Harrison Councilman Arrested By Hpd!

Guest ifyano

Yes its true. he was arrested after coming out of the End Zone Tavern and charged as a disorderly person. He sinced has filed counter complaints against the arresting officer for assault and false arrest. There will be a change of venue and the case will probably be heard in another jusrisdiction. You can read about it in the

Observer on Wednesday. Tony Attrino has been given an exclusive interview.

This case is going to cost the Town of Harrison a lot of money in legal fees. The Officer who made the arrest should have used a little more discretion. He turned a routine job of checking tavern closings into a fiasco.

Yes its true. he was arrested after coming out of the End Zone Tavern and charged as a disorderly person. He sinced has filed counter complaints against the arresting officer for assault and false arrest. There will be a change of venue and the case will probably be heard in another jusrisdiction. You can read about it in the

Observer on Wednesday. Tony Attrino has been given an exclusive interview.

THE ARREST OF A HARRISON COUNCILMAN WILL BE SWEPT UNDER THE RUG. THE P.B.A. OFFICER WILL CAVE ,LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO.

HARRISON'S TWO JERK OFFS AGAIN MADE THE PAPER! ONLY AS ONE DID THE OTHER WILL HAVE TO EAT SHIT, NOT SHOVEL IT AS HE NORMALLY DOES AT PASSAIC VALLEY. THAT WAS THE MOST SORRY ASS ATTEMPT YET BY THE KELLYS. HE EVEN USED HIS FAMILY MEMBER AS AN EXCUSE! SHOULD OF THOUGHT OF THAT 15 YRS OLD. JAIL TIME WOULD ONLY MAKE HIM ANOTHER AL SHARPTON. YOUR WARD IS SO PROUD OF YOU! :o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This situation is a travesty. A guy who picked himself up from the dregs of alcohol abuse and stayed on the path to sobriety for a number of years and then let himself go back into active alcoholism. He obviously has to look into the mirror and re identify not only himself, but what happened to the lessons that he learned. Dan Kelly has to get a grip on himself and his surroundings .Most of all he has to be honest to and with himself. It takes charachter and focus to step up to reality. He has no one else to blame for his problem but Dan Kelly.

Guest Uncle Junior

I read the Observer regarding the arrest of the Harrison Councilman. It said he was charged under a Town Ordinance. If thats true, he should have never been arrested. Its against the law to arrest someone under a Town Ordinance. The Officer should have simply issued him a copy of the ordinance to appear in court. There is case law regarding this.

It may be that the HPD is out to get the politicians because they refused to promote any of them to Sergeant. Its amazing, that the full police report was given to the Observer who printed it. The public information officer should have never given this report to the paper because an Internal Affairs complaint was made against the officer and it was an ongoing investigation. Maybe the Police Administrators have something against this Councilman. The Public Information Officers should have simply given the name and address of the arrested Councilman, the name of the arresting officer, the charge, and a short statement regarding the facts of the arrest.

The article also stated that the arresting officer has been a discipline problem in the past. This will all come out when the lawyer for the defendant demands discovery of all reports, personel files and the like.

The cop in question has been ******* ** *** **** **** ** *****. **** *** ******** ** **** but I am not sure what the other one was for. He also seems to be out of work injured quite a bit of the time. He was one of the main writers during the infamous "ticket-blitz" against the residents of Harrison. There are other ways to become a big man in the PBA except trying to bring yourself up by bringing others down. You could always punch out the President of the PBA at this years Christmas party as the resident bully is no longer in circulation. Is this another form of protest for the main troublemakers in the PBA not being promoted off the last list. The PBA has targeted as evil beings the ex-Chief, then an ex-Capt., the Mayor, now a current Ptl. and Sgt. It appears they have now moved onto the council members. Talk about shame! Was this planned like many of the other PBA unsuccessful vindictive actions against the Administration of the town.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

First of all, its not against the law to have a drink. Its ironic, that one of the cops shook the Councilman's hand and chatted amicably with him. Apparently the other didn't want to shake his hand and thats his perogative. Instead of just ordering everyone out of the bar he turned it into a big mess. I thought they taught self-control and how to react to others who are under the influence of alcohol.

I would suggest that Internal Affairs obtain statements from unbiased witnesses to sort this out and find out who is telling the truth. If I were the Councilman, I would have my lawyer take statements from the witnesses.

One way or another, this is going to take a long time before it is adjudicated. :angry:

Good job HPD do not let them intimidate you guys....If DK is such an honarble man ect AA blahblahbla what is an alcoholic doing in a bar drinking alcohol?

YES I HAVE SINNED PLEASE FORGIVE ME TAMMY

Guest GUEST_Guest

DAN KELLY WHEN SOBER DID MORE FOR THE KID'S OF HARRISON THAN THE MAYOR OR ANY OTHER COUNCIL MEMBER EVER DID I REMEMBER SEEING DAN AT SEVERAL RECREACTION FUNCTIONS. THESE DAY'S THE ONLY TIME YOU SEE ANY OF THEM IS WHEN A PICTURE NEEDS TO BE TAKEN.

IT IS VERY SAD THAT HE HAS ONCE AGIN TURNED TO THE BOTTLE.

GET CLEAN DAN

Guest well said

Very well said. If he was not drinking, he would not have gotten himself into this situation. If the arrest was warranted, I applaud the officer for carrying it out. I am sure his character will be assinated in a vain effort for Kelly to clear his name.

Sleeping on duty!!! No wonder there are so many stolen cars overnight in this town. What a disgrace! He should have been fired when that happened. Maybe he was sleeping on duty because he had a few too many the night before.

It is true, in my opinion, that the Patrolmen are running the Harrison Police Dept. The supervisors in the union go out drinking and fraternizing with the patrolmen and it is difficult to discipline someone who is your "friend." The ex-Chief attempted to discipline several officers and the Police Commitee Chairman refused to follow thru due to his "closeness" with several of the officers. Just because officers on a promtional exam list do not get promoted seems to give these officers abusive powers to do anything they want with no fear of the consequences because they are immune to discipline. Someone or some agency should take over the department and restore order because the supervisors are running scared of the patrolman in fear of being unpopular. Ticket blitzes attacking the residents, phantom people shooting at an officer who apparently just wanted to get out on a disability pension, constant sick time abuse, and favoritism by supervisors toward certain union officials are just some examples of a Police Dept. out of control. This mess needs to be corrected immediately for the safety of everyone in the town and the officers themselves. Officers may have the title of Sgt., LT., etc..but are powerless to discipline the officers due to a unified popularity contest and anger towards the Mayor and Council.

Sleeping on duty!!! No wonder there are so many stolen cars overnight in this town. What a disgrace! He should have been fired when that happened. Maybe he was sleeping on duty because he had a few too many the night before.

The cars stolen are because the stupid moron's who go into farinhas and leave them running with all of their belongings inside(Cash,wallets, pocketbooks) If the patrons of farinhas ever took the keys with them their would not be any stolen cars in that area dummy.........

I would just like to know why you feel it's ALWAYS the cops fault? I have been in this mans company on several occasions & he is NOT a very personable person. He feels he's above the law & this cop showed him he's not. What was he doing in the bar after closing time? Why is a man that is supposed to be reformed doing in a bar at all?

I think the cop should be applauded for doing his job! Job well done!

Don't give up Dan. You have done a lot for Harrison. Don't let the HPD's vengeance get you down. In the long run you will prevail and clear your name.

The people in the Harrison Gardens who receive food from your food pantry should step up and back you. God knows you have done a lot for them.

I hope the other Harrison Politicians take heed regarding what happened to you.

Since when is it against the law to speak your mind. Get a good lawyer, win the case, and then seek retribution through the civil courts.

:I read the Observer regarding the arrest of the Harrison Councilman. It said he was charged under a Town Ordinance. If thats true, he should have never been arrested. Its against the law to arrest someone under a Town Ordinance. The Officer should have simply issued him a copy of the ordinance to appear in court. There is case law regarding this.

It may be that the HPD is out to get the politicians because they refused to promote any of them to Sergeant. Its amazing, that the full police report was given to the Observer who printed it. The public information officer should have never given this report to the paper because an Internal Affairs complaint was made against the officer and it was an ongoing investigation. Maybe the Police Administrators have something against this Councilman. The Public Information Officers should have simply given the name and address of the arrested Councilman, the name of the arresting officer, the charge, and a short statement regarding the facts of the arrest.

The article also stated that the arresting officer has been a discipline problem in the past. This will all come out when the lawyer for the defendant demands discovery of all reports, personel files and the like.

Capt. Coverup, How many times did you order your officers to issue a TO and kick them loose. Get of your rock and stop preaching you pompous asshole! Or maybe it was you Chief Killalot that gave this infromative statement, cause god only knows that you were always by the book. :angry::lol:

You state " It's amazing, that the full police report was given to the Observer who printed it". Anyone can figure that one out, Councilman Smirnoff Oh! I mean Councilman Kelly. Who let his friend I got all the facts Attrino have the exculsive. :D

I think that several of the officers may have a love/sexual interest towards the ex-Chief and an ex-Captain because they cannot seem to move on with their lives with them gone. If so, proclaim your homosexuality to all so that you can find a suitable life partner. I am sure your buddies will support you and help you just like they helped a now fired officer (got caught with drugs) by facilitating his drinking and having a few with him. Real friends would have helped him (the officer) NOT to drink instead of drinking with him knowing he had the sickness of alcoholism. This is just another example of how the PBA takes care of its own members. Pitifull, just pitifull.

Guest Old Ironsides

You should know Lt. Panic Disorder. Do you still suffer from the heartache of psroisis? Geez, I hope I spelled that right. Stay off your computer for awhile, the PD is no longer paying you OT to fix their's.

Sometimes it would be cheaper for the Town if some Officers just continued to sleep on duty instead of arresting someone who tried to give them a handshake as a goodwill jesture. This is going to be an expensive mess. And, when the civil suit is served on sleeping beauty, Oh settle me Murray will reward Oh Danny Boy with a nice piece of change.

Meanwhile the inmates will continue to run the asylum known as the HPD.

And "CB" will continue to hide in the tall grass.

:angry:

The Observer Always Has The BEST Exclusives...

Good Job Tony!

How many times did the Bosses at the HPD NOT arrest a certain Councilman and his companion for domestic violence when they were fighting? If you think the HPD is fair to all people in all situations, you must be either crazy or stupid. This other councilman could have thrown barstools at the Cops at closing time and they would at best driven him home.

Archived