Al Santos for Mayor in the June primary.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), he didn't have the required number of signatures and his petition is disqualified.  Seems there were a lot of signatures by residents who were not registered voters.  Seems like a pretty simple rule to follow when you're going after the office of mayor, doesn't it.  Make sure the people recommending you for the position can actually vote for you?  Maybe it was all a clever ruse and Mr. Campbell never intended to run at all?  Now why would he do something like that?

Opps guess Mr. Campbell should learn from King Al, since when do you have to be registered or even a citizen for that matter to vote. (Big Al knows that one how do you think he won all this time lol)

:lol::ph34r:

I understand that Mr. Campbell filed a petition to run against Al Santos for Mayor in the June primary.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), he didn't have the required number of signatures and his petition is disqualified.  Seems there were a lot of signatures by residents who were not registered voters.  Seems like a pretty simple rule to follow when you're going after the office of mayor, doesn't it.  Make sure the people recommending you for the position can actually vote for you?  Maybe it was all a clever ruse and Mr. Campbell never intended to run at all?  Now why would he do something like that?

YOU BETTER HAVE ALL YOUR INFO RIGHT! AND IF YOU ARE IMPLYING THAT I HAVE INVOLVEMENT YOU MIGHT HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN YOU WANT!!!

Guest Guest

Please, Mr. Old Fart, I'm not looking for any problems. I'm just relaying the information as I understand it, and for what it's worth, I have every confidence that it is accurate. I have no opinion about the situation, though I find it slightly humorous. I have no idea who you are or where your interests lie, but I am certainly not implying that you have any involvement whatsoever.

:lol:  :ph34r:

YOU BETTER HAVE ALL YOUR INFO RIGHT! AND IF YOU ARE IMPLYING THAT I HAVE INVOLVEMENT YOU MIGHT HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN YOU WANT!!!

Guest A. Realist
Opps guess Mr. Campbell should learn from King Al, since when do you have to be registered or even a citizen for that matter to vote.  (Big Al knows that one how do you think he won all this time lol)

But, of course! In Election Law it's known as the Santos Exception. On Election Day, the Santosians (I'm liking that more and more) are allowed to round up all the non-residents, non-registereds and illegal aliens and take them to the polls; and the Board of Elections looks the other way.

C'mon now, doesn't that sound ridiculous, even to you ? Get real!

Please, Mr. Old Fart, I'm not looking for any problems.  I'm just relaying the information as I understand it, and for what it's worth, I have every confidence that it is accurate.  I have no opinion about the situation, though I find it slightly humorous.  I have no idea who you are or where your interests lie, but I am certainly not implying that you have any involvement whatsoever.

you seem to have alot of info that only a few people have and since your a guest you must not want anybody knowing who you are i have to ask what are you so afraid of? Why not tell us your name?

you seem to have alot of info that only a few people have and since your a guest you must not want anybody knowing who you are i have to ask what are you so afraid of?  Why not tell us your name?

This is public information. There is nothing confidential or secretive about the situation. John Campbell submitted his petition, as did all prospective candidates, to the municipal clerk. She has, by law, a certain criteria to follow in order to certify the petitioner to be put on the ballot. The clerk's standards are very liberal: basically he/she checks to see if the signers are registered voters in the district being represented. I think other irregularities, such as forgery or current eligibility, are dealt with by the Superintendent of Elections. Mr. Campbell's petition did not meet the first and most basic of tests--many of his signers were not registered voters; and so he fell short of the required number of signatures. Therefore the municipal clerk could not certify his pettion. John Campbell will not be a candidate for Mayor in the June Primary.

Guest Guest
But, of course! In Election Law it's known as the Santos Exception. On Election Day, the Santosians (I'm liking that more and more) are allowed to round up all the non-residents, non-registereds and illegal aliens and take them to the polls; and the Board of Elections looks the other way. 

C'mon now, doesn't that sound ridiculous, even to you ?  Get real!

I guess the "yes girls" are very thankful for apathy.

I also love the "Santosian Shuffle" get Torres elected, have him resign ("I love you mommy"), and then replace him with your hand picked lackey. And the best part is no one even said anything!! :rolleyes:

In honor of all of the Kearny Youth that hung out on Kearny Ave during the seventies and worshipped Neil Young, "Long May You Run" Little Prince.

:blink:

I also love the "Santosian Shuffle" get Torres elected, have him resign ("I love you mommy"), and then replace him with your hand picked lackey.  And the best part is no one even said anything!! :blink:

In honor of all of the Kearny Youth that hung out on Kearny Ave during the seventies and worshipped Neil Young, "Long May You Run" Little Prince.

:blink::blink: my blue 1973 road runner did not have that song on the radio and it was on the ave alot in the 70s ask ronny wetherspoon!`~~

Guest A. Realist

I also love the "Santosian Shuffle" get Torres elected, have him resign ("I love you mommy"), and then replace him with your hand picked lackey. And the best part is no one even said anything!! :blink:

How quickly they forget!! You make it sound as though Al's ladies have always had a cake walk. The reason for the "apathy" as you call it (I call it fear of floppin') is because the "yes" girls, especially Doyle, Sherry and Pettigrew, have proven themselves over and over again against some tough, high profile and heavily financed opponents. So now they caught a bye---enjoy it girls. You've earned it!

Also seems to me that Torres won a couple of elections. In the last one, the Anit-Santosians pulled out all the stops, even playing the ethnic card (shame on you) and he still won. I thought the process was shear genious; and all legal, too.

I dare you to call Dave Krucznis a "lackey" to his face. Betcha won't.

Guest 1st Warder

I also love the "Santosian Shuffle" get Torres elected, have him resign ("I love you mommy"), and then replace him with your hand picked lackey.  And the best part is no one even said anything!! :blink:

How quickly they forget!! You make it sound as though Al's ladies have always had a cake walk. The reason for the "apathy" as you call it (I call it fear of floppin') is because the "yes" girls, especially Doyle, Sherry and Pettigrew, have proven themselves over and over again against some tough, high profile and heavily financed opponents. So now they caught a bye---enjoy it girls. You've earned it!

Also seems to me that Torres won a couple of elections. In the last one, the Anit-Santosians pulled out all the stops, even playing the ethnic card (shame on you) and he still won. I thought the process was shear genious; and all legal, too.

I dare you to call Dave Krucznis a "lackey" to his face.  Betcha won't.

James Morejon was right, Torres was not much of a councilman. Mayor Santos did not even consider Morejon when Torres did what Morejon predicted he was going to do -- quit. Mayor Santos does not want a strong Democratic party (or councilpersons) he strictly wants to be surrounded by those who will say Yes and No depending on what he thinks is correct. James Morejon ran a good campaign and he has my vote, if he runs again. Krucznis needs to open his eyes as does Arce if they want to actually represent the 1st ward.

What ethnic card did Morejon play?

Guest A. Realist
James Morejon was right, Torres was not much of a councilman.  Mayor Santos did not even consider Morejon when Torres did what Morejon predicted he was going to do -- quit.  Mayor Santos does not want a strong Democratic party (or councilpersons) he strictly wants to be surrounded by those who will say Yes and No depending on what he thinks is correct.  James Morejon ran a good campaign and he has my vote, if he runs again.  Krucznis needs to open his eyes as does Arce if they want to actually represent the 1st ward.

What ethnic card did Morejon play?

Gee, I guess the people of the First Ward disagreed, huh? Morejon did run a hard campaign. Just not good enough to beat "not much of a councilman".

The ethnic card? Reread his literature, where he says that although Torres has an Hispanic surname, he (Morejon) was the only candidate who actually spoke the language of the voters of the ward. And don't tell me he meant the political language.

Guest Guest
Gee, I guess the people of the First Ward disagreed, huh? Morejon did run a hard campaign. Just not good enough to beat "not much of a councilman".

The ethnic card? Reread his literature, where he says that although Torres has an Hispanic surname, he (Morejon) was the only candidate who actually spoke the language of the voters of the ward. And don't tell me he meant the political language.

Isn't that the truth-- that Torres does not speak a word of Spanish and we are not sure he speaks English (because we never saw him at our door speaking, the Mayor was doing that for him and he said very little at council meetings). Morejon on the other hand speaks English, Spanish and Portuguese. He is a Cuban-American while Torres is of Polish-Puertorican descent.

Morejon would have beat Torres but for the Mayor intervening and pulling the vote out for Torres. He lost however enough of the first ward to scare him into pushing Torres out for another candidate. Santos knew if he did not change horses that Morejon would be back to finish the job. It is amazing with a candidate and a few volunteers can do against a machine.

Guest A.Realist
Isn't that the truth-- that Torres does not speak a word of Spanish and we are not sure he speaks English (because we never saw him at our door speaking, the Mayor was doing that for him and he said very little at council meetings).  Morejon on the other hand speaks English, Spanish and Portuguese.  He is a Cuban-American  while Torres is of Polish-Puertorican descent.

Morejon would have beat Torres but for the Mayor intervening and pulling the vote out for Torres.  He lost however enough of the first ward to scare him into pushing Torres out for another candidate.  Santos knew if he did not change horses that Morejon would be back to finish the job.  It is amazing with a candidate and a few volunteers can do against a machine.

There might be a shred of truth to your theory. I guess you just can't underestimate the power of the King!

The fact remains MOREJON LOST---albeit in three languages

Archived