Congrats Lt. Kearns !

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Congrats to Lt. Kearns on his promotion to Captain. He is one of the best, if not the best Officer at the HPD and deserves the title. He is a great family man, works hard, and gets results. If Harrison had twenty cops like Derek we could get rid of all the crybabies. Much luck Derek, and its about time someone is promoted for their overall ability and expertise, not just one test that anyone can get lucky on. The Town of Harrison finally makes a wise decision and moves ahead to better the community. I am not Derek or a cop typing this. That I assure you. The proof is in his work effort and ability.

Guest think before you speak

hate to bust your bubble,but hpd has several good cops not just derek. especially a few that have been overlooked by stupid decisions made by others. you might want to take off those derek rosy glasses. looks like derek is the flavor of the month? i just hope he didn't sell his soul to anyone for it. i do recall, a trade that took place that assured him a spot where he is today. the diggs were set and executed on several officers w/ more seniority.

serving how much? who ? :lol:

Guest Guest
just hope he didn't sell his soul to anyone for it.
In this town it's votes and money, money and votes.
serving how much? who ?
that quote made me quiver a bit, sending chills through my body. Thats a good question, to ask the mayor and council as well as the HPD.

Guest Guest

I would also like to congratulate Derek for being promoted to Captain. He is a very good police officer and probably compete for Chief when the present Chief leaves.

Guest Guest

The greenheaded monster of jealousy has shown its ugly head. But alas, it is too late. The deed is done. The three wise men tied for the sgt. spots were instructed by the Almighty ***** and his ******** ****** friend (******* *****) to write tickets and other stupid gimmicks which ruined their chances of promotion, and they followed like sheep to the slaughter. Now, the guys who orchestrated the ticket party and other antics did a good job. They now will have another chance to test against the same guys (although it will be many years from now) and the top three will most likely be a different top three. ********, look at me, love me, has effectively limited competition for the next Lts. test. Derek minded his own business and drove the mayor around town and developed a relationship with him which put him in the spotlight. Smart move by a smart guy. That is why he will move up while the three wise men remain at their lowly status. When you seperate yourself from the childish PBA, only then will you see clearly through the fog of deception.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

I agree that Capt. Kearns was a good choice. I also hear that they are making 1 more captain after Kearns. Do they really need 5 captains for 50 officers?

They are also making 1 new Lt.

Pretty soon the police dept. will be like North Arlington and have to force retirements or lay officers off. What is going on behind the BACK DOOR?????. I thought the state said no more promotions?? can someone shed some light on this?

Guest Guest

I CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON IT. MAYBE THEY ARE TRYING TO GET A STRUCTURE LIKE THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. WHT DON'T YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT. THEY HAVE LIKE 20 CAPTAINS AND 5 BATALLION CHIEFS. TALK ABOUT BIG BUCKS MAKING YOUR TAXES GO UP. QUIT LOOKING AT THE COPS (ALTHOUGH THEY ARE A GOOD LOOKING GROUP OF GUYS) AND START CONCENTRATING ON THE DO NOTHING SO-CALLED FIREMAN WHO BREAK A SWEAT ONCE A YEAR, AND THAT IS ONLY IF THE AIR CONDITIONER BREAKS WHEN THEY ARE SLEEPING OR COOKING, EXCLUDING THEIR NOW DAILY BARBECUES AT YOUR EXPENSE. YOU EVEN PAY FOR THE FOOD. SO PUT BLAME WHERE BLAME IS DUE OR SHUT UP. I HOPE THEY MAKE 20 CAPTAINS IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. YOU OBVIOUSLY THINK THAT IS THE APPROPRIATE NUMBER IN A GROUP WHICH IS THE SAME SIZE, THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. THE STATE INVESTIGATORS OR WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLED SHOULD RIP THAT DO NOTHING FIRE DEPARTMENT DOWN TO THE BARE BONES BECAUSE THE NEPOTISM AND PATRONAGE IS SUCKING THE LIFEBLOOOD OUT OF THE RESIDENTS IN THE FORM OF HIGH TAXES. WHILE WE ARE AT IT, WHY ARE WE STILL PAYING FOR THE PREVIOUSLY ARRESTED FIREMAN WHO ARE DRUG ADDICTS TO BUY THEIR DRUGS? THE 40% DISABILITY THEY RECEIVE AND BENEFITS FOR THEIR FAMILY FOR LIFE COME OUT OF YOUR POCKET. THE TOWN NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL HAVE THE GUTS TO STAND UP TO THE HFD. NOT EVEN WHEN IT COMES TO THE POINT OF PAYING FOR THEIR DRUGS AND SOME DIED BECAUSE OF THIS. WHAT A SHAME!!!!

Guest Guest

Las month the Mayor tried to make a Deputy Chief and convinced his choice to postpone his retirement, only later to relent to pressure from the Police Chairman Doran and the PBA to not make this position. He used the excuse the State of NJ would not agree to it. He also told the PBA that the State would not agree to any more promotions and they would take back the aid money if they promoted anyone.

What happened? A visit to his office and then promises made. Now the Detective Bureau has 2 Captains, 1 Sergeant and 1 Detective. The senior Captain gives and order to the junior Captain who gives it to the Sgt. or then orders the Detective to followup on the job. The poor lone Detective is stuck doing the work. What ineffectiveness and inefficiency, but this is Harrison. Is the State of NJ now going to take back the aid money like the Mayor said they would? What is the Mayor's new plan to make the department more efficient?

God help the Harrison Taxpayer. :ph34r:

Guest Guest

If the "lone, poor detective" is complaining of his workload, I am sure that there is a spot on one of the squads for him. There are plenty of guys that would like steady days and replace this overburdened poor soul. I think the chief should immediately be informed of this. Gotta go. Got a call to make.

Guest Guest

PBA gets played again. This seems to be like a broken record. These suckers just do not get it. You are still sticking up for Doran. Is he still calling the three wise men by the title of Sgt. or did that stop. Onward and upward, to more and even more stupid things forced on the sheep by the PBA president to ruin promotions. Remember three wise men, you listen, got screwed, and maybe you learned something, but I doubt it. After the next Sgt. test some guy who just makes the cut-off to take the test will be your boss. I guarantee it. thats really gonna sting, but you fell for it!

Guest guest_Guest
What happened? A visit to his office and then promises made. Now the Detective Bureau has 2 Captains, 1 Sergeant and 1 Detective. The senior Captain gives and order to the junior Captain who gives it to the Sgt. or then orders the Detective to followup on the job. The poor lone Detective is stuck doing the work. What ineffectiveness and inefficiency, but this is Harrison. Is the State of NJ now going to take back the aid money like the Mayor said they would? What is the Mayor's new plan to make the department more efficient?

HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW ORDERS ARE PASSED DOWN IN THE HDB? ARE YOU SITTING IN THEIR OFFICE ALL DAY? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND LET THE PROFESSIONALS DO THEIR JOB. THEY ARE ALL HARD WORKING GUYS. TURN OFF YOUR SCANNER AND STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU HAVE A CLUE OF HOW THINGS ARE RUN THERE....

Guest Guest

How do I know how orders are passed in the DB. I've been in there. The senior Captain had a glass enclosure put around his desk so that he is insulated from the others. They have com-stat meetings copied from the NYPD but nothing gets done and nothing gets solved.

I would like them to publish the amount of cases that they have cleared by arrest and I'm not talking about assault cases where the victim knows the perp. I'm talkingabout burglaries, stolen cars, thefts etc. I bet it is around 10% if that.

Guest Que Pasa

The Harrison DB has always been a haven for Officers who were in with the politicians for obvious reasons. The Mayor has always wanted to dictate to the Chief who gets to be a Detective. Its ironic, that the Mayor said there could not be any more promtions because the State prohibited it and would take back aid to the town, and then promotes a member of the DB to Captain while refusing to promote any Sergeants including what would have been the first Portuguese Sergeant in the HPD's history.

Guest Guest

Playing the Portugese race card is going to go nowhere. No sargeants positions are available. Shame on you for bringing race into the mix. The Mayor is a wise man who is doing a great job in Harrison. What we really need is more promotions in the fire department and more cars assigned to the health department. Give it up. Be happy for the new Captain and leave the Mayor alone. He is the only man who can pull Harrison out the situation it is in with the excellent redevelopement plans.

Guest Guest

PBA guys are now jealous of one of their own heroes. You are NEVER satisfied. Everything was so great when the 40 year cop, past president got promoted to Sargeant without passing the test. Remember the good old days. The most pathetic thing about the whole situation is that the one guy who who was (injured?) was given the answers and still couldn't come out number 1. We all know what happened. SO JUST SHUT UP. IT IS OVER. NO MORE PROMOTIONS. THE TOWN HAS NO MONEY, REMEMBER.

Guest Guest

throwing that race issue is insane considering he doesn't even speak portugese correctly. the promotions are still kiss ass related! no test can change that nor the state for that matter. (that's why excellent cops have left the force,moved on to greener pastures) the hpd is a sink hoe (hole).........hahahahait's based on who sells their soul and at what cost! derek is a good cop but is he worthy?................hell no! does he kiss butt.............hell yeah! are the people around him doing the same................hell yeah, watch the next sgt crawl out of the db! no test need apply!

Guest Guest

Rumor has it that the new Captain sold his soul to the Organization in order to get promoted when there were no openings. He also agreed not to get a pay raise for 2 years. Is that Union busting?

Guest Guest

Capt. Kearns has more qualifications than most now in that position. He is a great guy, great cop, and will be in the Chiefs seat before you know it. If there is any butt kissing to be done, start with kissing Dereks butt if you had the brains, but I doubt you do. Just another jealous loser cop going nowhere. if you do not think he is qualified tellhim, the chief, and the Mayor. Then all three can tell you to shut-up and get back on your corner post.

Guest Guest

Could it be that the highly regarded PBA President (big fish - small pond) is now going to organize his loose net of loser groupies against one of their own members getting promoted? But then again, after the fighting they exhibited after Fred Walsh got sick and were fighting for his position before anyone even knew if he was coming back healthy, how could I even doubt it! Just shut your mouth. You went from demonizing Vinny, to Danny and now to the present Chief. Just a bunch of crybabies. MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. You had a good time at Freds house then you couldn't wait to get the bad news to get promoted. You are a total disgrace to the town, your family, and the human race. No compassion, just sell your soul for some stripes. Very, very sickening. When Derek becomes chief, which he will, I hope he finds out who you are and burys your butt in the least desired position he can think of to make your already empty life more unbearable.

Guest Guest

gee.........has the db started to kiss derek's butt already???????sounds like it!

you did it @ sea girt ,so why stop now kid! too bad newark didn't want you,your hometown! someone else wants to crawl from underneath the db desk to stripes!

no shock there! you post and make your speeches,THE STATE WILL TAKE OVER SOON ENOUGH! :blink:

Guest Guest

When the Chief retires the results of the next Chief test will be as follows.

1. Jim McDonough 2. Charlie trucillo-3 Mike Green 4 Derek Kearns.

Guest Guest

A pre-requisite for being Chief is that the candidate lives in Harrison and is a member of the Democratic Organization. None of the above mentioned live in Harrison- so- there will be a Police Director or Public Safety Director after the present Chief retires on Feb. 1, 2007. It may be Tom Powell.

Guest stop whining
I CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON IT. MAYBE THEY ARE TRYING TO GET A STRUCTURE LIKE THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. WHT DON'T YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT. THEY HAVE LIKE 20 CAPTAINS AND 5 BATALLION CHIEFS. TALK ABOUT BIG BUCKS MAKING YOUR TAXES GO UP. QUIT LOOKING AT THE COPS (ALTHOUGH THEY ARE A GOOD LOOKING GROUP OF GUYS) AND START CONCENTRATING ON THE DO NOTHING SO-CALLED FIREMAN WHO BREAK A SWEAT ONCE A YEAR, AND THAT IS ONLY IF THE AIR CONDITIONER BREAKS WHEN THEY ARE SLEEPING OR COOKING, EXCLUDING THEIR NOW DAILY BARBECUES AT YOUR EXPENSE. YOU EVEN PAY FOR THE FOOD. SO PUT BLAME WHERE BLAME IS DUE OR SHUT UP. I HOPE THEY MAKE 20 CAPTAINS IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. YOU OBVIOUSLY THINK THAT IS THE APPROPRIATE NUMBER IN A GROUP WHICH IS THE SAME SIZE, THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. THE STATE INVESTIGATORS OR WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLED SHOULD RIP THAT DO NOTHING FIRE DEPARTMENT DOWN TO THE BARE BONES BECAUSE THE NEPOTISM AND PATRONAGE IS SUCKING THE LIFEBLOOOD OUT OF THE RESIDENTS IN THE FORM OF HIGH TAXES. WHILE WE ARE AT IT, WHY ARE WE STILL PAYING FOR THE PREVIOUSLY ARRESTED FIREMAN WHO ARE DRUG ADDICTS TO BUY THEIR DRUGS? THE 40% DISABILITY THEY RECEIVE AND BENEFITS FOR THEIR FAMILY FOR LIFE COME OUT OF YOUR POCKET. THE TOWN NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL HAVE THE GUTS TO STAND UP TO THE HFD. NOT EVEN WHEN IT COMES TO THE POINT OF PAYING FOR THEIR DRUGS AND SOME DIED BECAUSE OF THIS. WHAT A SHAME!!!!

you must be one of the biggest retards around. first of all i thought this was to congratulate derek, not start whining about stuff you have no idea!!!!!!!!!! lets look at some of your mistakes.............there are not 20 fire capts there are 19 and now lets look at batt. chiefs there are ONLY 2. BBQ's and FF's dont pay for the food......I dont f*ckin think so!!!!!!!!!!!! and wasnt the last arrest of a town employee for buying drugs a COP!!!!!!!!! someone supposed to be protecting us from drug dealers.........i guess this is a new tactic you guys use make the drug dealer your connection and why not keep their business in the town that pays your salary while your at it. if you ask me both departments have been given black eyes by vicious rumors but if you would like to throw rocks..........be prepared to have bigger ones thrown back!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS DEREK ON A JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived