Democracy wins in Harrison

Anselmo Millan for Mayor

Date: June 12, 2006

Harrison voters will not be denied a choice in November

In what can only be described as a major victory for voters, Mayoral candidate Anselmo Millan emerged victorious in his court battle against Mayor Raymond McDonough, and will be on the ballot in the November Election.

In his ruling yesterday, Honorable Carmen Messano stated that the objections raised by County Clerk Inclan and Ray McDonough were flawed and that the laws were written “to allow the greatest scope for public participation in the electoral process, to allow candidates to get on the ballot, to allow parties to put their candidates on the ballot, and most importantly to allow the voters a choice on Election Day.” Citing Catania v. Haberle

Raymond McDonough filed his protest to the Anselmo Millan candidacy when he learned that Millan signed a petition for his Democratic primary opponent Michael John Hinchcliffe.

“It is disturbing to me that a current elected official would try to deny voters a choice on Election Day. It is disturbing that Ray McDonough would rather attack Democracy than defend his record as Mayor of Harrison.” said Mayoral candidate Anselmo Millan “It’s time to begin communicating our solutions to the issues that affect us, and let the voters decide whether or not they want a fresh start.” "McDonough should have nothing to worry about if he can defend his record & accomplishments as Mayor and he shouldn't deny the people of Harrison a choice. Thats was simply an example of abusing his powers as Mayor using the town attorney's at tax payers expense."

Anselmo Millan is a long-time resident and former 2nd Ward Councilman in Harrison. Anselmo is seeking the office of Mayor as an independent candidate and has been an open critic of Ray McDonough’s plan to use taxpayer money for a soccer stadium, and for the unplanned residential development in Harrison.

other candidates:

Maria Camano 1st Ward

Steven McCormick 2nd Ward

Joseph Wood 4th Ward

Guest Guest
Anselmo Millan for Mayor

In what can only be described as a major victory for voters, Mayoral candidate Anselmo Millan emerged victorious in his court battle against Mayor Raymond McDonough, and will be on the ballot in the November Election.

In his ruling yesterday, Honorable Carmen Messano stated that the objections raised by County Clerk Inclan and Ray McDonough were flawed and that the laws were written “to allow the greatest scope for public participation in the electoral process, to allow candidates to get on the ballot, to allow parties to put their candidates on the ballot, and most importantly to allow the voters a choice on Election Day.”  Citing Catania v. Haberle       

Raymond McDonough filed his protest to the Anselmo Millan candidacy when he learned that Millan signed a petition for his Democratic primary opponent Michael John Hinchcliffe.

“It is disturbing to me that a current elected official would try to deny voters a choice on Election Day. It is disturbing that Ray McDonough would rather attack Democracy than defend his record as Mayor of Harrison.” said Mayoral candidate Anselmo Millan  “It’s time to begin communicating our solutions to the issues that affect us, and let the voters decide whether or not they want a fresh start.” "McDonough should have nothing to worry about if he can defend his record & accomplishments as Mayor and he shouldn't deny the people of Harrison a choice.  Thats was simply an example of abusing his powers as Mayor using the town attorney's at tax payers expense."

Anselmo Millan is a long-time resident and former 2nd Ward Councilman in Harrison. Anselmo is seeking the office of Mayor as an independent candidate and has been an open critic of Ray McDonough’s plan to use taxpayer money for a soccer stadium, and for the unplanned residential development in Harrison.

other candidates:

Maria Camano 1st Ward

Joseph Wood 4th Ward

Oh yea what a group

little Genie give me a break

Guest Guest
Anselmo Millan for Mayor

In his ruling yesterday, Honorable Carmen Messano stated that the objections raised by County Clerk Inclan and Ray McDonough were flawed and that the laws were written “to allow the greatest scope for public participation in the electoral process, to allow candidates to get on the ballot, to allow parties to put their candidates on the ballot, and most importantly to allow the voters a choice on Election Day.”  Citing Catania v. Haberle       

“It is disturbing to me that a current elected official would try to deny voters a choice on Election Day. It is disturbing that Ray McDonough would rather attack Democracy than defend his record as Mayor of Harrison.” said Mayoral candidate Anselmo Millan  “It’s time to begin communicating our solutions to the issues that affect us, and let the voters decide whether or not they want a fresh start.” "McDonough should have nothing to worry about if he can defend his record & accomplishments as Mayor and he shouldn't deny the people of Harrison a choice.  Thats was simply an example of abusing his powers as Mayor using the town attorney's at tax payers expense."

other candidates:

Maria Camano 1st Ward

Joseph Wood 4th Ward

What a group, looks like the circus is returning to town!

Guest Guest

You've got to be kiddin me. Joey Wood. The kid never went to school but he's going to run for council. Momma will be hand in hand with him. The kid never leaves her side.

What a group, looks like the circus is returning to town!

Mike why are you still living in Kearny why don't you move to Harrison so you can send your kids to our schools, play in our playgrounds & enjoy this Great town & you could even run for mayor, or get on the Board of Ed, or Become a Coach on a sporting team for the kids, or are you just doing all of this because your father-in-law is running for mayor or do you support anyone he dose, To stay on his good side. I think the only real reason you care about Harrison is because It makes you MONEY, with your restaruant. So if you restarunt was in Elizabeth would you be doing the same thing there I doubt it, Millan lives in Harrison. IF YOU CARE ABOUT THIS TOWN LIKE YOU SAY YOU DO, MOVE IN AND DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT, OTHER THEN THAT WORRY ABOUT KEARNY, WAITING FOR A REPLY

Guest Guest
You've got to be kiddin me. Joey Wood. The kid never went to school but he's going to run for council. Momma will be hand in hand with him. The kid never leaves her side.

Why Not? He can't be any worse than Mike Dolaghan or Victor Villalta

Guest guest
Why Not?  He can't be any worse than Mike Dolaghan or Victor Villalta

Have news for you, Victor has helped many people and he is as far as I am concerned the only one in that crew that does truly care about the people and the town. So if you want to talk crap, talk about the people who only come out at election time, that promise you the world and you never see them again. Victor is a caring and sincere man and should not be categorized with the others lying snakes.

Guest guest
Not with this bunch of losers. Throw in Millan, Phino, and Fernandez and we may as well get ready to move NOW!

I will not be voting nor answering my door for these fools. Another family member of ****** was just hired in the BOH what's next.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest guest

I would wonder if the crew we have now went to school with the stupid ass decisions they have made, I will tell you this is there is nothing worng with being close to his mother and it goes to show you he has a good mother if they have that kind of relationship he is not out doing drugs and getting high is he??

Guest Guest
Mike why are you still living in Kearny why don't you move to Harrison so you can send your kids to our schools, play in our playgrounds & enjoy this Great town & you could even run for mayor, or get on the Board of Ed, or Become a Coach on a sporting team for the kids, or are you just doing all of this because your father-in-law is running for mayor or do you support anyone he dose, To stay on his good side. I think the only real reason you care about Harrison is because It makes you MONEY, with your restaruant. So if you restarunt was in Elizabeth would you be doing the same thing there I doubt it, Millan lives in Harrison. IF YOU CARE ABOUT THIS TOWN LIKE YOU SAY YOU DO, MOVE IN AND DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT, OTHER THEN THAT WORRY ABOUT  KEARNY, WAITING FOR A REPLY

YOU MUST BE A STUPID UNEDUCATED PERSON, WHY DON'T YOU SPEAK WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE AND SOMEONE WILL WANT TO READ WHAT YOU WRITE, BUT THIS SHIT YOU WRITE IS SO STUPID, COME ON GROW UP. ARE YOU AN ADULT? ACT LIKE ONE

Guest Guest
Have news for you, Victor has helped many people and he is as far as I am concerned the only one in that crew that does truly care about the people and the town. So if you want to talk crap, talk about the people who only come out at election time, that promise you the world and you never see them again. Victor is a caring and sincere man and should not be categorized with the others lying snakes.

I agree with you he is so far a stand up guy and he is around for the kids, hopefully he won't turn sour just like the other lying snakes and moochers.

taking advantage of our tax money and doing what they want with it, not what we the people want.

Guest Guest
I will not be voting nor answering my door for these fools. Another family member of ****** was just hired in the BOH what's next.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Is her relative a coucilman in the third ward or what is his official title?

Guest Guest

Is he related to the Wood family in Kingsland Court whose grandmother received the Senior Citizen award several years ago as one of the oldest family's in town durin the yearly senior party in the Spring?

Or his related to the young lady who works in town hall and is a Wood by marrisge?

Or is he related the the Wood who is famous locally for playing the bagpipes for many years?

Guest Guest
Is he related to the Wood family in  Kingsland Court whose grandmother received the Senior Citizen award several years ago as one of the oldest family's in town durin the yearly senior party in the Spring?

Or his related to the young lady who works in town hall and is a Wood by marrisge?

Or is he related the the Wood who is famous locally for playing the bagpipes for many years?

Not related to any of the above families.

YOU MUST BE A STUPID UNEDUCATED PERSON, WHY DON'T YOU SPEAK WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE AND SOMEONE WILL WANT TO READ WHAT YOU WRITE, BUT THIS SHIT YOU WRITE IS SO STUPID, COME ON GROW UP. ARE YOU AN ADULT? ACT LIKE ONE

I must of hit a nerve, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Guest Guest
Mike why are you still living in Kearny why don't you move to Harrison so you can send your kids to our schools, play in our playgrounds & enjoy this Great town & you could even run for mayor, or get on the Board of Ed, or Become a Coach on a sporting team for the kids, or are you just doing all of this because your father-in-law is running for mayor or do you support anyone he dose, To stay on his good side. I think the only real reason you care about Harrison is because It makes you MONEY, with your restaruant. So if you restarunt was in Elizabeth would you be doing the same thing there I doubt it, Millan lives in Harrison. IF YOU CARE ABOUT THIS TOWN LIKE YOU SAY YOU DO, MOVE IN AND DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT, OTHER THEN THAT WORRY ABOUT  KEARNY, WAITING FOR A REPLY

WAAAAA WAAAAAA WAAAA man you can cry. Mike's doing just fine. Maybe one day he'll get involved in Kearny, but as of now he probably spends as much time in Harrison as you do!

Not with this bunch of losers. Throw in Millan, Phino, and Fernandez and we may as well get ready to move NOW!

LOSERS? Pinho just beat Castano and McDonough (who has 11 town lawyers). Pinho also beat County Clerk Javier Inclans attorney too. You want to talk about losers, lets talk about the three stooges robbin this town blind, Powell, Higins & McDonough!!!

Millan, Pinho, Fenandes, McCormick, Wood & Camano sound like a good team.

They are going to sweep the slate!