More Money For Board Of Ed

Guest Resident

Guest Resident

Read this article on Kearny Board of Education looking for more money:

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/kearny/ind...68648113023.xml

Why did it take a rain storm and a wall (not connected to this building) to fall to have someone figure out that there was a need for repairs. Why such extensive repairs? This is usual waste on the BOE's part. Why redo the whole building when only a part is in need of it. Typical engineer creating work for himself and others politically connected.

Why do the residents continue to allow this to happen?

Why did it take a rain storm and a wall (not connected to this building) to fall to have someone figure out that there was a need for repairs. Why such extensive repairs? This is usual waste on the BOE's part. Why redo the whole building when only a part is in need of it. Typical engineer creating work for himself and others politically connected.

I think if this was a ongoing problem with the school then maybe they should have fixed the school instead of spending money on new sidewalks for the town. My taxes are high enough and i'm getting tired of putting my hand in the pocket to line others pockets. Even if the town passes this why is it costing $ 35,000 to get the word out to the ppl. Wouldn't that money be better spent on fixing the school? Everytime we turn around it's something else. Soon nobody will be able to afford to live in kearny then what will the mayor and his friends do for income? It's time for a change and everybody keeps posting that message but why isn't anybody doing something about it?

Guest Guest 99

Why did it take a rain storm and a wall (not connected to this building) to fall to have someone figure out that there was a need for repairs.  Why such extensive repairs?  This is usual waste on the BOE's part.  Why redo the whole building when only a part is in need of it.  Typical engineer creating work for himself and others politically connected.

I think if this was a ongoing problem with the school then maybe they should have fixed the school instead of spending money on new sidewalks for the town. My taxes are high enough and i'm getting tired of putting my hand in the pocket to line others pockets. Even if the town passes this why is it costing $ 35,000 to get the word out to the ppl. Wouldn't that money be better spent on fixing the school? Everytime we turn around it's something else. Soon nobody will be able to afford to live in kearny then what will the mayor and his friends do for income? It's time for a change and everybody keeps posting that message but why isn't anybody doing something about it?

Sometimes people are naive, but your statements are outright dumb. The sidewalks have nothing to do with the schools. The sidewalks were paid with UEZ funds from sales taxes, not even town money. Two totally different budgets and entities.

It cost $35,000 to run any election (vote). Renting the machines and paying the workers costs money.

And you're a tax payer and home owner. No wonder this town is going downhill.

Why wasn't this problem addressed when it first started to occur?

When will Mooney and the BOE ask for the money to update the other school buildings in town?

Where are the two idiots who posted here several months ago defending Mooney and the BOE becuase they put such great effort and concern when developing the districts' budget. Wasn't the High School falling apart then?

It is time for a change!

What gets me is that Kearny taxpayers are ponying up 3,000,000+ to fix bricks when Harrison is getting a brand new high school with all the bells and whistles for free (i.e. money from the rest of N.J. taxpayers - including US!!!!)

YOUR AN IDIOT!! ENOUGH SAID. :unsure:

"This is one that is not an unnecessary expenditure." a brilliant quote from the editor of The Observer.

Maybe it would be unnecessary if Mr. Mooney, the BOE, and previous administrators had kept up with proper maintenance of the buildings.

What do Mr. Mooney and the BOE plan to do about the other buildings that are falling apart in the district? :lol:

Why did it take a rain storm and a wall (not connected to this building) to fall to have someone figure out that there was a need for repairs.  Why such extensive repairs?  This is usual waste on the BOE's part.  Why redo the whole building when only a part is in need of it.  Typical engineer creating work for himself and others politically connected.

YOUR AN IDIOT!! ENOUGH SAID. :lol:

Why enough said? Do you like throwing your money away?

Guest I don't know

YOUR AN IDIOT!! ENOUGH SAID. :D

How come when the building was checked for the new addition no one noticed the the bricks were falling out. All that money and they couldn't include the brick work?

Who's kidding who. The beast continues to go unchecked and we keep paying for it.

Soon our taxes will be more then a monthly mortgage payment. But hey, it's for the children. :lol:

Guest Mr. Sarcasm

thank God it really is "for the kids." i thought all my tax dollars went to pay for jobs and promotions for BOE family members. oh wait, that was "for the kids" too. how about the handscanners? weren't they "for the kids"? whoops, wrong again. well certainly Mr. Diaz's $140,000 was definately "for the kids", wasn't it? sorry, wrong again. you know, maybe none of this really was "for the kids" after all? maybe, "the kids" have nothing to do with it.

seriously, can anyone tell me - how much are the lawyers, finance wizards, and bond underwriters going to make on our $6.6 million referendum? i'd love to know the answer to that! i'm sure they're worth every penny.

i'm being sarcastic.

Guest justmaybe

Is there any chance that the collapse was a result of ***** leaving a huge mound of dirt behind the wall? Where was the water to go? Remember, the wall fell after a heavy rain. Just maybe...

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

thank God it really is "for the kids." i thought all my tax dollars went to pay for jobs and promotions for BOE family members. oh wait, that was "for the kids" too. how about the handscanners? weren't they "for the kids"? whoops, wrong again. well certainly Mr. Diaz's $140,000 was definately "for the kids", wasn't it? sorry, wrong again. you know, maybe none of this really was "for the kids" after all? maybe, "the kids" have nothing to do with it.

seriously, can anyone tell me - how much are the lawyers, finance wizards, and bond underwriters going to make on our $6.6 million referendum? i'd love to know the answer to that! i'm sure they're worth every penny.

i'm being sarcastic.

the lawyers, finance wizards, and bond underwriters are saying the same thing the kid from the Dodge Ram truck commercial says- "sweet!" :lol:

Oh and Mrs. Stevenson and Mrs. Dyl aren't doing to badly either.

Guest stuckwiththebill

i'm being sarcastic.

It is for the liberals who dump their kids into the public school system!! Remember, "It Takes a Village", and "No Child Left Behind". The largest form of welfare in the world is the public school system of the USA.

All roads lead to one board member  DAVID J. STEVENSON  In to long its time for him to GO!!!!!!!

Republicans and Democrats should unite and dump this chump once and for all.

santos is the real culprit. who knows what really went on in his office with diaz? i'll tell you who. two people - santos and diaz. santos ain't talking and diaz must be silenced, so pay him off. except diaz is still talking. look for santos to try another tactic, like appointing him to some board. like he did with torres, stevenson, sgalia, martello, eckel and probably other boe members i can't think of right now.

in too long. time to go.

Guest Guest 99
santos is the real culprit. who knows what really went on in his office with diaz? i'll tell you who. two people - santos and diaz. santos ain't talking and diaz must be silenced, so pay him off. except diaz is still talking. look for santos to try another tactic, like appointing him to some board. like he did with torres, stevenson, sgalia, martello, eckel and probably other boe members i can't think of right now.

in too long. time to go.

Seems from this seat all the names you named were elected, not appointed.

in too long. time to go.

Guest 99 is the most obnoxius, Santos butt-kisser of all time. every year i get a copy of the town officials from town hall to see who gets appointed where. if Guest 99 were to do the same this Santos s**k-up would know that Santos controls the BOE by appointing the BOE members to other positions.

torres - KMUA

stevenson - Planning Board

sgalia - Library Board

martello - affordable housing board

eckel - used to be on the zoning board

i think Guest 99 should take her blinders off when it comes to our mayor. all these positions were APPOINTED not ELECTED. and appointed by one person - SANTOS.

you may now beg for forgiveness, Guest 99.

in too long. time to go.

They may be elected but it's the BOE election in April and due to the poor turn out of voters it can be a controlled election. The election should be held in November when more people come out to vote and we can save money by having one less election. For example look at this last one for the bonds how many people came out to vote? What a shame. :blink:

Archived