Karate Classes for Adults & Children

HwangKarateStudio

Hwang Karate Studio - Adults & Children ! :D

Learn respect, how to defend yourself, street awareness, discipline, how to avoid dangerous situations and much more. Come see demonstrations on: self defense, stretching, breaking boards, and more. Classes for ADULTS and CHILDREN OF ALL AGES. Come visit us today and sign up for TWO FREE WEEKS! We are located on the corner of Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard and Cleveland Avenue in Harrison, NJ. Call 973-350-1060 for more information. Or come visit us Monday to Wednesday between 5:00pm and 8:30pm or on Saturdays between 9:30am and 12:00 noon.

Hwang Karate Studio

14-16 Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard

2nd floor

Harrison, New Jersey 07029

(973) 350-1060

Or e-mail us at Hwang_Karate@yahoo.com

Guest Guest
Must you spam the same post all over this forum? Since the place is in Harrison, just posting it in the Harrison forum would have been more than enough.

Look who is complaining about spamming the message board. The person with many worthless posts.

For your info Hwang Karate was formerly located in Harrsion and I'm sure still pulls many members from town. I for do not read the Harrison board on here, so they have done nothing wrong.

It is the webmaster's decision to decide what is spam and what is allowable. Obviously, she disagrees with you.

Guest Guest
Must you spam the same post all over this forum? Since the place is in Harrison, just posting it in the Harrison forum would have been more than enough.

That's right. Only Strifey can decide where people can post and where they can't. And when he does tell you where you can post, you'll know that Strifey, aka Captain Push Broom, has spoken.

Look who is complaining about spamming the message board.  The person with many worthless posts.

Just because you don't like what I write doesn't mean it's spam. Using a forum as an online billboard for advertising, especially when posting carbon copies of the same post over and over, is spam.

Also, you must think your posts are pretty worthless if you won't even dignify them by attaching some sort of identity to them, "Guest," so I wouldn't talk.

For your info Hwang Karate was formerly located in Harrsion

Formerly? The address in the post was a Harrison address. I doubt they'd post an address that wasn't current.

and I'm sure still pulls many members from town.  I for do not read the Harrison board on here, so they have done nothing wrong.

I don't think it's appropriate to turn a public forum into a commercial or place of advertising. There are many more appropriate venues for that. Regardless, my complaint is in posting the same exact thing all over, not even the fact that they were using the forum as their own personal billboard.

It is the webmaster's decision to decide what is spam and what is allowable.  Obviously, she disagrees with you.

Wow, what a brilliant deduction, Sherlock. However did you figure that one out?

Who died and made you boss?

Considering I didn't command anyone to do anything, I'd suggest you pulled that insinuation out of your ass.

One doesn't need to be in charge to express a bit of common sense. KOTW isn't a billboard offering free advertising for private businesses, nor should it tolerate spamming the same post in several sections of its forum. That's how I feel--if people are allowed to post to say things as stupid as to suggest that certain people in this country don't deserve any rights, then I should damned well be allowed to express my own opinions too. Get used to it.

Guest Guest
Look who is complaining about spamming the message board.  The person with many worthless posts.

For your info Hwang Karate was formerly located in Harrsion and I'm sure still pulls many members from town.  I for do not read the Harrison board on here, so they have done nothing wrong.

It is the webmaster's decision to decide what is spam and what is allowable.  Obviously, she disagrees with you.

My apologies. Should be "formerly located in Kearny".

Strife767, you are still wrong. With the boards moderated the way they are, the Webmaster had every opporutnity to limit or not post the thread at all. You still decided to B**ch about it, even though you should have been smart enough to figure out that the Webmaster ACTIVELY ALLOWED THE POSTS.

1) First of all, the above posting is NOT spam, it's COMMUNITY NEWS for the residents of KEARNY, HARRISON & EAST NEWARK.

2) That information is for anyone who might be interested in learning karate classes for themselves OR their children in the town of KEARNY, HARRISON & EAST NEWARK.

3) If the webmaster (i.e., the person in charge of this forum) thought it wasn't appropriate, he/she would not have posted it in the forums of KEARNY, HARRISON OR EAST NEWARK.

Have a nice day! :P

Strife767, you are still wrong.  With the boards moderated the way they are, the Webmaster had every opporutnity to limit or not post the thread at all.  You still decided to B**ch about it, even though you should have been smart enough to figure out that the Webmaster ACTIVELY ALLOWED THE POSTS.

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...indpost&p=49838

1) First of all, the above posting is NOT spam, it's COMMUNITY NEWS for the residents of KEARNY, HARRISON & EAST NEWARK.

It is advertising of a private business not affiliated with KOTW, and using carbon copies of the same post on several sections of a forum. That is defined as spam in practically every public forum of this kind on the Internet.

2) That information is for anyone who might be interested in learning karate classes for themselves OR their children in the town of KEARNY, HARRISON & EAST NEWARK.

If people are interested in that, they can look it up. I don't believe one comes to KOTW for what are basically text commercials. I could understand the site advertising an affiliate, but giving free license for anyone owning a private business in the area to advertise for free on the forum sets a very bad precedent.

3) If the webmaster (i.e., the person in charge of this forum) thought it wasn't appropriate, he/she would not have posted it in the forums of KEARNY, HARRISON OR EAST NEWARK.

I made no claims about what the webmaster thought. Just stated my opinion based on what I think is common sense.

Also, in my opinion, the "moderation" on this forum is pretty weak, and may as well not exist, to save the moderator(s) (I have a feeling it's one person) a whole lot of wasted time--they would be better off allowing everything through and then simply deleting 'bad' posts when they're 'caught,' and sparing the 'normal' users the annoyance of all these delays.

For every single post to have to be 'approved' before posting, you would think even trivial things like double-posts would be caught and deleted before making it to the forum, but they aren't. And yet, posts filled with nothing but factual errors and/or personal attacks are freely allowed through, while the 'swear' censor is so ridiculous that even words like "S**K" are censored regardless of context. I'll say one thing--you can hear and see far more offensive things on any given 'episode' of the daily news.

I have been a moderator of a public forum in the past, so I'm not only speaking from my opinion, but also from my experience. Some of the reasons things are the way they are here, at least the way "KOTW" presented them, don't make any sense, in my opinion.

Thank you! Special announcement for RESIDENTS of the HARRISON AND KEARNY community:

we will be having FREE classes at 10:00am

on Monday April 9 and Wednesday April 11.

People of all ages are welcome to attend ! Come and take a look or participate - FREE !

14-16 Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard

Harrison, New Jersey 07020

(on the 2nd floor of Knights of Columbus building)

(corner of Cleveland)

Guest Guest
It is advertising of a private business not affiliated with KOTW, and using carbon  in the past, so I'm not only speaking from my opinion, but also from my experience. Some of the reasons things are the way they are here, at least the way "KOTW" presented them, don't make any sense, in my opinion.

If you spend your time getting your knickers in a knot over stuff like this, then YOU ARE the one who really needs help. :lol:

If you don't like it, don't read it. There are people out there who might be interested. YOU'RE only ONE person who is making a fuss. :lol: