Karate Classes for Adults & Children

HwangKarateStudio

If you spend your time getting your knickers in a knot over stuff like this, then YOU ARE the one who really needs help. :P

Take a look at who sounded angrier (especially using ALL CAPS) in the posts--me or those bitching about me expressing my opinion. Clue: it's not me.

Interesting how you criticize my opinion yet have no criticism for people who responded to that opinion with infantile comments toward me. I find hypocrisy interesting.

Give me a break. Who needs help? Me, or someone so immature that they would call someone they never even met "Captain Push Broom" over the Internet? Please.

If  you don't like it, don't read it.

Don't give advice you wouldn't take yourself. Why didn't you just ignore my posts instead of complaining about them?

Guest Guest
It is advertising of a private business not affiliated with KOTW, and using carbon copies of the same post on several sections of a forum. That is defined as spam in practically every public forum of this kind on the Internet.

If people are interested in that, they can look it up. I don't believe one comes to KOTW for what are basically text commercials. I could understand the site advertising an affiliate, but giving free license for anyone owning a private business in the area to advertise for free on the forum sets a very bad precedent.

I made no claims about what the webmaster thought. Just stated my opinion based on what I think is common sense.

Also, in my opinion, the "moderation" on this forum is pretty weak, and may as well not exist, to save the moderator(s) (I have a feeling it's one person) a whole lot of wasted time--they would be better off allowing everything through and then simply deleting 'bad' posts when they're 'caught,' and sparing the 'normal' users the annoyance of all these delays.

For every single post to have to be 'approved' before posting, you would think even trivial things like double-posts would be caught and deleted before making it to the forum, but they aren't. And yet, posts filled with nothing but factual errors and/or personal attacks are freely allowed through, while the 'swear' censor is so ridiculous that even words like "S**K" are censored regardless of context. I'll say one thing--you can hear and see far more offensive things on any given 'episode' of the daily news.

I have been a moderator of a public forum in the past, so I'm not only speaking from my opinion, but also from my experience. Some of the reasons things are the way they are here, at least the way "KOTW" presented them, don't make any sense, in my opinion.

If they let everything through you and Paul would be crying how your rights are being violated.

Guest Guest
If you spend your time getting your knickers in a knot over stuff like this, then YOU ARE the one who really needs help. :P

If  you don't like it, don't read it. There are people out there who might be interested. YOU'RE only ONE person who is making a fuss.  :P

Strifey is dying to have control over something, anything. That's what happens when a self proclaimed Constitutional Scholar can't do any better than a town job.

Guest Guest
Strifey is dying to have control over something, anything.  That's what happens when a self proclaimed Constitutional Scholar can't do any better than a town job.

I see what you mean. Where does he work by the way?

One would love to ignore him, however, he's all over this forum like chicken pox; hard to ignore, wouldn't you say? I say he's aching to be moderator. Oh well, just another type A control freak wanna be, I guess - B):D:D

If they let everything through you and Paul would be crying how your rights are being violated.

Wrong. Try actually reading what I wrote:

"they would be better off allowing everything through and then simply deleting 'bad' posts when they're 'caught,' and sparing the 'normal' users the annoyance of all these delays."

You have stated my opinion as exactly the opposite of what I myself have stated it to be. How embarassing.

Strifey is dying to have control over something, anything.  That's what happens when a self proclaimed Constitutional Scholar

"Self proclaimed (sic) Constitutional Scholar (sic)?" I do believe I have stated the EXACT OPPOSITE concerning my 'scholarship' of law in general. If you're trying to make yourself look as stupid as possible, you're doing a great job.

Strifey is dying to have control over something, anything.  That's what happens when a self proclaimed Constitutional Scholar can't do any better than a town job.

"Self proclaimed" means that HE made the claim. And yet, it appears that the only one who has voiced it is YOU.

p.s. to Guest:

This is the point where you are expected to reply that he has made an implied claim of expertise by voicing his opinions on the topic. Which would, of course, raise the question of why that does not make your own comments on this or any other topic an implicit claim of expertise. To which you might counter (perhaps preemptively) that it applies to him, and not you, because he's posted a lot more about it than you have. This, however, still leads to no consensus at all about exactly how many posts it takes to qualify as an implicit claim of expertise, or about why the threshold seems to be different depending on whether the one judging likes the one judged, or about whether such a weak and subjective implication as that can ever really justify the accusation of being a "self proclaimed" anything. The discussion goes nowhere. Eventually (preferably quickly) either dwindling to nothing or drifting to another topic, leaving no one any more enlightened than before.

Just thought I'd save you some time.