Dr. Siwek

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Are there any plans in the works to honor Dr. Siwek in any way? Maybe a street named after him or something? Please don't respond with any derrogatory remarks, Dr. Siwek doesn't deserve any of that. Thank You.

Guest Guest
Are there any plans in the works to honor Dr. Siwek in any way?  Maybe a street named after him or something?  Please don't respond with any derrogatory remarks, Dr. Siwek doesn't deserve any of that.  Thank You.

maybe I missed something here, but did something happen to Dr. Siwek? I moved out of town awhile ago, and used to go to him when I was a kid, as did my whole family. Usually when they name a street after someone that means he died. If so, only kinds thoughts of the "O Happy Day"man...

Guest GUEST
Are there any plans in the works to honor Dr. Siwek in any way?  Maybe a street named after him or something?  Please don't respond with any derrogatory remarks, Dr. Siwek doesn't deserve any of that.  Thank You.

maybe Central Ave could be named after him, since he had his office there for many yrs. Perhaps: Siwek Ave.

Guest Harry Bawls

I agree, Doc was and still is the best. Maybe part of the Health Dept can be named after him. He was my doctor for over 50 years, compassion, is the first word that comes to mind when I think of him and I do it often.

Guest guest

you come to a class of clowns and want to be serious, come on! Why don't you start a petition to get the ball rolling before anyone who knew of him is either dead or has relocated. I will say he was truly what a doctor should be. God bless him.

Guest Guest
you come to a class of clowns and want to be serious, come on! Why don't you start a petition to get the ball rolling before anyone who knew of him is either dead or has relocated. I will say he was truly what a doctor should be. God bless him.

Dr. Siwek delivered me and was my doctor for over 60 years! It's going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to replace such a kind knowledgable man who has more compassion for people than most clergymen. After his heart attack in Feb., 2006 at age 89! he was forced to retire. One of the longest priviledged doctors at both West Hudson Hospital and St. Michaels Hospital he continues to live in Kearny and Avon. He was the school physician for as long as I can remember, always attending both home and away games (which he was not required to). I also believe he was the town physician as well as the police and fire dep't. Doctor for many years! He treated everyone with dignity and respect, and still made house calls in Feb. of 2006 prior to his heart attack. He had the best diagnostic skills and simple cures of most practicing physicians, according to many of the nurses at West Hudson Hospital. A man who treated anyone and everyone irregardless of insurance or socio-economic status. He should of taught at a medical school, and imparted some of his wisdom, compassion and knowledge to help humanize medicine. If anyone deserves such an honor it is truly this man!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it could be done, while he is still alive!

Guest Guest

Dr. Siwek's house recently sold. I hope that a young professional couple are the buyers so that his way of life is continued. I hope no low life, non-english speaking immigrant bought it, it would be such a shame.

Guest Guest
Dr. Siwek delivered me and was my doctor for over 60 years! It's going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to replace such a kind knowledgable man who has more compassion for people than most clergymen. After his heart attack in Feb., 2006 at age 89! he was forced to retire. One of the longest priviledged doctors at both West Hudson Hospital and St. Michaels Hospital he continues to live in Kearny and Avon. He was the school physician for as long as I can remember, always attending both home and away games (which he was not required to). I also believe he was the town physician as well as the police and fire dep't. Doctor for many years! He treated everyone with dignity and respect, and still made house calls in Feb. of 2006 prior to his heart attack. He had the best diagnostic skills and simple cures of most practicing physicians, according to many of the nurses at West Hudson Hospital. A man who treated anyone and everyone irregardless of insurance or socio-economic status. He should of taught at a  medical school, and imparted some of his wisdom, compassion and knowledge to help humanize medicine. If anyone deserves such an honor it is truly this man!

Guest Guest
Dr. Siwek delivered me and was my doctor for over 60 years! It's going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to replace such a kind knowledgable man who has more compassion for people than most clergymen. After his heart attack in Feb., 2006 at age 89! he was forced to retire. One of the longest priviledged doctors at both West Hudson Hospital and St. Michaels Hospital he continues to live in Kearny and Avon. He was the school physician for as long as I can remember, always attending both home and away games (which he was not required to). I also believe he was the town physician as well as the police and fire dep't. Doctor for many years! He treated everyone with dignity and respect, and still made house calls in Feb. of 2006 prior to his heart attack. He had the best diagnostic skills and simple cures of most practicing physicians, according to many of the nurses at West Hudson Hospital. A man who treated anyone and everyone irregardless of insurance or socio-economic status. He should of taught at a  medical school, and imparted some of his wisdom, compassion and knowledge to help humanize medicine. If anyone deserves such an honor it is truly this man!

I couldn't agree more, he maintained his office and residence on Central Ave. for over 60 years. He helped more people and did more good during his years of practcing medicine, than most of us in a lifetime. He is not only a great doctor, but never had a bad word to say about anyone. He is a credit to his profession and a great assest to the people of Harrison. We need more role models like him for young people. We should start a petition to rename Central Ave. after him "Dr. Stanley J. Siwek Blvd. or Ave.!

Guest guest
I agree, Doc was and still is the best. Maybe part of the Health Dept can be named after him. He was my doctor for over 50 years, compassion, is the first word that comes to mind when I think of him and I do it often.

I HEARD MANY PEOPLE SAY THAT HE LOOKED 20 YRS YOUNGER THAN HE WAS. I ALWAYS TOLD HIM THAT HE LOOKED YOUNGER THAN VP CHENEY WHO IS ONLY ABOUT 67. A FEW PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT 2-3 yrs ago, he was so fit & trim and they saw him jump off one of the 2 - 2 1/2 ft ledges surounding the West Hudson H. building.

About 5 yrs ago, I saw that he had put on a few lbs and his shirt was tight. When I went back 9 mts later, he had 'lost' those few 'extra' lbs. That's a doctor who practiced what he preached!

Guest guest

I ALWAYS TOLD HIM THAT HE GOT AN 'A' IN 'BEDSIDE MANNER', COMPARED TO 2 OTHER GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN IN TOWN APPROX 25 YRS, practicing together, who 'probably' got a 'D' or 'F' in medical school in the class for 'BEDSIDE MANNER/PATIENT RELATIONS'!

AFTER HIS HEART ATTACK, I SUGGESTED TO HIM, THAT HE COME BACK TO WORK ON A 'PART-TIME' BASIS, WHERE HE WOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE WORK HE LOVED SO MUCH AT A 'SLOWER' SPEED. I SUGGESTED THIS, BECAUSE IN SPITE OF HIS AGE, HE KEPT INFORMED OF THE 'NEW' ADVANCES IN MEDICINE. IN 2005, when I had a problem, he opened one of his 'new' medical books, verified a few things, such as dosage, etc. & precribed a 'new' pill that had just come out.

I don't know if he is well enough now, or still interested in 'returning' a 'few' hrs per wk, but 'perhaps' he could 'arrange' to 'ASSIST' one of the local dr. in the Ky. N.Arl area. NoTE: I LEAVE OUT HARRISON, BECAUSE I DON'T THINK WE HAVE ANY GP'S OR INTERNAL MED. DRS WHO ARE 'GOOD' ENOUGH FOR HIM TO JOIN IN WITH & WOULDN'T FEEL 'THREATENED BY HIM IN THAT THEY'D LOOSE THEIRE PATIENTS TO HIM!

PS. I NOW GO TO DR. CALABRESE IN N.A. HE HAS GREAT 'ESTEEM' FOR DR. SIWEK, & is a 'YOUNGER' VERSION of HIM, WITH A WARM, CARING 'BEDSIDE' MANNER. He'd be a 'great' dr. for Dr Siwek to work with a 'few' hrs. per wk. if it could be arranged. since there are many patients there..

Guest Guest
I couldn't agree more, he maintained his office and residence on Central Ave. for over 60 years. He helped more people and did more good during his years of practcing medicine, than most of us in a lifetime. He is not only a great doctor, but never had a bad word to say about anyone. He is a credit to his profession and a great assest to the people of Harrison. We need more role models like him for young people. We should start a petition to rename Central Ave. after him "Dr. Stanley J. Siwek Blvd. or Ave.!

If a street like Central Ave. is not renamed for him IT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE TO NAME THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL IN HIS HONOR. HE WAS THE SCHOOL DOCTOR FOR OVER SIXTY YEARS AND YOU WILL NEVER FIND A MORE DEDICATED, COMPASSIONATE, INTERESTED AND KNOWLEDGABLE PHYSICIAN. HE CARED ABOUT EACH AND EVERY STUDENT. HE KNEW THAT HE DID NOT HAVE TO ATTEND AWAY GAMES, BUT DID IN CASE ONE OF HIS PLAYERS WAS HURT! HE REPRESENTED OUR TOWN AND SCHOOL SYSTEM AS TE ULTIMATE PROFESSIONAL HE WILL ALWAYS BE.

Guest Guest
If a street like Central Ave. is not renamed for him IT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE TO NAME THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL IN HIS HONOR. HE WAS THE SCHOOL DOCTOR FOR OVER SIXTY YEARS AND YOU WILL NEVER FIND A MORE DEDICATED, COMPASSIONATE, INTERESTED AND KNOWLEDGABLE PHYSICIAN. HE CARED ABOUT EACH AND EVERY STUDENT. HE KNEW THAT HE DID NOT HAVE TO ATTEND AWAY GAMES, BUT DID IN CASE ONE OF HIS PLAYERS WAS HURT! HE REPRESENTED OUR TOWN AND SCHOOL SYSTEM AS TE ULTIMATE PROFESSIONAL HE WILL ALWAYS BE.

Dr. Siwek has treated me and my family for years, sorry to hear he's ill, glad to hear he's doing OK. I can't think of a person who deserves either a street or the new High School named after them. He is a remarkablely dedicated wonderful doctor who will be sadly missed by the people who he cared for. their are few people who will be as sadly missed by the community as his services will be.

Guest Guest

It's a great idea to name a street or the new High School for DR. Siwek. A man of his caliber enters your life so infrequently, that we should continue this good mans name as an example of one of the better things in our town.

Guest Guest
It's a great idea to name a street or the new High School for DR. Siwek. A man of his caliber enters your life so infrequently, that we should continue this good mans name as an example of one of the better things in our town.

The school already has a name but a room or even better the high school statium.

The idea of a street is good, if they can change Worthington Ave to Supor Blvd/ they can certainly give Dr Siwek a street.

Guest Guest

WE LOVE YOU DR. SIWEK AND WE MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!!! :lol:

Guest Guest

GREAT IDEA!!!! DR. SIWEK WAS ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP EVERYONE. HE ALWAYS HAD A SMILE ON HIS FACE AND A JOKE IN HIS POCKET. IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR HARRISON TO HAVE A DR. STANLEY SIWEK STREET.

Guest Guest

Dr. Siwek has been part of this town, and part of the lives of the many families that have lived in harrison for generations. Even people who were not regular patients of Dr. Siwek have known of him, and the good work he has done. Harrison, at one time, had many respectable people within the town that most people looked up to with a sense of diligence, and since the majority of those people are no longer with us, it would be nice for us to recognize Dr. Siwek while he is still alive.

Some people believe that this is too small of a thing to worry about, when the town has more critical issues on their hands, but honestly, naming a street after someone is not going to halt progress on everything else that needs to be done. The only person who has ANY right to complain about changing a street name would be someone who would be in charge of changing the name, and they are utterly bogged down with work that has impeding deadlines. Otherwise, what gets done through another "business" is not of your worry. If you disagree, maybe you can see your own doctor for some xanax to relax yourself.

Don't have a stroke, it's just a street sign.

Guest Guest
It's a shame you think something good is a waste of time.

Perhaps the town is not the only thing (one) rotting from within?

hahahaha that one hurts, oh you got me. i'm a goner.......

no one will be left here to appreciate all your well meant effort. your town is changing rapidly, who will know who Dr. Siwek was? this town has lost all that it once was ...... trust me.