Hhs School

Guest Mark

I attended HHS in the late 80's.  I study hard and went to all my classes.  I took school seriously and understood the importance of a good education.  Some teachers were good and some were bad (real bad).  I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduate school.  I work every day in the business world.  I make alot of money.  I do a good job.  I understand that I probably could have a gotten into a better college and better graduate school if I went to a better high school.  However, I would not trade my days at HHS for any other experience.  Education is not just about books and lessons.  Rather, an education is made up of experiences, studies and many intangibles that we cannot identify.  HHS gave me what I needed to achieve my goals.  All the students at HHS can do whatever they want.  They need to set a goal and work hard to achieve that goal.  Although I agree the administration does a poor job, students need to understand that they have a chance.

Yes Mark, For Their Sake, I Hope That All Of The Current Students At HHS Understand That They Too Have A Chance. In Fact, I Hope That They Understand That They Have An Even Better Chance Than You. As You Mentioned In Your Post, Some Of The Teachers At HHS Were "Bad (Real Bad)", And From The Looks Of It, Your Former English, And Grammar Teachers In Particular, Need To Be Crucified. They've Failed To Teach You Proper Sentence Structure, And The Use Of Commas. Not To Mention How To Properly Use A Thesaurus So Not To Use Words Like "Bad", And "Better" When Desperately Trying To Sound "Edjewmikated Yo!" I Believe That It Will Soon Be That Time Of Year Again When Kearny High School Opens Their Doors To All Currently Successful, Former HHS Students, In Their "Evening/Night School Program". God Bless, And All Of The Best For The Future.

Before you knock someone for proper sentence structure, maybe you should know that not EVERY word in a sentence is CAPITILIZED!

From the looks of your icon, you're from Kearny, so how about you stay there and stay in their section of the discussion board, and leave us Harrisonians alone.

I attended HHS in the late 80's.  I study hard and went to all my classes.  I took school seriously and understood the importance of a good education.  Some teachers were good and some were bad (real bad).  I took my SAT's and I went on to college and then graduate school.  I work every day in the business world.  I make alot of money.  I do a good job.  I understand that I probably could have a gotten into a better college and better graduate school if I went to a better high school.  However, I would not trade my days at HHS for any other experience.  Education is not just about books and lessons.  Rather, an education is made up of experiences, studies and many intangibles that we cannot identify.  HHS gave me what I needed to achieve my goals.  All the students at HHS can do whatever they want.  They need to set a goal and work hard to achieve that goal.  Although I agree the administration does a poor job, students need to understand that they have a chance.

Yes Mark, For Their Sake, I Hope That All Of The Current Students At HHS Understand That They Too Have A Chance. In Fact, I Hope That They Understand That They Have An Even Better Chance Than You. As You Mentioned In Your Post, Some Of The Teachers At HHS Were "Bad (Real Bad)", And From The Looks Of It, Your Former English, And Grammar Teachers In Particular, Need To Be Crucified. They've Failed To Teach You Proper Sentence Structure, And The Use Of Commas. Not To Mention How To Properly Use A Thesaurus So Not To Use Words Like "Bad", And "Better" When Desperately Trying To Sound "Edjewmikated Yo!" I Believe That It Will Soon Be That Time Of Year Again When Kearny High School Opens Their Doors To All Currently Successful, Former HHS Students, In Their "Evening/Night School Program". God Bless, And All Of The Best For The Future.

I would appreciate if you could edit my initial draft. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest_Guest

BLAH BLAH BLAH....

I bet you and "Mister Brady" take Tiger on a lovely stroll through West Hudson park every evening too.

Where can I purchase your "How to be the perfect parent" book?

Archived