Dr. Siwek

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
hahahaha that one hurts, oh you got me. i'm a goner.......

no one will be left here to appreciate all your well meant effort.  your town is changing rapidly, who will know who Dr. Siwek was?  this town has lost all that it once was ...... trust me.

It's a shame you feel it lost all that it once was - it has lost a lot of what it was, but not all. There are still many fine people and good things about the town.

None measure up to Dr. Siwek's goodness, that's why it's important to name something in his honor, so that he and his kindness to residents are NOT FORGOTTEN. All towns in NJ are changing. This is why we need to keep as many of the good memories as we can! Dr. Siwek is among the BEST!

Guest Guest
It's a shame you feel it lost all that it once was - it has lost a lot of what it was, but not all. There are still many fine people and good things about the town.

None measure up to Dr. Siwek's goodness, that's why it's important to name something in his honor, so that he and his kindness to residents are NOT FORGOTTEN. All towns in NJ are changing. This is why we need to keep as many of the good memories as we can! Dr. Siwek is among the BEST!

do you really feel that the town is at all, even a little like it once was before so many families pulled up and left?

soon, more will move on because it just isn't familiar any more. towns change, new generations of people move in. whole ethnicity's are replaced. Harrison was and is a great town. It will be in the future, just different. It needs leadership that wants to keep the ideals of the people as it's focus, all the people, not just the select few.

ps. Dr Siwek is a great guy, don't misconstrue my feelings of the town as a personal affront on him.

Guest Guest
do you really feel that the town is at all, even a little like it once was before so many families pulled up and left? 

soon, more will move on because it just isn't familiar any more.  towns change, new generations of people move in. whole ethnicity's are replaced. Harrison was and is a great town.  It will be in the future, just different. It needs leadership that wants to keep the ideals of the people as it's focus, all the people, not just the select few.

ps.    Dr Siwek is a great guy, don't misconstrue my feelings of the town as a personal affront on him.

You and perhaps several others see no good whatsoever with some of the better, that is: more positive posts. Everyone and everything that is positive is taken to task and whatever they post is turned into a political "thing". Don't you think the people have spoken and selected the present administration. You losers have to give it up at a point in time, it's not all about YOU!

This post is about Dr. Siwek, one of the best people to ever live in and serve this town. Something should be done in his honor and the sooner the better.

Guest Guest
You and perhaps several others see no good whatsoever with some of the better, that is: more positive posts. Everyone and everything that is positive is taken to task and whatever they post is turned into a political "thing". Don't you think the people have spoken and selected the present administration. You losers have to give it up at a point in time, it's not all about YOU!

This post is about Dr. Siwek, one of the best people to ever live in and serve this town. Something should be done in his honor and the sooner the better.

Tell me why?

I know of many great Harrisonians, what of them?

Why do you take such umbrage to my call for accountability and responsibility?

That's really what it is.

Nothing political about it. Your town serves you, it's citizen. Your "voter" elected officials guide the town to that end.

Don't you make this political in nature. Shame on you.

You demand things to be done..... Step up like the good doctor and do!

Don't waste my time or better yet your time by typing

these little "drive-by" responses to my feeble attempts to get under your skin.

Let me clue you in.......

....I agree with you that we should honor the people who have enriched our lives and the lives of many hundreds of Harrison residents.

People who sought to make living here special. This would include Dr. Siwek.

Remembrance of our past and paying homage to those who dedicated

themselves to Harrison and it's sons and daughters is a noble gesture....AND the least we can do.

Here's an Idea.... maybe we have a monument dedicated to the Harrisonians who made this town someplace special.

A "wall" of fame if you will. Just like the war monument, but for all those who gave of themselves for our town.

It could show their likeness and provide actually information of their contributions and it's importance to all who call Harrison "Home".

People who come to live here long after those who remember who the streets are named after are gone.

I, and anyone else, could definitely call that a fitting tribute.

What can you do for Dr. Siwek?

What can you do for Harrison, and in turn for yourself?

Remember you started this rolling so finish it.

Yes, I know it doesn't cost much, (up front), to change a few signs in comparison but......

Do you think Dr. Siwek and all the others are worth the extra effort and expense?

I do.

Don't stand on your ideals and preach down to those who dare to question same

unless you have the conviction to follow through on your intentions.

Show some real "moxie" :ninja: !

Guest Guest

Tell me why?

Nothing political about it. Your town serves you, it's citizen. Your "voter" elected officials guide the town to that end.

Don't you make this political in nature. Shame on you.

You demand things to be done..... Step up like the good doctor and do!

....I agree with you that we should honor the people who have enriched our lives and the lives of many hundreds of Harrison residents.

People who sought to make living here special. This would include Dr. Siwek.

themselves to Harrison and it's sons and daughters is a noble gesture....AND the least we can do.

Here's an Idea.... maybe we have a monument dedicated to the Harrisonians who made this town someplace special.

A "wall" of fame if you will. Just like the war monument, but for all those who gave of themselves for our town.

It could show their likeness and provide actually information of their contributions and it's importance to all who call Harrison "Home".

People who come to live here long after those who remember who the streets are named after are gone.

Yes, I know it doesn't cost much, (up front), to change a few signs in comparison but......

Do you think Dr. Siwek and all the others are worth the extra effort and expense?

I do.

Show some real "moxie" :) !

[/quote

Name several that have contributed as much, and set the bar as high as this man. You can't.

Guest Guest

"Name several that have contributed as much, and set the bar as high as this man. You can't."

you still don't get it ............. never will

and you won't do anything of substance for Dr. Siwek.

you just like to read yourself pontificating here on KOTW.

Guest Guest
"Name several that have contributed as much, and set the bar as high as this man. You can't."

you still don't get it ............. never will

and you won't do anything of substance for Dr. Siwek.

you just like to read yourself pontificating here on KOTW.

You're wrong, and have avoided the question. Can you name two or three people as highly regarded that have done so much for so many? No you can't. I didn't pontificate one tenth of the amount you tried to, sorry.

Guest Guest
You're wrong, and have avoided the question. Can you name two or three people as highly regarded that have done so much for so many? No you can't. I didn't pontificate one tenth of the amount you tried to, sorry.

Returning to the subject a Street or School should be Named after this GREAT MAN.

Perhaps the old High School, which will be a "new" middle school. If not the new High School itself.

Guest Guest

yes, that's right, I am avoiding answering your inane question. I won't play your "prove it or else I win" game. Are you kidding?

you're the one with nothing my friend....

.... and you will do nothing but whine, thread after thread.

so do something for Dr. Siwek ..... batter up!

or is this all you got.... slugging it out here, trying to go one up?

ya got nothing - you can't even start something real for the good doctor.

Guest GuestA
Returning to the subject a Street or School should be Named after this GREAT MAN.

Perhaps the old High School, which will be a "new" middle school. If not the new High School itself.

I second this as a great idea. We need more POSITIVE THINGS like this to occur in Harrison!

Guest Guest
yes, that's right, I am avoiding answering your inane question.  I won't play your "prove it or else I win" game.  Are you kidding?

you're the one with nothing my friend....

.... and you will do nothing but whine, thread after thread.

so do something for Dr. Siwek ..... batter up!

or is this all you got.... slugging it out here, trying to go one up?

ya got nothing - you can't even start something real for the good doctor.

Put your mouth (answer the question) or stop typing, because you have nothing useful to say. You definitely have too much time on your hands, must work for the town.

Guest Guest
I second this as a great idea. We need more POSITIVE THINGS like this to occur in Harrison!

If anone gets the ball rolling, I'd like to get on the bandwagon and help! Dr. Siwek is among the greatest of human beings ever to have lived. We in Harrison could not have been luckier, than to have him serve us and our children for so many years!

Guest Guest
Put your mouth (answer the question) or stop typing, because you have nothing useful to say. You definitely have too much time on your hands, must work for the town.

Answer the question ! Answer the question ! aaack! aaack! Polly want an answer!

The question was never about Dr. Siweks qualification as Harrisonian with the most-ian; really are there not more people who have done and do for Harrison TOO? Shouldn't we honor them? TOO!!!!

TOO as in ALSO sometimes WITH maybe TOGETHER. Dr. Siwek can be first if you wish.

Oh......... that was the statement.

Last time .... honor our Harrisonian standouts ...... and do it by your actions elsewhere (you figure it out), so that just possibly there would be a chance of getting it accomplished.

Typing it here 20 times doesn't make it happen.

I will stop typing because enlightening you is fruitless (not to mention impossible).

Obviously your ignorance extends years beyond your education. Come into the light Carol Ann ......................

Hey, look at the upside - hasn't this been fun?

Guest Guest
Answer the question !  Answer the question ! aaack! aaack! Polly want an answer!

The question was never about Dr. Siweks qualification as Harrisonian with the most-ian; really are there not more people who have done and do for Harrison TOO?  Shouldn't we honor them? TOO!!!!

TOO as in ALSO sometimes WITH maybe TOGETHER. Dr. Siwek can be first if you wish.

Oh......... that was the statement.

Last time .... honor our Harrisonian standouts ...... and do it by your actions elsewhere (you figure it out), so that just possibly there would be a chance of getting it accomplished.

Typing it here 20 times doesn't make it happen.

I will stop typing because enlightening you is fruitless (not to mention impossible).

Obviously your ignorance extends years beyond your education. Come into the light Carol Ann ......................

Hey, look at the upside - hasn't this been fun?

Someone should start the ball rolling, as their may be a couple others worthy, yet noone has done so much for so many without looking for anything as Dr. Siwek has.

Guest Guest
Someone should start the ball rolling, as their may be a couple others worthy, yet noone has done so much for so many without looking for anything as Dr. Siwek has.

thank you..............

I like this town, I hope someone (those in office who control such things) sees this as beneficial to our town and gets something done.

That's all I was trying to get across. Let's make it happen.

Here's to Dr. Siwek and all those who loved this town and it's people.

Guest Guest
thank you..............

I like this town, I hope someone (those in office who control such things) sees this as beneficial to our town and gets something done.

If not Central Ave. then perhaps one of the new strets in the redevelopment area.

Guest Guest
Tell me why?

Nothing political about it.  Your town serves you, it's citizen.  Your "voter" elected officials guide the town to that end. 

Don't you make this political in nature.  Shame on you.

You demand things to be done.....  Step up like the good doctor and do!

People who sought to make living here special.  This would include Dr. Siwek. 

A "wall" of fame if you will.  Just like the war monument, but for all those who gave of themselves for our town. 

It could show their likeness and provide actually information of their contributions and it's  importance to all who call Harrison "Home". 

I do.

Show some real "moxie"  :lol: !

A WALL OF FAME FOR HARRISON?? the WALL would be the size of a playing card.

Guest GuestA
If not Central Ave. then perhaps one of the new strets in the redevelopment area.

Great idea! Or one of the schools in town, if not a street since he was the school doctor for so long! We will never see such dedication again.

Guest Guest
A WALL OF FAME FOR HARRISON?? the WALL would be the size of a playing card.

Just getting around to your reading are you? Catch up Double D.

We are people who actually like living here and care for the town AND we were having a lovely discourse about people who have given of themselves to Harrison. Your contributions have been noted, you may leave any time you want.

No one will miss you.

Please pull your head out to ensure success with this, but remember to take it with you. TY

Guest Guest
Just getting around to your reading are you?  Catch up Double D.

We are people who actually like living here and care for the town AND we were having a lovely discourse about people who have given of themselves to Harrison. Your contributions have been noted, you may leave any time you want.

No one will miss you.

Please pull your head out to ensure success with this, but remember to take it with you. TY

I have lived here all my life and I can't think of more than a handful of people that would diserve the honor on being on a wall of fame, and I am going back to the late 40's--Perhaps a wall of Shame would be more like it. I am staying here, raised my kids here and now my grandchildren are here. Theres been a big change in the last 25 or so years and not for the better. I'll stay because I like the area and the folks that live here, but the man running this town is ruining it.

As for as Dr. Siwek, I could not agreed more. What I was trying to put across is that he is one in a million. Not many more from this town can touch him. Just a few. but not enough to cover a whole wall. CASE CLOSE!!

Guest Guest
thank you..............

You know what the problem is here??? These people who have a problem with Dr.Siwek being honored are not true Harrisonians. They are the immigrants who came to our town, and have no knowledge of all the great people that gave their all to Harrison. Dr.Siwek, being a strong tie to this community for many years, and would come to your home if needed when your child was sick, or just for a follow up. This man needs to be honored as was Frank, with whatever is fitting. The new people of this town need to know who helped make Harrison a great place to work and live.

Guest Guest
You know what the problem is here???  These people who have a problem with Dr.Siwek being honored are not true Harrisonians.  They are the immigrants who came to our town, and have no knowledge of all the great people that gave their all to Harrison.  Dr.Siwek, being a strong tie to this community for many years, and would come to your home if needed when your child was sick, or just for a follow up.  This man needs to be honored as was Frank, with whatever is fitting.  The new people of this town need to know who helped make Harrison a great place to work and live.

Where is Dr. Siwek now. I heard that he is not doing well, I hope Im wrong

Guest Guest
You know what the problem is here???  These people who have a problem with Dr.Siwek being honored are not true Harrisonians.  They are the immigrants who came to our town, and have no knowledge of all the great people that gave their all to Harrison.  Dr.Siwek, being a strong tie to this community for many years, and would come to your home if needed when your child was sick, or just for a follow up.  This man needs to be honored as was Frank, with whatever is fitting.  The new people of this town need to know who helped make Harrison a great place to work and live.

I couldn't agree more, Frank has Rodgers Blvd. named after him. We need to do something for Dr. Siwek who has humbly done so much to help the residents of this town.

Guest Guest

the residents in this town that know of the doctor have been long gone or moved from this area. most people still here or a lot of new residents don't know who he is . so naming anything after him would only appease a small number of residents or you for ???? reasons. i think there are more important issues that need attention other than wondering what to name after a old doctor.

Guest GUEST

the residents in this town that know of the doctor have been long gone or moved from this area. most people still here or a lot of new residents don't know who he is . so naming anything after him would only appease a small number of residents or you for ???? reasons. i think there are more important issues that need attention other than wondering what to name after a old doctor.

[/quote"

IT HAS TO DO WITH THE "TOWN HISTORY", WHICH GOES BACK MORE THAN SERVERAL HUNDRED YEARS. EVERY COUNTRY, REGION, STATE, AND CITY OR TOWN HAS ITS OWN PAST HISTORY WHICH NEEDS TO BE HONORED AND REMEMBERED. I'M SURE THAT 100 YRS FROM NOW, THERE'LL BE A FEW MORE PEOPLE FROM TODAYS' YOUNG TOWN RESIDENTS WILL BE HONORED IN A SIMILIAR FASHION IN HARRISON.