Harrison Councilman Arrested By Hpd!

Guest ifyano

Guest guest_Guest
Don't give up Dan. You have done a lot for Harrison. Don't let the HPD's vengeance get you down. In the long run you will prevail and clear your name.

The people in the Harrison Gardens who receive food from your food pantry should step up and back you. God knows you have done a lot for them.

I hope the other Harrison Politicians take heed regarding what happened to you.

Since when is it against the law to speak your mind. Get a good lawyer, win the case, and then seek retribution through the civil courts.

Doing alot for Your town and people does not give You the rite to demand a bar tender to give You a drink at closing time . He has to get up and leave just like everyone else does He is not a privledged character. He should get the same thing any patron would get under the same cercumstances....He sat there and demanded a drink and got none so He was mad .Asked the bar tender do You know who I am...So I guess this bar tender should have given him a drink and possible got shut down for serving after hours....Stop blaming a cop for doing His Job.....If He didnt do it You would B**ch about that to......You can never keep any of YOu complainers happy...I say good for the cop for doing His job....And if He chose not to shake DK hand so what He doesnt have to.....You get sick of hearing do You know who I am...Like who they are makes it ok for them to break the law....DK may be a nice guy but he is not above the law..I hope he gets help again I know staying on the wagon is a diffacult thing and it is even harder when You have just about a entire family that drinks. it does not help...He has a wonderful Wife and Kids to draw steenth from..I pray for His recovery DkK please go back to Your support groups and clean up again so You can continue to help the people that You have been..But I am sorry You are not above the Law because who You are.....I dont believe there is any vengeance here just an officer doing His Job....

Guest guest_Guest
I think that several of the officers may have a love/sexual interest towards the ex-Chief and an ex-Captain because they cannot seem to move on with their lives with them gone. If so, proclaim your homosexuality to all so that you can find a suitable life partner. I am sure your buddies will support you and help you just like they helped a now fired officer (got caught with drugs) by facilitating his drinking and having a few with him. Real friends would have helped him (the officer) NOT to drink instead of drinking with him knowing he had the sickness of alcoholism. This is just another example of how the PBA takes care of its own members. Pitifull, just pitifull.

Your a sick Jerk....

How many times did the Bosses at the HPD NOT arrest a certain Councilman and his companion for domestic violence when they were fighting? If you think the HPD is fair to all people in all situations, you must be either crazy or stupid. This other councilman could have thrown barstools at the Cops at closing time and they would at best driven him home.

THAT'S THE TRUTH

I think that several of the officers may have a love/sexual interest towards the ex-Chief and an ex-Captain because they cannot seem to move on with their lives with them gone. If so, proclaim your homosexuality to all so that you can find a suitable life partner. I am sure your buddies will support you and help you just like they helped a now fired officer (got caught with drugs) by facilitating his drinking and having a few with him. Real friends would have helped him (the officer) NOT to drink instead of drinking with him knowing he had the sickness of alcoholism. This is just another example of how the PBA takes care of its own members. Pitifull, just pitifull.

That's funny you should mention the Officer that was busted. The Ex-Captain was his friend, he had a nice big plaque on the wall of his office from that same Officer. When he got caught he could not wait to put his picture in the paper. I do not recall the Ex-Captain trying to stop him from doing anything! Both men are long retired eveyone should just let it go.

I can't believe that Councilman Kelly was arrested. The poor guy has a sickness and it's called ***** ***** ******. It's about time the hammer fell on this egomaniac. This is not the first time this year, he has been trashed and threatened Police Officers jobs (St. Pats Day)blow hard.

Do you know who I am? blah blah blah, have another drink. I'll have your job Blah, Blah, Blah. Take my picture for the observer. Wait till I'm the mayor, I'll have your job Blah, Blah, Blah. The first order of business when I mayor, is to have all the bars and liquor stores open 24 HRS :lol: . Second order of business is that all Police Officers are ordered to shake my hand everytime they see me. Third order of business let's have a drink, make mine a double Scotch. :lol:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Court Reporter
Ticket blitzes attacking the residents, phantom people shooting at an officer who apparently just wanted to get out on a disability pension, constant sick time abuse, and favoritism by supervisors toward certain union officials are just some examples of a Police Dept. out of control. This mess needs to be corrected immediately for the safety of everyone in the town and the officers themselves. Officers may have the title of Sgt., LT., etc..but are powerless to discipline the officers due to a unified popularity contest and anger towards the Mayor and Council.

Ticket blitzes---did it ever occur to you the tickets were legit?--have'nt heard of any being dismissed.

Phantom people shooting at officers--not proven either way.

Sick time abuse?---- It's abuse when someone gets suspended or fired---hasn't happened.

Officers do discipline the troops--ask around.

Don't give up Dan. You have done a lot for Harrison. Don't let the HPD's vengeance get you down. In the long run you will prevail and clear your name.

The people in the Harrison Gardens who receive food from your food pantry should step up and back you. God knows you have done a lot for them.

I hope the other Harrison Politicians take heed regarding what happened to you.

Since when is it against the law to speak your mind. Get a good lawyer, win the case, and then seek retribution through the civil courts.

Doing alot for Your town and people does not give You the rite to demand a bar tender to give You a drink at closing time . He has to get up and leave just like everyone else does He is not a privledged character. He should get the same thing any patron would get under the same cercumstances....He sat there and demanded a drink and got none so He was mad .Asked the bar tender do You know who I am...So I guess this bar tender should have given him a drink and possible got shut down for serving after hours....Stop blaming a cop for doing His Job.....If He didnt do it You would B**ch about that to......You can never keep any of YOu complainers happy...I say good for the cop for doing His job....And if He chose not to shake DK hand so what He doesnt have to.....You get sick of hearing do You know who I am...Like who they are makes it ok for them to break the law....DK may be a nice guy but he is not above the law..I hope he gets help again I know staying on the wagon is a diffacult thing and it is even harder when You have just about a entire family that drinks. it does not help...He has a wonderful Wife and Kids to draw steenth from..I pray for His recovery DkK please go back to Your support groups and clean up again so You can continue to help the people that You have been..But I am sorry You are not above the Law because who You are.....I dont believe there is any vengeance here just an officer doing His Job....

check with the barmaid, DK was not demanding a drink, he was on his way out like

everyone else, there was a problem getting out the door because of a lady in the

wheelchair. This does not however excuse DK, he was under the influence and

was nasty, but that cop was also arrogant and cocky. He also made remarks to

the other patrons that where there. If the barmaid told a different story, then

one of those stories are a lie.

All of the tickets were dismissed as a group by the judge. The cop was just a chicken-shit who ran out of guts and didn't want to supervise a squad and it would be a disgrace is he got any type of disability pension for being in the Purdue family, and the one supervisor who acted like a tough guy towards certain people that he didn't like by trying to write them up croaked. Thats the truth.

:lol: This case is an interesting juxtaposition.

One Officer shakes the Councilman's hand and chats with him regarding how a retired Officer fared during the hurricanes in Florida.

The other refuses to shake his hand and then arrests the councilman when he argues with him.

What ever happened to the Community Police Officer. One who knew the residents, engaged in friendly conversation with them, and settled minor disputes without making an arrest.

Its acknowledged that this officer has been a discipline problem in the past. Its interesting that he has been disciplined for sleeping on duty and spending most of the night parked side by side with another officer in WH Park. His is not your typical proactive officer unless he is motivated by listening to the miscreants of the department complain about lack of promotions. This caused him to engage in a ticket blitz even though he failed ther last Sergeant test. I kind of wonder where he is coming from and must conclude that he is easily led. :lol:

This latest fiasco,arresting a Councilman for exercising his first amendment rights,

leads me to conclude that this officer needs sensitivity training in an effort to salvage his career.

Guest just the facts

hy is it always have to be the PBA being vindictive or some grand scheme, could it be that our councilman is a drunk and can't hold his liquor. Maybe just maybe he was an idiot and deserved to be locked up. Oh I forgot not our esteemed councilman please already.....

AFTER READING LAST WEEK'S OBSERVER I HAD NP IDEA WHO THIS COP WAS.

TO MY SUPRISE HIS UGLY MUG IS IN THE PAPER TODAY.

THAT MAN IS DOWN RIGHT NASTY, A FEW WEEKS AGO WE HAD HEAVY RAIN DURING RUSH HOUR ON A WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE AREA NEAR THE PATH WAS FLOODED HE WAS DIRECTING TRAFFIC, HE LET A CAR GO THROUGH THAT WAS A HEAD OF ME SO I ASKED HIM IF I COULD GO EXPLAINING THAT I HAD TO GET TO ST JAMES HOSPITAL . WELL YOU WOULD THINK THAT I WAS TRYING TO STEAL HIS FIRST BORN. HE CALL ME EVERY STUPID IDIOT.

I HAD NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE THAT DAY AND HAVE NOT SEEN HIM SINCE UNTIL TODAY.

I WOULD NOT PISS ON THAT MAN IF HE WERE ON FIRE.

HE IS AS NASTY AS HE LOOKS.

ENOUGH WITH THE GOBLIN AND HIS GROUDS, GOOD JOB HPD FOR KEEPIN THE CREATURES AWAY! FREAK BOY JUST FINISH THAT GOVERMENT CHEESE SANDWICH BEFORE DANNY SAILS UP FROM FLA WITH HIS GRAND PLAN AGAIN.

I don't worry about that cop arresting me. Apparently they woke him up while on duty and look what happened. They must have interrupted a good dream like he was making more money and not doing any work. Put him in the Fire department. He seems to know how to sleep very well while on duty.

The case against Dan Kelly is going to be assigned to another Municipal Court in Hudson County. He has signed counter complaints against the officer. This could have been avoided if the Officer kept his cool and didn't arrest Kelly for failing the deference test. The other cop who was there didn't make a move to assist in the arrest cause he knew it was uncalled for, but he will probably have to back up him, otherwise he would be ostrasized by the militant PBA.

If I were Kelly's lawyer I would question why he was arrested when he shook one cops hand and attempted to shake the others. Thats what politicians do. Even if they don't like you they offer you a handshake. This is an easy case to win and a Judge in another Town won't take long to figure out that Kelly's not guilty.

As far as being in a tavern and consuming alcoholic beverages, that's not against the law. If it was after hours, then the bars owner should have been issued a summons for a ABC violation which was not done. :P:(:lol:

THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME KELLY WAS DRUNK IN A HARRISON BAR,AND SHOT HIS BIG MOUTH OFF. START LOOKING FOR A THIRD WARD COUNCILMAN BECAUSE KELLY IS DONE,AND SO ARE HIS FAMILY TOWN JOB'S. :(

DAN KELLY WHEN SOBER DID MORE FOR THE KID'S OF HARRISON THAN THE MAYOR OR ANY OTHER COUNCIL MEMBER EVER DID I REMEMBER SEEING DAN AT SEVERAL RECREACTION FUNCTIONS. THESE DAY'S THE ONLY TIME YOU SEE ANY OF THEM IS WHEN A PICTURE NEEDS TO BE TAKEN.

IT IS VERY SAD THAT HE HAS ONCE AGIN TURNED TO THE BOTTLE.

GET CLEAN DAN

Yeah rite, just ask his wife and kids.

Archived