Any more layoff talks?

Guest Concerned Taxpayer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Town's not looking at the big picture here, We could save the layoffs to the fire department by making the Kearny Rescue Squad part of KFD. One (1) Emergency/ambulance vehicle per station with 2 KFD/EMT's per shift. I don't know how many of you have been taken by Kearny Rescue Squad to Clara Maass recently, but a simple ride is $300.00 plus, no IV,bandages,Oxygen etc. Do away with the Emergency Squad as a seperate entity it's a waste of money the way it is now.

Guest Taxpayer

The town would have to hire 20 more men without layoffs. Tell that to Santos.

The Town's not looking at the big picture here, We could save the layoffs to the fire department by making the Kearny Rescue Squad part of KFD. One (1) Emergency/ambulance vehicle per station with 2 KFD/EMT's per shift. I don't know how many of you have been taken by Kearny Rescue Squad to Clara Maass recently, but a simple ride is $300.00 plus, no IV,bandages,Oxygen etc. Do away with the Emergency Squad as a seperate entity it's a waste of money the way it is now.

A firefighter makes a lot more then a regular EMT. I don't see how that would save money. If anything you could put an Ambulance in Station 3 and one in Station 2. When an ambulance goes out of station 3 Ladder 1 would be OOS (while they are doing EMT duties). When an ambulance goes out of station 2 they take Squad 2 OOS (while they are doing EMT duties). But to add 2 more FF's per shift would most certainly cost more money they what would be recouped with the charge.

The cost cutting savings I would do would be have 4 civilian dispatchers hired to do the FD dispatching. Move those guys back as line firefighters. Civilians would cost less.

The time for that was years ago, now the town can't afford to take on the burden of providing organic ambulance services. The Ambulance SHOULD have been run through the FD, NOT with firefighters, but with Dedicated EMT's, as full Town employees. Now we're stuck with an outside Contractor, whether it's Harry and his people, or whoever decides to outbid him.

Guest Anotherone

This is it, in a nutshell. You WILL pay the same, most likely MORE, and you will get less. And the Kearny king will hope that you don't notice. From a service standpoint, you will not enjoy the same services. From a safety standpoint, the police and fire will do their best with the reductions they face, but safety will be negatively affected.

To Mayor Santos, Emperor, you have no clothes.

Lets all go over to the Mayors house and pay him a visit, Does anyone know where he lives?