Hhs School

Guest Mark

I attended HHS in the late 80's. I study hard and went to all my classes. I took school seriously and understood the importance of a good education. Some teachers were good and some were bad (real bad). I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduate school. I work every day in the business world. I make alot of money. I do a good job. I understand that I probably could have a gotten into a better college and better graduate school if I went to a better high school. However, I would not trade my days at HHS for any other experience. Education is not just about books and lessons. Rather, an education is made up of experiences, studies and many intangibles that we cannot identify. HHS gave me what I needed to achieve my goals. All the students at HHS can do whatever they want. They need to set a goal and work hard to achieve that goal. Although I agree the administration does a poor job, students need to understand that they have a chance.

Guest Education?

This is exactly the reason you guys shouldn't be posting on this site, it shows how horrible our school system really is.

"I study hard and went to all my classes" that might have been better said as "I studied hard and went to all my classes" and "I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduate school." how about "I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduated school."

You know if you don't know what you are saying don't say it all, Please you are really making us look bad.

OH MY GOD!!! "GRADUATE SCHOOL" is where you go after a four year college you idiot!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE know what you are talking about before bashing others.

YOURS IS THE BEST POST YET!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is exactly the reason you guys shouldn't be posting on this site, it shows how horrible our school system really is.

"I study hard and went to all my classes" that might have been better said as "I studied hard and went to all my classes" and "I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduate school." how about "I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduated school."

You know if you don't know what you are saying don't say it all, Please you are really making us look bad.

How about this you idiot. graduate school comes after college. I could write circles around you. i wrote the excerpt in about three seconds. my point was that the kids can do whatever they want notwithstanding the comments people (like you) make about the system. poor graduation rates and lack of college attendance are not caused by the system. instead, they are caused by parents (like you) who fail to provide your children with proper motivation.

The administration at HHS is doing an excellent job; it’s the scum (want-to-be gangsters and the non-English speaking students that do not bother to try to learn the language, since everything is catered to them anyway) that goes to the school that brings its reputation and test scores down.

When you look at the students who consistently do the best concerning grades, I do not remember seeing many or any white kids at the top of the list. Don't blame your stupidity or your parents lack of participation on the minorities. They have one advantage over assholes like you, and that is a desire to succeed in life instead of having your mom ***** the Mayor to get you a town job when you graduate after 6 years. True dat!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Don't you mean "you know if you don't know what you are saying don't say it AT all..."? You should really read through your response before you hit that little add reply button!

When you look at the students who consistently do the best concerning grades, I do not remember seeing many or any white kids at the top of the list. Don't blame your stupidity or your parents lack of participation on the minorities. They have one advantage over assholes like you, and that is a desire to succeed in life instead of having your mom ***** the Mayor to get you a town job when you graduate after 6 years. True dat!

There ARE white kids on the top of the list. The ONLY reason there are more minorities on there is because that is the MAJORITY of the town. Look around you, you can count the white people on one hand. Seriously, get off the computer & get a job! Minorities have one desire "live off the government". FACT!

Get rid of the ESL (English as a Second Language) classes and force the students to learn the language. That is the only way their going to learn it, if they're forced.

Look at the name of the class, English as a SECOND LANGUAGE! What is wrong with this country? Maybe President Moron can do something good for a change and declare English as the nation's language.

Guest Jersey state schools are 90% of

You won't see anyone who has a real master's degree ever come close to coming back to harrison. Why? Why would you? A square mile of the worst you could degradade yourself to. Braindead people who want to be respected and have their rings kissed congregate here. Jersey City State will give a master's to anyone who has a pulse. Give them a map to find their ass and they would find the mayor's Good choice though. The real world is so much tougher. Just ask Puck.

Guest Judge Ito

I propose a new reality show. The mayor and his cronies versus a highly selective ccompetive team made up of:

Kato Kaelin

Spuds Mckenzie

Snyder "from one day at a time"

3CPO "Star Wars" Need I say more

Vs

The Champs

First a preemptive strike from the Hudson County All Stars. They reprogram 3CPO and make him the puppet superintendnet of schools, reducing the 12 other guys grandfathered by Frankie goes to hollywood redundant. Of course more kick backs for everyone! 3PO's a puppet, I mean a robot! Considering no one on the opposing team could even work a cell phone let alone turn on a computer, it's amazing. Then again it is Hudson County.

1-0 La Costra Nostra

Tough one considering 3P0 knows 6000 languages and has never needed an irregular oil change for kissing anyones *ss. He did seem to somehwat care about R2. But that's a whole other challenge.

Next Occurence is a shocker.............

Kato, in an amazing move, withdraws from the opposing team and accepts a position as the Head of the Harrison Redevelopment-Enetertainment Commitee. As anyone knows you need a high profile guy to trump up the possibility of Harrison becoming an entertainment mecca. With Kato on board, Katzeberg commits to build another Disney theme park that will span from the eastern little league dugout to down neck Newark and crescendo into the entrance way to the new soccer stadium called "Never gonna happen, but thanks for the kickbacks entryway"

Deniro even stops by an uses a porto-potty. Did anyone get a video?

Two Down but the opposition has it toughest players left..............

I know you may feel let down by the domination of the champions at this point and maybe want to hear Richard Dawson say that "subzero" is now going to be the next stalker. But what's fair is fair and C3PO was a foreigner in a tradionally white no command of any language community. Undertsood? Let the games begin!

Not for nothing but did you think a beer touting pitbull could be stopped in this town? Spudds is an instant celelbrity. Free Bud Light for anyone in any bar he decides to occupy. He even intervenes on a good bar fight about whether a nickel is worth more than a dime. Brilliant! If Harrison had a Thanksgiving parade he'd be leading it. As a matter of fact he might displace the crips at the Halloween parade. Gangbangers love pitbulls with free beer and 20 year old girls representing Anheuiser Busch.

Cathcing Up..........................

In the most amazing test yet, Snyder VS the Mayor at The old Stadium? In A skills Challenge. A Replica Of the Leaning Tower of Pisa will be constructed. Both Contestats will start at the top and make their way to the bottom.There will be various plumbing imperfections strung about the building. But Here's the Catch..... And there both different! So get ready contestants!

For you Snyder.....................

You will desecend a different corridor then your opponent. Behind 2 out of a posiible 15 doorrs will be your former co-stars from "One day at a time". If you pick open the door with Bonnie Franklin. You will will be accosted by a multitdue of Eddie scisscors hands and Trent Reznor Look alikes and be relieved of your much beloced facial hair and be dropped into the heart of Jerauselam with a Hitler-esque mustache. But if you choose wisely you will get to **** Valerie Bertonelli while her husband, Eddie Van Halen, basks in the golry of playing the Harrison High 85 Prom.

Mayor. You will be operating from the opposite side. The one the overlooks the million dollar parking lot, that used to be an italian restauraunt. Go Spuds!!!

OK your challenge. First we will be letting 500 residents who already have 1 high paying apppointed town job but would like to double their salalry by being appointed to another crucial capicty, storm the tower from below. Avoid the 2 the people who don't operate in this capacity already and you could move on toward victory. Next we'll let thousand's of *ss kissers that weren't swayed by Spudds, rush the tower with dreams of town jobs. Avoid them and evade the plumber's union rep collecting dues and you will be champion.

I myself "live off the government" with my monthly checks. Its not that I can't work, I have just been schooled by the best on how to get more than 1 check per month, Familiesfirst, free medical care, and housing pratically free. Why work when I can drink all day. The liquor store even delivers my booze so I don't have to leave the house. I am very similar, almost exactly like a junkie drug addict Firerman who is getting his pension and benefits from the state for being a scumbag drug addict with no purpose in life. Why come down on me me when you think it's a great idea to use your tax money to support drug addicted loser Firemen. Then its OK, right? Two-faced shit like you deserve what you get.

I don't know if they have a Masters Degree, but the Harrison school system has made Higgins and DiSalvo millionaires many times over. Thats why they stay in Harrison.

I graduated HHS in 1979 and went on to graduate from Rutgers with a BS in Nursing. I had a great time in high school. I had terrific teachers and parents that encouraged me to apply myself. I can't believe what I am reading here! It doesn't matter where you come from or what school you attend, what matters is where you want to go in life. I have a daughter that attends Kearny High, and she is a great student. I suppose she could have gotten involved with the thugs that attend, but she has hopes and dreams and goals that she has set for herself. What I am trying to say is that just because bad things are present doesn't mean you have to involve yourself with it. Parents should take responsibility on what their children are involved in.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest OLD HARRISON RESIDENT

I haven't been reading the forum for a while, but it looks like nothing changed. Yes, Harrison has its problems, but believe me Harrison is one of many Towns and Cities in the State that are going through the same thing. All you people that post on the web say terrible things about the police, firemen, town employees, everyone, all I see are people who just love to bad mouth people and don't offer any ideas on how to solve the problems. If all our children read this forum, they must think you are just a bunch of "asses"! You all seem like immature children that haven't been getting their way, and just like to cast stones. Please grow up and offer some constructive ways to help our Town!

I attended HHS in the late 80's. I study hard and went to all my classes. I took school seriously and understood the importance of a good education. Some teachers were good and some were bad (real bad). I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduate school. I work every day in the business world. I make alot of money. I do a good job. I understand that I probably could have a gotten into a better college and better graduate school if I went to a better high school. However, I would not trade my days at HHS for any other experience. Education is not just about books and lessons. Rather, an education is made up of experiences, studies and many intangibles that we cannot identify. HHS gave me what I needed to achieve my goals. All the students at HHS can do whatever they want. They need to set a goal and work hard to achieve that goal. Although I agree the administration does a poor job, students need to understand that they have a chance.

Yes Mark, For Their Sake, I Hope That All Of The Current Students At HHS Understand That They Too Have A Chance. In Fact, I Hope That They Understand That They Have An Even Better Chance Than You. As You Mentioned In Your Post, Some Of The Teachers At HHS Were "Bad (Real Bad)", And From The Looks Of It, Your Former English, And Grammar Teachers In Particular, Need To Be Crucified. They've Failed To Teach You Proper Sentence Structure, And The Use Of Commas. Not To Mention How To Properly Use A Thesaurus So Not To Use Words Like "Bad", And "Better" When Desperately Trying To Sound "Edjewmikated Yo!" I Believe That It Will Soon Be That Time Of Year Again When Kearny High School Opens Their Doors To All Currently Successful, Former HHS Students, In Their "Evening/Night School Program". God Bless, And All Of The Best For The Future.

Guest John Q. Citizen

To old harrison resident,

What you don't understand is that the lowlifes that do all the bashing on this forum are not town residents and never have been. They're unhappy with their jobs, lives , wifes , girlfriends , pea-brains, whatever. It's best to just ignore them.

The only chance they have is to kiss the Mayors ass and get a town job after they realize that social promotion isn't such a great thing.

What a MORON

"I study hard and went to all my classes"  that might have been better said as "I studied hard and went to all my classes"  and "I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduate school." how about "I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduated school."

How about this you idiot. graduate school comes after college. I could write circles around you. i wrote the excerpt in about three seconds. my point was that the kids can do whatever they want notwithstanding the comments people (like you) make about the system. poor graduation rates and lack of college attendance are not caused by the system. instead, they are caused by parents (like you) who fail to provide your children with proper motivation.

Please do not say the Moron is a Parent,(POOR KIDS)

If there are problems with our school system, it is a direct result of parent participation. The proof can be seen at any sporting event or any P.T.A. meeting.

Sure it is easy to blame the school, the teachers, the coaches, or the government for all our childrens problems.

The most valuable driving force behind any successful student lies within the family unit. The tighter and more supporting the family unit is, the more equipped the student will be for his or her future. If your child is having difficulity in school or in life, don't look at the school or government for the easy fix. Look first in the mirror and ask yourself "have I done everything I could have done to be a participant in my childs life ?"

If you find that there are things you could have, or should have done, don't just sit there, start making the changes.

Monitor his or her homework, know their teachers, know who their friends are, find out your childs interests and concerns. Where do they go with their friends?

Spend time with your child even if its' only 15 minutes a day.

The time you spend today will save you much dispair in your families future.

My children are products of the Harrison school system and have gone onto and graduated from college. They are very successful in their careers and am proud of them and this school system.

If this school system can manage to graduate top students in the same classrooms with the same teachers and there are failures. The finger must point directly at the failing students and their support group, "the Family".

They do spend 15 minutes a day with their kids. The 1 1/2 hours per week on Saturdays add up to that. Visitation at the Hudson county correctional facility can prove it. They even have the sign-in and sign-out sheets to prove it. they had tried to see their teachers but how long can you stare at all the jewelry and diamonds and see them scoot onto 280W without getting sick. Get the picture. The facilities stink, nepotism is rampant, and money rule$ a$ u$ual.

Archived